Restless

my boyfriend told me to water the plants and be happy
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Taemin started to walk back to his apartment, extending his hand behind him as he didn’t want to let go of Minho. His warmth comforted him a lot, but he wasn’t ready to sleep anywhere other than his bed, and after an evening of cuddling on the couch, he was starting to fall asleep for real.

He had to let go of Minho at some point as he continued walking in the hallway. However, when he approached his own door, he noticed something unusual and he missed a breath. There was a ray of moonlight coming out of his slightly open doorway—something was wrong.

“Minho?” he called, unsure. He quickly looked back and saw Minho still standing at his own door, a frown on his face. “Minho?” Taemin asked again.

Taemin stayed in front of his open door, paralyzed. He was sure he had locked it earlier in the day—at least he thought so. Or had he forgotten? He was usually pretty adamant about that kind of thing, but he realized with a shiver that he couldn’t be one hundred percent sure about this time.

“What’s going on?” Minho asked in a breath as he came closer.

“My door—it’s open.”

Minho mouthed an ‘o’, his hand hovering over the handle. Taemin gave him a look, not sure of what he was about to do. When Minho laid his hand on the handle, Taemin grabbed his wrist and shook his head.

“What if someone’s inside?”

“Do you remember locking it when you left?”

“I do—I think so,” Taemin mumbled. “There’s no reason I wouldn’t have,” he added with a bit more confidence. He couldn’t deny he had felt a bit hazy, but he couldn’t accept that he was that out of it.

Minho nodded and retracted his hand from the door. He took a few steps back and took his phone out of his pocket. Taemin looked at him as he called the police, his breath short.

“Hello—yes—possible breaking and entering? Okay, thank you,” Minho said in a breath and hung up the phone.

Taemin looked at him expectantly and he knew Minho was trying to look reassuring even though he wasn’t. Minho extended his hand and Taemin took it directly, following Minho when he started to walk back towards his own apartment.

“Let’s wait at my place while they arrive,” Minho whispered and Taemin could only agree.

They found themselves sitting on Minho’s couch again, however this time Taemin was at the edge of it, his left leg stomping on the floor from the stress, his heart beating a hundred beats per minute. 

He hoped it was nothing. He hoped he had just forgotten to close his door. But something in his stomach told him otherwise. Someone had come to his place, he was sure of it.

And there was Luna. Sweat started to form on his forehead as he wondered if she was still inside. She was always trying to run through the front door, and it had been open for he didn’t know how long. Worse, maybe the intruder had hurt her!

Taemin felt Minho’s reassuring hand brush his shoulder, and he leaned towards the touch. He was glad Minho didn’t say anything, didn’t try to comfort him with claims he couldn’t back up. The truth was there was nothing to say until the police were there. 

When they heard a noise coming from the hallway, they got up at the same time and Minho cracked open his apartment’s door—they were right.

A man and a woman in a police uniform were walking towards them. The woman turned and started to inspect Taemin’s door while the man went up to them.

“You’re the one who called?” he asked them and Minho nodded. “Stay there.”

The policeman returned near his colleague and they both entered Taemin’s apartment, gun in hand—Taemin shivered at the possibility of danger. He looked up at Minho for a second and they stayed in the hallway, hands clasped together, waiting for the police to clear the place—or find an intruder.

Taemin closed his eyes as he listened carefully. He could hear their steps in his apartment, the clicks of the lights being and the feedback they were giving each other—after a while, Taemin started to relax. There didn’t seem to be anybody inside.

The woman was the first one to get outside the apartment, and she walked up to them, a serious look on her fac

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter