October Passed Me By

October Passed Me By

Before you read this first. Please play the song October Passed Me By - Girl in Red.

                                       …

 

October 2022

 

It’s now October. That means it’s “we fell in love in october” month. 

 

I used to fell in love in October also. I fell in love with this girl named “Winter” and I can still remember her face vividly. Her beautiful smile, her cute face and her cutie voice.

 

I fell in love with her real hard but she’s gone in my life anymore. Thinking about it now, it makes me really depressed because I always remember her when it’s October.

 

So, here i go again looking for this big red box full of memories of me and her.

 

“Hey what’s that?” I looked at my back and saw Giselle, my girlfriend.

 

“Uh it’s just a box full of old stuff” i said then i smiled at her.

 

“So? It’s not sentimental right?” She said

 

“Uhh.. yeah?” I told her 

 

“Put it inside the trash bag cuz I’m throwing out some trash” she said then she hand over the trash bag to me.

 

I end up hesitating and gripping the box real hard.

 

“I thought it’s not sentimental? Why you can’t throw it away?” She asked 

 

Maybe it’s time to let go of this memories. So, i end up throwing it inside the trash bag.

 

“Good, im gonna head out now” she said then she takes out the trash outside. 

 

“Hey wait! I’m gonna do it for you” i said then ran towards her. 

 

“Okay see you inside then” she said then she gave me the trash bag then heads back inside the house. 

 

I went to the trash then i put the trash bag inside after that i went back inside the house. 

                                         …

After i got inside, Giselle and I decided that we should go for a walk.

 

“Why are you always like that when it’s October?” She asked while holding my hand.

 

“I don’t know? Maybe some random pool of depression poured on me?” I said and i smiled at her.

 

“Okay, just remember that I’m always here for you” she said then she smiled at me.

 

“I know” I said then I smiled back at her.

 

We end up walking around and talked a lot of things and looking around the nature.

 

                                         …

It’s been a week since I tried to throw away my memories with winter and the funny thing about that is that i came back and i get it. I realized that I can’t let go of the memories. Not yet.

 

Right now, i’m watching Giselle arranging some stuff for our dinner with our old friends then she looked at me. 

 

“Why are you like that?” She asked me

 

“What do you mean?” I answered 

 

“You looked depressed” she said

 

“I’m not” I answered 

 

“Is this about her again?” She asked

 

I just froze. I can’t answer that question. 

 

“Oh my god Karina! You need to try to fix that cause honestly I’m tired of it!” She said then she just walked out

 

I end up crying after she said that and i took my phone on my pocket and i looked at Winter’s old photos and videos in my phone.

 

The photos and videos consisted with Winter’s random photos and videos of her singing to me and smiling at the camera. 

 

Why is it hard to forget you, Winter?

 

                                          …

Giselle and I, haven’t really talked since yesterday and now is the dinner of our old friends and I don’t think i want to go outside and hangout with them. 

 

I end up locking myself inside of our bedroom until our friends are gone. 

 

I went out and saw Giselle’s frustrated face. 

 

“You didn’t go outside and meet our friends karina!” Giselle yelled at me. 

 

I can’t speak because i feel bad for what i did.

 

“You left me alone Karina!” She said 

 

Right at that moment I realized that i should fix thing or else i would lose Giselle. 

 

             …

 

It’s morning and suddenly I received a call from an unknown caller. 

 

“Hello?” I said

 

“Karina?” The girl from the other line answered.

 

Is it real? Am I talking to Winter right now?

 

“Winter?” I asked

 

“Yeah It’s Winter. I just wanna ask you if you’re free to meet me?” She asked

 

“Yeah i am free” i said

 

“Great! Let’s meet tomorrow then?” She said

 

“Yeah let’s meet tomorrow” I said then i hang up

 

Maybe this is the sign to fix this thing up with Winter?

 

                                           …

So, here i am waiting in this fancy restaurant that Winter told me and I’m kinda nervous of what’s gonna happen. 

 

“Karina?” I looked at my back and I saw Winter. 

 

“Hi” I said

 

“How are you?” She asked then she sits on the chair. 

 

“I’m fine” I answered 

 

“Do you have a girlfriend now?” She asked while looking in my eyes. 

 

“Yeah her name is Giselle you?” I said and I smiled  at her.

 

I don’t know but I can feel my heart is beating so fast after I answered her question. 

 

“I’m seeing someone right now” She answered then she looked away. 

 

“I just wanna talk about what happened between us” I said then she looked at me again. 

 

“I guess we need to talk about that” she said

 

“I loved you Winter, I really loved the memories we had” I said 

 

“I loved you too Karina. My love for you is so big to the point I don’t know how to tell you how much i loved you.” She said

 

“What went wrong, Winter?” I said

 

“It’s just maybe we’re not really meant to be, Karina.” She said

 

“Maybe you’re right? We are not meant for each other.” I said

 

“Maybe this is the right time that we should let go of what we had before Karina. Because the more we keep on holding it. The more it get hurts.” She said then she holds my hand.

 

“I’m gonna let you go Winter but please remember that you will always a small part inside of my heart.” I said and i hold her hand so tight.

 

“You too, Karina. You will always have a space in my heart not as a lover but as a person.” She said then she smiled at me.

 

After that conversation, I feel like I’m free right now. The heavy feeling that i have these past few days is slowly fading away and I can finally see that I am happy right now. 

 

                                          …

 

I went hope decide to clean up outside because there’s a lot of dead leaves outside cause it’s fall. 

 

All of a sudden I heard Giselle calling my name inside the house and i think she’s looking for me. 

 

Then she finally found me here outside and she just stand there and smiled at me. 

 

                                         …

 

I made some a little bit changes with the storyline cuz there’s a lot of holes on it since it was based from the short film of october passed me by - girl in red. 

 

Well if u like the story please comment some reactions in the comments so that i can read it and yes sorry for the grammatical errors because English is not my first language. Have a good day people!