Sign

Sign

Everyone in their circle of friends knows that there’s something between Jinki and Kibum except them two. They always act like they are just friends but from the way they look at each other to the way they treat each other proves there’s something more than friendship between those two.

 

Actually, it’s kinda hilarious to those watching them from afar. Their flustered faces when their friends tease them never failed to lighten the mood.

 

Like one of those times when they spent the time together just chilling in Taemin’s apartment. The four of them have come early to the apartment while Jinki still has another thing to do. But the moment he showed up, his attention immediately went to Kibum.

 

“Are you sick?” he asked while putting his hand on Kibum's forehead.

 

“Huh? No? Why did you think so?” Kibum playfully swatted the other hand, embarrassed by the affection.

 

“Your face looks paler and your chin is redder than usual.” Jinki said casually while making himself comfortable on the sofa.

 

Taemin, Minho and Jonghyun couldn’t help but look at each other, face ready to tease their friend.

 

“Uuh, how sweet it is that Jinki hyung is the only one that noticed it while we literally spent this afternoon with Kibum and didn’t notice anything wrong.” Jonghyun said teasingly. He could see Kibum’s ear starting to turn bright red. It’s always fun to tease them.

 

“That, my friend, means you three do not care enough.”

 

“Oh and you care a lot about Kibum, right hyung?” Taemin butted in but instantly got slapped by Kibum.

 

“Yah! I’m just stating the facts! Why did you hit me, hyung?”

 

“You twisted his words, Taem! Don’t make up things! Now, let’s just play the movie. Stop with this nonsense.”

 

Taemin reluctantly puts the DVD into the DVD Player while muttering ‘bully’ to Kibum.

 

Jinki just looked at Kibum attentively, curiosity clear in his face.

 

*

“Hyung, may I ask you something? What’s Kibum exactly for you?” It was a sunny day when Jonghyun finally gathered his courage to address Jinki and Kibum's relationship. They spend their time together watching Minho’s soccer practice while Kibum and Taemin finish their dance class.

 

Jinki look surprised by the question but quickly grinning widely,

“Why did you ask, Jong? Are you implying something?”

 

“No, I'm just worried about Kibum.” Jonghyun said straightforwardly. He turn his body to face Jinki,

 

“Listen hyung, I have known Kibum for a long time. I know that when he fall in love, he tends to do something stupid, how he would give it all to his lover and how he would hide his feeling just so it wouldn’t bother them, eventhough it means that he is hurting alone.

 

I’ve seen him being heartbroken and it pained me. A lot. I know that you don’t have ill intentions toward him, you are the nicest person I have ever met, hyung. But please, stop giving him false hope if you only see him as a friend…”

 

Jinki looked like he tried to say something but no word came, so Jonghyun continued his rant.

 

“You know, I like how our relationship is going hyung. You, I and the other three. You are like a family to me and I hold you dearly. Whatever you two decide to be, I will always support you. I believe Minho and Taemin would do too. Even if your feelings for Kibum are not the same as his feelings, we would…”

 

“What do you mean?” Jinki suddenly interrupted Jonghyun’s rant.

 

“Ng?”

 

“What do you mean by his feelings? Kibum’s feeling?”

 

“Huh? Isn't it clear, hyung? He likes you! You don’t realise it?”

 

Jinki’s confused look is enough to make Jonghyun stare at him in disbelief.

 

“You don’t know that he likes you, hyung? After what he’s done for you?”

 

“I… I think that he.. I think that he’s just friendly..”

 

“Friendly my , Kibum never do friendly, hyung. So back to the topic, that’s why I would ask you to stop giving him false hope. Stop treating him like your feelings are mutual to him. Stop showering him with affection… stop prio…”

 

“I won’t.” Jinki once again cuts Jonghyun’s rant.

 

“I won’t stop, Jong. Why should I while our feelings are indeed mutual?”

 

Jonghyun looks taken aback by Jinki’s comment, but once he is recovering from the initial shock, he hits Jinki’s shoulder.

 

“Then, tell it to him! Why haven’t you… unless… You are afraid that he will reject your confession?”

Jinki gave a little nod and focused on watching Minho instead. Jonghyun just laughing excitedly while patting his shoulder,

 

“Don’t be afraid, Kibum will be ecstatic when you tell him that you like him, hyung!”

 

*

“Ya! Stop drooling over Jinki’s photo!” Minho told Kibum when he see his friend looking at Jinki’s recent instagram post.

 

“I’m not! And you are a !” 

 

“Thank you for the compliment. Where’s Taemin?”

 

“In the bathroom. Why did you come here? Don't you have soccer practice?”

 

“Just finished. Jinki and Jonghyun hyung will also come here soon, so stop drooling.”

 

Kibum slaps Minho’s arm and pouts.

 

“I wish I could look at his face instead of this stupid post.”

 

“You are really whipped for him, Bum. Why don’t you just tell him? That way, you could get your answer. Don’t live on your own, what ifs scenario you know.”
 

“I can’t, ming. I didn’t want to ruin our friendship. He obviously isn’t attracted to me, if he rejects me we would become awkward and it could impact our friendship! I’m not taking that risk, no.”

 

Minho exhaled slowly, tired of his friend foolness.

 

“You must be blinded by your love that you can’t see that Jinki hyung also has feelings for you.”

 

“Don’t make me hope for something that wouldn’t happen.”

 

“Yah! Can’t you see how he is being very affectionate to you? I have never seen him cry but when you’ve got into an accident he is a crying mess you know? He waits outside the ER until you are awake!”

 

“Liar! I didn't even meet him that day. He didn’t even visit me when I’m at the hospital.”

 

Minho shakes his head with so much disbelief. True that Jinki didn’t visit Kibum and he also won’t come to the ER to see Kibum, but it’s more because Jinki would burst into tears when he sees Kibum in the hospital bed.

 

“You really are stupid, bummie.”

 

And Minho got another slap on his arm for the comment.

 

*

 

It was a hectic day for Jinki because he needed to finish the assignment given by his professor and the due date is today. Thus he gets rid of all of the potential disruption and focuses on his assignment. The sky had turned dark when he finished the assignment and sent it to his professor. He immediately checked his phone and found that Kibum had been messaging and calling him for a lot of time. Worried and curious, he calls Kibum back and waits for Kibum to answer the phone. After a few minutes the call is directed to the voicemail. Kibum has rejected his call. Feeling uneasy, Jinki grabs his coat and proceeds to leave his dorm and walk to Kibum’s room.

 

Jinki knocks on Kibum’s door for some time but Kibum either is not at his room or trying to avoid Jinki. Jinki quickly calls Jonghyun to ask about Kibum whereabout but before Jonghyun could answer the call, Kibum is standing in the hallway looking like a mess with his unruly hair and puffy face. Jinki let out a relieved sigh, walking closer to Kibum.

 

“What do you do here?” Kibum asked with a hoarse voice.

 

“Are you crying? Bam, what’s happened? You are not picking up your phone, I thought something happened to you.”

 

“I’m okay.”

 

“Let’s talk inside, okay? You're clearly far from okay, bam.”

 

Kibum didn’t answer but he started to unlock his dorm room and let Jinki inside.

 

“What happened? Where are you from, Bam?” Jinki asked worriedly. Kibum hasn’t talk to him since they’re entering his apartment.

 

Kibum just shrugged his shoulders and proceeded to pour orange juice into the glass. He shoved the glass to Jinki.

 

“Here, just do whatever, I don’t care. I want to get some rest.”

 

Jinki is bewildered. Kibum never did this kind of action to him.

 

“Bam, what did I do wrong?” Jinki finally catches up with the whole situation. Kibum is upset and he is at fault for that.

 

“Nothing. I just want to get some rest.” 

 

Jinki catches his wrist to stop Kibum from going to his bedroom. Jinki didn’t know what he did wrong but he knows for sure if he didn’t solve this problem right now, Kibum would definitely be more upset.

 

“Talk to me.” Kibum looks taken aback by Jinki’s seriousness. He didn’t want to deal with this now and even though Jinki is persistent, Kibum would only stand still, sulking.

 

“Hey, Bammie… please? If you didn’t say what I did wrong, how could I make things better?” Jinki’s voice softened looking at sulking Kibum. He touched Kibum’s chin and brought it upward so Kibum would look into Jinki’s eyes.

 

“I hate you.” Kibum murmurs but Jinki could still hear the word.

 

“Eh? Why suddenly?”

 

“You make me worried, you know? You didn’t reply to my message nor pick up my call! I thought something bad happened to you! You could tell me to stop bothering you instead of ignoring me! I would stop, you know. I won’t bother you ever again!” Kibum’s face became more red as he said each word.

 

Jinki finally came into realisation. Kibum is worried about his well-being and it makes his heart swell with happiness and without thinking twice, he brings Kibum to his embrace.

 

“God, you are so cute!” Kibum smells like vanilla and Jinki is drunk with his smell so he kisses Kibum’s forehead and smiles happily.

 

Kibum is stiff in his embrace, trying to process what happened right now.

 

“Hyung.. hyung what did you do?”

 

“Yah, be mine! Be my boyfriend, Bammie. I can’t hold it anymore. I love you, and have been in love with you for a long time.”

 

No words come from Kibum, so Jinki looks down to see his face. Kibum is visibly red from his face to his ears and also his neck.

 

“Hey, I'm just confessing my feelings to you, Bam! Say something… please? Would you want to be my boyfriend?”

 

Kibum didn’t say anything, instead he held Jinki tightly and nodded his head. Jinki grinning widely.

 

“I love you, Bam.”

 

“I love you too, hyung.”