The one I need

The one
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Moonbyul's agent didn't tell her he knew that Solar had been invited to the same tv show competition.

The 30-year-old pop singer was welcomed by the other 10 contenders and bonded well with them backstage.

Things were light and funny during the whole first 50 minutes of the live episode and the tv host played a lot with the girls while interviewing them.

Then the young man informed that the last competitor was gonna be introduced to the viewers and 10 voices giggled and gasped when they saw the stunning brunette stepping into the stage.

The handsome one couldn't mask her shock and a camera caught Moonbyul's reaction in high quality.

Solar crossed the whole stage and stood beside the last competitor introduced before her.

______ Solar SSI, what an honor having you in the show. What motivated you to accept the invitation?_____ The host asked with a nice smile.

______ Well, it's a great opportunity for rock singers. Especially because the Korean music business is usually focused on idol groups. Second, I am thrilled to be able to compete against these talented ladies over here. 

______ Is there anyone that you see as a major rival? Musically, of course._____ The host provoked.

______ I respect them all. Can't wait to watch each performance. I'm sure the stage will be on fire._____ Solar didn't fall for the trap.

______ How about you, Moonbyul SSI? Would you like to beat someone in the show?

Smiling charismatically, the black-haired one looked around and then said:

______ I hope I beat each one of them because I wanna win. No, seriously. I admire these talented women. As far as I'm concerned, we are here to shine. Not to say negative things about each other.

______ Okay. Let's watch closely and see how long you all are going to keep the "girl power" speech. It's going to be fun._____ The man winked and started explaining about their first round.

Solar discreetly glanced at Moonbyul. Yet, the taller one kept her eyes in front of her and pretended not to feel that she was being observed.

One by one, the contestants picked a number inside a box and the first battles were settled.

Deep down, the skinny girl got relieved that she wouldn't have to perform against Solar yet. 

Moonbyul was also a composer and songwriter and she knew the brunette's talent level.

The black-haired girl almost ate her agent once she met him backstage.

The older guy tried to play innocent but she knew that he was lying.

A familiar voice echoed behind Moonbyul's back and her whole body trembled.

______ Byul-ah, I think we should talk.______ Solar murmured a bit hesitantly.

Exhaling, the younger one turned her head and forced a smile:

_______ And we will. Whenever it is strictly necessary. Until one of us gets eliminated.

_______ I'm not here to fight. I'm just saying we should clarify things once and for all. It's been a long time._____ The ash-brown-haired one said with sincerity.

______ As you said, it's been a long time. There is no point in messing with the past. Bye. Let's go, oppa._____ The handsome one kept a polite tone and walked away.

_____ Damn it, Byul-ah...______ The gorgeous singer murmured after being left behind and cried.

_____ x _____

The following weeks were tense and difficult for both women.

The 12 contestants recorded 3 episodes ahead and 2 of them had already been eliminated.

Solar did her best to act cool whenever Moonbyul was around even though the vocal judges, the host, and even some fans kept trying to make them attack each other.

The show was getting attention from the general public and the numbers were attracting big brands.

The whole group was invited for a photo shoot and some ads.

The individual pictures made the fans go crazy. However, the photographer also took pictures of trios and pairs. And obviously, Solar back hugging her archenemy while having a sensual glare on her face went viral in seconds.

Soon, Moonbyul's fans started asking for a collaboration between their idol and her rival.

In the fourth episode, the black--haired artist had the chance to choose who she wanted to perform with. Yet, she ignored the popular demand and picked a singer who had lost twice.

Solar and Moonbyul won their rounds and helped their pairs go to the next phase.

One month on air was more than enough to guarantee the show's popularity and raise rumors about a second season.

Meanwhile, the competitors couldn't stop speculating what was the real problem between the two most famous ones, since they barely exchanged two words while Moonbyul was usually sociable and nice to them.

The host explained that the opponents would need to play an instrument during their next battle and all the girls picked a card and found their competitor.

Solar sighed with relief because she didn't want it to be the handsome one that soon.

The week went by pretty fast and Moonbyul was the second to perform.

The black-haired one played the drums while wearing a head mic and the judges went crazy in love.

Since the artist had started her music career in a rock band, playing 4 instruments was natural in her shows.

Solar had a similar background and she chose the guitar for her song.

Once again, the rivals won their rounds with a big gap over their opponents.

To everybody's complete shock, their names were sorted as direct opponents for the next battle.

Moonbyul grabbed her necklace with some strength while trying to handle her anxiety.

Solar saw it and got worried, which made her lose focus on what the host was explaining.

The young man told the female artists that they could choose a western artist's song to sing this time. However, they had to inform the production team in advance to avoid legal issues with the record companies.

Moonbyul marched backstage and had a panic attack.

Her agent tried to calm her down by saying a bunch of things she barely heard.

Solar ran towards the black-haired one, rubbed her back in a comforting way, and told her to breathe in and out slowly.

The younger one did as the ash-brown-haired one said and then the woman invited her to count to ten.

The agent watched the two enemies interacting so peacefully that he got totally confused.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter