Fin.

I Wish You Are Sober

It was late, yet Sana is still outside.


 

She was starting to get impatient, tapping her foot continously as she waits for the bus to arrive. And the fact that her phone died made it even worst.






 

Dahyun was probably worried.







 

A sigh came out of Sana's mouth as she stares blankly at the passing cars.





 

Dahyun was kind enough to let Sana live with her in her house when the Japanese girl decided it's time to move out from her apartment.






 

College life was a big challenge for Sana. She was away from her own country and doesn't own a house here in Korea at all,








 

But she was grateful to meet Dahyun during her college years. They became good friends. Very good friends.








 

Sana smiles at the memory of Dahyun agreeing to let her stay in her hosuse. She didn't even want her to pay for her stay, but Sana managed to convince Dahyun to share the bills.












 

The Japanese looks at the chocolate ice cream she brought, smiling even widely.




 

I hope this make it up for being late.







 

Dahyun always open the door for her every time she gets home late from work. Sana don't carry a key at all, in fear of losing it.




 

It was a bad idea, but the Korean girl convinced her that it does not bother her at all as she struggles to get some sleep too, so Dahyun's usually up late and waits for her.






 

Dahyun only gets to sleep whenever Sana arrives.







 

She must've grown into that habit.







 

Then the bus arrived.







 

"Finally" Sana mumbled.





 

—--------------------



 

Sana has her eyebrows furrowed.



 

The door was unlocked. Something that rarely happens.






 

And the lights were still on.








 

Yet Sanatook careful steps and locks the door.






 

Maybe she's not home yet…











 

Only to find the certain Korean girl in the kitchen.




 

Sana snorted at the sight.







 

Dahyun has her head down while sitting on the chair, probably asleep. And Sana also noticed the bottle of soju, half empty.










 

"Drinking without me?" Sana mumbled as she giggles. She approaches Dahyun, squatting to take a look at the sleeping tofu.









 

Sana giggles at the sight. Dahyun has her eyes shut, eyebrows creased and lips pouting.









 

"Dahyunie?" She calls her name.







 

No response.








 

She gently shakes the latter's knee, "Dahynie, you will hurt your neck"




 

A groan.




 

"I bought you ice cream"




 

Head instantly tilts up, "Ice cream" Dahyun murmurs, half awake.







 

Sana stood up and playfully placed the ice cream on Dahyun's forehead, making the latter shiver and shot her eyes open.







 

"Wha–What"







 

"Dahyun, you should sleep in your bed"







 

"Ice cream?"



 

"No? Maybe you can eat it tomorrow"








 

The Korean stared at her, no thoughts at all.







 

"You're home"







 

Guessing by the way she speaks, Dahyun is probably still in a drunk state.




 

"Uhuh, and you're drunk" Sana teases.




 

"I want the ice cream" She pouts.



 

A sigh came out of Sana's mouth. 



 

—-------------------------


 

Dahyun stumbled.



 

"Oh my god, are you sure you're good?"



 

"Uhuh" Dahyun nods her head continuously as she gets them a cup for the ice cream.



 

"Really? Because you have your slippers switched" Sana giggles as she looks Dahyun's feet.



 

That made Dahyun look down and check, "Are you sure? They look right to me"



 

Sana snorts, "Yeah sure"




 

Dahyun grins and raises the two cups and spoons in victory.



 

Goodness, how drunk is she?



 

"Let me scoop it for you" Sana offers.




 

Dahyun lets her, staring as Sana scoops for the two of them.




 

"What?" Sana lightly laughs at Dahyun. She has her eyes half open, managing herself to look at Sana without falling asleep.




 

She didn't respond.



 

"Dahyun, I know you are thankful I am scooping for you but please…" Sana teases as she continue to scoop.




 

A sigh from Dahyun.




 

"I just had a thought"





 

"Thought? About?" Sana places the cup of ice cream in front of Dahyun,




 

But the latter just leaned her head on the table, staring at the cup.




 

"You" Dahyun mumbled.




 

"Are you talking to the ice cream… or me?"




 

"You" Dahyun repeats.




 

That made Sana stop for a moment.




 

She tried to read the latter, but it was hard to do so as she was staring at the cup.





 

But there's this sudden change of atmosphere around them.



 

Dahyun looked serious and thoughtless at the same time.




 

Sana faced her, just so Dahyun knows she's listening.




 

"What thoughts about me?" Sana plays along, leaning her head against on the table, mimicking Dahyun.





 

The Korean girl's eyes averted from the cup, now looking back at Sana.




 

"There's a lot"




 

"Really? Do you notice some changes?" Sana smiles, "Do I look more mature now?"




 

Dahyun smiles, eyes still half open, "You're getting more pretty…"




 

"Are you saying that because I bought you ice cream?"




 

"No…" Dahyun closes her eyes.




 

Sana's eyebrows raised in confusion.



 

Did she just fall asleep in the middle of their conversation?





 

Sana sat up straight, suppressing a laugh in fear of waking Dahyun up.








 

And when she was about to close the ice cream, preventing it from melting…










 

"...I'm saying this because I like you" Dahyun spoke with her eyes still closed.





 

Shock was evident on Sana's face, made her stop midway of picking up the the ice cream.




 

"You'regenuine, loving, and just… beautiful inside and out" Dahyun mumbled.




 

"...Dahyun"




 

"I have been liking you since college" Her eyes shot open, "But I don't have the balls to say so…"




 

Sana couldn't respond at all. She felt a jolt in her chest at the sudden confession.




 

And the way Dahyun looked at her. The way her eyes glistened from the tears forming…




 

It looks so… so real.














 

"I wish you are sober" Sana suddenly uttered. A faint smile on her lips.








 

Dahyun sat up properly. Not breaking the staring contest between the two.






 

"I wish I was…" Dahyun softly smiles, 





 

"...but the only time I get the courage to tell you is when I'm drunk"






 

"Dahyun…"







 

"I wish I am sober right now" she dryly laughs, "but I am aware… well-aware"




 

Sana was still surprised, she barely form a words.



 

Is this realiy happening now?



 

She wasn't expecting this at all…



 

Yet here they are, staring at each other, talking as if they just spoke the first time.




 

But Dahyun averted her gaze, now looking at the melted ice cream.



 

How many seconds have passed?




 

How did the ice cream melt so fast?







 

"I'm sorry" Dahyun mumbled, "I… I shouldn't have said that"




 

"Dahyunie?"




 

"Y-Yes?"




 

"Can you look at me and promise one thing?"





 

Even with the anxiety rushing through Dahyun right at the moment. She manages to look back at the girl she likes for years now.




 

Sana has her eyes direct to her,




 

"Promise me one thing…"




 

"...That is?"










 

"...Say it when you are sober"




 

The way her eyes smiled the same time her lips did made Dahyun melt.




 

"Do you promise?"





 

And Dahyun couldn't hell breaking the biggest smile she has, a tear fell. She has been holding that back for years now.





 

"Of course" She chuckles lightly, "Of course, Sana-chan"





 

"Great, now let's finish this ice cream up and cuddle"





 

"I– yeah, that's a good idea"




 

"The cuddle?"





 

"Umm, yes"




 

"Yes?"



 

"Stop teasing me"




 

"You're so cute when you're blushing"




 

"Stop"




 

"And when you're tipsy like that"




 

"I am fully sober now–"



 

"No, you're not"



 

"I like you"



 

"I–"



 

"You're blushing"



 

"It's because I like you too"




 

Dahyun dropped her spoon…







 

And her single status.