Heartbreak

Unrequited Love

Kyung Mi’s eyelids fluttered open, her senses slowly returning. The room was dimly lit, and the air carried the faint scent of coffee and old memories. She must have dozed off while contemplating the tangled threads of her heart.

“My poor Mimi,” Leeteuk’s voice reached her ears, warm and familiar.

“Should I bring her up to her apartment?” Eunhyuk’s concern was evident.

“Yah, Hyukjae. Since when do you have access to her apartment?” Heechul’s teasing tone cut through the air.

“I don’t.”

“Then how will you bring her up?”

Kyung Mi listened to their bickering, her mind still foggy. As she sat up, her eyes widened. Ten grown men were crammed into her small office, their presence both comforting and overwhelming.

“Why are you all in my office?!” she exclaimed, her voice echoing off the walls. “Seriously, guys. It’s not a big room.”

Leeteuk grinned sheepishly. “I was supposed to wake you up because your set is about to start. They sort of followed me.”

“Tsk.” Kyung Mi rolled her eyes and reached for her guitar. “Honestly, I know he’s the leader, but do you really need to follow him everywhere?”

As she surveyed the smiling faces, she noticed someone missing. “You’re missing a member.”

“He’s running late.”

“Who’s running late?” A cool voice interrupted from behind Kangin. “We’ve been here for the past five minutes.”

“We?” Kyung Mi asked, her gaze shifting to Yesung, who stood there with a girl by his side.

“I want you all to meet my girlfriend.” Yesung’s smile was both proud and nervous.

“Annyeonghasibnikka. Byun Min Jee imnida,” the girl greeted, her eyes curious and kind.

Kyung Mi stood frozen, her heart pounding. Leeteuk and Heechul stepped forward, greeting the girl. Eunhyuk remained by her side, holding her hand tightly.

“Are you okay?” he whispered.

“N-No. I-I need to go.” Kyung Mi bit her lip. “Can you ask Soo-Oppa to look after the cafe for a bit?”

“I’ll go with you.”

“But—”

“Hyungs!” Eunhyuk called the others’ attention. “Berry and I need to go. Emergency.”

Leeteuk nodded. “Ko! I’ll take it from here.”

Eunhyuk led her out of the cafe, grabbing her jacket. They drove away, escaping the whirlwind of emotions. “Where do you want to go?” he asked gently.

“Anywhere but here,” she whispered.


The walls of SME’s practice room seemed to absorb their shared pain. Kyung Mi leaned against Eunhyuk’s shoulder, both seeking solace. They had driven aimlessly, seeking refuge in this unexpected sanctuary.

“I’m sorry,” Eunhyuk murmured.

“Pabo,” Kyung Mi laughed, her tears threatening to spill. “Why apologize? It’s not like you knew he was dating. Heck, I didn’t even know.”

“Maybe it’s just a fling?”

Kyung Mi shook her head. “C’mon, Hyukkie. Has he ever introduced a girlfriend to you guys before?”

“Well, no.”

“See? He’s serious enough that he wanted it to be official. To your group, at least.” She sighed. “I’m so stupid.”

Eunhyuk held her tightly, and her tears flowed freely. “You’re not stupid,” he insisted.

“Yes, I am. I’m so stupid to feel this way, even though we’re not together. I’m so stupid to think that he feels the same way.”

“You’re a beautiful, wonderful, caring, and loving human being,” Eunhyuk whispered. “He’s the stupid one for not seeing the person standing in front of him.”

They clung to each other, sharing their brokenness. When Kyung Mi’s sobs subsided, she fell asleep in Eunhyuk’s arms, still clutching his shirt.

“You’re not stupid, Kyung Mi,” he murmured, pressing a kiss to her forehead. The mirrors reflected their intertwined forms, a silent testament to their shared pain and fragile hope.

And in that quiet room, they found solace in each other’s brokenness, whispering secrets to the mirrors that held their reflections.