Chapter 2. Telling Him

Expecting

Waking up the next morning, Shin Young was horrified to find herself stark , aside from the white sheet that clung to her form, and in Jo Kwon’s room. Her heart beat rapidly as the night’s events replayed inside her mind. If it wasn’t the ick-covered sheets, or the fact that she was in the buff that scared her, then it was definitely the also Jo Kwon sleeping peacefully beside her.

Shin Young got up quickly and gathered up her clothes; she could not afford to let the other members find out about this. She opened the door and ran across the hall to the bathroom, where she bathed and dressed herself. Looking in the mirror, she really hoped that Jo Kwon would forget about what happened.  But, unfortunately for Shin Young, Jo Kwon has an amazing memory and was all too excited for their blossoming relationship.

After leaving the bathroom, Shin Young had begun to cook breakfast for the members of 2AM. The first one to rise was Jinwoon. He shuffled into the room with a bed-headed ponytail and wrinkled pajama pants. Shin Young stifled a laugh at the sight of him as he came into the kitchen with his nose high in the air sniffing around.

“Food,” Jinwoon breathed and took a seat at the table patiently.

Shin Young turned back around and rolled her eyes at the maknae. The next member to rise was the one and only Jo Kwon, who burst into the kitchen with no shirt on. His pajama pants hung loosely around his hips, showing his pelvis bone. Shin Young inhaled sharply at the sight of his banging body; somehow seeing Jo Kwon made the pit of her stomach shrivel up with a weird emotion that she couldn’t read.

Jo Kwon looked around the room and a smiled bloomed on his face when his eyes caught Shin Young’s. He sauntered up behind her and rested his head on her shoulder cutely while his arms s their way around her middle.

“Good morning jagiya,” Jo Kwon smiles and lands butterfly kisses on her collarbone. Jinwoon’s head perks up from the table’s surface in confusion.

“Good morning to you too, hyung.”

“Not you,” Jo Kwon stuck out his tongue at the maknae, making him raise his hands in defense.

Needless to say, the members were very confused until Jo Kwon had finally broken down and told them that the two of them were a couple.

“But you’re so old!” Jinwoon exclaimed, completely perplexed as to why they would hook up.

Everyone rolled their eyes at the maknae and eventually congratulated the two of them, but on the flip-side, agreed not to tell JYP.

Weeks later, Shin Young was in the middle of cooking lunch when suddenly her eyes went wide and a nauseous feeling surged through her.

“BATHROOM!!” She screamed, pushing Changmin out of the way on her murderous charge towards the bathroom, where she barfed up everything she had eaten that day.

Jo Kwon, who was on his schedule, had a conniption when he heard about what happened, and demanded that she be taken to the doctor. He wasn’t satisfied, and wouldn’t hang up, until Changmin and Seulong took her to the local clinic to be checked.

After running tests the doctor came back with the results. Shin Young examined her fingernails nonchalantly; it couldn’t possibly be terrible news. Just some sort of 24-hour bug or something.

“Congratulations,” The doctor started with a smile. Shin Young looked up with eyebrows arched in question.

“I’m not sick?” She asks happily. The doctor laughs.

“No, no; you’re not sick. It’s quite the opposite. You’re pregnant.”

Shin Young’s eyes grew two sizes—they just about resembled American dinner plates now.  She looked over at Seulong and Changmin who stared at her incredulously.

“Y-You mean, there is s-something inside of m-me?” Her nervousness was hard to hide and gave her a stutter.  The doctor patted her stomach lightly with a nod. That about did it for her; she nearly fainted.

They bowed to the doctor and left the clinic awkwardly. The silence was deafening and it ate at Shin Young’s very soul.

I’ve lost their respect…they must think I’m some kind of now…Shin Young thought to herself, but suddenly it dawned on her.

Oh my god. Jo Kwon’s famous. He has fans. I’m dead meat. And I can’t even take care of a child. Oh I’m doomed!

The trio finally reached the car and Seulong sighed. Shin Young opened the car door to get in, but Seulong closed the door, stopping her in her tracks.

“Who’s the father?” Seulong stared at her intensely, leaning against the car door so she couldn’t escape. She bit her lip hesitantly and Changmin came from the other side of the car to stand next to Seulong.

“You’re not in trouble. We just want to know who he is,” Changmin added soothingly.

Shin Young’s bottom lip started quivering and she ran into Changmin’s open arms, “I’m sorry, I-I’ve disappointed you both!” She wailed and sobbed into Changmin’s chest as he pet her dark raven hair in a comforting manner.

Seulong clapped his hand on her shoulder and sighed, “We aren’t disappointed, now who is the father?”

Jo Kwon…” She muttered inaudibly into Changmin’s chest. Her hair stuck to her wet face, resembling a child being scolded as Changmin put her at arm’s length and asked her to repeat the name.

“Jo Kwon,” She repeated and looked towards the concrete of the parking lot. Seulong kicked the car’s front tire in frustration.

“I swear if that bastard hurt you in any way-,” Seulong stopped mid-sentence when he saw shin Young laughing.

“What’s so funny?” He asked unhappily. She shook her head ridiculously.

“I think…I think I love him Seulong….” She smiled and finally tore her gaze from the ground to look at the two men in front of her.

“So, he wasn’t just using you to satisfy himself-,”

“Stop there!” Seulong put his hand up to Changmin’s mouth to stop whatever sentence was about to leave it.

“Why don’t we have some faith in our leader and let’s see how he responds when Shin Young tells him the news tonight.” Seulong opened Shin Young’s car door for her and she climbed in numbly. How was he going to respond? Was he going to kick her out of the street? Only time will tell.

The dorm was extremely silent until Jo Kwon got home.

“Jagiya, I have news!!” He called happily as he walked through the door carrying grocery bags filled with all the items to make Shin Young’s favorite dish.

Shin Young chuckled nervously, “So do I.”

With a wave of his hand Jo Kwon rolled his eyes, “I doubt it’s as big as mine.” He smiled.

She inhaled deeply, “I highly doubt that.” Jo Kwon’s smile faded at the sight of his somber girlfriend. He dropped the bags and hopped over the couch she was sitting on and placed himself right next to her.

“You’re not breaking up with me? Not after everything we’ve been through! I mean, that would be awkward too considering how you live with us and OH GOD! There’s not another man is there?” He asked seriously, and then a murderous look spread across his face. He stood up in search of the maknae. “It’s not Jinwoon is it? I see the way he looks at you and-,”

“Jo Kwon, sit down please.” She rolled her eyes, “I’m not breaking up with you; far from it actually…” she trailed off. Jo Kwon just stared at her, urging her to go on.

“Jo Kwon…Kwonnie, uh…Jagiya, I’m pregnant.” She bit her lip, waiting for his response.

She didn’t open her eyes but felt his arms around her.

“I’m going to be a dad?” He asked when he put her at arm’s length.  She nodded and he kissed her happily, tears springing forth from his eyes.

“GUYS, I’M GONNA BE A DADDY!!!!” Jo Kwon screams, jumping over the couch and into the hallway, banging on doors and making as much ruckus as he could.

“I’m glad he took that well.” She shrugged and decided to rest for the rest of the evening.