Meeting You

As Fate Would Have It
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Minjeong rarely regrets her life decisions. Because she considers herself as a thinker who always think thoroughly, carefully, and wisely, before jumping into a conclusion and make her decision. 

 

But man, not today. 

 

She never regretted her life decision this much. 

 

All thanks to her so called best friend, Ningning. 

 

Why would she even agree to her (crazy) best friend’s (crazy) idea to ride Disco Pang Pang when she herself is literally a living form of a paper. She’s a human paper. Just like her mother. It’s in their genes they said. Aside from their pale white-flawless skin, small body and baby-like face that make them look like they never aged. 

 

“Ning.. Can I just watch you at the side?” Minjeong pleaded. “The ride looks scary.” She added with her tiny voice. 

 

“Whatttt? And I’ll play alone up there? No freaking way, Kim Minjeong! Nah uh. You’re going up there with me.” Ningning shook her head vigorously, strongly disliking the suggestion from her best friend. 

 

“B-but! Look at those people!” Minjeong warily pointed to their front. Even her index finger is slightly trembling as she did. “They are being thrown like rag dolls!”

 

“Tsk. That’s because they are weak. Just hold onto the railings behind your seat and everything will be fine. It will be fun! We just finished our hellish exam week. We need a way to release our stress. And this Disco Pang Pang will do the work.” Ningning happily grinned. 

 

“Ning.. before we continue this conversation any further, let’s go back to your first line first. Weak is my middle name. So I’ll ended up just like them. Or maybe worse for all I know!” Minjeong said in exasperation. 

 

“You won’t, buddy. I’ll hold you still. I’ll keep you safe. Trust me!” 

 

Minjeong sighed. Her best friend looks very sincere and convincing right now. She seems trustable(?)

 

“Okay. Fine.” Minjeong sighed in defeat. 

 

.

.

.

 

And yup, nothing is fine. 

 

Minjeong’s biggest regret in life is coming in form of trusting her so called best friend. 

 

Oh the irony. 

 

It was a big mistake for trusting her life in her dear friend’s hand. 

 

So much for trusting Ningning to hold her steady and keep her safe. 

 

Because the said girl is busy screaming from the top of her lungs as she herself is struggling hard to keep her own body on the seat. Barely can do so as she keeps on slipping off. 

 

While Minjeong?

 

She’s helplessly flailing in the air. Being the human paper she is. Like she predicted before, being thrown to here and there. 

 

And of course her best friend is in no place to save her as promised. 

 

“HIYAAAAAAKKK!” Ningning shamelessly screamed. Minjeong is internally facepalming herself out of secondhand embarrassment. 

 

The shaking is getting worse and Minjeong finally get completely thrown away as she’s totally losing her grip. 

 

“AAAHHH!” Minjeong screamed and closed her eyes tight, ready for the impact as she glides down. Prepare for the harsh-ugly bump that surely would cause some purplish bruises on her clear-pale skin. 

 

1 sec.. 2 secs.. 3 and *bruk*

 

Bam! The collision happened. But weirdly all she can feel is something soft and warm engulfing her. And it smells really nice too. 

 

The collision was not as hard and painful as she thought it would. 

 

She wonders why. 

 

Minjeong soon find the answer. 

 

Minjeong slowly opened her eyes and all she see is a long black hair covering her vision. 

 

Then the hair starts to move away and a very gorgeous-small face with sharp features appeared. And Minjeong’s breath hitched. 

 

“Are you alright?” The person asked with her low-husky feminine voice as she untangled herself from Minjeong and leaned back. But her hands still on Minjeong’s shoulder, securely anchoring her. 

 

“H-huh? I-I—Y-You—“ Minjeong can only stupidly blinked eyes and stuttered. Being the useless gay she is. 

 

While Minjeong is still busy forming actual words in her head whilst mumbling out some incoherent alien words, the girl who saved her from the ugly bump earlier slowly stands up and helps Minjeong to stands up as well by pulling her up. 

 

And Minjeong, being the human paper she is, can only lifelessly follow the pull as she whispered out her soft, “T-thanks.”

 

The girl yet again helped Minjeong to sit beside her. Despite all the turbulences and violent shaking, the girl managed to keep her balance almost effortlessly. 

 

Minjeong both adored and envied her for that. She looks pretty athletic too especially with the way she pulled Minjeong up easily earlier. Minjeong could tell how strong the girl is despite her lean body. 

 

While Minjeong.. currently she’s busy fighting for her dear life again, as she’s not so gracefully let out another series of obnoxious shrieks. 

 

The pretty girl on her left calmly hold onto the railing behind her, while Minjeong starts to lose her grip yet again. Her body shifted to her right, pushing her toward a man that seems to enjoy the body collision too much as he purposely squeezed himself more toward Minjeong.

 

Minjeong tried her best to distancing herself from that creepy man, but she can’t defy the gravity, can she? Her body is too weak to even put up some fight. The man smells bad too, like sweat and some bad odor and Minjeong tried her best not to puke. 

 

But suddenly Minjeong feels a strong grip on her left arm, and soon her body get pull back into her life saver’s strong arms. Minjeong finally can breathe again. Her life saver smells so nice. Like cotton candy. 

 

The girl is still holding onto the railing behind her with one hand, while her another hand is circling around Minjeong’s tiny waist, keeping her in place. 

 

“T-thanks.” Minjeong shyly squeaked out. Her heart is beating irregularly fast right now that she’s afraid she’ll get a heart attack. 

 

“You’re welcome. Sorry, do I make you feel uncomfortable? I’m afraid you’ll slip again if I let go.” The girl said, tentatively loosening her hold just to get pulled back by Minjeong’s hand. 

 

“O-oh no no! I mean, I’m not uncomfortable. Not at all. I’m totally okay. I’m the one who should say sorry. I’m being a burden now, aren’t I?” 

 

The girl gave Minjeong a soft smile, looking somehow amused before she softly shook her head. “No, it’s okay. You make this ride become more fun.” 

 

Before Minjeong can utter anything back, the girl spoke again. 

 

“And hold on tighter. The ride is going to get even bumpier.” The girl knowingly said, flashing Minjeong her charming-playful grin. 

 

And Minjeong gladly complied. Shamelessly clinging onto the girl tighter than necessary like she’s a reincarnation of a koala.

 

***

 

The ride finally came to an end. The girl starts to loosening her hold around Minjeong’s body before she completely let go, much to Minjeong’s disappointment. 

 

“M-my name is Minjeong!” Minjeong hastily said, stretching out her hand for a handshake, when she sees the girl stood up from her seat. Seems ready to leave. 

 

The girl looked at Minjeong’s stretched out hand and smiled. 

 

“Nice to meet you, Minjeong. I’m Jimin.” Jimin took Minjeong’s hand in hers and gave it a light squeeze. 

 

Oh ma gaah oh ma gaahh! Her hand is sooo soft, Minjeong inwardly fangirl-ed. 

 

“N-nice to meet you too, Jimin unnie. Once again thank you, for saving me.”

 

“Excuse me? How do you know I’m older than you? Do I look that old?” Jimin faked her hurt expression, but Minjeong can see the playful glint in the older girl’s beautiful sharp eyes. So Minjeong knows Jimin is just messing around with her. 

 

“Well, they said all pretty girl is an unnie.” Minjeong tried to teased the older back, try to play it cool, but her pinkish cheeks are betraying her. And if Jimin saw that, she’s being an angel by not bringing that up. 

 

Jimin chuckled. “Fine. I’ll be a pretty unnie then. You’re welcome, Minjeong. And sorry, though I enjoy your company, my friends are waiting for me. I have to take my leave. Bye and take care.” Jimin lightly tapped Minjeong’s shoulder and waved her goodbye. 

 

.

.

.

.

.

 

Day turned to days. 

 

And Minjeong is still broken hearted. 

 

She wished she can talk to Jimin longer that day. Or maybe even get her number. 

 

She didn’t even know her full name. 

If she knows, probably she can find Jimin in Instagram or something. 

 

Because she can’t stop thinking about the older girl for a whole week now. 

 

At first she thought it’s just a silly crush. And she’ll get over it in no time. 

 

But she was wrong. Because crush won’t hurt like this. Won’t linger this long. 

 

It hurts to remember that day because she regretted things she should have done but she didn’t. 

 

And now she doesn’t know when she will be able to meet Jimin again. Someone who stole her heart at the first sight. 

 

But as fate would have it, she finally meets Jimin again for the second time, a month after their first encounter. 

 

The situation was reversed this time. 

 

It was Jimin who needs help. Desperately needs it. 

 

And Minjeong was the one who offer to help the older. 

 

***

 

 

Minjeong was in a shopping mall with Ningning (again.)

 

Inside the mall, to celebrate the upcoming halloween day, there’s a newly opened haunted house that got quite a lot of people’s attention including Minjeong’s. 

 

Minjeong wanted so badly to try, while Ningning of course, tried her best to run away. 

 

But after Minjeong bringing up their last Disco Pang Pang ride that Ningning forced Minjeong to played with her, despite Minjeong’s strong protest and everything, Ningning finally half-heartedly agreed. 

 

Saying in every relationship, it’s all about take and give. About sacrifices. And this time, it’s Ning’s turn to be the sacrificial lamb.

 

They run into a group of young ladies who’s also queuing. 

 

Minjeong’s eyes widen in both of surprise and happiness as she recognized one of them. 

 

“Jimin, c’mon don’t be a ! The ghost inside there are all fake ghosts!” One girl with short hair said. 

 

“Shin Ryujin, I don’t care if they are real or not. They are still ghost in my eyes. So no, you guys go inside, I’ll wait here. Thank you.” Jimin tried to flee from the scene just to get pulled back by the same girl she talked earlier with. 

 

Despite being shorter than Jimin

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter