the heart of the matter.

matte-blvck corner.
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

the heart of the matter.
 

pairing: eijiro kirishima x y/n x katsuki bakugo

genre: fluff, romance, angst

word count: ~3000 words 

summary:  two best friends are standing at the altar. one eager to marry and spend their life with you, the other can't help but stand brokenhearted.
 


Some consider marriage a symbol of subjecting the lesser or weaker partner and putting them in white to make them look pure and signify their ity. The ceremony is known to have ist imagery, with details like emphasizing the importance of a woman’s appearance or the bride not giving her consent, or being allowed to lead the first kiss as married partners. Some people believe it’s an excuse for one partner to isolate the other socially. 

“Focus on us, me, and the kids. Keep your attention on the house, babysitting, the market, errands, and cooking. No, you can not hang out with friends or family unless I say it’s okay.”

Marriage, to some, is seen as a ist lock that represents inequality in a relationship. To others, it seems like the perfect next step. Those who get married save face with family and sometimes their partner. “Get on one knee and pop the question to get out of an argument” type of people. But unfortunately, these people don’t have long-lasting relationships filled with love and pure bliss. 

Kirishima sees the wedding planner signal to the wedding officiator, “five minutes.” He takes a deep breath and can’t help but wait. His stomach fills with euphoric glee as he turns to look at Bakugo, who is standing beside him. The blonde expressed an outward emotion that was opposite the redhead. He seemed irritated and unhappy. 

“What’s wrong? You don’t look too good,” Kirishima questioned with a look of worry on his face. 

“Nothing, I’m fine.” Bakugo snapped. “Let’s get this damn thing over with.”

The angry young man received an eyebrow raise from the other and dropped jaws from the nearby groomsmen. It then became awkward, the other groomsmen shuffling in place, trying not to show Bakugo they were bothered by this statement. But Kirishima indeed was.

“You better change your attitude. You wouldn’t want Y/N to see you like this.” He whispered in a stern tone. “You mean the world to them, and for you not to be happy on their day-”

“Okay, shut up, I get it,” Bakugo cut the other off mid-berating. “I’m just… overthinking….”

“About?”

Bakugo didn’t answer. Instead, he twiddled with his fingers in his hands nervously. He seemed to be growing more and more upset in thought. Kirishima thought it was best to ignore it for now. He wouldn’t want his stubborn friend to ruin your day. Of all people put onto this world, you deserve to have the perfect wedding of your dreams. 

Two minutes.

It was almost time to see your wedding party walk you inside the venue. Kirishima bet you looked so stunning. You always had been. From the moment he laid eyes on you, he knew you were the one for him. He stood tall and proud, waiting for the love of his life to enter his vision and melt all of the stress away.

Bakugo seemed to grow pale. It appeared his nervousness and overthinking were making him sick. Kirishima tried to put a hand on his shoulder to comfort the weary and tired blonde. After all, even though he acted like a prick, they were still best friends, and he cared about him. However, the moment the redhead laid his fingertips on Bakugo, the pissed-off young man jerked away and told the other to leave him alone in vulgar terms. 

“What is your problem?” Kirishima questions persistently. “You should be happy today of all days. So why do you need to ruin everything?”

“You, of all people, shouldn’t talk to me like that? You’re supposed to be my friend. You have no idea what I’m going through right now?”

“Oh…I have some clue….” The redhead whispered.

Bakugo glared at the other, anger and rage surging through his veins.

One minute.

The young men could see some of the wedding party lined up at the entrance, trying to get the ring bearer and flower children in order and settle them down. Then, finally, the guests sitting in the chairs start to notice the ceremony is about to begin. But unfortunately, no one is paying attention to the two disputing right in front of them. 

“I know you do, and that’s what is aggravating about all of it,” Bakugou mumbled, trying to hold in an outburst. 

“You have always been like this; you can’t explain yourself without getting worked up. You’re too closed off, and you let things bottle up. You don’t ever talk things out, Bakugo. Instead, you scream and shout.”

“I’m talking now, aren’t I? And only because I care about Y/N so much not to cause a scene. If it were for anyone else-”

“Stop acting as if you care so much about what they think…you are incapable of any emotions but fury and can only bring violence and destruction wherever you go. You’re making excuses for being a broken man.” Kirishima snapped, his cheerful attitude drastically transforming into anger, matching Bakugo.

The music starts as everyone turns to watch the wedding party enter the venue. They were giggling and awe-ing at the little flower children. They dropped fistfuls of red roses onto the ground, unevenly covering the walkway below them. The little ones receive help walking and not being distracted by their adult partner. 

Kirishima tried to smile, ignoring his friend for bringing down his mood. It is bizarre. His attitude towards the redhead and the idea of this wedding has also changed recently. It was just upsetting, and it brought your mood down as well. Kirishima understands how much you care about Bakugo; you constantly worry about all your friends and family. You try so hard to please everyone and make everyone happy. 

And you don’t deserve to have your day ruined. 

“We can talk later about what your issue is. But, right now, we must knock off the bickering and save face for Y/N.”

“Don’t talk to me about ‘saving face,” Bakugo bit his cheek to keep down his emotions. “You have been nothing but disrespectful-” 

“All you do is care about your image,” Kirishima’s voice grew higher pitched as his irritation enhanced. “You weren’t there when they needed you most.”

The wedding song changed, and chairs squeaked on the wood floor as everyone stood as you entered the room. Your close parental figure latched arms with you as you slowly walked down the aisle. A large smile plastered on your lips, eyes shining bright with the longing desire to be with your fiance. Tears welled up in your eyes, your emotions fighting your beaming smile to force you to cry. You were always more potent than both boys anticipating your arrival.  

A voice broke the silence between the two.

“You are lucky you are even standing up here right now?”

“What about all this makes me so lucky?”

“Because,” Bakugo

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter