For You

Reborn Young
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

02 | For You

 

***

 

Listening to every teacher that comes into their classroom feels like forever for Yoona. He doesn't remember any of it besides feeling hungry and sleepy that he nearly wants to go out and just doesn't return but he made it through until the very end before the bell rang for a lunch break. He was like the flash that he was the fastest to leave the room and look for the cafeteria without asking anyone in the school. 

 

However, when he reached the place, he noticed how everyone is looking at him. 

 

'So he's back? I thought he will leave this school after what happened?'

 

'He never learns does he?'

 

'Tsk, he's just making it worse.'

 

'I heard he doesn't remember anything. Probably the reason he's back.'

 

'Oh, that's too bad.'

 

'Dang, so it's not only Yuri's classmates who know him.' She thought as she made his way to the buffet. He feels uncomfortable but he is used to stares as someone who had been in the public's eyes as an athlete. He left the buffet after receiving his food and look for a seat but everyone was not offering him any of it. He however found an empty one near the fire extinguisher and decided to take it.

 

While quietly having his lunch meal, a group of male students approaches him that startled the hell out of him when they flipped the table. He let out a huge exhale as he slowly and nonchalantly looked at the leader of the students. 'I hate bullies back in my old high school... so this is still a thing?' 

 

"Yah, Kwon Yuri. Is it true?" The boy asked him with a cold stare.

 

"What truth?" He raised from his chair and return the stare. 

 

"That you don't remember anything?" The smaller boy behind asked instead. 

 

"Why don't you test me?" Yoona crossed his arm and smugly asked them. "If I can't answer your question, then you're going to me my new meal." he dared. The students around them gasped in surprise. 'Is this the first time Yuri talked back to the bullies?' And she herself was surprised.

 

"Ha! Now you have the confidence to ask that, eh?" 

 

"Tsk, you want to know the truth, right? Then so be it. Test me." He smiled and wiggled his eyebrows. 'Ta Jun Sang'. He takes note of the name on the boy's nametag on his uniform. His appearance looked like he's one of those bullies in comics that won't give up easily but if he fights back, he might lose for the first time.

 

"I agree with him, ask him, Jun Sang-ah!"

 

"Yeah, let's see if he really can answer."

 

"But you have to get his meal if he can't." 

 

Everyone laughs when they heard it.

 

"Fine. Let me ask just a simple question." Jun Sang approach him closer without unlocking their gazes. "When was the first time we had our summer camping?"  

 

Yoona chuckled. "No, I don't know." as he just simply replied. 

 

"Are you sure you don't know?"

 

"Do I look like I'm lying?" He snickers. "I tell you, that coma I had took everything from me and... I'm not the same person you used to know anymore." he additionally says.

 

"What?" Jun Sang got confused.

 

Yoona steps even closer and he leaned into his ear. "Let's just say, Kwon Yuri has his backup plan." He said and leaned out. 

 

Jun Sang send him a glare while clenching his eyes. He doesn't understand but he feels like he knows something but is just pretending he doesn't remember.  

 

"What's going on here?" A teacher suddenly announced that caused the student to return to their seats.

 

"Hyung, let's just return to our table." In Soo the smaller boy on Jun Sang's right grabs his friend's arm.

 

"We're not done talking yet." Jun Sang threatened before he yank his friend's arm he decided to turn and only took 5 steps when he heard Yuri's voice again.

 

"Don't forget to get me a new food of tray." 

 

"I-I got it." In Soo bowed and he hastily headed to the buffet. 

 

Yoona let out a sigh as he returned to his seat. 'Damn, that was cool.' He can't help and smile proudly at herself. But it didn't fail to make his heart beat fast.  He had no idea what's Yuri's beef with them but he doesn't want to back down with any fight. She was raised by her mother alone and taught to not give up in any situation she's in.

 

Insoo returned with the new set of food in a tray and he bowed so deep. "Please enjoy them."

 

"Wait, what's your name?" Yoona got curious since the young student isn't wearing their uniform.

 

"I'm Insoo." The latter bowed again before he hastily rushed to follow his friends.

 

'I bet he's a follower. Aigoo, poor him.' Taking his seat back, Yoona realized it was a different food. He sighs as he found shrimp that he's allergic to. "But wait, I'm in a different body, I doubt my allergies are still here, right?" He didn't hesitate and picked one of the shrimp to peel. "This must be... the first time." And he took a small bite first and waited for a couple of seconds when he didn't even feel any itchy. "I knew it!" he exclaimed. Excitedly he peel another and one and started enjoying it without any worry of getting an allergy attack. 

 

Unknown to him, someone is watching him close from the next table, wearing a female school uniform and a blue headband. 

 

***

 

Peeking her head out from the van's window, Taeyeon checked the surroundings first before she decided to wear her sunglasses and stepped out of the car hastily. She animatedly runs to the Chinese restaurant and asked the front desk about Junho's reserved table for them. She followed the lady and was led to the restaurant's private rooms. 

 

"What took you so long?" Junho chuckled as he saw who just came into the room.

 

"Do you think it's easy to get here?" She asked back as she took her seat across from him. 

 

"Oh yeah, you're a celebrity." Junho mentally reminds himself. "Anyway, why don't you order first."

 

"You haven't ordered?"

 

"I don't know your taste, Miss Ma'am. Go ahead and feel free to order."

 

Taeyeon scoffed but grabs the menu either way and just realized it was Chinese cuisine. "This... this... and this." She pointed at it while the waiter take notes. 

 

"Good and you didn't order only one."

 

"Why did you return?"

 

Junho coughs and laughs when he heard it. "You seriously have to ask me that, eh? I'm here to catch up with my favorite cousin, what are you talking about?"  

 

"I know but... I thought you love living overseas already?" Taeyeon casually picks up the glass of water and takes a sip of it. "And I thought-"

 

"I miss home... I'm sure you know that. But what happened to Yuri? Did he really lose his memory?"

 

"He's fine and I'm sure his memories will return soon, you don't have to worry." 

 

Junho slowly nodded. "Poor him. That accident must be hurt."

 

"Yeah, speaking of the accident, it happened after their finals. Kinda strange for him to meet that tragic accident."

 

"What was the truck driver thinking?"

 

Taeyeon raised his brows. "You know who caused the accident?"

 

"It was on the news, of course, I would know." Junho explained right away. "But he seems drunk, so yeah, it was unfortunate for Yuri to meet such fate."

 

"I see. I thought someone told you." She shrugged her shoulders and sighs as she recalls how confused Yuri was when she saw her after waking up from the coma.

 

"So that means... he won't have any interest yet in the hotel, right?"

 

"I knew you would mention that." She chuckled sarcastically. "Don't think it will take time, he will get interested in it, don't be impatient."

 

"You sound like you haven't heard your dongseng talking about it."

 

"Mind you, I have a big share with the hotel. So I have the right as well on who to appoint as the next heir." Taeyeon couldn't back down and he reminds her cousin. 

 

Junho got speechless. He grabs his glass of water as well and while drinking it, his heart beat nervously. 'Damn, I only have my father to back me up with this damn hotel.' he knew Taeyeon's influence is wide and might be a tough fight for him.

 

"Enjoy your meal, Miss." The waiter said after placing Taeyeon's order.

 

"I only have a few minutes left, so say whatever you want while I'm enjoying my lunch." Taeyeon smiled smugly before she took a bite of her noodles.

 

He scoffed sarcastically as he didn't mind and finished his own meal as well.

 

***

 

After looking around the campus, Yoona found Seohyun talking with a student in the hallway. He hastily hides behind a wall and peeks his head out and smiles automatically. Even though she looks serious talking with the student, her beauty is always there and he admires it from the distance, reminding her of the very first thing she sets her eyes on her.

 

Flashback...

 

'Yah, Im Yoona, hurry up there! We'll be late at this point!'

 

18 years old doe-eyed girl turned her head and smile at her friend. "After you!" She hastily grabs the pack of mint candy and took one to eat before she closes her locker and follows her friend when she trips and fell on the floor. She hastily gather her stuff when suddenly she heard footsteps from afar. Her head turns to her right and she finds a girl, with brunette bangs hair, wearing the PE uniform. Her beauty somehow radiates as she gets closer to her. Her lips parted as she stares in awe at her—but she only passes at her. However, she was able to smell that sweet lavender aroma from a young and fresh beauty. 

 

She turns her head to the other side and found her back slowly disappearing into the light. "I wonder who is she?" she softly utters.

 

A hit on her head snapped her back to reality which made her look up and quickly she bowed to their coach. 

 

"Go get into the court now before any rookie could get your spot."

 

"Yes, coach." She bowed and hastily grabs her bag as she runs out of the building.

 

End of flashback...

 

He snapped out of reality when the bell rang, indicating the lunch break to end. "Ugh." He groaned as he watches Seohyun walk away to the other side. He casually jogs back to the classroom.

 

***

 

It's her last class of the day, Seohyun is sitting at her desk in front of the class, keeping her eyes closed to each of them as they take their semestral exam in her subject. Everyone is focused on their papers but she can't take her eyes off of them, making sure no one's going to peek at their classmate's paper next to them. It's been an hour and she's only giving them an hour and a half. 

 

"Thirty minutes!" she announced loudly which made the students look at her in surprise and returned immediately to their papers.

 

Getting up, she started walking to every aisle and occasionally peeking at their papers. After thirty minutes, students started passing their papers to the front and will bow at her before leaving the classroom.

 

When everyone's out, She gathers her stuff and the papers when her phone chimes in her pouch bag. She casually fetches it out and reads a message from a younger friend.

 

Byeongkyu: Noona, I found Namjoon's home. I'm sending you the address.

 

After reading the message, Seohyun dropped her stuff and quickly stormed out of the classroom. 

 

"Coming through." She said as she tries her best not to bump into any students in the hallway. 

 

"Ms. Seo we have a meeting!"

 

One of the teachers she passes shot at her but she ignored it and keep her pace until she got out of the building, she runs fast as she could all the way to her scooter. She put on her helmet and turns on the engine before driving off hard. 

 

When she's safe on the highway, she fetches her phone and places it on the handle to begin her journey to the address, using a map address.

 

Moments later, she spotted her friend, waving his arm in the air so she could easily recognize him.

 

"Did you ring the bell?" She asked the moment she pulled the scooter in front of him.

 

"Don't think it would be a good idea, noona but I found him earlier at the bus stop so I followed him and saw him entering that old house." Byeongkyu explained as he help the older to take her helmet off. 

 

Seohyun stepped out of the scooter and followed his lead to the house he was talking about. She tiptoed as she tries to see through the walls but there was no one outside the house. "He's really been hiding." she sighs and tried to jump to the wall but she dropped back to the ground. "Give me a push." she signals to her friend before she takes a few steps back and then runs to the wall, Byeongkyu grabs her waist and pushes her up successfully. She jumped inside the compound, instantly looking around but found no one near. So she proceed to the house and as she knocks on the door, she heard a noise inside. "Namjoon-ssi, it's Seohyun! Can we have a talk?" she asked loudly but heard nothing anymore. So she tried to unlock it but it won't budge.

 

"Noona, he is escaping!" Byeongkyu shouted from the outside.

 

Quickly, Seohyun went back door and found Namjoon just jumped out of the wall. "Aish." She hastily follows him and found him running away and looked back at her. "Yah! comeback here!" she runs after the young tennis player. He's one of the male tennis club members and believes to be inside the building when the fire broke out. 

 

She chases him around the neighborhood for the next couple of minutes until he met a dead end, she didn't hesitate and gives him a kick on the chest, dropping him to the ground. Both of them are breathing heavily as they catch on their breath. 

 

"Why are you hiding from me?" she asked in between her heavy breathing.

 

Namjoon pulled himself up but remained sitting. "I'm not hiding from you, Seohyun-ssi." He replied, wiping the sweating on his forehead.

 

"Then... why did you... run away?" Seohyun asked back as she approach him and lowered herself. "Tell me honestly... what happened 5 months ago?" she seriously asked. 

 

"There was a fire." Namjoon shrugs his shoulders.

 

"I know damn it. I want to know who created that fire?" She got frustrated and grabbed him by his collar. "That incident took someone's life, Namjoon-ssi." she muttered, staring intensely into his eyes.

 

"I thought you saw the news? It was an accident, Seohyun-ssi."

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter