Maybe I was wrong

Sorry, but no
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Sometimes love can be confusing.

 

It can be beautiful but could destroy your existence with just a simple word or a gesture.

Yujin was with her sister Hyewon and friends when they experienced these types of love.

 

Even as a bystander she felt happiness, sadness, and madness.

She never experienced love herself but if she is being honest she doesn't want to. Love sounds complicated.

 

Hyewon told her it was beautiful, but Yujin doesn't really believe her since there was a time when her older sister cried her heart out, telling her that love was just an illusion and contained sorrow and pain.

 

However,  it was the worst time for her sister because her girlfriend Yuri left her for another girl.

Sadly the other girl was Hyewon's best friend Yena.

 

Yujin had to listen to her sisters ranting every day and night and was tired from it. Now that Hyewon is together with her girlfriend Eunbi, she seems like a whole different person, well concerning love.

 

 

Yujin was happy for her sister.

It seemed like the couple was perfect together. If she would find someone like this for herself, she doesn't mind falling in love.

 

However, her generation is a different breed. Most people she knows are party crackers, jerks, and Barbie dolls who don't have their own opinion.

 

When she looks at her friends and their relationships, she doesn't want to get into the whole dating thing.

Broken hearts everywhere she looks.

 

She is glad that her best friend Rei wasn't one of those pathetic, hopeless romantics.

Her other friend Yunjin on the other side was in an on-off relationship for the last four months and it was exhausting to listen to.

 

Yunjin wanted to be exclusive, Kazuha not that much.

It seemed so complicated, but it really wasn't.

 

The problem was just that the two never talked about their feelings.

They only talked with their friends about it, nothing else.

 

Man, the drama was huge when Kazuha went on a date with another girl. Yunjin ignored her for good three days until they kinda talked about it, Yunjin telling the younger girl that she was jealous.

 

Well her friend Ningning wasn't better.

She had a crush on her tutor Jimin who was already in a relationship or well a toxic relationship.

Yujin can't count how many times she had to go with Ningning, just because the older girl thought Jimin's girlfriend was a cheater.

 

She gave her friend credit since it turned out to be true, but it still didn't get her the girlfriend. Jimin gave Ningning the fault for ruining her relationship.

 

 

Last but not least her friend Minju is counted as one of the unlucky romantics.

 

Her problem is her parents.

 

She was so happy with her girlfriend Yeji, someone Yujin included to the coolest girls in college, but her parents almost ruined it, not liking their daughter to be in a same- relationship.

 

So many fights between them started because Minju couldn't show her affection for Yeji in public.

Yujin could understand both sides, but it definitely broke her heart when Yeji and Minju broke up.

 

She could see that they loved each other dearly but without one of them changing their mind, it would be impossible to be together again.

 

All these things showed Yujin that love was something she doesn't want to experience or feel.

 

However, it all started with her parents.

 

Her mother was what you could call a manipulative .

She treated their dad like a loser who couldn't do .

 

To top it all, she cheated on him, gave him the fault, and then when Yujin was just 10, she left without another word.

Yujin wasn't too sad since she was horrible as a mother, but she felt bad for her father who always did his best to give them the best life he could provide, putting his kids and wife before his own needs.

 

 

So that's how Yujin's childhood went.

 

Nobody could hold her for not wanting to find love.

 

 

There was Chaewon who was a good friend Yujin got to know in Choir.

It confused her why Chaewon was always trying to make her believe in love until she found out that the older girl developed a crush on her.

 

Yujin tried to explain it as kindly as possible, wanting to stay friends but it was useless.

Chaewon didn't want to stay friends, she wanted more. Since Yujin couldn't give it to her, she left.

 

 

The next one was Hitomi, a cute girl from her Japanese class.

Yujin could tell from the beginning that the girl was crushing on her but thought it was okay since she was always open with how she felt, telling the girl indirectly that she is interested in no one.

 

Months went by and their friendship was great, so great that Yujin didn't hate the idea of trying to get serious with her.

 

However, it was a big mistake.

They lasted for maybe three months until Yujin couldn't put up with it anymore.

 

She really tried to get deeper feelings for the girl but nothing.

Breaking up led to their friendship breaking as well.

 

 

Since then Yujin decided on the rule of not dating friends.

She didn't want to try again but her friends and family didn't stop getting on her nerves so she agreed on going out and getting to know people.

 

Since she wasn't interested in older people she tried going out with younger ones.

There was Jihan who needed too much attention from her, something Yujin couldn't vibe with.

 

Then there was Yoon who was a little too self-centered, not even asking Yujin about her day or messaging her.

 

The last person Yujin tried to date was Yuna.

 

The girl had the same opinion about love but wanted to try being in a relationship. The two did a lot of firsts together just to see if it would make them feel anything.

 

Yujin felt comfortable with Yuna.

 

They could talk with each other.

 

At some point, she even thought that she was starting to feel something.

 

However, after almost a year of being together, Yuna told her she loves Yujin.

 

Right at that moment, she knew that she wasn't feeling the same.

 

The two broke up and since then Yujin didn't try another relationship, not wanting to hurt anyone else.

 

It's been two years.

 

Now Yujin is in her third college year, living her life.

There was no place for love, but she liked going out and hooking up from time to time.

 

The girls and guys she did it with were fine with it, she was totally fine with it if the night ended to her liking, which means her leaving right after and never going to talk again.

Her friends were not the biggest fan of what she was doing, but she didn't listen to them.

 

She just had to mention their own problems and they would shut up.

 

Yes, the drama she mentioned was still ongoing.

Kazuha and Yunjin started their on-off thing a year ago, Ningning got tutored three months ago and Jimin started to ignore her two weeks ago, while Minju and Yeji are separated for a month now.

 

Rei seemed to be the only one who didn't mind Yujin doing her thing and she loved her best friend for it.

 

Or well, that was until Rei betrayed her

 

 

"You what?"

Yujin asked with wide eyes, getting almost everyone's attention in the cafeteria.

 

Rei apologized to her friend and hit her slightly

 

 

"Stop acting like a child. I just told to you that I met somebody, it's not that big"

 

 

"Not big? You were the only one who didn't cry me a river because of romantic "

Rei chuckled at the older girl's pout

 

 

"I promise I won't bother you with it. Also, it's still pretty new. We haven't even been able to go on a date"

Yujin raised her eyebrow at that

 

 

"Why?"

 

 

"I thought you don't want to know about my romantic ?"

Rei asked playfully with a smirk

 

 

 

"Shut up and tell me"

Rei chuckled and sigh

 

 

 

"She is really shy and is afraid that she will ruin it when it's just the two of us"

Yujin couldn't help but laugh making Rei hit her

 

 

"Sorry, but doesn't it show you already that she is not ready for a relationship?"

 

 

"There is no ready-for love you , and she just needs time to get used to me. She is usually with her best friend but when we talk it's magical"

and Yujin got hit again when she laughed about the word magical

 

 

 

"I stop I stop, no but seriously. What are you going to do when she is too shy to go on a date?"

Yujin asked but regretted it when Rei was smirking at her.

 

 

 

"A double date"

Yujin's eyes widen

 

 

 

"No, forget it"

the Japanese then pouted at her

 

 

 

"Oh come on Yujin-ah. Please come with me"

 

 

 

"But I don't want to go on a double date"

 

 

 

"It won't be that bad. It's not like you have to talk to Jiwon's friend. You're just there to talk if it gets too awkward"

Yujin frowned at this

 

 

 

"Wow, that makes me feel better. Now I'm thrilled to get to know her"

and she was hit again

 

 

 

"Okay fine, when and where are we going? The club?"

 

 

 

"No, Jiwon doesn't like the club..... Don't even try to say something, not everyone likes drinking and dancing"

 

 

 

"I don't like drinking too, just dancing. How can someone not like dancing"

Rei shrugged her shoulders

 

 

 

"It doesn't matter, we're going to a Korean Barbeque place her friend picked since it was the prize to pay that she tags along"

Yujin laughed, thinking this girl is already likable

 

 

"Okay, I come with you, but you pay for my food"

Rei glared at the older girl but agreed.

 

 

"The date is on Saturday and dress up a little"

 

 

 

"But it's not my date"

Yujin complained but agreed after getting another glare from Rei.

 

 

Days went by and Yujin was getting ready for the date.

She still couldn't believe that she is giving up her Saturday just to go on a double date.

She hopes for Rei that it works out but only hearing about Jiwon made her doubt it.

 

The Japanese is just so open, kind-hearted, and childish that Yujin can't imagine her being with someone who seems to be scared of their own shadow.

 

Nevertheless, she promised to come, and getting free food was a plus. She took her motorcycle and drove to the restaurant's address Rei send her.

 

She seemed to be the first one, so she waited outside since she didn't know Jiwon's friend's surname.

 

However, she then got a text from Rei telling her to look for a tall girl with long dark brown hair, since the girl was already waiting inside.

She also told Yujin that Jiwon and she are there in a few minutes.

 

Yujin texted her a quick reply before going inside.

She looked around, trying to find someone who fits the description but sigh when she saw more than four women who fitted the criteria.

 

Luckily she was tapped on the shoulder by one of the girls.

 

 

 

"You must be Yujin. You looked a little lost"

the girl said with a chuckle.

 

Yujin nodded and followed the girl to the table

 

 

"I'm Wonyoung, Jiwon's friend"

she then introduced herself, making Yujin nod once again

 

 

 

"Can you talk?"

Wonyoung asked with a chuckle, amused by how quiet Yujin is

 

 

 

"Of course, I can, I just don't see the need to talk right now"

 

 

 

"Did Rei force you to come?"

Yujin nodded again but this time smiled

 

 

 

"At least I get free food"

Wonyoung gasped

 

 

 

"I knew I should have asked for more than just picking the restaurant"

Yujin chuckled at the girl's behavior.

 

 

The two then sat there in silence until Rei and Jiwon finally arrived.

Yujin and Jiwon acknowledged each other with a hi and all four sat down with the friends sitting next to each other.

 

Most of the talk was done by Rei or Wonyoung.

Yujin was way too busy thinking about what to eat and was secretly watching Jiwon, wanting to know what made her friend like the girl.

 

Sure she was sweet and beautiful, but a lot of people are, so she was curious about what else is there.

 

However when she heard her name she looked up at Rei

 

 

 

"Nooo, Yujin will stay single forever"

realizing what they are talking about she nodded

 

 

 

"I don't believe that"

Wonyoung said with wide eyes

 

 

 

"Love is just not her thing"

Rei then said, making Yujin nod again.

 

 

 

"You were never in love?"

Jiwon then asked, talking for the first time.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter