THE ENDING OF THE GREAT BEGINNING

THE STORY OF A SENJU

 ‘They’re hot on my tail. How the hell I’m going to fight at the same time holding an infant?’  thought one Tobirama Senju while looking at the said infant in his hand. The infant just laughed as if understood what was going on Tobirama’s mind.  

Tobirama was running from the Kinkaku and Ginkaku Force. Or to be more specific, he baited them from chasing the future Hokage and the team reaching Konoha safely. What a selfless idiot he was. As if trying to be a martyr.  

There was a war going on between the Five Great Shinobi Countries. The cause was countries and their hidden villages taking resources from other countries and hidden villages. Simple as that. Hashirama’s hope of peace was gone by now with his dead body. 

 ‘What I’m going to do now? In this state, I’ll seriously die. My chakra is at their limit.’ Looking at the now sleeping infant in his hand, Tobirama can’t help but feel hopeless when he can do nothing to save the life of the infant that was not even a week old.  

‘What am I thinking? Of course, there’s a way I can help this kid out alive. I am second Hokage for kami’s sake.’ He stopped and crouched down to feel chakra from his surroundings. He was a master at sensing chakra signature thanks to his superiority over chakra control.  

The forest was quiet. Not so quiet because a quiet forest was a dangerous forest. Tobirama was alone with the infant since Kinkaku and Ginkaku Force were still far away. But it’ll only take a matter of time until they reach Tobirama.  

‘It’s okay. There was more than enough time. I should be quick.’ Whatever went on tobirama’s mind was anything but good. He put the still sleeping infant in the middle of a drawing that looked suspiciously like a seal. He remembered his brother's warning about the seal a long time ago.  

FLASHBACK 

“I’m sorry Tobirama. But I need you to stop experimenting with that seal of yours.” stated his brother seriously. He was about to retort when Hashirama continued, “That seal will create a paradox in time. Who knows what the worst can happen after that? I know you know this too. You are a lot smarter than this, Tobirama.” With that, Hashirama left him alone in the study. Tobirama just stood there dumbfounded.  

END OF THE FLASHBACK 

‘I’m sorry Aniki. But this is all I could think of to save him.’ He sent a silent apology to his brother in heaven. He then brought out a piece of paper and wrote something on it with the same brush he used to draw the seal earlier. After he finished, he put the paper and a blue diamond necklace that his late wife once owned down and slipped them under the blanket that protects the infant.   

He brought his hand together in ram motion and whispered  

“sarani jikan fuuin”  

The seal glowed in blinding blue light cause Tobirama to shut his eyes. After the light went off, Tobirama opened his eyes expecting nothing else than being left alone in the forest. The infant in front of him was gone and replaced with a flying leaf.  

He smiled sadly, ‘I can only hope for the best for you. Even though I don’t know where you are right now, I know that one day you will become a great shinobi just like me, your mother, and your uncle. Never lose hope. The only thing I regret though of not being able to see you grow up to a fine young man.’  

He breath out hard. The seal was really taking a hold of him.  

He had no time to waste though. His attackers were almost there. He needs to run and find a place where he can rest and gather his chakra back.  

SOMEWHERE IN THE SAME FOREST 

“Oi Ginkaku, can you sense him yet?” asked Kinkaku. While he was superior to Ginkaku, he knew better who a true master in the field of sensing was. He respected his brother because of that. “No. Not yet. But there’s a burst of chakra 5 meters ahead. But I can't sense him anywhere.” Replied Ginkaku much to his brother’s chagrin.

They arrived at Tobirama’s place before but found nothing other than a brush on the ground. “Ah, Where the hell is he going?!” asked Kinkaku frustrated. “Don’t worry, he’s not far from here. Besides, the brush is still wet.” Ginkaku holding up the said brush and showed it to his brother. Before Kinkaku could say anything, he continued, “We better be faster. We don’t want to lose him and face the Raikage’s wrath”. Kinkaku shivered at that. 

They arrived at a clearing to see Tobirama was waiting for them. “What took you so long to come here? I almost thought you will flee.” mocked Tobirama with a smirk. “I’m sorry to keep you waiting, old man. Don’t know you are that eager to meet your late wife.” countered Ginkaku. “Enough the talking. We come here to kill you, Tobirama Senju!” Stated Kinkaku angrily. “Oh, you’re right. As if I don’t already know that.” replied Tobirama. You can clearly hear sarcasm there. 

The fight begins. Tobirama was surrounded by 10 jounin, Kinkaku and Ginkaku. If he was a regular shinobi, he would be dead the second the fight began. But he was a Hokage for Kami’s sake. These flies can do nothing to hurt him, let alone kill him. ‘First, I need to take out the flies away. They will just get in the way’  

“Kage Bunshin no Jutsu” 3 clones of himself appear out of thin air. ‘Fight numbers with numbers’. As if knowing the plan formed in their owner’s mind, 2 of the clones dispatched to take down the flies. The real Tobirama and a clone will be fighting Kinkaku and Ginkaku.  

Kinkaku and Ginkaku were already waiting for him in a new form. There was an orange chakra surrounding their body. From his experience dealing with his late sister-in-law, Mito Uzumaki, he could tell from just seeing the form that, that was Kyubi’s chakra. “So, it is true that only you two are insane enough to eat Kyubi’s chakra” stated Tobirama. His eyes betray nothing other than disgust. 

Tobirama charged at Kinkaku while the other clone fought Ginkaku.  

MEANWHILE, THE OTHER TIMELINE. 

 “Uwerk uwerk uwerk” The sound of a baby crying was heard by Konoha rescue team. They looked around for any sign of the baby. “We found another survivor” claimed the leader while he picked the baby up. His team was assigned to clean up the battlefield for any sign of survivor. Why did you ask? The village has been under attack by the Nine-tails Beast, Kyubi. Half of the village had burned to ashes. Their beloved hokage was also dead sacrificing his life for the village. It was a great loss. 

 The leader brought the newfound baby to the hospital for further checkup. The baby was put together with the other child that lost their parents during the Kyubi attack to be put in the orphanage after everything was settled down. “What is his name?” asked a nurse that looked after the baby. He silenced for a second before answering the question, “Aoi Ken, we found a paper stated that, that is his name.” “Oh, alright. You can go now. Thanks for the hard work” He just nodded and excused himself to continue his work.  

 The nurse put the baby down beside a cat like mark whisker baby blond. The name of the blond is Uzumaki Naruto or so the Third Hokage told her. The newfound baby had silvery grey hair and two red markings on each cheek. ‘What a weird trait they’re coming after their parents. Children nowadays are scary.’ The nurse shivered at the thought. She settled the babies down to sleep. 

 There will be a harsh day for the two when they open their eyes. Especially for the blond kid.