000

In wait
Please log in to read the full chapter

There was a festival outside the MagiBot Club's walls. It was a big one as the campus was celebrating their 15th anniversary. The bass from the speakers reached into the room like a series of hums. The noise it caused wasn't that bad, but since Dami had one of those days where her concentration was easily wrecked, she couldn't block off the noise like she'd usually do.

And the last attack completely breaking her focus was the sliding sound of the private room's entrance. All attempts in rewriting the program for her flying roach chip were thrown into the air along with the reflexes of hands swinging upward. Great. Just great.

"Pardon the intrusion?" The visitor saw Dami's frustrated gesture and was sure she was the cause of the short haired magitech lover. But she walked in anyway, two plastic containers of jjajangmyeon and a black plasticky box were placed on the nearest table. She made sure to avoid the blue prints, papers, books, clutter.

There was two seconds worth of awkward pause before Dami took a deep breath and released it along the lowering of her arms. Hands were pushed into her lab jacket, she turned in her chair and saw the ace of MagiArts club still in her red dancer dress, her long hair was temporarily dyed blonde and was gathered over her right shoulder. All annoyances were washed away upon seeing her. "I thought you're performing for the opening."

The visitor rolled her eyes in disbelief. "You're not wrong. I was performing eight hours ago." The baffled look on Dami's face, her slightly widened eyes followed by combing her hair backwards in regret was a sign that she had yet again lost in time. The visitor sighed and opened one of the plastic containers. She gave it to Dami along with a pair of disposable chopsticks.

The short hair accepted the food. "Thanks, Dongie-"

The dancer frowned and clicked her tongue when she noticed the dryness on Dami's lips. "Let me guess. You drink enough water today," Handong said sarcastically. She paced toward the drinking corner in the room and took a clean paper cup before getting the water in the dispenser.

Well, Dami didn't have any excuses. She stood up from her working chair, fixed her glasses, and moved to sit at a different table, away from the computer.

Low-key, she waited for Handong to give her water. Dami just realized how thirsty she was. 

After a soft thud from the paper cup, the short hair smiled at the dancer, both apologetically and gratefully. "What would I do without you, Princess?"

"Aish, I've told you to stop calling me that!" Handong snapped. The last person she wanted someone to address her with that title was Dami. "And seriously! You need to take care of yourself, Lee Dami. Eat lunch! Drink after a couple of hours! You are smart enough to know how bad your habits are for the long run."

Dami gulped the last drop from the cup and gave Handong an acknowledging nod. Truth be told, her mind wandered elsewhere in a split second before returning to reality as she broke off the wooden chopsticks into two. It was around the same time her eyes landed on the frowning dancer across the table.

"You're not going to eat?" Dami asked nonchalantly and was met with silence. The short hair knew what that meant and so she promised. "I will eat my lunch, and I will drink plenty of w

Please log in to read the full chapter