Back Home

Back Home

 

 

 

- No, not at all. No... I'd say no. Since we're apart... - Jaejoong giggled, flustered - and I'm saying this only because... news spread so quickly, so everybody must know, right? - he glanced at the interviewer, waiting for some reaction, but because she was very professional, she kept her neutrality, so Jaejoong continued: - Since we're apart... umm... our relationship has changed a bit. - he tilted his head, thinking - Yeah... - and then he added: - But not in a bad way. We are still good friends, who go out to eat together, have a drink from time to time. We have friends in common... so, yeah... I wouldn't want to lose that friendship for anything in the world.

 

- Was it hard? In the three years you didn't contact each other?

 

- Well... - Jaejoong's voice tingled in the silence as he thought how he should answer to that.

 

- You didn't contact each other for three years.

 

- Yeah. Yeah, yeah... It was hard. Yunho and I met at a young age. We were always good friends.

 

- It's like a fairy tale.

 

Jaejoong burst into laughter, and got flustered. He arranged his bangs with his pinky as he smiled.

 

- Like a fairy tale... - Jaejoong didn't know what to say. He didn't want to crumble her vision on his relationship, that was, probably, the same their fans had, as a generalized idea.

 

- The time, after the lawsuit. - pointed out the interviewer. Jaejoong had lost his train of thoughts.

 

- Ah, keujjo... It was hard. It was hard. - he regained his self, and intertwined his fingers, holding his knee. He bounced softly back and forth from time to time - Because we were friends. For so many years. We would be together... everyday... and then... we just... - he waved his hand subtly, as if he was wiping something - cut off all contact. It was hard.

 

- How did you cope with it?

 

- We would... Well, we... - Jaejoong looked at the ceiling, trying to recall things - We had decided beforehand that this meant nothing in our relationship. - he clenched his mouth, trying to elaborate - For instance, if a couple has to be apart, like when one of them goes abroad, they most likely feel anxious about it. - the interviewer nodded and Jaejoong continued - But it wasn't like that at all for us. We did- feel... fear, but we were so sure of... - Jaejoong's eyes wandered around the space in front of him - what we had. We were sure a long time ago. - Jaejoong nodded and bit his lower lip, clenching his mouth. - Yeah...

 

- It gives the impression of a bittersweet feeling to it.

 

- Eh?? - Jaejoong scratched his nose, trying to understand where she was going.

 

- When you were separated, you had a stable relationship. Now that you can see each other...

 

- Oh. Oh, I see... - Jaejoong giggled.

 

- ...you broke up. Is it all unconventional about you two?

 

- Unconventional? - Jaejoong covered his mouth with his hand, giggling, flustered. He shook his head subtly to take his bangs away from his eyes. - It might have. - Jaejoong smiled at the camera, looking at the PDs behind.

 

- So, how is your relationship now? Your friendship. You work together again.

 

- Yeah. We work together. - Jaejoong got lost in his thoughts for a second, still smiling - Again. We're preparing a new album. So we hope our fans support us. - Jaejoong nodded briefly - Working with him is never something bad. It can get stressful, because things are like that, right? But as we come closer to the result we are looking for, it will be joyful. I can't say it's complete happiness, like... in fairy tales, but a true happiness. Eh? True, and sincere happiness. - Jaejoong said as he patted his chest.

 

- About your upcoming album... what are your expectations?

 

- Well... - Jaejoong took a deep breath - we are truly, truly excited for our new work. - Jaejoong smiled as he elaborated - We had to shorten the gap that our styles built during our split at a... quick pace... it's not easy, but since we worked together before for so many years... we could recognize each other easily... our flaws, our strenghts, our personal styles...

 

- Must have been a hard work.

 

- Hard, but satisfactory. I feel... specially me... - he tapped his chest - satisfied with the way things are fitting in. - he put his hands together, one above the other - It will be an interesting album.

 

- How do you process five people's ideas into one album? How do you merge your styles?

 

Jaejoong giggled even before answering.

 

- We have also curious ways of working together. We knew - Jaejoong seemed excited as he clapped slightly - we had to work, work, work, and as soon as we planned everything, we decided we had to come together as much as we could. - he smiled, very proud - Changmin moved in with me, and Junsu and Yunho moved in together.

 

- Oh... It is like that?

 

- It makes it easier for us.... - he gestured as if he was shaping a ball in between his hands - now that we had a new start. It's easier this way.

 

- When you...?

 

Jaejoong chuckled and covered his mouth, shyly.

 

- I'm sorry, it's just that... living together again has been... weird, a bit. We lived together for so many years. Now, if I come home... it feels so weird to find my little Changmin there. It has been a bit awkward for both for a while now. - he felt apologetic - but in the other hand, Yunho and Junsu... they lived together before... even before debut, for a while, so it's like going back to those days. - Jaejoong thought about it for a moment - It's weird either way. - he laughed at his conclusion.

 

- What about Micky Yoochun?

 

- Oh, he's a lone wolf. - Jaejoong shook his head and pouted. - Yoochunnie has... this problem. - pointed Jaejoong with his index, closing his eyes, reflecting - You can't cage Yoochun. You can't.

 

- Claiming his personal freedom.

 

- That's why he's our... - he nodded, proud- Yeah, our... what do you call it? Our... star composer. Our Micky Yoochun... we are very proud of.

 

- Lastly... Music industry has changed.

 

- Yeah.

 

- Do you think Korea has changed also?  The past years?

 

- Yeah. Absolutely. - Jaejoong removed in his seat, trying to get more comfortable - Just the fact... that we can talk about these things in an interview... and about the lawsuit with our previous company... I wouldn't say radically, but it has changed...  notably.

 

- Something you wanna say to your fans?

 

- Mm... so many things I want to say to our fans... - he tilted his head, pouting - but I'll just go with this: Cassiopeia,  saranghamnida, you know that... Please support us in the future, so we can keep walking... together... this road. Be healthy. Oppa dreams about you every night. Saranghamnida.- he bowed from his chair and clapped at the PDs, who were also clapping.

 

Interview was over.

 

 

Jaejoong got home when it was getting dark. As soon as he got in, he heard Changmin's favorite TV show being broadcasted. But even before asking himself if he was going to find the living room full of snack wraps, he stumbled with someone next to the shoes cabinet.

 

- Ah. Speaking of the devil.

 

He closed the door. Yunho was putting his sneakers right at the entrance hallway.

Yunho smiled and giggled at him.

 

- I just came looking for my running shoes. I was leaving.

 

- Junsu got you to go jogging with him?

 

- Yeah. Aww... he has some power of conviction. - Yunho said as he tilted his head, briefly. - Changminnie is inside.

 

- I can hear.

 

Jaejoong would stare at him, tying his sneakers.

 

- How was your interview?

 

Jaejoong burst into loud laughter. It made Yunho raise his head to stare at him.

 

- Jaejoong-hyung~ is so naughty~ - he said with a soft voice. - He revealed everything!

 

Yunho smiled at him widely and giggled.

 

- Ah, jinjja?

 

- No. I behaved, and... there will be... personal things. I hope I did a good job, leader. - Jaejoong bowed with a serious face, playful. - I was sincere. It will be aired in a couple of days. - he sighed, deeply, leaning against the door.

 

Yunho stood up, and tapped his feet on the floor because his sneakers felt a bit uncomfortable.

 

- You look tired - said Yunho, poking Jaejoong's chin, he got flustered right away and tried to grab Yunho's hand to shove it off, smiling shyly.

 

- I'm not.

 

Yunho lifted his chin a bit and kissed him softly on his lips. As they parted, Jaejoong pushed him away gently.

 

- When people brake up... you are supposed to stand there, and I stand here, and nothing happens between us. - Jaejoong pointed at both, smiling. - Eh?

 

- You are supposed to stop me when I start kissing you. - Yunho said as he grabbed Jaejoong's hand and tapped with it his own chest, giggling. - Eh? Not at the end.

 

Jaejoong remained silent.

His tongue stuck out a bit by the corner of his lips as he stared at the floor.

Yunho squeezed his hand and let it go.

 

- Good night.

 

Yunho poked and screwed his finger in Jaejoong's cheek as he opened the door.

 

- See you tomorrow.