chapter one: fifth day

diamante

 

Kim Minjoo was just your simple average girl, living an average life. There was nothing really special about her, she thought. For the past eighteen years, she never really had an exciting life. Everything was just average, and simple for her. And to be honest, Minjoo would rather keep it that way. The only memorable thing that happened in her life when she was in second year middle school, she won her school’s beauty contest. It was horrifying because all of sudden, everyone’s attention was on her.

 

She had gotten used to a simple life where no one really paid attention to her so that situation freaked her out that she had to stay on low profile for a year to lessen the attention.

 

Minjoo loved to keep it that way, she was used to this kind of life already and she was content. It was peaceful, quiet, and full of simplicity.

 

And so, when she was offered a full scholarship in a prestigious, private all-girls school — she knew that her life would be less dull yet less peaceful. It was bound to happen, really. But Minjoo planned not to blend in, for sure, people there were out of her level anyway.

 

Diamond All-Girls School was one of the most popular schools located in Gangnam. It was highly prestigious, and the most successful, prolific women in South Korea came from that school. It was dubbed as every girl’s dream school because of the quality of education there, and there would be no gender discrimination since only women could attend.

 

The school was exclusive and reputable. And even until now, Minjoo couldn’t believe that she got into that school — with full scholarship too. She couldn’t afford to attend that school anyway without the scholarship because the tuition could already make one’s jaw drop but it wasn’t surprising anymore because of how noble that school was. As if every girl that attended that school was treated like a princess.

 

Only filthy rich women who came from powerful families could enter — be it with brains or not, as long as you have money to pay for everything then you were in, as long as you have power and connections, you could attend. They also take the ‘gifted’ women. Only a few selected women who did not come from wealthy and known families could attend — including Minjoo. They were lucky enough to get sponsored by someone who was in a high position in the school.

 

As for Minjoo’s case; it was a really funny encounter. She wasn’t too smart to ace those scholarship exams or anything. Alright, she was intelligent and diligent but she knew that her intellect wouldn’t be able to compare to the scary topnotchers.

 

Minjoo just managed to get a full scholarship because she saved someone’s life. And coincidentally, that certain someone was one of the most important figures in the school — Kwon Eunbi. The principal and one of the executives.

 

Minjoo was working part-time in this chicken restaurant in the evening. It was a summer job and she was happy to work because she could get extra income. She was saving anyway since next school year, she was already a senior. It was past ten in the night already, and Minjoo was cleaning and closing up the place when she was tangled up in that certain commotion.

 

The woman was sweeping the floor, and putting the smaller trash and dust to the dustpan. She went out to throw it away when she saw a woman walking by, and a black van suddenly came to a halt in front of the restaurant.

 

Suddenly, the door was opened wide and two figures in black with their faces covered with masks rushed to the walking woman then suddenly grabbed her.

 

The surprised screech alerted Minjoo, and immediately looked at what was happening — eyes widening in shock and fear as she saw a woman shouting as she got dragged by two figures, taking her forcefully to the van.

 

Fortunately enough, Minjoo knew how to fight. Her mother enrolled her before in self-defense classes when there was kidnapping rumors in their hometown so Minjoo knew a one or two on how to strike and attack people.

 

Her instinct kicked in, and used the broom as the weapon.

 

Look, this wasn’t her first time fighting. She kicked some bullies’ asses before in middle school so she wasn’t really a stranger. She knew that this was a dangerous situation but her righteous side couldn’t just bear to see this woman get kidnapped while she just watched in horror.

 

Minjoo was known for her soft heart anyway.

 

“Hey, you ers!” Minjoo shouted to get their attention.

 

So, with her broom, she took the two men easily. Surprisingly, they were immediately knocked out cold on the floor after one hit each on their heads. Some concerned citizens also saw what was happening and immediately called the police.

 

The van took off though, surrendering after the two comrades got knocked off with a broom and it would be risky if he would still get out because there were a lot of people eyeing the situation already.

 

And so, Eunbi was saved from getting kidnapped. The woman was so grateful to the point she offered Minjoo a full scholarship in the school where she was working at. Also, Eunbi would sponsor her another scholarship once Minjoo finally chose the university she wanted to attend in college.

 

It was dizzying, really. She never expected that her life would turn out like that after saving someone. She was just happy enough that she helped someone but Eunbi took everything to the next level. Minjoo tried to refuse but Eunbi insisted, telling her that she had already discussed it with her parents.

 

Minjoo was not thick-faced, after all.

 

And it was such a hassle to transfer. It was her last year in high school too. So she was reluctant to leave.

 

However, her parents were delighted over the full scholarship. Who wouldn’t want for their daughter to enter Diamond All-Girls School, after all? Any university will gladly take Minjoo in a heartbeat once they see that in her application, that she came from that school. They were lucky enough that someone kind as Eunbi gave that offer as an exchange.

 

And so, without much choice, for her parents’ happiness. She took the kind woman’s offer and Eunbi was very delighted — she even personally took care of everything and even gave Minjoo three sets of uniforms for her to use.

 

She was glad because Jesus Christ — Minjoo checked the price of the uniform and it was almost like her father’s annual salary. The high quality blazer of the school alone needed for Minjoo to work her off for months to be able to afford one.

 

Everything was on Eunbi except for her allowance. Eunbi also gave her sets of books that she would need, and other high quality school supplies. The woman actually tried to offer to give her a monthly allowance but of course, Minjoo rejected it. It was too much already, anyway.

 

Yuri, Minjoo’s close friend, almost fainted upon hearing what Minjoo had said. It was too good to be true after all but Yuri pushed her to grab the opportunity, it was like finding gold on the streets. Well, not like she could do anything about it. It looked like Eunbi was willing to kick her out from her current highschool just so she could attend Diamond. She also had no heart to refuse her parents who were so delighted, she wouldn’t want to break their hearts.

 

As she and Yuri bumped their milk yogurt to one another like they were alcoholic beverages for a cheer, the latter murmured, “Don’t you dare forget me because you met other friends who are much richer, sassier, and classier than me!” She said, which made Minjoo laugh.

 

“I have no plans befriending people there anyway,” Minjoo answered softly, taking a sip from her yogurt while Yuri gave her a look. “Not that I want to be lowkey or anything, I don’t want to look like a loner either but… I think I am not on their level so it’ll be embarrassing to involve myself with such girls. They won’t even want to do anything with an aloof poor introvert like me.”

 

Yuri rolled her eyes playfully, hugging Minjoo on her shoulders. “Geez,” She exclaimed and took a loud sip from her drink before adding, “I know you’re a loyal friend but I also want you to have school friends or something. I don’t want you to be a huge lonely loser that hides in the library because you have no one to talk to!” Minjoo just gave her an unamused look.

 

Minjoo heard a lot of rumors anyway. That Diamond All-Girls School was full of y women, which wasn’t surprising. Most spoiled brats went there, they might be classy and gorgeous but it wouldn’t be too surprising if their attitudes were rotten. Money, power, beauty — they got them. They, for sure, wouldn’t want to be near Minjoo who just got in because she kicked some asses.

 

She was already intimidated, actually. She wouldn’t want to deal with people who were just… above her level. Rich people could be a menace often, and they usually think they run the society or some . Minjoo was scared less she might come across girls who thought they were the princesses of the whole world or something.

 

Those ‘es’ could be pretty mean and Minjoo was worried she might be a new target for them.

 

And so, it was pretty much decided that Minjoo would love to stay away from the women in that school. She would stay lowkey and unknown for a year, away from everyone’s sight and would be hiding in the library like Yuri had just said. It was for the better anyway. She wouldn’t want any drama or issue, all she wanted was peace and quiet. All she wanted was for a year to pass by like a breeze without any problem, and then Minjoo would graduate — Eunbi and her parents would be happy, then she would get to choose her own university from then on.

 

It was a good plan, actually! She would just do her thing like she usually did: lowkey, hide, be unknown.

 

As she said, not like people would want to do anything with her there unless they pick on her, which she hoped she wouldn’t get because she was different from them. Because she had nothing to be proud of. Her family name, her life, her overall existence was nowhere near to be bragged because they were all just simple and nothing special which was not bad. Being not too special wasn’t bad anyway.

 

She just needed to be invincible in an ocean of filthy rich crowds that was beyond her level.

 

///

 

First days were one of the worst, Minjoo would like to think.

 

Alright, first of all, she was awfully nervous that she didn’t even manage to get enough sleep last night. She had a lot of worries, and even though her things were already perfectly prepared on her study table — she would get up from her bed just to check and arrange them again until she was satisfied, until she was dissatisfied again.

 

She knew she shouldn’t care but reality came crashing down like a truck that lost its break. Thousands of possibilities started to appear in her head, and she was restless because of the worries. She had to bother Yuri at midnight just to rant but at some point, her friend fell asleep snoring while she vented her heart’s out.

 

She stared at herself in the mirror. The uniform was a little bit uncomfortable to her, very warm. Whenever she would think of the full cost of her uniform, she just wanted to tiptoe carefully around because she didn’t want for these clothes to be tainted even with little dust! It was crazy expensive. She could buy tons of normal clothes with the dark blue blazer alone.

 

The uniform looked beautiful on her, as if she really fitted, as if she really belonged to Diamond All-Girls school.

 

A white button up with an embroidered patch of the school’s logo at the pocket, a red tie then dark blue blazer with white stripes on the edge of the collar — a small pin badge of the school’s logo attached on the right side near the collar and another smaller badge akin to diamond with red tint so people would know that she was in senior year. Red skirt with black thin stripes that reached above her knees, white high socks, and her newly bought black leathered shoes.

 

Her long hair was down, cascading past her shoulders like waterfalls — she did not wear any make-up, just lip-gloss then powered her face. She wasn’t really much of a make-up fan and would love to keep things natural. Not like she was against girls who loved to wear make-up! She just preferred it that way because she felt uncomfy and itchy.

 

She looked fine, actually. Thank goodness she was blessed with little good looks! She did not look like she used to work in a chicken place so she could have extra income.

 

But still, she felt off knowing that she would be with classy women. Would she stick out like a sore thumb if she would go there like this?

 

Ah, god, whatever — she needed to eat breakfast now and catch the bus soon. She needed to be extra early because here was the thing… she never even stepped inside the school premises! Eunbi just personally went here to deliver the papers for her and her parents to sign, and a worker delivered the other stuff that Minjoo needed.

 

She addressed the issue to the woman and Eunbi just laughed at her, telling her; “Just be a little bit early on the first day and you’re good to go. Someone will come up to you and help you.” And so, Minjoo just shrugged and would just see things on her own then.

 

With a sigh, Minjoo finally took her bag with her then closed the lights of her room before going to the kitchen. Her little family was already there, her father and mother, and her little cousin which she already considered as her younger sister since her parents practically raised and adopted her.

 

Her parents looked very delighted upon seeing her, gushing over her in uniform and Minjoo could just throw a sweet smile at them before sitting down on the table after giving Minseo a kiss on the forehead. The latter giggled, and tried to feed her a slice of banana.

 

“Your aunties won’t even believe us when I relayed them the news that you’re going to attend Diamond,” Her mom chirped, placing a nicely cooked sunny side up egg on top of her kimchi fried rice. The Kim patriarch just laughed, closing down his newspaper — his eyes looked much brighter than usual.

 

Throughout the hearty breakfast, Minjoo would only just nod and smile then feed Minseo even though the seven year old could already eat on her own and had food in front of her. Minseo helped her calm her nerves down because she was really getting nervous as time ticked.

 

It was unusual for Minjoo to act like this so she tried her best to conceal her anxiety. Minjoo was normally a laid-back, ‘come what may’ person so it was unlikely for her to worry about things like this. In the end, she would need to deal with everything anyway.

 

After eating, she finally rushed down to the nearest bus station. She caught the bus and sat down on the vacant seat. The school was about fifteen minutes away from their house but she got enough time anyway.

 

She ignored everyone else and listened to music using her wired earphones, resting her elbow to the edge of the window then propped her chin on her palm as she looked outside. There were curious gazes from the other side of the bus, and Minjoo knew who was staring at her. They were the students of the nearby highschool, they looked very amazed upon seeing someone who was wearing the uniform of Diamond, it may seem.

 

Christ, she should’ve seen it coming. Of course, she would garner attention because she was wearing the school uniform of that highly prestigious school, dubbed as the school of the princesses.

 

Now, now — they must be wondering why one of the students of that famous school was riding the same bus as them. It must be unlikely to see someone who came from Diamond to ride a public transport like this, where you needed to ride with other people and not riding a high-end car like Rolls Royce.

 

Well, Minjoo couldn’t blame them for gaping and for being amused but Minjoo felt so freaking uncomfortable having nosy eyes on her. She really hated it, their gazes burn her. As if there was a crawling sensation that she could feel on her skin. It was extremely uncomfortable. All she could do was to bow her head a little, letting her long hair cover her face.

 

She didn’t even notice that those same highschool students took pictures of her already, sending to their group chats, and bragging that they met a ‘princess’ in the same bus.

 

Once Minjoo reached her stop, she ran for the exit immediately before the students could even approach her because she could feel it, oh, she could freaking feel it — they were about to corner her anytime soon for interrogation, most likely.

 

She puffed out a breath of relief once she was out of that bus then adjusted the strap of her backpack, making her way to the side-walk. There were some passersby who would throw her some glances but most people just minded their own businesses.

 

Until finally, Minjoo reached the school gates of the famous Diamond All-Girls School. The school gates were nothing much of a special though it was gallant. The gates were open, and there were no students entering it yet. So, with hesitant steps, Minjoo went inside.

 

Four steps in, a figure came unannounced, blocking her sight and surprising her to the core. She let out a shocked yelp, taking a few steps backwards, eyes wide.

 

“Oops, sorry,” The girl apologized, smiling at her with the brightest grin ever. “Did I surprise you? Didn’t mean to.” She continued on.

 

Minjoo scanned her from head to toe. The woman was wearing the same uniform as her but she had this unfamiliar little badge on the side and she had a blue diamond so she must be in junior year (Minjoo did a little research over a week ago so she would at least know the basics, Eunbi gave her a short guide book too so she wouldn’t feel too lost). She was pretty and adorable, like she would never ever harm a fly — her grin was so sweet and bright that Minjoo almost had to squint her eyes because of its brightness.

 

“You must be Kim Minjoo, right?” The girl then asked when Minjoo just blinked and stared at her as if she was a ghost. She waved her hand off as if she said something silly, “Ah, of course. I’m not mistaken, you’re definitely the transferee! Can’t be wrong. You’re a new face, and you entered the school without a car.” She chirped, giggling.

 

Minjoo just nodded then bowed a little to clarify but was mildly confused at what the woman was implying with the last part. She just ignored it because the girl in front of her did not mean it in a negative way. And it was the truth anyway.

 

Taking a deep breath, Minjoo composed herself. She could already feel how different these women were from her by one statement.

 

“Oh, you must be wondering who I am! Silly me for almost forgetting to introduce myself,” The girl talked to herself, smacking her own head lightly then bowed back to Minjoo. “Hello, I’m Hong Eunchae. A junior, so technically you’re my sunbae even though you’re new here. I’m a member of the welcoming committee and I’m here to guide you to Principal Kwon’s office.” introduced Eunchae.

 

Minjoo smiled back at Eunchae, she seemed pretty harmless. She was happy that this woman was welcoming and bright. She had a little hope now that every girl in this school was like her. She looked rich, and that typical snobby it girl yet she was bright and chirpy! Friendly too, making Minjoo feel comfortable in her presence.

 

Maybe, the rumors weren’t true after all! Minjoo was happy to be proved wrong.

 

The new senior followed Eunchae like a puppy, walking at the side walk, and there were cars that were passing by now. Minjoo’s eyes would follow it sometimes but her gaze would usually roam around the neatly trimmed bushes and trees.

 

By the time they reached the school grounds, Minjoo’s legs were burning. She huffed out a breath, wiping the sweat away that was forming on her forehead. God, no wonder there was no student that would willingly walk!

 

Eunchae turned to her with her signature gummy smile, gesturing to the school in front of them, she looked like she did not even break into a sweat after all of that walk and remained shining.

 

“Welcome to Diamond, dear new Gem!”

 

Minjoo looked ahead of her, and she stifled a gasp because holy ? Now, that was a freaking epitome of royal school. Her eyes were wide and surprised at how lavish the exterior of the palace-like buildings in front of her, for sure, the interior would be even more grand. Minjoo was amazed and intimidated at the same time — she could feel it, she could feel the tremble in the tip of her toes and fingers.

 

She doesn’t belong here.

 

A common girl like Minjoo wasn’t supposed to be welcomed here. She wouldn’t be able to fit in. Just seeing how beautiful this campus was, this was just out of her level. Sure, it was a little bit smaller than usual universities out there and the women who attended this school were just around five hundred: elementary, middle school, high school students. But they were highly powerful and it would be rare to bump into a once in a blue moon scholar.

 

There was a huge fountain in the center, flowers, plants, and trees were practically around which made the area refreshing. And the luxury cars would drop off their young ladies by the beautiful archway that would lead to the buildings itself. The school is named Diamond for a lot of obvious reasons.

 

Minjoo was gaping, and was ajar as Eunchae encouraged her to continue walking until they entered the archway then fully entered the main school grounds. Minjoo saw other elite girls scattered around the campus already. At the left side, there was this area where students could chill and study — there were tables and chairs, and some girls were occupying them, having their morning gossip. Some girls even glanced at their direction, curiosity written in their eyes as they looked at Minjoo.

 

That made Minjoo shiver, geez, these girls might be the daughters of some millionaires in this country. She immediately looked away, focusing on Eunchae’s back as the latter kept blabbering about the school but Minjoo couldn’t comprehend her words much.

 

And when they stepped inside the building, Minjoo was really awe-struck because it was even more lavish. It felt like she was inside a five star hotel or something. Female students were scattered but not many, it was still early for classes after all. Some that were lingering around the locker area were scanning Minjoo head to toe, curious at the new face.

 

Minjoo just realized how beautiful and elegant these women were. So far, the girls that she was seeing were all equally gorgeous, screamed ‘wealthy’. Minjoo wouldn’t even want to go the same way as them because their aura was just simply intimidating, as if they would roll their eyes and flip their hair if they ever bumped into her. Minjoo was scared less that they would give her attitude for existing. They just all gave off the vibe.

 

Minjoo pursed her lips together, suppressing a sigh. As she expected, the students here were out of her league. She was a peasant in the sea of princesses.

 

As they walked to Principal Kwon’s office, Minjoo observed around — she was even scared to touch the railing when they walked up to the stairs that looked like in those movies where actresses would have their grand entrance or . Everything was just simply elegant and expensive in that school. Yuri would be jealous as hell once she told her about what she was seeing so far.

 

They reached Principal Kwon’s office soon and Eunchae gave her one last grin, “My job here is done! Welcome to Diamond again, Minjoo-sunbae!” She exclaimed happily. She was just genuinely happy and Minjoo felt drained already just seeing how bright this girl’s energy was.

 

“Please call me Minjoo-unnie,” Minjoo softly instructed then tilted her head in confusion, “Your job here is done? Oh, you’re not going to tour me further…?” asked the woman, voice trailing off.

 

“Nope!” Eunchae giggled, and pointed at Principal Eunbi’s door. “My task is to meet you at the gate and guide you to Principal Kwon because I’m always an early bird, they said. Another member of the welcoming committee will be touring you around soon.” answered the girl then encouraged her to enter Eunbi’s office already because she was waiting for her arrival.

 

With that, Eunchae finally bid her goodbye, waving at Minjoo as she walked backwards while still wearing her usual grin. “I hope you will have a fun experience here in Diamond, Minjoo-unnie!”

 

Minjoo entered Eunbi’s office after knocking and getting the latter’s permission. The office was spacious and it had her own entertainment room but it wasn’t lavish like she had expected. It was just simple, with a leather couch, desk, and bookshelves.

 

Eunbi was sitting behind the desk, wearing a smile as she watched Minjoo come in and happily gestured to her to sit down.

 

“So… how’s Diamond? Is it for your liking?” Eunbi chirped, taking off her glasses. She was wearing the typical outfit of a principal but for sure, the quality of the material of that simple outfit cost a fortune.

 

Minjoo gave her a look, a pointed one at that, “Diamond is intimidating,” She honestly answered as she shifted uncomfortably on her seat then straightened up her skirt. Well, Diamond was simply intimidating especially for someone who was living in simplicity like Minjoo anyway.

 

Eunbi chuckled upon hearing that, giving her a soft stare. “You’ll get used to it soon, you’ll adjust well for sure,” She reassured with a small smile plastered on her lips then started to type something on her computer. “Diamond is indeed intimidating for someone who came from public high school like you but I’m sure you’ll be able to fit in well here, Minjoo.” Added the woman while she continued to type away. “I know that this school is famous for its lavish place, education, and everything but there’s no discrimination happening in here. There are few delinquent students that have big heads because of power and money but most women here usually minded their own business and the school doesn’t tolerate bad actions – so if you’re worrying about that, don’t think of it anymore.” She explained then looked up from the screen to give Minjoo a stare.

 

Alright, that made the woman release a breath of relief. She had been worrying over nothing. Eunbi noticed it, leaning closer to the table as she said, “If someone is bothering you, or you have your worries – you can always go to me,” Minjoo took note of that. She was comfortable with Eunbi now anyway after the talks and visits.

 

They continued to talk for a few more minutes after that, and Minjoo felt less tense and nervous thanks to the principal. Until someone knocked the door, and Eunbi shouted for the student to come in. A female student entered the office with light footsteps, and Minjoo turned around out of curiosity – and wow, she was met with a pair of beautiful sharp yet friendly mono-lid eyes.

 

The newcomer was wearing the same school as hers, and had the same red diamond pin to show that she was a senior like Minjoo. She also had this same little badge that Eunchae had. And as expected, the woman was extremely beautiful and had this elegant yet light aura carrying with her. Minjoo could already smell the pretty stranger’s perfume as she padded closer to Eunbi, settling almost beside Minjoo.

 

She gave her a smile, and of course, Minjoo returned it awkwardly, intimidated by her beauty.

 

“Ah, Hwang Yeji, you’re finally here.” Eunbi said, and Yeji bowed to show respect while Minjoo just silently watched their exchange.

 

“Pleasant morning, Principal Kwon,” Yeji greeted, and a smile formed on her lips. “I see that the transferee has already arrived. Sorry if I’m a little bit late, I got disturbed by some students on the way here.”

 

Principal Kwon just waved it off, “It’s alright. You’re just on time,” She said, then handed a piece of paper to Minjoo alongside a white card. “You should help our new transferee now. Classes will start soon. I’ll hand her to you now, take care of Minjoo well, Hwang.” She softly added, and Yeji’s smile widened then bowed again towards the principal before turning to Minjoo, wearing a friendly look – she seemed really harmless, and Minjoo was simply awe-struck, she looked y but her aura was too soft.

 

“I’m Hwang Yeji, a member of the welcoming committee and I’ll be your tour guide – not just today but until the very end of the school year. Nice to meet you, Kim Minjoo-ssi. Hoping to get along with you.” Yeji introduced herself, offering her hand.

 

Minjoo immediately stood up from her seat out of panic, and reluctantly took Yeji’s soft hand then shook it gently. “Nice meeting you too, Hwang Yeji-ssi. Please just do call me Minjoo since I think I’ll stick around you for a long time.” She lightly joked, easing her own awkwardness.

 

Yeji chuckled while Eunbi looked delighted at their exchange, “Oh, you’ll be sticking around me for a long time, that is for sure. We’re in the same class so please just call me Yeji without formalities.” Yeji winked and then gestured to Minjoo that they should go out of the office already so they did. Minjoo just bowed at Eunbi as a goodbye before walking out with Yeji.

 

The other senior let out a giggle, giving Minjoo a fond look. “I kinda like you already,” She blurted out and Minjoo was genuinely surprised. “I’ll be a great tour guide, Minjoo. After all, it’s uncommon for someone to transfer here to Diamond, much less a senior.” She initiated a conversation.

 

As Yeji toured her around the campus, they talked lightheartedly and Minjoo was less nervous around the woman now. It looked like she gained another friend. Yeji was easy to talk with, and she was just simply kind, happily telling Minjoo about everything she just needed to know about the school.

 

Aside from the curious glances thrown at their direction from time to time, no one really bothered them minus another senior student named Yizhuo who was also a member of the welcoming committee. She came over to say hello to Yeji and to the new face which was Minjoo. It seemed like the people she was meeting with so far were all genuinely welcoming and kind so she was relieved, she was hoping not to cross paths with the spoiled brats one.

 

Yeji then revealed that she was also a scholar and just came from a normal family like Minjoo. She was also under Eunbi. The latter gave her a full scholarship when she saw her compete in a regional debate three years ago and was amazed at her skills. Yeji did not disappoint by excelling in Diamond despite not being too overly wealthy and her surname had no power.

 

For the first time, Minjoo felt like she was in an ordinary school.

 

“I’ll be touring you around the school grounds later in our free time, for now, let’s attend our first class.” Yeji said as they looked out of the window of the third floor of the building that gave them a great view of the spacious soccer field below. Minjoo nodded, and the two of them went.

 

Minjoo had to introduce herself in the first class before she could even sit. The teacher looked delighted to see her, as if she was expecting something special from Minjoo. The latter just walked to her seat with her imaginary tail between her legs. Yeji gave her an encouraging look.

 

Soon, the roll call started. Minjoo did not pay attention much, glancing outside the window instead or would quietly converse with Yeji.

 

“Ahn? Okay, looks like that kid isn’t here again. Same goes for Kim? Nakamura, too? Also, Shin. Ah, those girls, really. What are they up to now? Tsk, tsk.”

 

The classes passed by swiftly, and Minjoo was relieved. Although her classmates intimidated her, especially when she first stepped inside the classroom – all eyes on her, scanning her from head to toe. Some were neutral and minded their own business, some just subtly rolled their eyes because they did not care, and some smiled at her. Divided reaction but at least, no one bothered Minjoo.

 

Yeji was her seatmate, thank god, and she had this noisy classmate that was sitting right in front of her. She kept turning around to ask Minjoo curious questions. Her name was Yunjin. The latter was extremely pretty, and one could tell that she was insanely wealthy but she had this… unlady-like personality, she was obnoxious and loud, and funny. She even kept randomly talking at Minjoo in Korean then would switch to English.

 

Damn girl, you’re a scholar?” Yunjin exclaimed, eyeing Minjoo with a pointed gaze then pointed at her face. “You don’t even look like one. With that face? My gracious lord! You look like you’re raised in a castle, princess.” It was definitely a compliment, and Minjoo had to hide her red face while Yeji laughed silently beside her.

 

Despite Yunjin’s confident and loud personality, Minjoo was instantly comfortable because the woman never even looked at her in a different way when she learned that she was a scholar and just came from a normal family. She was even more amazed because according to them, there were just about… five to ten scholars attending this school including Yeji. They were a rare gem.

 

Minjoo learned that Yunjin was in the musical theater club, and was already training to be a professional opera singer. She came from a family of broadway actors and Minjoo had to suppress her amazed gasp when she realized that Yunjin was the only daughter of the famous broadway actor Huh Minjun. Minjoo loved to watch musical broadways before and she used to drag Yuri along, the latter would just sleep throughout.

 

After that, lunch break came in and Yeji dragged her to the cafeteria before Yunjin could even take her away to show her her singing skills.

 

“I’ll introduce you to my friends,” Yeji said, and Minjoo felt her anxiety rising up again. The other senior noticed that, patting Minjoo’s shoulders comfortingly. “Don’t worry, they don’t bite. They already know about you and they can’t wait to meet you.” She soothed, and Minjoo just gave her a stiff nod.

 

As expected, the dining hall was so lavish. Minjoo felt like she was in an expensive restaurant or something. The only thing that wasn’t in here was servers, even though you were filthy rich and everything all of that – you had to line up to the counter and get the food of your choice. There were vending machines at the sides too.

 

The cafeteria wasn’t too crowded, and Minjoo’s eyes twinkled as she looked around. There was a chandelier too, damn.

 

“Let’s get some food first,” Yeji said, and dragged her to line up with her in the queue. It wasn’t too crowded either, and Minjoo could feel some gazes on her, she ignored it and focused on the lunches that were offered.

 

Minjoo just simply ordered some sandwich, and fruits then handed over the card that Eunbi gave to her earlier. It was something they called a ‘meal pass’, since Eunbi also sponsored her food. Minjoo wouldn’t be able to afford much of the food here anyway, a freaking chicken sandwich cost thrice as much as a whole bucket meal in the chicken restaurant she worked at.

 

She then got some overpriced drinks in the vending machine with Yeji before going to the table where the latter’s friends were at.

 

In the table where Yeji took her at, there were two women sitting, seemingly waiting for them. Their eyes lit up when they saw Yeji with the new face, waving at them. Yeji sat down, patting at the space next to her at the cushioned seat for two people. Minjoo reluctantly sat down, feeling intimidated being stared at by these two extremely beautiful women in front of her. They looked friendly and warm like Yeji but still!

 

“So, this is Minjoo, the transferee. You guys know about her now.” Yeji introduced her to the two, and Minjoo gave them an awkward smile.

 

The one sitting on the left, who kept grinning at her prettily. “Kim Chaewon,” She excitedly said then offered her hand for a handshake, and of course, in a daze – Minjoo held her hand, shaking them. “Nice to meet you, Minjoo-ssi.”

 

“Yoo Jimin,” The other one said, much softer than Chaewon’s excited and chirpy tone. “Liking Diamond so far, Minjoo-ssi?” They all really looked friendly and warm despite the obvious distance in their wealth status. Minjoo could tell that these two weren’t scholar students like her and Yeji judging at Chaewon’s Rolex watch, and Jimin’s accessories but still, they never saw Minjoo as another species.

 

Their lunch was surprisingly hearty and comfortable. Minjoo was instantly comfortable in the presence of the other two pretty girls. Chaewon was cheeky, suave, and cool while Jimin was a little bit more reserved like a noble lady but she talked to Minjoo happily too, genuinely happy to have her there eating lunch with them.

 

For starters, they asked about Minjoo’s life, as expected. They actually did not talk about it at first, and they discussed classes and the school’s facilities before they came into the topic of their own lives. Minjoo just simply told them that she was living with her little family in a one-story house, that her father worked at the city hall while her mother was a kindergarten teacher nearby, and that she had this cousin that was living with her. The three asked about Minseo and when Minjoo showed a picture, they all collectively cooed at her adorableness. The new face also said that she used to work in this chicken restaurant to earn extra income.

 

And they all reacted quite nicely, admiring Minjoo’s diligence and everything. Chaewon even murmured to herself that she wanted to work part-time so she would have her own money.

 

After that, the two talked about their, well, lavish life. Chaewon came from a very wealthy family as expected, they owned a huge snacks and drinks manufacturing company. She started attending around the same time as Yeji. Minjoo was amazed when Chaewon told her that she was the heiress of the company that made some of her favorite go-to snacks and soda. Minjoo was even more awestruck when she learned that Chaewon was a child actress before, and currently a member of the musical theater club same as Yunjin.

 

Meanwhile, Jimin was a chaebol, like Chaewon. Her family owned a pretty huge conglomerate. Jimin even purposely left the name of the company for some reason but Yeji casually said that she was the third child of the chairman of ‘YJ Group’. Minjoo nearly passed out because YJ Group technically owned the famous chicken restaurant that she was working at.

 

But nonetheless, they all looked simple despite being filthy wealthy. They weren’t spoiled brats, they weren’t acting like princesses, and they did not disgust Minjoo at all – contrary to what the latter had been expecting. And like she said, she was happy to be proved wrong.

 

The remaining time for lunch, they used it to talk about other things like the other prolific women in this school. They basically gossiped and Minjoo was listening intently as she sipped on her soda, forgetting to reply to Yuri’s messages. Well, school things, of course. Gossips were always part of school life.

 

“Wow, daughter of the famous veteran actress Hong Inyoung? Wait, Eunchae’s her daughter?!” Minjoo was really loving the information. “And what? That… famous kid that won the International Junior Archery Competition is also here too? That girl Lee Hyunseo? And she will be competing again in the next international sports event, right? Wow.”

 

She just realized that every girl here was all prodigy, scarily talented in their own ways. Gifted, some sort of like that. Even Yeji was something else – she was a member of the debate club, and always the representative of Diamond in debate competitions, always winning without fail too! Chaewon was a former child actress and in the theater club. And here was Jimin, third child of YJ Group but also known for her academic excellence. She was a top student, and was a member of the journalism club.

 

And Minjoo was nothing. She could only just kick some . But she tried her best to lift herself up, it wasn’t a good time to have a spoiled mood. She shouldn’t even compare herself to these women.

 

Then suddenly, a woman came down rushing inside the cafeteria and whispered something to her friends then walked to the other tables to pass the ‘message’. There were murmurs and little shrieks from the students inside the dining hall after that. Minjoo was confused at what was happening, the three looked like it was already a normal occurrence. She kept stretching her neck around, and spotted some girls dashing out of the cafeteria, leaving their lunch behind.

 

“Ah, they’re here, it may seem.” Jimin murmured to herself, taking a spoonful of rice. Chaewon just grinned at herself, continuing to eat, she looked lovelier than usual after what happened.

 

Minjoo was very confused, turning to Yeji for some answers. The latter gave her a look, chuckling at her. “Ah, just a normal occurrence, don’t mind them.” She replied, and as if she was reading Minjoo’s mind she added. “Some people just arrived, and the girls won’t let it pass to have a glimpse of them together.”

 

Blinking, Minjoo just nodded, and continued to take a bite from her sandwich. “Who are they?” Her curiosity got the best of her.

 

Jimin snorted, “Just some overly important figures of the school.” She murmured, and Chaewon nudged her.

 

“You know, the famous women in Diamond.” Chaewon told her, playing with her food as she rested her chin on her palm.

 

Minjoo was surprised to hear that, well, what was she expecting from a high-end school like Diamond anyway? Of course, there would be this group of people that were scarily popular among the students for either their looks, power, wealth, talent, or all of the above. In her previous school, there were these popular kids that were sometimes talk of the school but never got to the point where some girls would come down rushing just to take a glimpse of them. Just how noble their existence was?

 

“There is a thing like that here?” Minjoo was unamused when she said that, and Yeji gave her an apologetic smile.

 

“Unfortunately,” replied Yeji.

 

Minjoo let out a light scoff, she wasn’t really expecting that, especially that she met these women who were deemed very powerful and extremely exquisite already. Just who were these people, and some women even rushed out of their seats and left their meals just to have a glimpse of them like they were Jesus that descended from heaven? Were they gods? Would they be blessed if they ever laid their eyes on them? Minjoo could only shake her head.

 

“Typical cliché high school K-Drama?” asked Minjoo further.

 

Jimin shook her head, “Not that... much. They are all insanely popular but dangerous. Women flock over them because of their status and insanely good looks and appeal.” She explained as she peeled some tangerine, offering Minjoo a piece. The new face gladly took it.

 

“What are they, F4?” Minjoo snorted, and shook her head as she chewed the tangerine.

 

Yeji shrugged, smiling, “Sort of. D4 to be exact, Diamond Four.” Chuckling at her own goofiness.

 

Chaewon giggled at that then added, “It’s alright. You can avoid them, after all, they are untouchable, and they mostly mind their own business.”

 

Minjoo nodded, taking a note of it, turning to Yeji who spoke again after Chaewon. “Yep, it’s better to avoid those girls at all costs, Minjoo. Involving yourself with them is a suicide. Women flock over them but if you dare to disturb their peace, especially if they don’t really like you – then nothing good will happen. They can be quite troublesome. Especially their youngest, she can be childish.” She explained further, and Minjoo just kept nodding, taking mental notes to avoid these women at all costs.

 

“Are they all seniors?” Minjoo asked, and Yeji nodded.

 

“Actually, they are all our classmates. They were just absent earlier.” Yeji replied with pieces of apple in .

 

Jimin snorted once again in distaste. “All seniors but all childish and troublesome. They fall into the category of being delinquents, they always act like .” She bitterly whispered, and Minjoo could tell that she had a bad history with this group.

 

Great. Minjoo really had to stay lowkey, but of course, like she had plans to get involved with them or some . They wouldn’t care less about the scholar anyway. But still, hopefully, they wouldn’t pick on someone like Minjoo. Some could be just… bored and might target her. Hopefully not, they have money to use to ease their boredom. Why was Minjoo worrying anyway? She just had to go along with the flow and hide behind Yeji.

 

Chaewon nudged her again with her elbow, pouting. “Hey, not all of them,” She softly said, and Jimin nearly hissed at her. “Kazuha is nice!” Oh, Minjoo thought no involving but it looked like Chaewon was somehow involved with one of them.

 

Yeji chuckled, and shrugged, “Kazuha and Ryujin are great, it’s just Ahn and that Kim. They can be little devils, for real.” She said, and Jimin rolled her eyes when Kim was mentioned. Minjoo silently took note of everything.

 

Chaewon grinned at her, “They are indeed untouchable, and shouldn’t be messed with but they’re nice, somehow. Kazuha is a good person, I know that so well.” She whispered, and winked at Minjoo.

 

“What’s with you and that… Kazuha girl, if it’s okay to ask.” questioned Minjoo, a little bit curious because Chaewon would act giddy whenever she would mention that name.

 

The three looked at each other, as if communicating if it was alright for Minjoo to know. Yeji said then, “I think it’ll be okay. From now on, Minjoo will be in our little group now so she deserves to know everything. She looks like she can keep a secret too, anyway.” Minjoo’s heart swelled upon hearing that, and checked the other two women’s reaction. They showed nothing but pleasant expressions, liking the idea of Minjoo joining their little group.

 

Chaewon leaned a little bit closer to Minjoo, “Well, we’re sort of dating? I kinda like her, Minjoo.” She whispered, and Minjoo blinked. Wow, alright – she wasn’t even too surprised anymore that girls here were dating one another, and not like she wasn’t okay with it – she was open because she was biual herself. And the way Chaewon said it as if it wasn’t a big deal gave Minjoo a way that it was perfectly normal here which was good.

 

Minjoo smiled at her, “That’s great then. I hope she’s treating you well, you’re a sweet person, Chaewon.” The said woman beamed, giving her a soft look but even brighter grin.

 

Yeji butted in, gently commenting. “Kazuha treats her well. That woman has been so into Chaewon since last year. This girl right here just gave the woman a chance recently.” Chaewon laughed at that, throwing a wink at her friend before continuing to eat.

 

After that, they left the cafeteria when lunch break was over. The two were in the other section so unfortunately, they weren’t classmates except for this one mixed class. They promised to meet each other after school. Chaewon and Jimin even gave Minjoo a hug, telling her again that it was nice meeting her which made the new student’s heart melt. They were extremely kind-hearted, she was just glad that she was getting along with some people, the fear in her system from earlier before she stepped into the school slowly vanished.

 

“Will be looking forward to seeing you more with us, Minjoo!”

 

With that, they parted ways in the hallway. Minjoo and Yeji walked down to the spacy corridor with some women scattered around, minding their own business. Minjoo was still intimidated by being surrounded by these pretty and rich people.

 

Below them, there was a commotion at the school grounds but of course, they paid no mind to it and went back to their classroom, waiting for the class to start. While Minjoo sat down on her seat, her eyes roamed around the four empty seats behind her. It seemed like those popular girls sat there.

 

When classes started, Minjoo’s mind flew away.

 

///

 

Her first day passed by a breeze, thankfully, she gained three friends too! When she thought she would be a loner until the end of the school year. She proved herself wrong, and she was just simply happy to be with these three wonderful girls. They made everything bearable in that school. No one really disturbed her, and there were no y, spoiled brat bullies… or yet, maybe she hadn’t met them yet. Hopefully, never!

 

Yuri was envious when she paid a visit in Minjoo’s house after class. But of course, Minjoo just cooed at Yuri, telling her that she was still her bestest friend. The trio might love Yuri too if she would ever introduce her to them.

 

Days passed peacefully, and surprisingly, Minjoo hadn’t even gotten a glimpse of those… popular girls that people were flocking over. There were no sights of them after that peaceful Monday. It made Minjoo wonder what they could be doing.

 

Yeji just simply answered, “They hide in their… hide-out, usually. It’s in this campus and it’s a restricted area, you can get punished for even trying to break in. That area is theirs alone.” She explained, and sighed. “And even though they can be troublesome, they are all prodigy and extremely talented. Very intelligent too so they usually just study by themselves and don’t even bother to enter class unless there are some exams or stuff.”

 

Minjoo also learned that the four of them were the daughters of the famous pillars of Diamond so it was okay for them to act like they owned the school. That explained everything. And on top of that, they were the daughters of important figures of big companies in South Korea which wasn’t a surprising fact anymore.

 

But Minjoo couldn’t care less anyway.

 

The four of them, her and her three new friends, decided to stroll around the field in their vacant time. The weather was good for walking around too so they all decided to roam around rather than gossip at the crowded lounging area. Minjoo liked how green the field was, it was pleasant to her eyes.

 

As Chaewon blabbered that she and this mysterious Kazuha girl would have a date this weekend – Minjoo’s attention was divided: to her friends, to the beautiful blue skies, the group of women playing soccer at the field. It seemed like they were the soccer team of Diamond, practicing or just having a fun play. There were some girls watching, they all sat on the bleachers, and there would be occasional ear-shattering shrieks from them.

 

The four of them huddled at the side of the field, having their own conversation.

 

Chaewon mumbled to herself, “Kazuha invited me to watch a musical with her that will happen in two weeks. What should I wear?”

 

Minjoo smiled at her friend. She was already comfortable with them to the point she could make casual conversation with the three like this. “Anything will look great on you. I think Kazuha will like it if you’re just being yourself. She seems like the type of partner who likes her lover being all natural and comfortable.”

 

Chaewon threw Minjoo a grateful look before turning to the others for opinion.

 

Jimin shook her head lightly, “Dump her before she dumps you.” Yeji nudged her and Chaewon puckered her lips because of what the woman had said but she remained bright. Minjoo awkwardly shifted, looking away because of the little awkwardness – she watched the girls on the bleachers cheer loudly when someone made a goal.

 

The woman was really against them dating someone from that certain popular group. Maybe she just didn’t want trouble, Chaewon might really get some bad comments from those immature girls that kept fangirling over them as if they were some idol group. Or maybe, she didn’t want for herself to get involved with a certain person in the said group. Minjoo did not pry on it.

 

“Don’t you like Choi Yena?” Jimin added, and Yeji gave her a glare from the side. Chaewon deflated while Minjoo pursed her lips.

 

Chaewon shook her head, and clicked her tongue. “No, we’re just friends. I don’t like Yena that way, Jimin,” She defended, while Yeji just gave Jimin a look.

 

Jimin realized that it was inappropriate and getting way out of line so she sighed, her eyes b with guilt. “Sorry.” She apologized before saying, “Kazuha is just into you to the point you can wear a trash bag but she’ll still gawk at you as if you’re a deity.” Chaewon just smiled at her, and shrugged it off.

 

They continued to talk, and it was all great since they switched topics. Minjoo was all giddy and smiley, feeling absolutely great that day. The weather was perfect, she got a perfect score in their sudden quiz, and Jimin bought some gummy bears for her after she learned that it was Minjoo’s favorite snack.

 

It was just funny that she was worried about her first day, but now she was confident that her week in Diamond would go smoothly.

 

However, the week wasn’t over yet.

 

First day must have gone smoothly but no one’s sure about the fifth day.

 

Minjoo was just happily talking with her new friends when there were faint gasps from a distance. And before she could even react, there was something that hit her head that made her stumble forward – thankfully, Jimin, who was standing in front of her, caught her before she could even fall on the ground with her face landing first.

 

“Are you okay?” Chaewon and Yeji immediately supported her.

 

Minjoo was in total shock, it felt like her brain shook inside her skull. It hurt badly because the back of her head turned numb, and her vision went blurry for a little bit. She slowly regained her balance, and with wide shocked eyes, she looked at the ground, and saw a soccer ball. That must’ve hit her. Now, who just kicked the ball that it flung towards their direction, and unluckily, it hit her?

 

There was a tall figure jogging towards them, and everyone was silent, even the three were flustered and became oddly silent as they all stared forward. Minjoo turned her head up when there was someone who halted in front of them, bent down to grab the ball then just stood there – staring at Minjoo.

 

And their eyes met.

 

Now, that pair of eyes that was also directly looking at her were just simply mesmerizing and sharp. This woman’s orbs were cold yet playful, there was just something hypnotizing in them that caught Minjoo off-guard. Or it just must be that she got hit in the head pretty hard. Minjoo’s eyes stared, and observed.

 

Alright, this woman in front of her was probably one of the most handsome yet beautiful women she had laid her eyes onto.

 

She was wearing a black soccer jersey and shorts that showed her toned and long legs, the top was even damp because of the sweat but it was nothing unpleasant at all. From one glance alone, one could tell that she had a very toned and amazing figure, and when Minjoo’s eyes just went upwards, she was met with a very majestic visual. That face was just simply unreal, as if the gods themselves took their time to carve those facial features so well. From those perfectly shaped brows, droopy yet cold eyes, sharp and proud nose, pinkish and luscious lips, prominent jawline. Her skin was tan and clear, there was dirt on her cheekbone, and drops of sweat were clinging to her temple. Her hair was long, tied up in a low ponytail that highlighted her features even more.

 

Minjoo felt like she just saw a deity for a second there, she was dumbfounded.

 

This woman carried a mysterious yet mischievous aura with her, and Minjoo could tell that she was a noble. From the way she tilted her chin up, lowering her gaze on Minjoo, and how she moved swiftly – she was no ordinary.

 

Minjoo was simply awe-struck, and before she could even make herself a blubbering mess, the woman opened and the former was already expecting that she would apologize but the words that came from the beautiful stranger’s tongue shook her.

 

“You guys should not huddle at a corner like that near the field,” The woman huffed out, her voice was raspy yet mocking. She tilted her head, and played with the ball in her hands. “I’m sure you guys aren’t stupid enough to think that there won’t be any risk at all, right? Geez, we’re going to look like the bad ones here for hitting you all.” murmured to herself as she shook her head, clicking her tongue in distaste before taking a step backward then turned around to walk away. “Idiots…” She spat quietly but Minjoo heard them all.

 

Minjoo felt her world stop upon hearing that. The raging heat of anger from her heart reached the very top of her head, feeling smoke going out of her nostrils and ears. Her hands trembled because… just what the hell was that!? She wasn’t certainly expecting that at all. That was just rude.

 

“Hey!” Minjoo shouted, feeling her anger just rising and rising. This was something Minjoo hated – someone being rude for some ty reason. In fact, she should be the one who was angry about getting hit! She was out of the field anyway. Yeji tried to calm her down but Minjoo was just out of it, oh, her temper was slipping away.

 

The woman turned back again to look at her, her brow arched up in annoyance, “What?”

 

So cocky, so entitled, so… infuriating. Minjoo really hated people like them the most! Just because they have money and power, they would act as if they were gods. Minjoo wouldn’t let this pass, she would demand an apology. She was that petty. She should really teach these annoying rich people some lessons.

 

“What did you just say?” Minjoo asked, eyes narrowing. “What did you just call us?” She got out of Chaewon’s grip and walked closer to the woman, and she realized how tall the woman was… she was literally towering over her but she wasn’t really too intimidated.

 

The player pursed her lips together, sighing to herself as if she was just wasting time dealing with Minjoo before saying, “You guys deaf or what?” She firmly huffed out, “I said, idiots. You guys are idiots for huddling there at the side while we’re playing.” She did not even falter with her words.

 

Minjoo let out a scoff of disbelief, “Isn’t that too much?” She asked, pointing at their spot. “We were out of the field, and there’s an obvious distance between the four of us and where the line ends.” argued the woman, frowning. “So I think it doesn’t fit to call us ‘idiots’ here, no?”

 

“Are you telling me that I’m being unreasonable for calling you idiots?” The woman fired back.

 

With a beat, Minjoo took a step forward and firmly said, “Yes.” She hissed. “I think you’re crossing the line here, calling us idiots when we were just peacefully having a conversation at the side. In fact, you should be apologizing for me because you hit me in the head.” added the transferee without fear. The heated exchange caused people around to watch in amusement.

 

The taller woman looked agitated after hearing that, giving Minjoo a ridiculous look. “Why would I apologize to someone foolish as you? It’s not my fault,” She scoffed, and then shook her head. “You know what? I shouldn’t be wasting my words to someone pathetic as you. Just get out of my sight while I’m still kind, new face.”

 

Minjoo was seriously in disbelief, and she couldn’t even stomach the audacity of this person. She really thought she was some god or some ? Minjoo was furious. All she wanted was a simple apology but what did she get instead? She got called an idiot!

 

Minjoo was silent for a while, and just remained glaring back at this cocky creature. Suddenly, the other players went to see the commotion. Another good-looking woman approached, looking confused and worried, “What’s happening here?”

 

She heard Yeji from the side, “Ryujin. Your cousin hit our friend in the head…”

 

However, before things could progress. Minjoo took another step forward then snatched the soccer ball from this entitled woman then walked backwards until there was a good distance between them. The taller girl was just dumbfounded at her action but she watched and remained standing, confusion and annoyance lingering in her orbs.

 

“Wh–”

 

Minjoo threw the ball at the woman’s face, well, she aimed for the forehead. And bullseye. She did not throw it harshly, not hard to the point this woman’s pea-sized brain could rattle in her skull like what happened to hers earlier when she was hit. Just enough to prove something.

 

Everyone gasped at what they witnessed, they were all unmoving, and scared less… not for their own selves, but for Minjoo.

 

She knew, alright, she knew she shouldn’t have done that because it might complicate things but Minjoo had this one toxic trait, and it was being too petty and pathetic to the point she always wanted revenge.

 

The ball landed on the ground, and rolled on the frozen woman’s feet. She looked shocked at what happened, her wide eyes looking at Minjoo in disbelief. Her forehead soon started to red, and Minjoo was satisfied. The latter took a deep breath then nodded.

 

“Now,” Minjoo started off, “We’re even.”

 

The soccer player was so surprised but that shock turned into anger upon realizing what just had happened. “You…” The woman trailed off, her voice was trembling, and the corner of her lips were twitching out of anger. “You messed with the wrong person, new face.”

 

Minjoo rolled her eyes, everyone here was a ‘wrong person’ besides her friends. She let out a tired sigh, and walked away, clutching the back of her head.

 

“Come back here!” But Minjoo did not, feeling a little bit dizzy, and she hated those nosy eyes on her. The woman probably got held back by the others so she wouldn’t be able to run after Minjoo.

 

That was great because Minjoo might really strangle her if she ever heard another word from her.

 

First days could be peaceful but for Minjoo… it was the fifth day where things turned for the worse.

 

The guilt and regret came to eat her in the weekend after she met with the three outside school. Since Minjoo went home afterwards, she had no class anymore anyway. And her head was really hurting badly.

 

Minjoo banged her head on the table of the café where they were chilling at, and the three just sighed, giving Minjoo a look of pity and worry. Well, they finally broke the bad news to her – the bad outcome of losing her temper to rich, spoiled brats who most likely had power to ruin her life. She just promised to herself to stay out of their way but she had to lose her determination on the fifth day. Her peace just lasted for four freaking days because she lost composure.

 

“Minjoo, the woman you just fought with is… Ahn Yujin,” Yeji softly said to her, and scratched her cheek. “She’s in that popular group… and she’s the granddaughter of the president of Diamond.”

 

Ahn Yujin.

 

God damn it. Minjoo wanted the ground to eat her alive now.

 

Chaewon sighed to herself, biting her lower lip. “She’s the youngest and the most insufferable one… the pettiest and the most childish too. We’re kinda used to her use of words.” She gulped, and played with her fingers. “I talked with Kazuha about it and she said that Yujin really did not like what you did…”

 

Jimin shook her head a little, reaching for Minjoo’s hand then caressed it gently to comfort her but Minjoo was already in a daze, scared for her life as guilt and regret consumed her. “You should be prepared, Min. That woman can be really a handful, we’ll try our best to protect you from her.”

 

Minjoo whined to herself, wanting to throw a fit inside the café. She was so angry at herself, now what? Her school life was going to be ruined, and if Yujin was that petty… she could even get her kicked out of the school and ruin her whole life!

 

“I ed things up pretty badly, huh?”

 

The three women were just silent and tried to comfort Minjoo, and the latter was glad that they still stayed even though they probably knew the consequences of messing with someone like Ahn Yujin.

 

///

 

A/N: this story is like… around 50k words so yeah, it’ll be a long ride. i’ll try to update every other day huhu i’m pretty busy because of midterms so yep :< i hope you guys are enjoying this so far! (and yes, it’s slightly inspired to F4)