Alive

Alive
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The world is black and white. The light is at the end of the dark and narrow tunnel that is difficult to reach. Luhan dreamed of reaching the end of the tunnel so that he could touch this source of light and be overwhelmed by it. However, this dream was impossible to reach, in his daily tunnel there was not a single spark. So, like every night, the young boy sat on the carpet of his room, contemplating the night, the bright rays of the moon illuminating his soft dreamy face. At fourteen, Luhan was a passionate dreamer, a storyteller of unfinished stories, a wounded young boy. With his arms around his frail knees, his eyelids closed trying to escape this harsh reality. An unpleasant reality that you get used to, that we get used to. Like a sweet daily melody Luhan got used to this monotonous life, not suspecting for a moment that it would change.

 

Luhan wanted to spread his wings like a butterfly and take flight. He dreamed of freedom. But his freedom was limited to living in the family house with his mother supervising him. Sitting on the couch, he listened to the sounds coming from the television set, without really paying much attention. It was always the same thing every time no matter what God does. He was bored, he was tired, exhausted from always being locked up in this golden prison. Even though he knew that it was all for his own good, he wanted to wander around like a child of his age would. However, this was impossible. And this reality was becoming increasingly difficult for the blond boy to accept.

 

Sitting on his knees in the middle of his room, the boy enjoyed the soft summer wind caressing his face. His hair danced softly, brushing against his closed eyes. With his hands on his knees, he felt good, he felt free.

 

He had no idea that a small head was watching him, having opened the door. Another being had just tiptoed into the blonde's room, who was far too focused on the wind to notice. It was the heat emanating from the body beside him that brought him back to reality. He was startled but did not move. He froze, allowing the other person to observe him in great detail.

 

- My name is Sehun. suddenly said the other boy. I'm thirteen, I came here to play with you.

 

Luhan's cheeks flushed and his heartbeat began to race. With his head bowed, he replied:

 

- My name is Lu-Luhan, and I am fourteen years old.

 

Fourteen long years of loneliness.

 

Fourteen long years of endless tunnel.

 

Fourteen long years of wondering if tomorrow would change.

 

Today, that tomorrow was facing Him. His name was Sehun and he is thirteen years old.

Even though Sehun was not allowed to take Luhan outside, the blond boy felt good. Sehun was kind to him, he had become his friend. And for that alone, Luhan felt good, he was happy for once. He had a smile on his lips that had not existed for some time. He was beaming.

 

 

 

The two boys were lying in bed. One was watching the bright stars on the ceiling while the other was listening to the sound of the other's breathing. No one dared to speak. Yet there was no lack of desire. Luhan was just scared, it was the first time Sehun had slept with him. He didn't know how to behave and the fact that the other boy didn't say anything only intensified his sudden stress.

 

- I am happy to sleep with you Luhan.

 

Sehun had just broken the silence, a smile gracing his lips. Luhan blushed at this statement. Sehun always made him feel uncomfortable, as if he was doing it on purpose.

 

- I'm sure you're all red! exclaimed the other boy a little mockingly.

 

The blond boy put his hands on his burning cheeks, completely exposed despite the fact that it was dark in the room.

 

- That's rubbish!

 

Sehun laughed at his friend's behaviour.

 

- 'I know when you're lying Luhannie.

 

‘ Luhannie’ ... Luhan's heart would eventually explode. He was so happy.

 

- No way!

 

His voice had risen to a high pitch following this statement. Sehun, on the other hand, held back a laugh at the older man's adorable behaviour.

 

- How do you know I'm blushing when you can't even see me? Luhan asked innocently.

 

- You don't always have to see to know, Luhan. And then... He paused, I know you, I know how you react, so it wasn't hard to guess.

 

The corners of Luhan's lips turned upwards. His heart was swollen to the max.

 

 - I like it when you call me Luhannie. The older one said shyly.

 

- I know. was the younger one's response.

 

- You know everything.

 

- I certainly don't know everything. But I know a little about you.

 

- It pleases me to know that...

 

Luhan turned his back on his friend. He could go to sleep with a light heart. Tomorrow at his side would be a presence, no longer the cold of loneliness.

 

- Good night Sehun. yawned the blond boy.

 

- Good night Luhannie.

 

 

The younger man placed a chaste kiss on the innocent cherub's temple and then sat back, his heart beating as fast as Luhan's.

 

- We should go outside. Sehun said suddenly out loud and was looking at the nature

through the window.

 

- You know very well that I am not allowed to leave the house…

 

Sehun approached the blond boy, who had his head down, taking his elder's face in his hands.

 

- I'll be with you. You don't have to worry, everything will be fine. You trust me, don't you?

 

The older boy nodded, even though he was afraid, he was eager to get out of his golden prison. Sehun took the blonde's hand in his, holding it firmly. The older boy was trembling with apprehension, it had been so long since he had set foot in the real world. Freedom was at the end of the tunnel. When the wind blew over his whole body, he couldn't help but smile like an idiot. Sehun had said they would only go into the house’s garden, so that was a good start. Then, when his feet made contact with the fresh grass, the young boy froze. His friend watched him without saying a word, he contemplated this beautiful face where a pool of tears ran down his full cheeks. LuHan bent down and touched the greenery under his bare feet with his free hand. It felt good.

 

- I'll take you a little further, I'd like us to do something.

 

Luhan did not answer. He trusted Sehun completely. So he stood up, clasping the younger boy's hand in his own a little tighter. The grass under his feet tickled, but it didn't matter. It was better than feeling the carpet in his room. They didn't walk very long, but here Luhan felt the gusts of wind more intensely. The ground was a little more sloping. He turned his face to the right, at Sehun with confusion written all over his face.

 

- Why did you bring me here? he asked.

 

Sehun looked back at him.

 

- I want you to feel free.

 

This sentence made the older man, who had only dreamed of this since he was a child, shiver.

 

- Let yourself be guided, don't let go of my hand.

 

- I won't. Luhan replied, apprehensive about what was to come.

 

Sehun took a deep breath, then began to run on the grass. Lu Han had never experienced such a beautiful sensation before. He felt as if he was no longer touching the ground, as if he was a beautiful butterfly spreading its wings. With closed eyes, he enjoyed this sudden freedom... He was guided by his guardian angel who held his hand, hoping that it would never end. But all good things must come to an end.

 

- Again! Again! Let’s do it again! he exclaimed, even though he was struggling to catch his breath.

 

They went down the slope, again and again, without ever getting tired, Lu Han becoming more and more confident. He was a being like the others despite his differences. 

He could fly.

 

They lay down on the grass next to each other, completely out of breath. Eventually their laughter rang out, innocent laughter. They were innocent in this brutal world. Lu Han took Sehun's hand in his, intertwining their fingers. Sehun was his guardian angel.

 

- Luhan, Sehun, what are you doing outside? shouted a voice

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter