001

guess we gotta leave it up to luck now
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Ten was ready for the new season in fashion. The stress and urgency of it all drove his creative flow and it helped greatly with his production quality, and ultimately helped get his name as a fashion designer out there. There was an impending runway showcasing seasonal trends and upcoming lines for markets in the industry the company had made deals with and Ten was a part of it. Luckily this time around, Ten was part of the leading production team and it was his job to make sure everything looked good and attractive, clothes and models alike. Ten already had a very planned and perfected lineup in his head of what he wanted for this showcase and he was meeting the models today, which would help the image come alive for him. All of the sketches he had lining the pages of his sketchbook and all the patterns, colors, and ideas just waiting to be projected to the world were ready and Ten was in a cloud of euphoria. This was the start for Ten and he had to make sure everything was perfect down to the smallest detail. This was his big break. 

But it was the first day and he was already losing his footing with his colleagues. He was familiar with the designers on his team, having already worked with them several times before and established healthy friendships. They had true talent and Ten had believed nothing would be a challenge if he had them by his side, but then he found out they had been assigned to them a whole new slew of models and it made Ten's stomach turn. He didn't always have the best times with new models. There were new boundaries to set and new people to sift through in order to find the good and respectful ones, and there was more harassment to endure as the designer who had been catching everyone's eye recently. It was all unwanted, and Ten didn't need that kind of stress when this was his dream in the making. He had better things to worry about. 

Ten sighed to himself, rolling his eyes as he jotted down the details of the measurement he'd just taken. This model had an incredibly long inseam and was going to need bottoms with long legs, something Ten was going to need to pay close attention to since he was making everything by hand. Some people were just blessed with height, something that Ten had wished for his entire life. He wasn't exactly short, but he wasn't as tall as he would like. It was something he had accepted now as an adult though and considered it a charm of his. 

But back to measurements, this part of the process was frustrating in general, but this particular model was moving too much and he continued to do so even after Ten had requested he limit his movement. All of his flexing and his swaying from foot to foot seemed a habit of his but Ten wanted so badly for him to keep still so he could get correct lengths. This was important and he felt his judgment was hindered and Ten needed to make clothes that fit him. And what was even worse than all the movement was that the model was flirting with him even when Ten wasn't reciprocating or responding. It was annoying and it was starting to really frustrate him. 

Ten really hated when the models he worked with tried flirting with him. All he was doing was trying to work and get things done but somehow this was an invitation to ask for his number and try to get drinks later that night. While this model had yet to do so, Ten could feel in his bones that it was coming and it was distracting him from what he needed to do. Ten had to be meticulous with measurements but this model was not cooperating and Ten had half a mind to tell him off before he got anywhere and decided to try and get him in bed. Ten was not in the mood. 

He'd only just met the guy. They worked in the same company but it wasn't often that Ten rotated through the models. He was assigned to mostly the same few but this time around there was not one familiar face on his team, and one just so happened to be Johnny Suh, a big-shot from Chicago who came to South Korea to chase his dreams. Ten for one could relate but the man just wasn't his style. He was loud and flirty, incredibly overbearing and outspoken and it was aggravating. 

“Johnny-ssi, please stand still,” Ten pleaded for the third time as he wrapped the measuring tape around the narrowest part of Johnny’s waist. He ignored the way Johnny flexed his abdomen, making the already defined lines of muscle pop even more. Ten really needed these numbers and if Johnny moved one more time he was going to scream. His voice was only growing firmer and getting more direct with each time he said something to Johnny, "It's hard to take measurements when you keep moving." 

"Sorry. Didn't mean to show off," Johnny smirked happily. He most definitely did mean to show off otherwise he would've just stayed standing there because that was simple enough. Ten did his best to not roll his eyes at the man but this was all so textbook. Johnny was already proving he was an and Ten's tolerance was dwindling by the second. Just a few more numbers and they would be done, and hopefully, he wouldn't have to exclusively work with him the whole time they were on the same team. There were many other models Ten could work with and he made a mental note to assign Johnny to someone else so he could be their problem, not his. 

"What do you think of me, Ten ssi? Do you think I look good?" Johnny asked, cocky with a sly smile and hooded eyes. Ten swore he bit his lip as well but he was seeing red at this point and had stopped noticing the small and flirty details. He knew this was coming because it was never not coming. 

"All models in the industry are supposed to look good," Ten mentioned offhandedly as he jotted down the numbers he had taken of Johnny's waist. It was nice and thin and Ten could already imagine the look he was going to assign to him. He would have to give Johnny something cropped or maybe something cinched to take advantage of his physique; something flattering. There were so many options, "So yes, I guess you fit the bill.”

Johnny laughed, surprisingly quiet and short, coming straight from the chest. Ten was funny and Johnny liked to hear him speak, "Answer me this: Do I have the perfect body for your designs?" he pressed, again moving to flex his chest and abdomen with a little more show and direction, obviously doing so for Ten. It was completely unnecessary but he was trying to gain a reaction from Ten, who wasn't giving him any. 

This time was no different. Ten moved onto Johnny's arms, silently asking him to lift one with a wave of his hand and a gentle tap on his elbow so he could measure the circumference of his bicep, "I design clothes to fit all body types. Because all bodies are perfect," it was a mindset he had believed from when he was a child. His mother and father had taught him well and it was something he strived for as a designer. He had no bias on any kind of body. 

Johnny laughed again, intrigued by his answer, "That a yes?" he asked, his lips, eyes still hooded as though attempting to seduce Ten. He was incredibly amused with the situation and with Ten being so standoffish, it was only encouraging him to continue. He wanted to see how far he could push Ten. 

Ten huffed as he finished on Johnny's bicep, then moving to measure the length of his arm for sleeves. He didn't want to answer his question, but to be polite and to appease him, he gave a short nod to confirm that yes, he had a perfect body but only because all bodies were perfect, like he had told him before. Ten knew Johnny just wanted to hear him say it, so he wasn't going to. A nod was enough of an answer, and if he asked again it was only going to get ignored. 

Johnny was not giving up and cleared his throat, a mischievous smile on his face, "I'm curious. Would you date a guy like me, Ten-ssi?” he asked, turning so Ten was no longer focused on his arm and they were both forced to look at each other. Ten was in the middle of looking at the numbers and he hadn't even been able to get them before Johnny decided now was the time to physically interrupt his work. He always chose the worst times to distract Ten. 

Ten was thankful for this so Johnny could see his eye roll, pushing past Johnny's efforts. He had to take a second to compose himself and come up with an answer that wasn't going to completely destroy what little professionalism he still had in his system, "I would date anyone I have a connection with because that's what matters most,” the emotional connection was the most important part. Physical aspects were just a plus no matter what they looked like, “If we had a connection, maybe I would but that’s never a guarantee either," Ten tried to go back to measuring Johnny's arm, wanting to force him to move the way he wanted but Ten wasn't trying to catch a charge. That would not be a good look for him, especially not when he had a whole show run and organized by himself, “I don’t just date anyone. I have to know them first.”

"You could get to know me," Johnny bit his lip subtly, eyes hooded as though attempting to seduce Ten into his ways. Ten could see it all in his peripheral but continued with his work. He momentarily wondered if it would be appropriate to pinch Johnny while he measured and claim it was an accident, but he shook his head. That would be a little too much and he was never one to resort to violence, even if it was as small as a pinch. 

"I'm too busy for that," Ten settled on with a blank expression, writing down yet another measurement after basically wrestling Johnny for it. He was almost done but with how frustrated he was it was becoming more difficult to continue. 

Ten wanted to stop what he was doing and leave to have a moment alone to scream because this was all so typical. This was a part of his job; just because Ten was all over model’s bodies getting measurements of every inch, that didn't mean he was asking for unwanted attention like that. Johnny had proven several times that morning that he thought the same and Ten was sick of it. He was seconds away from exploding out of anger, and what Johnny said next had Ten seeing red. 

“I’ve been looking forward to working with you,

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter