All I Want for Christmas Is You

Lullabies

Was covered by Kim Jong Kook at his Busan live concert in 2019. Do watch a glimpse of Jong Kook's performance singing this and listen to the whole song covered by him here https://youtu.be/lxZHgcrtJmk!

Wishing everyone a holly jolly Christmas also and a great holiday<3

————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————

Swallowing his own saliva, he gripped his phone tightly while waiting for her to call him. They were supposed to meet at the Christmas Eve party that Seok Jin held at the oldest's luxurious house, but she had not even replied to his message almost 6 hours ago. The anxiety consumed him, mainly because it was the first time she was away during the Christmas holiday since they had been celebrating it together for five years long.

Call him clingy, but he always loved and craved her presence here and there, now and then. And he simply was not used to spending it back all alone by himself now that he was married to her, not minding the fact that he was all fine to spend it by himself when he had not met her yet back then.

Not that he did not support her job as an actress, but sometimes it took him a gulp of patience to deal with her stubbornness as she insisted on still wanting to finish some scenes of her newest drama that was still in the process of filming during the holiday. That got him sighed and he ended up agreeing with her to avoid quarrels. She left the house early this morning to drive to the filming set, which took her about 3 hours of driving after preparing breakfast for him and planting a kiss on his forehead while he was still deep in his sleep.

And he was all sulky today. He even inserted a pouting emoji when he texted her earlier so that he could let her know that he was not happy with the fact that she was working at this time of the year. He just spent his holiday working out at the gym this morning, then ate outside all by himself in the afternoon, and finally switched the TV channels back to back and ended up getting bored at home for the rest of the day. Therefore, in the end, he was the one who felt lonely.

It was nearly 6 PM, and he really should go right now—otherwise, he would get caught in the rush hour and end up arriving at probably 9 PM. His phone chimed as he was about to hit his G-Wagon's pedal.

[05:28 PM] Song Ji Hyo
Oppa, I think I'll be late tonight.
[05:28 PM] Song Ji Hyo

Please pass my apologies to Seok Jin oppa. Sorry that I can't make it.
[05:29 PM] Song Ji Hyo

I promise I'll come home as soon as I can. Enjoy the Christmas dinner, oppa.

He groaned in annoyance. He did not even care about the dinner, or whatsoever it was—it was her that he needed right now on Christmas Eve. Though, still, he could not just back down from the invitation, especially when everyone was going to turn up. With a weighty heart, he drove to Seok Jin's house and met everyone there, including the Running Man members and their families.

"Oh, hyeong, where's Ji Hyo?" Haha was the first guest he met today, aside from the fact that he had been greeted warmly by Seok Jin and his wife when he just arrived there, along with the same question the couple had thrown to him.

He shrugged his shoulder nonchalantly. "Busy. She's still on the set filming her newest drama."

"At this time of the year?" Jong Kook just nodded while he took a sit on the designated seat for him in the dining room. "Don't you want to spend your Christmas with her, hyeong? You should've just disallowed her to work today."

"Yah, she's my wife! Of course, I want to spend Christmas with her! You know how stubborn she is, right?"

Haha then nodded in approval. "Well, then I think you gotta accept the fact that you're spending it together with us all this year. Just have fun, hyeong. I bet the present opening session will be the highlight of today's party."

Taking a glance at the giant Christmas tree dominated by blue ornaments around it, Jong Kook knew that Ji Hyo had actually prepared some things for them all. One of them was to deliver gifts for everyone coming to Seok Jin days ago so that he could put them underneath the Christmas tree to make it look more beautiful. He could also see that the kids—Haha's three children and Jae Seok's youngest child—were highly excited to unwrap the gifts under their names as soon as they discovered them.

There was also one for him, even though he had argued that he did not need any kind of Christmas present. He noticed that his from her was the smallest one. It kinda looked like it was a fountain pen or something, judging by the size of the box and how neat it was wrapped compared to the others. Not to mention that it was topped by a red ribbon and there was even a lips sticker near his name tag hanging on the edge of the ribbon.

His mind then was distracted by the dinner going so smoothly, and anyone could quickly tell that everyone was having a great time together. The dinner was incredible, and the atmosphere was lovely, but there was still something missing from Jong Kook.

How he missed his darling baby, Song Ji Hyo, to also feel the warmth he felt right now in the middle of the cold, snowy day.

He was voluntarily standing on the balcony of Seok Jin's house after the dinner was finished, feeling the coldness all around his exposed body parts, as in his face and hands, while everyone was mingling around. Not that he separated himself from the others; he just did not feel like answering their questions about her whereabouts or the reason why she did not join them tonight.

A little smile rose on his face when he saw Gap Jin dressed as Santa Claus and distributing the presents to each child. It somehow gave him the idea that he would surely also be a personal Santa Clause for his future child later on.

That, if he ever had one.

Okay, now he did not only want Ji Hyo to come home for Christmas, but he also wanted to have a child of his own that would fill his quiet house with so many giggles and pecks on his child's cheeks.

Seeing how the adults were also ready to open their presents after finishing their Christmas songs karaoke session, he knew it was the right time for him to come inside again and join the others. Soon, he got himself some presents with his name written on the front of them, including the smallest one from her.

"Alright, let's open them one by one. How about we open it based on the giver of the present? Should we start with me first?" The rest then simply just agreed to Seok Jin's suggestion—probably because he was the housemaster. Everyone excitedly opened the present and threw some exclamations when they saw the actual gift that was wrapped before.

It then went in this order: Seok Jin, Jae Seok, Kwang Soo, Haha, So Min, Se Chan, Jong Kook, and lastly, Ji Hyo, as they agreed that since she was not present here, they could not really appreciate or complaint directly about what she was giving them. The presents actually were not so bad; at least what Jong Kook was getting were all useful items, so he did not have any complaints. Even he appreciated Haha, who was giving him a PS5 game since he would definitely use it to kill some time during the holiday together with his wife later on, as well as So Min's present for him too, which happened to be a set of body care for him and Ji Hyo that could be used easily at home for the couple which he thought would be helpful to ease her soreness after filming the drama later.

Speaking about his wife, it was now time that they were all going to open the present from Ji Hyo. He did not sure why, but he became nervous upon opening the gift from her. Not that he was afraid that he would not like the present, but she had never given him something this small and wrapped neatly since she was not really good at hiding something from him, so most of the time she would just put it inside a gift bag and give it as it was.

Nonetheless, he simply just thought that perhaps it was something valuable, which was why she wanted it to be given prettily.

As the others then started to—again, throw some exclamations here and there about the present they were getting, Jong Kook was the only one who had not opened the gift entirely. He was just finished untangling the ribbon and read the message on the tag hanging on the ribbon.

I really want to see your reaction as you open the gift.

Alright, it indeed sounded weird. His thought was running in unexpected ways. Could this be another prank she pulled on him? Could this be something he hated the most, like vouchers to eat at fast food restaurants or tickets to a haunted house?

Well, words would end up being just words if no action was taken to prove them true. Above all the questions he had in his mind, this one question bothered him really badly.

Why would she say that she wanted to see his reaction as he opened the gift if she ended up could not be here?

Sighing, he started unwrapping the gift paper and ended up finding a red rectangle box.

His eyes then got widened, as well as his lips were separated from each other, forming an O mouth shape.

He swore to God that he was seeing things now.

"Do you love your present, oppa?"

He knew she was there by the time he finally took out the present from her. Her unique scent, which he was perfectly familiar with, was the trigger of his action of looking up in front of him. And much to his surprise, she was there, smiling widely from ear to ear while wearing a maroon dress that matched the maroon shirt he was currently wearing.

Unbothered to answer her question, he stood up and faced her with his eyes glued to hers. He took a perfect look once again at present from her. There were actually two things inside the red box that was on both of his hands right now.

The pink one showed two faint lines on the small screen in it, while the blue one showed the word 'pregnant' on the small screen in it.

Wait, what?

Again—just this one more time again—he really took a very damn good look at those two things.

Two lines? Pregnant?

"Why don't you say something, oppa? Or should we start calling you 'appa'?"

And there they were, just right underneath the mistletoe where Jong Kook had been sitting by chance; they kissed each other deeply, without putting much mind about there were children around them and people there teasing them with inaudible words that they could not even hear clearly.

"How can Santa Claus suddenly become so kind that he grants my wish to have my baby here with me on Christmas and also bless my baby with another baby in progress?"

"Yah, what are you saying, oppa? Are you drunk already? You're rambling." Ji Hyo pecked a kiss on his lips and hugged him tightly while giggling upon seeing Jong Kook's bewildered expression. "Merry Christmas, Jong Kook oppa—ah, I mean, Jong Kook appa."