Earned Happy Ending

Too Precious To Leave Alone (Dahyun x J-Line)

Dahyun and Minju were just playing their toys peacefully when the doorbell rang.

"I'll get it!" Mina says, rushing over and opening the door.

"Oh?" Mina blinks. "Chaeyeon-ah? Chaeryeong-ah? This is a pleasant surprise." 

The sisters Chaeyeon and Chaeryeong are good friends of theirs, especially Momo, who met them first in a dance camp back in their teens.

"Hi, Mina-unnie! We just came back from a family trip, and brought some gifts!" Chaeryeong greets cheerfully. "Where's Momo-unnie and Sana-unnie?"

"At work. Thank God it's my day off. Someone has to watch over the little ones."

"Little ones?" Chaeyeon wondered out loud. The sisters then noticed the hybrids' presence, who were looking at them with big, curious eyes.

"Oh my God... hello, you precious little babies!" Chaeyeon cooed, hugging them. Minju let out a little chitter and Dahyun meowed as she melted in the embrace.

"The cat is Dahyun and the fennec fox is Minju."

"Awww... they're so precious..." Chaeryeong says, she and her older sister then continued cooing and petting the hybrids. She then noticed Minju had no collar, but Dahyun did. A white one with pink and red hearts.

Mina noticed Chaeryeong's questioning face. "Ah... we're looking for owners for Minju. She's a sweet little angel, but I believe that there's someone else who's meant to be her owner. Also, apparently our place has a thing against everyone having more than one hybrid for some reason, probably because the landlord thinks one hybrid is already loud." Mina explained. She then cringed, as if recalling something bad. "It has been hell hiding her from every single staff in this building."

The two sisters nodded in understanding. 

Chaeyeon's eyes light up. "I think I can take the little angel."

"What?!" Mina and Chaeryeong said with wide eyes, Mina shielding the hybrids from her.

Chaeyeon realizes what the two thought she meant. "Oh... I didn't word it properly. What I meant was that I can adopt her, if it's okay. I definitely should've said that instead."

"Oh... oh..." The realization finally hits Mina. "Really?"

"Sakura-unnie and I have always been talking about owning one lately after seeing some on the street..." Chaeyeon explains, then she sighs. "But for the past two months, especially with Kkura being in a K-pop group, we never had the time to even go to the adoption centers." Chaeyeon cooes at Minju and a spot in her ear, making the fox let out a little contented sound.

The whole time Chaeyeon interacted with Minju, Mina watched. I guess we finally found Minju's owner then. She thought, endeared by them. "I hope Sakura-san likes her as much as you."

Chaeyeon snickered. "Are you kidding? She's gonna spoil Minju rotten, more than I will."

Mina giggles, glad that it might work out for little Minju.

She was pulled from her thoughts when someone pulled the sleeves of her cardigan. Mina looked at her kitten, who looked distraught. "Ming-Ming gonna leave?" She asked, lips wobbling.

"Oh, Dubu-chan." Mina sat on the couch, picking up her kitten and placing her on her lap. Mina then wipes her face when she notices that Dahyun was crying. "I'm not gonna lie, yes, she's leaving. But it's not like she's leaving the country. She can join your playdates with your other hybrid friends, and you guys could also sleepover at each other's houses. You two won't be forced apart, I promise you that."

"You're welcome at our place anytime, Dahyunnie." Chaeyeon says, patting Dahyun's head. "You can also stay with us if your unnies go on business trips."

"Dubu and I could have the sleepovers like in the human movies!" Minju cheered.

Dahyun smiled widely, which Mina took as a sign that the kitten accepted the new situation.

 


 

Dahyun excitedly knocked on the door. The playdate was at Minju's for the first time, and she was really excited.

Minju answers the door, pulling Dahyun into a hug with a big grin. "Dahyunnie! You're here! Come in!" She smiles brightly, the three Japanese girls happy at how brighter Minju looks. "You too, unnies!"

A few other hybrids were there, they were all pretty new to the girls except Minho, who was chewing on a ball of yarn. When he saw Dahyun, he let the yarn go, and in a few seconds the two cats were meowing and tossing the yarn between themselves.

"Do they not care that the yarn was in Minho's mouth beforehand?" Momo questioned.

"Cats only care about yarn, not where it's from, Momoring." Sana answered, patting the older's back.

"Hey guys!" Sakura greets,  handing them some iced tea.

"Thanks!" Sana says, taking a sip. "Pretty crowded today."

Chaeyeon and Sakura chuckled nervously. "Minju made a lot of friends."

"That's nice. Speaking of Minju, she looks very happy with you guys." Momo says.

"Really?" Both girls were surprised to hear that.

"Yeah, we can tell. Dahyun was even more bright the moment we signed the adoption papers."

Sakura smiles fondly. "Yeah. Chae and I try our best to make her that way." She then looked at her members, who were playing Mario Kart with Minju, Chaewon screaming because she was losing against Kazuha. "I do worry sometimes that my girls will take her away, especially Eunchae and Chaewon. They really love Minju. In fact, they crash our house for her so much that they should pay rent too."

Everyone laughed at what she said, unsure if she was joking or not.

"Glad it worked out, guys." Mina says, smiling sincerely.

"Same for you. Getting hybrids was a life-changer."

"Unnie." Dahyun says, fiddling with her fingers.

"You need something, sweetie?" Sana asked.

"Is there milk?" 

"In the fridge." Chaeyeon says. Sana got it and poured a glass, and two more glasses when she saw Minho and another cat looking at it with big eyes. She giggled as they grabbed it with a quick thanks and chugged it down, before going back to play.

"Cats are so cute." Momo grinned.

"So is Kkura." Chaeyeon says, grinning.

Sakura blushes.