Nov 16 - Kwangya

Kaleidoscope

Cho Kyuhyun, 34 years old, is a normal CEO with no hope or dream. He lived his life like a programmed robot: waking up, going to work, going home, and sleeping. Many people said that his life was dull but he was satisfied with this stable lifestyle, nothing unpredictable.

 

 

Until he met a stranger named Yesung...

.

.

.

"Hello, handsome! Do you want to go to Kwangya?"

 

Kyuhyun frowned. While he was in a subway, a good-looking man dressed in a long sapphire blue coat and black trousers suddenly sat down beside him. The stranger had a long bang that perfectly framed his gorgeous oval face. The black fluffy hair swayed lightly when the man tilted his head and smiled at him.

 

"Do you want to go to Kwangya?"

"What is Kwangya?"

 

The stranger suddenly stood up and spun around with his arms spread, smiling brightly while explaining.

 

"Kwangya is a place to discover your lost self! Here, I'll give you a ticket! Just put it under your pillow and I'll take you there~"

"What? No—"

"My name is Yesung, at your service~"

 

The stranger named "Yesung " bowed gracefully at him before hopping out of the train at the next station. Kyuhyun blinked in utter confusion and observed the ticket. It was a rectangular, silver-colored ticket made of glossy art paper about the size of his palm. There was a drawing of a bullet train and the name "Kwangya" written in a futuristic font on the ticket. What kind of bull is this? Kyuhyun sneered and was about to tear it to pieces but the subway arrived at his station first. So, he shoved it in the coat pocket and just forgot about it...

.

.

.

.

Kyuhyun was putting away the coat on a hanger when something fell out of the pocket. He picked it up and realized that it was a mysterious ticket that he got from the stranger. He should have thrown it in a trash bin but Yesung's smile stopped him. In the end, he placed the ticket under the pillow just as the beautiful stranger said and went to sleep...

.

.

.

"Kyuhyun, wake up! The train to Kwangya will depart soon!"

"What..."

 

Kyuhyun woke up groggily but immediately became wide awake due to what he saw. There was a large bullet train floating in the air outside of the bedroom window. The doors were opened, revealing the interior of the train. Then, he almost lost his sanity at what he saw next. The stranger he met on the subway, Yesung, was smiling at him from the windowsill.

 

 

... While being in a mini size of a kitten.

 

 

"Yesung...?"

"Yep! I'm Yesung and I'll be your guide for tonight!"

 

Yesung beamed and floated to stop in front of him. The very small man who was still dressed in the same outfit tapped his nose and giggled.

 

"Hurry up! We must not be late!"

"What? Wait, where are we going? Who are you? What happened? Is this a dream?"

 

Amidst his non-stop barrage of questions, Yesung came to grasp his finger and tugged him to leave the bed. Those small hands barely enveloped his finger and Kyuhyun found himself chuckling. He followed the little Yesung onto the train and looked around curiously. The interior looked exactly like a typical subway with a row of blue seats, a few poles in every compartment, and blue handles above his head. However, there were only two of them boarding the train. While he was looking around, the doors closed and the train started moving. Yesung came to sit on his shoulder.

 

"First, we're going to the NCT Planet!"

"What do you mean? There's a planet with that name?"

 

Instead of answering, Yesung grinned and patted his cheek lightly...

 

*************************************************

 

"We've arrived at the NCT Planet, the land of youth!"

 

 

The train stopped somewhere in the middle of nowhere. When the doors opened, Kyuhyun came to see a planet of neon green. Geometric buildings and hologram trees decorated the land giving off a refreshing feeling, and making him feel like he had become a kid again. Yesung flew off from his shoulder to levitate before him, putting his arms behind his back. The miniature man smiled.

 

"Do you remember yourself when you were young?"

"Well... I was a polite and obedient kid, following everything my parents said."

"I see. Let's go!"

 

Yesung grasped his cuff and tried to pull him moving. His tiny hands slipped and he stumbled back in the air, unintentionally doing backflips. Kyuhyun laughed while hurriedly catching the poor guide in his hands. Yesung beamed sheepishly and stood up on his palm, putting his hand on his hip and pointing forward with the other hand. Kyuhyun followed his adorable guide's direction and arrived at a playground. Many miniature people just like Yesung were having fun playing together on the different rides. However, unlike Yesung, these tiny men had a pair of transparent wings on their backs which were decorated by neon green lines. What caught his attention was the size of the rides. Everything was a normal size even though the citizen of the planet was so small. Yesung jumped off his palm to cling to his thumb, urging him to head to the swings.

 

"Kyuhyun, do you want to play it?"

"No, I'm good."

"C'mon! You should try it! The thrill of getting higher and higher is sooo good!"

 

Yesung moved to stand on his shoulder and hugged his cheek, and Kyuhyun found himself unable to reject the mini-man. He bowed at the fairies with neon green wings who watched him excitedly, before sitting down on the swing. As soon as his bottom touched it, he felt so free and young. He kicked his feet off the ground, sending the swing moving.

 

"Higher! Kyuhyun, higher!"

 

Yesung shouted into his ear but he didn't dare to swing harder. Suddenly, he felt something push his back. He glanced over his shoulder and saw the little green fairies eagerly help push him higher, following Yesung's count. He gradually got higher and higher until he could almost touch the purple-green sky.

 

 

He stood in front of the playground entrance, watching the other children playing and laughing.

"Let's go, young master. It's time to attend the extra class."

He looked away and followed his butler into the car. 

 

 

"Woohoooooooo!"

"Yes! Shout louder, Kyuhyun!"

 

Kyuhyun laughed and shouted louder per Yesung's encouragement. Even the fairies behind him also cheered loudly. He let go of any self-restraint and kept swinging until he reached the sky.

 

*********************************************

 

"Next, we're going to the Red Velvet and Aespa Planet!"

 

 

Back on the train, Yesung explained lively while sitting on his knee. He poked the miniature man and wondered if Yesung grew bigger. Now, the man was about the size of a fat kitten. He picked up Yesung and threw him into the air. Yesung refused to play along and landed on his chest. The small guide pouted and hit his chest with that even smaller fist.

 

"Yah! No playing that! I hate heights!"

"Sorry."

 

He chuckled and put the angry kitten back on his lap, playing with the soft dark hair while staring out of the window. After passing a few asteroids, the train stopped in the middle of nowhere again. But when the white doors opened, he saw a planet of pastel-coral land and cyan-magenta aurora in the sky. The mixed and splashing colors everywhere gave him a feeling of hope and endless possibilities. Once again, Yesung flew before him while explaining the planet's characteristics.

 

"Welcome to the Red Velvet and Aespa Planet! This is the land of hope and dream where everything is possible!"

"Hope and dream..."

 

Kyuhyun murmured while looking around. Different sizes and shapes of buildings are scattered over the land, intersected by numerous giant candy canes and lollipops. There were many large screens on the buildings or the candies, showing different people from different careers smiling while doing their jobs. One of the screens was showing a chef making a dish and his gaze dimmed at the sight.

 

 

Kyuhyun smiled while looking at the paper in his hands— future career: a chef who makes people happy with tasty food.

"Sir, here are the business textbooks for the young master."

"Good. Put them in Kyuhyun's room. He needs to study harder to inherit my company."

Kyuhyun's smile disappeared. He took a look at the paper...

Before throwing it in a trash bin. 

 

 

"I know a perfect place for you, Kyuhyun! Hurry up!"

"Wait, Yesung, where are we going?"

"To the kitchen!"

 

Yesung led him into one of the futuristic buildings and they appeared in a large and clean kitchen. The small guide landed on the white counter and took off his shoes politely, causing Kyuhyun to laugh fondly. The barefoot mini-man then ran to him with wide-spread arms and a cute pout.

 

"Kyuhyun, we're hungry!"

"We?"

 

At the end of his question, a small head popped out from behind the counter, followed by many more... Nine heads. Nine different girls were staring at him curiously. All of them had a pair of transparent wings like the NCT fairies. However, five of them were painted with pastel-coral lines while the rest four were decorated with an aurora-liked gradient. He smiled warmly at them and the girls nodded back shyly.

 

"What do you want to eat?"

 

The nine fairies talked among themselves. Then, one of the pastel-wings girls came to whisper something to Yesung. The small guide nodded and beamed, before turning to him with sparkling eyes.

 

"Kyuhyun, do you know how to bake cookies?"

"I know but I never make one before..."

"It's okay! There's always first time for everything! Everyone!"

 

At Yesung's signal, the fairy girls smiled happily and flew off in different directions. Not long after that, the two aurora-winged fairies came back carrying a bag of flour while the other two carried a pack of eggs. Kyuhyun took the ingredients from the little fairies and almost stumbled back into the pastel fairies— one carrying (and almost dropping) a milk carton, one hugging a block of butter, one balancing a chocolate chip bag on her head, one carrying sugar, and one carrying a baking soda. He took everything from the fairy girls and thanked them. The girls beamed and fetched necessary kitchen utensils for him next. He looked around for Yesung and jumped a bit when something was dropped on his head.

 

"Kyuhyun, put on the apron! I'll help!"

 

Yesung eagerly helped put on the blue apron for him while the nine fairies carefully carried a jug of water. With everything ready, he told the little guide and the fairy girls to step aside. In less than an hour, freshly baked chocolate chip cookies were taken out of the oven. Kyuhyun snorted while washing his hands as he watched Yesung fan the cookies with a pot lid. Meanwhile, the nine fairies gathered around the plate and waited patiently. Kyuhyun dried his hands and smiled, watching Yesung break each cookie into bite-size before handing them out to the girls. However, Yesung himself didn't touch the cookies and kept handing them to the little fairies. In the end, Kyuhyun decided to feed his cute guide.

 

"Yesung, here,"

"Ahh!"

 

Yesung accepted the cookie but accidentally bit his finger. Kyuhyun strangely felt hot in the face when he felt a small tongue his finger, although the miniature man didn't seem to realize it. Yesung cutely opened his mouth and waited for more cookies. Shrugging off the weird feeling, he focused on feeding the little guide and smiled while watching everyone enjoy his cooking.

 

***********************************************

 

"How about a light exercise after the meal?"

"But I barely eat the cookies."

"Exercise is good for your health!"

 

 

Kyuhyun chuckled and nodded at everything his little guide said. They went on board after saying goodbye to the nine lively fairies. When Yesung settled down on his lap, he noticed that the mini-man had grown bigger again. Right now, Yesung was about the size of an adult long cat. Though he would like to call it a friend size, just perfectly right for cuddling. He squeezed the smaller man and nuzzled his nose in the silky hair, inhaling the scent of a homey cafe and ground coffee. He still had no idea who or what Yesung is, but he felt relaxed and contented being with Yesung... His heart even skipped when that small hand came to pat his cheek.

 

"Kyuhyun, we've arrived at the next destination— The Exo Planet!"

"Okay..."

 

Kyuhyun reluctantly stopped nuzzling the guide but still hugged the mini-man tightly. Yesung didn't mind it and they stepped out of the train into a planet of a cosmic-latte color. Unlike the past planets, there was no building here. Instead, there was a very tall metal mountain located in the middle of the land with a large, black wolf motif. It was surrounded by different poles, boxes, cliffs, slopes, rails, etc. The place looked like a giant free-climbing course with no walls. Yesung poked his neck to get his attention.

 

"This is the land of no limitation! There are a thousand ways to climb to the top! Feel free to find the one that you like or prefer the most!"

 

 

"Father, I want to apply to XXX university."

"Why?"

"...The nearby tteokbokki place is good."

"Ridiculous. You must go to the best and the most prestigious college only, for the face of our family."

"Understood..." 

 

 

"Actually, it's fine if you don't want to go to the top. We can laze around here and play with—"

"No, I'll go, but in my own accord."

 

Kyuhyun made up his mind and told Yesung to hold him tight, before starting to climb up a cliff. About one-fourth of its height, he changed his course and dropped down on a box to take a break. While his small guide tried to fan him with his small hand, a familiar fairy landed on the box with a portable fan in his hands. This fairy boy, too, had a pair of transparent wings adorned with a gentle swirling pattern of a latte color. Yesung beamed at the newcomer fairy and thanked him, before bringing the portable fan to his face.

 

"Kyuhyun, fighting! I'll support you to the end!"

"Thank you..."

 

After taking a short break, Kyuhyun resumed climbing. He switched from one cliff to another pole, sliding down a slope on a box to balance himself on a rail. It was no easy journey because he didn't know the path ahead. However, he was happy because he got to choose his own path. Plus...

 

"Kyuhyun, here, drink some water."

"Kyuhyun, let me wipe those sweats for you."

"Kyuhyun, do you want to take a break?"

"Kyuhyun, Kyuhyun, fighting!!"

 

Along the journey, Yesung kept a close eye on him and always checked on him. From time to time, the little enthusiastic fairies showed up with items to help him; be it a cool water bottle, an energy bar, an umbrella, or a handkerchief. Kyuhyun smirked. When one of the latte fairies brought a handkerchief, the innocent fairy boy was about to give it to him but Yesung suddenly snatched it and used it to wipe his face. Is Yesung jealous of the fairy?

 

"No, it's not what you think!"

"I didn't say anything yet."

"Kyuhyun, look!! The peak isn't far!"

 

Yesung blatantly changed the topic but he let it slide. He focused on climbing the last hurdle and pulled himself onto the top of the mountain...

 

"Welcome!!!"

 

Kyuhyun looked up and saw all the fairies that had helped him, welcoming him with a picnic. He grinned and nodded at them, before sitting down among the little fairies. His eyes lit up when Yesung confidently sat down on his lap. Even the latte mini fairies also smiled at the pouting guide.

 

"Come on, Yesung, isn't the moon beautiful?"

"...Yeah."

 

Yesung suddenly got flustered and avoided his eyes while the fairy boys grinned and whispered among themselves. Kyuhyun tilted his head, not knowing what happened. So, he continued to enjoy the beautiful night while pinching the chubby cheeks to his heart's content. Did he imagine it or Yesung's skin was a bit warmer?

 

****************************************

 

"Where are we going next?"

"A planet named Shinee! By the way, Kyuhyun?"

"Yes?"

"Can you put me down? I'm not small anymore so this feels a bit awkward..."

"What are you talking about? You're still a small guide in my eyes~"

 

 

Kyuhyun refused to let go of his guide. Right now, Yesung was as big as an elementary kid and he opted to walk instead of flying. He felt a bit sad that the little guide was no longer little and couldn't sit on his shoulder anymore. So, he decided to carry his adorable guide around. Yesung was so light that he barely felt any weight. Plus, the sight of flustered Yesung who was teased by the Exo fairies was very entertaining. Probably knowing what he was thinking, Yesung pouted and pulled his ear lightly.

 

"...The train is a free land so you can hold me as much as you want, but please refrain from doing so on the planets!! Especially the remaining ones!!"

"Why? You have no problem sitting on my lap not long ago."

"Because those guys are my juniors so they won't tease me much, but not the rest! You absolutely mustn't!"

"Understood. Let's go to the next planet."

 

Putting down the guide, they stepped through the opened doors into a planet of pear aqua green. Kyuhyun yelped when his feet touched nothing and he fell. He landed on something and almost had a heart attack, realizing that the platform he was on was upside down. He hugged the ground(?) in fear while trying to observe the surrounding. Nothing made sense on this planet. He saw a waterfall flowing in reverse, a stone falling down and bouncing back up, a tree growing horizontally on a vertical ground, and even a flying rainbow!!

 

"Kyuhyun, come here!"

 

He turned to where the voice came from and saw Yesung standing on a circular stone that was levitating.

 

"But what if I fell down!!?"

"Don't worry! This is a planet of revolutionary so no rules or laws apply here~ You can unleash your true self without any worries!"

 

 

"Kyuhyun, you have to take the daughter of the Seo Group to dinner tomorrow and treat her well. She'll be your fiancee after you graduate from college."

"Fiancee...? But, father..."

"What? Are you going to go against my order?"

But I like men...

He clenched his fists.

"Yes, father..." 

 

 

Kyuhyun braced himself, took a deep breath, and jumped. He couldn't feel the gravity so he focused on his guide and it worked. His body moved towards the black-haired little guy and landed beside him.

 

"Yesung—"

"Gotcha!!"

 

Suddenly, something soared past him and snatched Yesung into the air. He reached out to his little guide but it was too late. Four fairies with transparent wings adorned with light-green glitters were smiling mischievously while carrying Yesung by his coat collar like carrying a kitten. The green fairies smirked and addressed him one by one.

 

"Let's play hide and seek!"

"Can you find us?"

"Can you conquer your fear?"

"Are you strong enough to break the wall around yourself?"

 

With that said, the little fairies kidnapped his guide away. Kyuhyun gave chase but stopped when his feet almost slipped off the circular stone beneath. He looked down cautiously. He was so high in the air that he would definitely die if he fell. But if he didn't follow them, would they take Yesung away from him and end the journey here? No! He still wanted to explore more planets with Yesung!! Most importantly, didn't Yesung say that no rules are applied to this planet? Then...

Making up his mind, Kyuhyun walked off the ground he was standing into nothingness. Instead of falling, his feet stayed in the air as if there was an invisible platform. Because he believed so. He believed that he could step into the air and chase after the fairies. He believed that he could take his guide back! And nothing could stop him!! He kept running forward in the empty air and defied the norms: climbing up but falling down, leaping over a small gap but staying levitated, sliding down a slope but arriving at the top. He was nervous at first but slowly got used to it. In fact, he later dared to step out of the path and find a different way to chase the blue spot in the sky— his guide, Yesung. He felt so liberated to be able to choose his own path and didn't have to listen to anyone.

 

"Yesung!!"

"Kyuhyun!!"

 

When the guide was within his reach, Kyuhyun made a leap and snatched the mini-guide, taking him back from the Shinee fairies. Below them was a bottomless cliff of darkness but it didn't scare him. He smirked and looked at the black-haired man in his arms.

 

"I got you, Yesung."

 

Green glitters swirled around him and the little fairies came to carry him at his shoulders and legs, before carefully dropping him on a stone that was as soft as cotton. He sat up but refused to let Yesung go, smirking wider at the teasing smiles of the surrounding fairies. Yesung gave up struggling and resigned to getting teased by his juniors. Two of the four fairies were having the best time of their lives calling out the little guide's reddened face. Meanwhile, the other two fairies who were quieter carried a snack and drinks for them. Kyuhyun ate a sandwich to refill his energy and watched the peculiar yet charming surroundings pass by, cuddling the cuddly guide while playing with the squishy cheek.

 

 

He never knew that it felt this good to be yourself...

 

*************************************************

 

"You absolutely mustn't hold me in the next stop!!"

"Why? Do you hate it?"

"No, but my juniors, the residents of the SNSD Planet really like to tease me! I'm gonna get roasted to hell if they find out that I'm crushing on you!!"

"You have a crush on me?"

 

Yesung, whose size was around a middle schooler now, blushed and slapped his forehead after realizing his mistake. The (still) little guide also avoided his eyes and got up to stand by the doors. Kyuhyun smirked and approached the shorter man. He put his hands on the doors to cage the other man and watched those chubby cheeks slowly turned pink in amusement. Yesung pouted.

 

"My, aren't you quite bold now?"

"All those trips with you give me courage~"

"Really? Time to test it then."

"Huh? Yesung!!?"

 

 

Splash!

 

 

The doors were suddenly opened and Yesung fell backward off the train. He reached out to catch the small hand but failed. His little guide fell into a large body of water and everything became quiet. Kyuhyun was stunned as he watched the ripples on the water surface slowly spread out until there was none left. The water was very clear but he could only see his reflection on the still water. He couldn't gauge its depth no matter how hard he squinted his eyes. Well, so far he never got in any danger because Yesung or the planet fairies always protected him. Maybe the principle of every destination is the same? Inhaling deeply, he jumped into the boundless sea...

 

I can't breathe! 

 

Kyuhyun panicked when the enormous pressure crushed his body and he couldn't breathe. He got scared. Will he die here? What about his guide? What happened to Yesung? Should he go back to the train? But... He shook his head. No. He was tired of running away. He will face the difficulty even if he can't see where it will take him. Plus... He smiled when the image of a pouting guide appeared in his mind and calmed his panic. He stopped resisting and relaxed his body, letting himself fall deeper...

 

 

"Young master, it's time to attend the extra class."

No, he wanted to play with the other children.

 

"He needs study harder to inherit my company."

No, he wanted to be a chef.

 

"You must go to the best and the most prestigious college only, for the face of our family."

No, he wanted to go to that college near a tteokbokki restaurant.

 

"She'll be your fiancee after you graduate from college."

No, he liked men.

 

"Kyuhyun-ssi, would you please reconsider getting engaged to me? I like women, not men, I'm sorry."

Yes. He will cancel their engagement and follow his heart. Cooking. Being himself. Falling in love.

 

Yesung.

 

 

Just as Kyuhyun was about to lose consciousness, the pressure around him subsided and he could breathe freely. He opened his eyes and found out that he was enclosed in a pink bubble that protected him from the deep sea. He gingerly touched the bubble, afraid of bursting it, but it felt sturdy than he thought. Plus, it also felt warm and cozy to touch. He relaxed and leaned against the bubble, waiting for it to take him somewhere. However, fatigue overcame him and he fell asleep...

 

 

"Oppa, isn't he a bit too boring?"

"What are you talking about!? Kyuhyun is very fun and interesting!"

"His looks are so-so too. Donghae oppa is much more handsome."

"Well, no one can beat Donghae-ah in terms of looks but Kyuhyun is very handsome in my eyes!"

 

Kyuhyun woke up and realized that he was sleeping on Yesung's lap. His guide... grew bigger again... Right now, the black-haired man looked like a high schooler and he was extremely gorgeous. He forgot about where he was and just stared at the beautiful smile in awe...

 

"Impure thoughts! Begone!"

"Ouch!"

 

Something small hit his forehead and broke him out of his fantasy. Groaning, he saw a fairy girl glaring at him with her hands on her hips. The shape of her wings looked like a heart. It left a pink trail whenever the wings fluttered. He heard a giggle and looked up, and almost lost his vision seeing Yesung's radiant smile. Yesung called the fairy girl "Tiffany" and told her to give him a leeway. Tiffany pouted but listened to the guide, flying to sit on the guide's shoulder instead. That was when Kyuhyun noticed that there were other pink fairies with them, mostly holding onto Yesung.

 

"Not bad! It's not every day we meet someone who passes the test of bravery."

"And not every day we get to meet Yesung oppa's crush!"

"His future boyfriend!"

"Future husband!"

"Already a husband!"

"Guys!!!"

 

Yesung exclaimed incredulously at the fairies' teasing. Those chubby cheeks heating up were so cute that he couldn't help poking them, and he got a slap on his chest in return. Worth it though. Kyuhyun smirked and held the smaller hand, settling himself to watch the helpless Yesung getting teased to death by the fairy girls.

 

***********************************************

 

"Next station is the last one of our trip. We're going to Kwangya!"

"So, there really is a place named Kwangya? What kind of place is it?"

"You can say that it's our headquarter. It's where people who have found themselves and realize their dreams gather to help the others!"

"Huh? Then, you approach me for that reason?"

"I told you, didn't I? That I'm your guide~"

 

Right now, the said guide had finished growing up. Yesung's actual height was around his but due to his slender build, the black-haired man appeared smaller. Yesung smiled and gave him a thumb-up. Kyuhyun grabbed the little thumb and unclasped the smaller hand to completely envelope it. Their fun journey will end soon so he wants to memorize everything as much as possible about this peculiar guide; a man who suddenly barged into his life and showed him the new worlds. He didn't want to his guide to leave yet... It was too soon to say that he fell for the black-haired man but he admitted that Yesung caught his interest. It would be wonderful if they could get to know each other more.

 

"Yesung, will we meet again after everything?"

"That depends on your final assessment and your determination after that."

"What do you mean?"

"You'll see it soon~"

 

Grinning suspiciously, Jongwoon stood up and offered him a hand. Kyuhyun grasped the cute smaller hand and got up too while a cheerful male voice's announcement echoed within the white-blue train.

 

"Dear passenger, we've arrived at Kwangya. Thank you for choosing Super Junior. We hope to see you again somewhere!"

 

The doors were opened. What awaited him was the inside of a normal office building, though the pink-purple color scheme and various holographic decorations indicated how advanced this place is. Kyuhyun followed the guide while looking around curiously. They were in a large hallway that led them somewhere. Along the way, numerous holograms of people of various occupations caught his attention— idols, designers, policemen, teachers, engineers, artists, dancers, househusbands, even businessmen like him. What surprised him was the face of these people.

 

"Yesung, these people are..."

"You've a sharp eyes and great memory! Yes, they are the fairies we've met so far. Didn't I say that this is our headquarter?"

"Then, this place is?"

"Hall of Fame. Pun intended."

 

Yesung chuckled at the name while they stopped in front of a door. The smaller man smiled and spread his hand toward the automatic glass door.

 

"From this point onward, you have to go alone. Kyuhyun, fighting!!"

"Will we meet again?"

"Honestly, I don't know. It really depends on what happened behind this door, though I hope so."

 

The door was open and revealed a vast meeting room. Yesung nodded at him and turned around to leave. He wanted to stop Yesung but pulled back his hand. They will meet again after this. So, he should believe in his guide and faced whatever waiting for him in the room. Kyuhyun walked in confidently and sat down on a sole floating chair, reclining his body and marveling at its softness.

 

"Cho Kyuhyun, I presume?"

 

He sat up properly after hearing the voice. Two holograms appeared in the air and greeted him, and he instantly recognized them— Kangta and BOA, the king of singing and the dancing queen.

 

"What happened here? Why am I chosen? What exactly is Kwangya?"

"We help people who aren't satisfied with their lives to realize their true selfs and dreams. Kwangya is a place as such."

"Cho Kyuhyun, your soul called out very strongly for help so, after sending our agent to observe you, we decide to show you the whole new world."

""Your potential and what you could do.""

 

BOA explained first, followed by Kangta, while he nodded quietly, absorbing the information.

 

"Wait, your agent? Do you mean my guide, Yesung?"

"That's right. Our kind-hearted Yesung noticed your suffering so he volunteered to be your guide."

"Although we don't normally allow guiding for an ulterior motive, Yesung's crush on you is sincere and he's very responsible so we let him have his fun."

 

The dancing queen giggled after revealing the truth. Kyuhyun was confused and stunned. Yesung had been observing him? Since when? For how long? How come he couldn't remember meeting Yesung? Especially when the guide is exactly his type! Probably noticing his thoughts, Kangta smiled kindly and elaborated.

 

"If you had looked up and around yourself instead of keeping your head down due to other people's expectation, you'd have realized that the world is more beautiful than you thought and there are people who are worried about you."

"So? Why don't you share us what you learned from the trips?"

"...I discovered my long-lost dream and passion."

""What is your dream?""

"I want to be a chef and open my own restaurant. I want to make people happy with my cooking."

 

Kyuhyun stared at the two legendary figures and said the next sentence with a slight smugness.

 

"And I want to chase Yesung."

 

BOA and Kangta laughed at his confident declaration, though neither of them seemed surprised. The two figures smiled warmly.

 

"We've seen your heart. May your passion come true, Cho Kyuhyun."

"You can leave now. Yesung-ah is probably waiting for you."

 

Although he still didn't understand what happened, he bowed at them and left through the same door he entered. However, it took him to a large reception decorated in loyalty-red color. Yesung who was chatting with two men noticed his arrival and waved enthusiastically, causing the two men to also look at him. Kyuhyun was surprised to see a familiar face among the two men, his best friend Changmin.

 

"Kyuhyun, I know you'll make it!"

"Changmin? Why are you here?"

"I, along with Yunho hyung here, are a part of the TVXQ Planet that represents perseverance but you already have that so we didn't meet. You're here meaning that you passed the test, right? Congrats!"

"It also means time to go home, Kyuhyun."

 

Yesung tugged his arm and bid farewell to Yunho and Changmin. Kyuhyun felt relieved to see a familiar face. At least he knew who to seek if he had any questions. He followed his guide and didn't bat an eye when the other side of the door was the train.

 

"Kyuhyun, can I have your ticket?"

 

He didn't remember taking it with him but he somehow had it in the coat pocket. He handed the silver ticket to the shorter man and Yesung clipped it into a star shape in the middle, before returning it. The black-haired guide's smile seemed a bit lonely.

 

"My duty ends here. Farewell, Kyuhyun, I hope you'll only find happiness afterward."

"What? You're not coming with me?"

"No, I've already guided you to Kwangya. The rest is up to you. You can do it. Fighting!"

"Yesung—"

 

Kyuhyun didn't get to say anything more because the doors suddenly snapped shut. Then, he strangely felt very sleepy to the point of stumbling onto the seat. The train slowly took off and he barely made out the image of his guide who was waving at him. He extended his hand toward the other man...

 

"Yesung..."

 

And he fell asleep...

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

Kyuhyun woke up at the sound of his alarm clock. He got up groggily, trying to remember what happened. Why did he feel so contented and refreshed as if he was reborn? However, he couldn't remember anything even though he had a feeling that he just had a wonderful dream.

 

 

So wonderful that he wanted to do something for himself and start anew.

 

 

"Hello, please make an appointment with my father. I have something to discuss with him."

.

.

.

.

Kyuhyun came home with a big and proud smile. He finally convinced his father to find a new CEO while he retired and started his own restaurants. Well, his father wasn't fully convinced yet. He had to make the business successful in two years or else he had to give up. But he believed in himself and his passion. Plus, Yesung will surely cheer for him no matter where the cute guide is!

 

Yesung?

 

A familiar yet unfamiliar name confused him. Who is Yesung? Why does a mere thought of this person make him so happy? At the same time, he felt a strange tug at his hand guiding him to the pillow. He felt his hand under the pillow and caught something— a silver ticket that was clipped in the middle into a star shape. With his eyes widened, Kyuhyun immediately dialed someone.

 

"Changmin!!! I don't care what you're doing now, hurry up and come to my house!!"

.

.

.

.

.

One year later...

 

 

"Thank you for coming!"

 

Jongwoon smiled and bowed at the customer and watched them leave his cafe. It's finally time to close the cafe. He stretched and grabbed a broom to sweep the place. That was when a wind chime above the door rang, signaling the arrival of someone. He notified the customer without turning to to look.

 

"Excuse me, the cafe is closed now."

"But I have a business proposal to offer. Do you want to become my partner and merge our businesses?"

 

A familiar teasing voice with a hint of joy stopped his hands completely. Jongwoon turned around and almost forgot to breathe when he saw a charming brown-haired man standing by the door. Before he got to look at the other man fully, he was pulled into a bear hug first. Then, a smooth and warm voice greeted him.

 

"Found you, Yesung... Or should I call you Jongwoon?"

"Eh!? Kyuhyun!!? How!!?"

"I basically strangled Changmin to get your information. Do you know how annoyed I was when I found out that guides are prohibited from meeting their passenger? Unless the passenger has already accomplished their goal which I did."

"Wait, are you telling me that you resigned from CEO, cancelled the engagement, started a new business, and made it flourished all in a year!!?"

"I actually think it's too slow. I want to meet you sooner, Jongwoon..."

 

Kyuhyun pouted after stepping back, though he still held the cafe owner's hands. Staring at Jongwoon's surprised but happy expression, Kyuhyun's smile softened.

 

"You're the kind barista who always serves me a cup of hot chocolate when I have a light brunch here... We were so close but I never noticed you... All because I kept looking down at my laptop..."

 

Kyuhyun caressed the chubby cheek that he missed so dearly while the smaller man leaned into his touch. Jongwoon nuzzled the large palm and held the gentle gaze.

 

"You always look so tired, busy, and unhappy, so I want to do something for you..."

"Thank you, sincerely, I found myself again because of you. From now on, we'll have a loooooot of chances to get to know each other more and fall in love~"

"Are you talking about our joint business?"

"That, and the dual guide~"

"I see— Wait what!!?"

"I heard about dual guide from Changmin, that Senior Hyukjae and Senior Donghae work together. So, I apply for the Super Junior crew and I'll be your partner guide from now on~ I'm still new in this Kwangya thingy so please take care of me!"

"Are you sure about it, Kyuhyun? Only our team can travel across the planets and guide people to their appropriate destinations. Is that really what you want to do?"

"Aside from becoming a chef? Of course! You inspired me, Jongwoon. I want to help other people find their lost selves too. Traveling to different planets is also interesting... Not to say that there's some planet I'd like to explore that I didn't have a chance to yet..."

"Huh? Which one? Oh, the TVXQ Planet, right? After all, you didn't visit it last time."

 

Kyuhyun smirked. He put his hand on the small of Jongwoon's back and pulled him closer, before whispering in the shorter man's ear.

 

"I'd like to explore the Yesung Planet..."

 

Kyuhyun burst out laughing as he watched the cute cafe owner digest his innuendo, and turned bright red once he understood it.

 

"Yah! So you're actually a ert under that serious facade!!?"

"Yep~ That's why you have to take responsibility for waking up my true self~"

 

Kyuhyun hugged the flustered man before those adorable small hands got him. After living in his father's shadow for more than thirty years, he finally found his own path and happiness with the person who made his heart dance in joy.

 

 

 

From now on, he will work hard to help the other people who might be in the same boat as him and guide them to Kwangya.

 

 

 

A place where you find your lost self.

 

************************************************

 

Author's note:

SM should pay me for advertising Kwangya lol. I don't want money but it'd be awesome if we got another kyusung during SM Town xD

Anyway, head up. Sorry but there won't be any update tomorrow 🥲 Or day after tomorrow or after that... I do have some idea but I don't have time to write...

I'll do my best and update later once I'm done!

 

Take care and love you!  <3