I think you are cute

I think you are cute
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

It was a typical day in Knowing Brother's studio when they welcomed another guest star on the show. This time a new girl group with six members (G)-IDLE, visited Knowing Brothers to promote their debut album, LATATA. It was their first famous variety show since Knowing Brothers had many audiences in South Korea. 

(G)-IDLE members include Miyeon, Minnie, Soojin, Soyeon, Yuqi, and Shuhua. Lead by Soyeon, (G)-IDLE proved themself as talented artists. Despite being a rookie, (G)-IDLE could win their first music show on The Show after 20 days of their debut. This achievement made them one of the Monster Rookie in KPop.

Being a crackhead team, Knowing Brothers' members joked around and welcomed them warmly. The brothers noticed that (G)-IDLE members seemed nervous, although it was expected since they haven't appeared much in the variety shows. They were talking casually while occasionally teasing each other when Kang Ho Dong, one of the seniors, decided it was the perfect time to spice things up. 

The man noticed how a particular guest member took a liking for one specific girl. He decided to drop the unexpected bomb on the guest star.

"Zico kept talking about Soyeon in the waiting room." He pointed at his team member shamelessly while Zico's eyes got widened. 

He was being thrown on the spot, which caught the rapper off guard. However, with his confident personality, Zico decided to play it cool and act like it was another joking routine of theirs. After all, he has an image to maintain. "I think Soyeon is cute."

(G)-IDLE members were shocked due to the unexpected conversation. They were saying 'owww' in chorus while the girl blushed furiously. Soyeon, the main topic in the discussion, became awkward. It was so unexpected for her to encounter this situation. She didn't have suitors in the past, so this flirting made her awkward. It became worse when this man blatantly flirted with her on the shooting set while they were filming for a reality show.

The tiny leader of (G)-IDLE felt nervous. If it was Miyeon, she knew the oldest could take a joke and flirt back. However, she was introverted and a shy girl. It was not easy to overcome this situation. 

After a few seconds, she calmed down and decided to play along to make it more interesting. "Wait, hold on a minute. Zico sunbaenim, do you have a girlfriend?" The browned-haired girl planned to save herself from embarrassment by firing back.

However, Zico didn't stop his advance and flirted more. He was good with this wordplay since he was a rapper. "Would it be alright to go out with you?" He said with a cheeky grin. Upon hearing that, a scream exploded in the studio.

Being the chaotic girl group, (G)-IDLE members jumped with overreaction. They didn't expect to hear such a bold confession from their senior, especially when their precious leader was being asked for a date like that. Miyeon, being the oldest, could help herself by being overprotective of Soyeon and watching Zico with warning eyes. Despite Soyeon being their leader, she was still her dongsaeng. 

Miyeon's behavior was mirrored by Shuhua, who didn't take a joke and glared at the poor rapper. Even though she was a maknae of the group, Shuhua always felt the need to protect her leader. She adored Soyeon so much that she didn't want any harm to the other. 

"Oh my God." 

Minnie closed . She was shocked by this situation, although her eyes showed some amusement. Opposite of Miyeon and Shuhua's reaction, Minnie enjoyed this so much. Meanwhile, Soojin kept silent as usual, and unexpectedly same with Yuqi. 

Kang Ho Dong decided to excite the show. Being a natural jokester himself, he dragged his junior to Soyeon. 

"You should shake hands with her!" 

After being forced by peer pressure, a shy Zico proceeds to shake hands with Soyeon. However, he could not even look into her eyes while handshaking because of his shyness.

"Congratulations!" His other team member congratulated him for being man up on the show.

"Today is the first day of your relationship!" Kang Ho Dong declared openly.

"You do this every week!" Shouted another one. 

Amidst the chaos, there was one person who faked her happy expression. Sure her face might be smiling upon the joke. However, her eyes were not happy at all. Her eyes stared coldly at Zico. Even after the rapper returned to his seat, she would not stop staring hard.

From the corner of her eyes, Soyeon finally realized that one person had been acting strange since the confession started. Even when Miyeon was between her, she could see through the person's expression like an open book. Soyeon knew there was something wrong with her.

At the backstage, Zico, being the womanizer he was, decided to try his luck by getting closer to Soyeon. He came to her bravely and asked for her number.

"Ah, Soyeon. I'm so sorry that Kang Ho Dong teased me during the show. I didn't want to make it awkward, so I played. I'm sorry if it makes you uncomfortable." Zico apologized sincerely.

Soyeon being a respectful junior, bowed 90 degrees. "It's okay, Zico sunbaenim. I know it's just for the show."

"Ah, you are so kind, Soyeon. Oh, by the way, call me Oppa. You know sunbaenim makes me feel old."

The tiny girl chuckled slightly. "Alright, Zico Oppa."

"I enjoyed today's shooting. (G)-IDLE members are exciting people. Your album is also good!" Zico's eyes shone with enthusiasm. "I love LATATA a lot. It was a well-written masterpiece."

Upon hearing the compliment, Soyeon blushed shyly. Sure, she wasn't used to hearing people compliment her work, so receiving a lot of praise embarrassed her. "Ah, thank you."

"I'm looking forward to your next performance." He praised her member while smiling at her.

Soyeon smiled upon hearing his continuous praise. "Ah, thank you for the compliment, Oppa. To hear some praise from you, I feel honored. Sure we will work hard."

"Maybe it's a little embarrassing, but I am one of your fans." Zico brought a (G)-IDLE debut album and gazed at her with a blushing face. "Maybe I can ask for your signature?"

In reality, Zico knew that (G)-IDLE would participate in this show and come prepared. Being a guest of Knowing Brothers for quite some time, temporarily replacing Heechul, has its perks.

 Realizing that her senior had her album, Soyeon's eyes

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter