Fin

99 Times I Swear To Not Fall & 100 Times You Make Me Fall
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

Her head is spinning, hammering. Not trying to be dramatic but she feels like dying. Like her head is about to split into two. Whenever she opens her eyes, the world seems spinning hard. 

 

Beads of cold sweat are pooling on her forehead and neck, yet she can tell that her body is hot, burning. Minjeong is down with fever. A real bad one. 

 

Living alone in a big city like Seoul, when all of her family is in Yangsan, makes her to suffer alone like this. She has no one to take care of her when she is sick like now. Poor her. 

 

Well.. Actually she has someone. 

 

A very dear friend of her that she first met here in Seoul when she was a freshie as they attend the same university. Different major, but brought together by fate because they both love to dance. 

 

Fast forward to 2 years later and Minjeong is now the vice president of the dance club, while her dear friend, Jimin is the name by the way, is a senior of her who is also the president of that dance club. 

 

The duo is loved, adored and respected by many, especially their club members because of their dancing skill, ethereal visual, leadership and friendliness. They befriended literally everyone, but only keep each other the closest. Vowing their truest loyalty just to one and another. 

 

They can be sickeningly sweet like that while managing to always bicker and argue like an old married couple on a daily basis. 

 

But anyway, back to the dying Minjeong situation in the present time and her strong resolution to not sending SOS to Jimin, her beloved dear friend is because, 

 

One, Minjeong doesn’t want to disturb Jimin’s resting time and peaceful weekend. The older girl barely got a proper sleep in the past weeks due to her hellish class projects. Minjeong wants Jimin to have her deserve-badly needed good rest. Because Minjeong, more than anyone else, knows the best how exhausted Jimin is. 

 

Second, Minjeong doesn’t want to be too dependable on the older girl. (Pshh, the truth is she already is!)

 

She wants to prove (to who actually? There’s no one but herself that desperately needs that validation) that she can do anything on her own. She doesn’t always need Jimin. 

 

Three, she wants to stop falling for Jimin. It’s hard if the said girl is always around. So she tries to keep Jimin not around. Just Minjeong and her weird logic. 

 

So with all of those mentioned reasons above, Minjeong decided to just shut her eyes and pull her blanket higher, in hope to get more sleep so she doesn’t have to deal with the ache all over her body. 

 

Her eyelids are getting heavier. And she thinks she did go to her slumberland for a moment there. (By saying a moment, it was 30 minutes)

 

But then suddenly she gets jolted awake when she hears her phone rings loudly. With a familiar ringtone she sets only for a certain someone. 

 

Minjeong groans painfully as she tries to blindly search for her phone somewhere on the nightstand beside her bed. Even a small movement hurts. 

 

Once she grabs the ringing device in her hand, she recklessly swipe the phone screen to answer the call. Clearing her burning throat once before greet the caller with her raspy-hoarse voice. 

 

“H—“ But the caller didn’t even let her finish. 

 

“Why it takes so long to answer my call? Are you cheating on me, Kim Minjeong?!”

 

“H-hello to you too.” Minjeong weakly squeaks out and then coughing again. 

 

“Minjeong? Yah, what’s wrong with your voice?? Are you okay?? Are you sick??” The person’s voice changed in instant. From sounded angry to worry.

 

“I’m not that okay, mother. In fact I think I’m dying. *cough cough*”

 

“What the hell, Kim Minjeong?! You’re really that sick and you didn’t tell me?!” The person starts to nag, sounded angry again now. 

 

“Unnie.. Jimin unnie. Stop screaming, please. You only worsen my headache.” Minjeong sighs. 

 

“Serves you right. You should have called me!”

 

“Well.. sorry. It slipped my mind.” Minjeong lies. “Like I said, I’m dying. I can’t really think clearly right now. So I’ll talk to you later if I make it out alive, okay? Wish me luck. Bye. I love you, Jiminie. If I die, let’s meet each other again in our next life and have a better, happier ending.” Minjeong said in a light-joking manner. But Heaven knows how dead serious she is. How she really mean each and every word that she seems to uttered out so lightly just now. 

 

“Stop talking nonsense, you moron. I’ll be there in 15 minutes. And I’ll kill you with my own hands later so don’t die just yet. Or I’ll haunt you even in the afterworld.” 

 

With that Jimin hang up the phone. 

 

Minjeong looks at her phone screen and smiles. 

 

The thing is.. Jimin always cares deeply about her. Just like how Minjeong cares for the older a lot. But Minjeong being a stubborn kid she is, refuse to just embrace her profound feeling for Jimin. She just keeps on resisting it. 

 

She strongly believes Jimin would never look at her in the same way anyway. Jimin cares for Minjeong as a good friend, like an older sister. Nothing more, nothing less. 

 

So Minjeong should be able to do the same, she told herself that over and over again like a mantra. 

 

***

 

It’s a bit too late when realization finally hits her. 

 

Earlier on phone, Jimin said she’ll be there in 15 minutes. 

 

That can’t be possible. 

 

Normally it would takes around 30 minutes to drive from Jimin’s apartment to Minjeong’s. 

 

Not because of the distance, but because of the speed of Jimin’s car. 

 

Not because of Jimin’s car is an old car that can’t speed up. But because Jimin is such a granny when she drives. She’s always overly-cautious, scared to speed up.

 

So when Jimin kn

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter