Fin.

Midnight Snack

It’s a sleepless night for Xueer again.

Spinning the pen with her fingers, Xueer sighed a little, before feeling a slight rumble in her stomach.

Her eyes drifted from the dancing words in the script she was reading to the LED clock on her table, and it showed a glazing 2.06 in the morning to her tired eyes.

Xueer decided that it wasn’t a bad idea to get a midnight snack.

(Once a while, of course. She told herself.)

The decision took her from the study room to the kitchen, where she opened the doors of the fridge to search for some microwavable snack. While passing by Ziyin’s room, she mentally noted not to make too much noise that would wake her girlfriend up.

Ziyin had just came back from Changsha for her latest drama filming, and she knew how tiring it would be, since the crew would be working from early morning till late night, sometimes even with sleepless nights, just to keep the filming up to schedule.

She remembered how Ziyin would wrap herself in her blankets that she’d look like a dumpling, and she smiled a little at the image that appeared in her head at the thought of it.

Microwavable dumplings it is. Xueer reached out for the box of 4 dumplings and closed the fridge.

Making a decision on what to eat may be hard, but the rest was easy enough for Xueer. Removing the paper packaging and peeling the plastic cover over for a little, she placed her midnight snack into the microwave and threw herself onto the comfortable sofa in the living room.

Listening to the sound of the operating microwave now sounded like an ASMR to Xueer…

Just as she was drifting away into sleep, the microwave halted to a stop and beeped loudly. Xueer literally jumped to her feet and scrambled to the kitchen to switch off the power, hoping that the beeping noises didn’t wake Ziyin up.

At least she hoped so.

“Hey,” a sleepy voice came to greet her. Xueer turned, just in time to see Ziyin sleepily rubbing her eyes, with her cute bear pyjamas set on.

“Hey. Sorry for waking you up, I was heating up some dumplings because I was hungry,” Xueer said, hands naturally sliding into Ziyin’s after grabbing a pair of chopsticks, dragging her over to the dining table and sat the sleepy girl down. “Want some?”

Ziyin shook her head. “What time is it?”

“Should be half past two in the morning now,” Xueer replied, holding a piece of dumpling with her chopsticks.

Ziyin covered her eyes for a moment, allowing Xueer to eat her dumplings in silence, until she removed her hands when she looked more awake. “Planning to stay up until the morning?”

Being idols meant that they would be having countless nights without sleep, be it related to work or not. Both of them are used to asking each other “staying up late until the morning” instead of “planning to sleep soon”.

That’s just how it is, for them.

“I’m considering. I would go back to reading my script if I didn’t wake you up,” Xueer said, finishing off her third dumpling. “Now, I just want to cuddle with you for a bit.”

It hasn’t been that long since they became a couple – sure, they’d move in together when they were still friends – but it was only four months since they confessed to each other. It wasn’t a long time, nor was it a short one, but Ziyin was still shy to express her love for Xueer. On the contrary, Xueer was one to be quick and particularly good in expressing her love and how much she wants to cling onto her girlfriend.

For that, Ziyin is still learning from her girlfriend, who’s just a week older than her, but seems to know far more about relationship stuffs than her.

She’d still blush a little over Xueer’s loving words and gestures, and she’d try to reciprocate them when she could.

“Do you have to rush to your schedule in the morning?” Ziyin asked, mentally planning for both possibilities – Xueer having a schedule or not. She didn’t have any planned for the day, since she got two days off after her drama filming – which makes it easier for her to plan.

Xueer ate her last dumpling and sighed contentedly. “No, just two schedules for the day. A magazine shoot in the afternoon and a dance practice at night.”

“Perfect. Cuddle…it is, then.”

Ziyin offered to wash up the empty plastic box and the chopsticks Xueer used, saying that since she’s half awake already, she should help her tired girlfriend out. Xueer knew she couldn’t argue over Ziyin, who could be stubborn when she decided on doing something (so was she, as both of them are Tauruses), so she just playfully left her a kiss on the cheek and fled to their bedroom.

(Ziyin’s face turned red quickly, together with the tip of her ears. She was relieved that Xueer didn’t see it, or she’d a lot.)

Once Ziyin was done, she slid into the bed and hugged Xueer close, sighing when she felt the familiar comfort and warmth. Xueer visibly relaxed in her arms, and both felt that their eyelids were getting heavier and heavier.

“Breakfast in the morning?” Ziyin managed to ask before Xueer fell asleep completely.

“…We’ll decide in the morning,” Xueer sleepily mumbled, and a comfortable darkness enveloped them as they drifted into a good night’s sleep.

 

(

 

They happened to miss Xueer’s alarm at 11am, and Ziyin had to quickly fix them an egg mayo sandwich as breakfast while Xueer dresses up in a rush for her afternoon schedule.

It’s okay, though. Ziyin thought. It’s just like living a simple and normal daily life.

That they, as idols themselves, could hardly get to live like a normal couple.

“I’m going!” Xueer shouted from the doorstep, and Ziyin rushed over to give her the sandwiches she made.

Ziyin leaned in and kissed Xueer on the lips for a little, as Xueer smiled onto it. 

“Don’t forget to eat these on your way,” Ziyin said as she pulled away. “Come back with an empty lunchbox, don’t make me nag at you.”

Xueer smiled and squeezed Ziyin’s hand before closing the door with a cheerful goodbye.

Yep, sending your girlfriend off like a normal couple on a normal weekday feels very satisfying somehow.

Ziyin thought with a smile as she cleaned up the kitchen.

 

)

 

A/N: I have been wanting to write a xueyin fic and I'm really glad that I've finally written one TT also wrote this out of boredom + I saw a prompt from the prompt generator (mentioned in the foreword/author's note in the beginning) so I wrote one :D XUEYIN IS TOO CUTE THIS YEAR THEY'RE ACTUALLY SAILING THIS YEAR BUT WE NEVER GOT TO SEE THEM THAT MUCH DURING QCYN2???? THAT WAS TWO YEARS AGO BUT THEY'RE LIVING TOGETHER NOW???????? *screams internally* anyways I hope you guys like this OS/short drabble I decided to write. See y'all when I decided to come back and write another fic...maybe for another ship or for xueyin, I'm not sure. I'm still a half-retired fanfic writer after all akjfhskdfhksjdhf