if you'll have me

if you'll have me

Kyuhyun is nervous.

He's so freaking nervous he can feel his heart walloping. He's so nervous he feels weak-hearted, nauseous — he can only pray that he does not throw up midst proposal. That would be terrible, and he will undoubtedly, definitely cry. And the love of his life will realise how ugly he looks when he cries and leaves him for someone who can cry prettily.

"Stop fidgeting, would you? It's just a proposal."

Kyuhyun gasps, whirls around, bewildered and aghast. Hyukjae deadpans. "Just a proposal?" He screeches, "JUST A PROPOSAL?" He jumps up from his seat on the couch and starts pacing up and down the room. "Oh my god, this is my future we are talking about. My future with Jongwoon, our future. What if he says no? I will die, I will really die. I will cry myself a river!"

"ing drama queen."

"Yah, yah. You should be glad I invited you to share my pain, anchovy." 

The phone in Kyuhyun's hand vibrates, he looks down and gasps, again.

 

". He's reaching! Jongwoon's only three blocks away! I'm going to die. Death is upon me. Take me, goddess of death!"

"Okay, what the . Why did I agree to this? Listen, I'm leaving now so that you can get yourself settled down for the proposal. I'm sure he's going to say yes. Even though I don't understand how anyone can put up with you for a lifetime, Jongwoon hyung is going to say yes. He loves you and you love him too. You planned this with hyung in mind. It's kinda cheesy how romantic you can actually get, I didn't know you had this in you, Cho Kyuhyun. You guys have been together for 12 years, for 's sake. Everything is going to be fine, Kyu."

There was a pregnant pause, then: " man, you sound so genuine. It makes me want to fall in love with you."

Hyukjae is speechless. He leaves with the door slamming shut after him. Kyuhyun takes the chance to bask in the momentary silence to calm his nerves before his lover of more than a decade reaches the dorm.

He sinks into the comfort of the couch and looks up at the ceiling, his mind whirling in a mixture of happiness, anxiety and excitement. He thinks about his future with Jongwoon — when does he not? — he pictures them doing the same things they do now, except, with more love and a silver ring on each of their ring fingers. He imagines them in the kitchen, giddy with happiness after getting flour all over each other. And when he pulls his beloved hyung in, the bands on their fingers would clink and he would kiss him hard amidst the mess that they are in. He desperately hopes Jongwoon says yes, because dear lord, Jongwoon is everything he has ever wanted and he just wants to be with him for eternity.

There's a light tap on the door which breaks Kyuhyun out of his reverie. He knows it must be Jongwoon, only he would be careful enough to stay quiet when he comes over since he knew how he hates to be disturbed while practising for his musicals.

He reaches the door, with half a mind wanting to just ask Jongwoon the question right there, at the doorstep, so he does not have to suffer in anxiety for the next ten minutes, but he knows Jongwoon deserves something better, he deserves everything in the world.

He opens the door and Jongwoon peeks in. He's so pretty. Oh god. His adorable hyung smiles brightly at the sight of Kyuhyun, "Hey, I'm not disturbing you, right?"

Kyuhyun smiles back, any nervousness melting to the back of his mind with Jongwoon's warm presence in the room now. Jongwoon always has that effect on him. "Yeah, no. I did ask you to come over, didn't I? I made food for us."

"Really? What did you make? I missed your cooking, we've been eating out too much lately." Jongwoon takes off his coat before making his way to the kitchen.

"Uh. I made something new, actually. I hope you'll like it." Kyuhyun answers tentatively, unusually shy.

"You know I'll love anything you make."

Kyuhyun groans. And all this while he has been trying so hard to refrain his body from just dropping onto one knee and ask the big question, but it only takes a sweet sentence like this from Jongwoon for all his control to evaporate, fancy dinner and elaborate speeches forgotten.

He's so in love and he's so happy that he is.

"Hyung."

"Yeah, Kyu—"

He drops to his knee and pulls out the ring from the pocket of his jeans. Everything seems to be happening in slow motion, a blur. He doesn't even remember asking the question, or his nervous but adoring ramble about how much he wants Jongwoon to be by his side for the rest of his life — his hyung who has put up with all his tantrums and bull, his hyung who listens to him attentively whenever he feels so damn tired from being an idol, his hyung who showers him with so much love and warmth he feels like a tiny being in the face of a love so overwhelming. It feels like an out of body experience, almost. Is this normal? When he comes back to himself, he realises he's no longer kneeling. He can only feel Jongwoon's warm body against his, a pair of arms around his neck and husky, yet happy giggles right beside his ear.

"You said yes?" Disbelief, he's in disbelief, how did everything just happen? What did he even say for Jongwoon to say yes? What did he do in his previous lifetime to deserve this happiness?

He didn't know it was possible, but Jongwoon's giggling turns even happier and Kyuhyun's heart soars and melts at the same time.

"Of course, of course I said yes. There's nobody else for me but you. I love you, Kyuhyun ah."

Kyuhyun hugs his lover even closer, wanting nothing more than to stay like this forever, to be with Jongwoon - so happy and so in love.

 


 


"I love you. I love you so, so much, Jongwoon hyung." Kyuhyun takes a deep breath, he feels like he's going to burst into tears any minute at the overwhelming love and adoration he has for the man in front of him. "We've been together for so long, and for so long, I was happy with life. You look at me like I'm your everything, and some days, I have no idea what to do with all the love I have for you. You are the only person I will admire forever, hyung. I want to continue to wake up to your beautiful, adorable face every morning, so — if you'll have me, I want the rest of my life to be spent with you. Will you, please marry me? Like, please."