My Everything

You Are My Reason

“We can’t have a black wedding Yongie Hyung.” Ten sighed as he looked at the older.

 

“We both love black Ten.” Taeyong informed him.

 

“Are you having a goth wedding hyung?” Kun chimed in, handing the two their iced coffee, freshly brewed by Johnny who was behind the counter.

 

“or Halloween?” Ten asked and Taeyong shook his head.

 

“Does Yuta hyung have other favorite colors? Or you?” Kun asked and Taeyong pondered for a while.

 

“White.” Taeyong replied.

 

“Perfect, an all white wedding. Or I mean you both will have a white tux, white flowers and the guest can wear black suits and dresses.” Ten snapped his finger.

 

“It’s tradition for Japanese to have the moms wear a black Kimono right?” Kun added, always the smart one.

 

“And you like pink right? Maybe we could add a few accent pieces and it can match your mom’s pastel pink hanbok.” Ten added and Taeyong’s eyes went wide and hugged the two.

 

“I Love you both!” Taeyong exclaimed resulting to some serious throat clearing from Johnny and Sicheng. “Like I’m stealing the two of you, I am getting married here mind you.” Taeyong shouted then returned

 

“And Kun, can you help me with one more thing?” Taeyong asked and Kun nodded. “You know that I mostly tend to compose upbeat songs right?” Taeyong asked and Kun nodded even more. “I may want to compose ballad for Yuta.” Taeyong shyly said and both Kun and Ten squealed.

 

“That is so romantic hyung!” Ten was so excited. “Let’s make this happen!” Ten screamed and Taeyong laughed at how supportive his friends are.

 

 

Doyoung grimaced when he saw Ten but of course it was all an act because the two of them just had to be petty. Doyoung and Ten hugged after and sat down as they work on planning the wedding decors and the program because everyone in their circle knows that the MC should always be Doyoung, well maybe except when the even is about Doyoung.

 

“Does Taeyong hyung and Yuta hyung decided on the wedding song?” Doyoung asked.

 

“He’s working something with Kun.” Ten informed him and Doyougn perked up with the information.

 

“He is? Oh my goodness, that would be awesome.” Doyoung remarked.

 

“Have they chosen the entourage?” Doyoung asked and Ten shook his head.

 

“I bowed out though, I’d be busy coordinating the wedding” Ten replied.

 

“That makes sense.” Doyoung sighed. “Is it weird that I am more excited for this wedding than Jaehyun’s proposal?” He asked and it made Ten laugh.

 

Jaehyun’s proposal was of course meticulously planned and executed and it was beautiful, but there is just something about Yuta and Taeyong getting married that had the whole friend group hyped about, maybe because they are so perfect for each other and it took a while before they got to accept that they are more than friends from the get go. They are each other’s rock and reason to survive the struggles of daily life.

 

“You’re not. We’re all invested in their love life more than ours.” Ten laughed and they both understood, it was true. From drunken nights because they thought that it was unrequited love, or not making a move because they didn’t want to tip the delicate balance and lose their friendship.

 

“Everything will be perfect, I just know it.” Doyoung said and Ten gave him a high five.

 

 

----

 

Kun welcomed Taeyong to his studio, it was just a few doors from his since they work at the same company, and sat him down to discuss the project. Taeyong was a dear friend to Kun, when he was a bumbling mess of Chinese and Korea, Taeyong was one of the few people who took him in and made him adjust as a foreign student. He was also one of his greatest support group, helping him when he’s in a slump and encouraging him again and again whenever he doubted himself. So this request, this song, this is something dear to him, and he’ll do everything to make this perfect.

 

“So I am thinking of a ballad for the wedding march, maybe ask Taeil hyung to sign it? .” Taeyong said and Kun nodded. ‘I’ve listed down my thoughts, they are not complete lyrics but I hope it makes sense.” Taeyong handed the notes and Kun browsed through it.

 

‘Jaehyun’s usually better in lyrics, maybe we could ask for his help?” Kun suggested.

 

“Yeah, I was thinking of that.” Taeyong answered him. ‘Do you think Yuta will like it?” Taeyong asked nervously.

 

“Of course hyung, he likes everything about you.” Kun replied with a beautiful smile making Taeyong blush and giddy.

 

“I’m so whipped right?” Taeyong chuckled and Kun nodded.

 

“That’s your charm hyung, and that made Yuta hyung so confident in facing the world.” Kun sighed and took Taeyong’s hand. “because he knew that you will always be there, standing next to him and supporting him in whatever outcome.” Kun finished and Taeyong was teary eyed.

 

“He’s my reason Kun.” Taeyong stated.

 

“And you are his eveything hyung.” Kun said and they were both teary eyed.

 

“Promise me you’ll let me help when you four get married.” Taeyong said an Kun laughed.

 

“If one of us has the balls to propose.” Kun replied and Taeyong shrugged his shoulders then laughed.

 

Kun and Taeyong are great partners and with the help of Jaehyun with the lyrics, composing Taeyong’s song for Yuta was a beautiful process.

 

“I think a duet would be nice?” Kun suggested and Jaehyun nodded his head.

 

“We have to go with Taeil hyung though.” Jaehyun suggested.

 

“I’m thinking Dejun could do the duet, his voice works well with Taeil hyung.” Kun suggested too.

 

“Yuta would love it if Taeil hyung and Dejun sings it, he loves those two,.” Taeyong agreed. “any way to squeeze in Mark?” Taeyong asked.

 

“He’ll do one song with Johnny, Yuta hyugn would love it.” Kun assured him.

 

‘Johnny hyung is doing a set?” Jaehyun asked and Kun nodded.

 

‘of course, he has too, we can’t afford an expensive DJ.” Kun replied and it made Taeyong laugh.

 

“Ten is definitely rubbing off on you Kun.” Taeyong remarked and Kun laughed with him.

 

“Can’t shake him off even if I try.” Kun replied.

 

---

 

 

The wedding was in a few hours and Ten was in his super stressed mode. He does this for a living but today is not just an ordinary day, this is Taeyong’s and Yuta’s wedding, it has to be perfect. Kun had already checked the sound system which took some of the weight off of his shoulders while Johnny and Sicheng were both in charge of the groom’s entourage. Johnny was keeping Taeyong from going into a cardiac arrest along with Doyoung, Jaehyun and Jungwoo while Sicheng making Sure Yuta won’t get drunk before the wedding, with Taeil, Mark and Haechan helping him. The younger members of the friend group were busy entertaining guests, and Ten couldn’t be any prouder of how they all are making an effort for this even to be perfect.

 

Ten suddenly felt arms around him and he relaxed knowing that it was Kun. “How are you feeling Yongqin?” Kun asked then planted a kiss on his head.

 

“Stressed but fine, I guess excited too.” Ten replied. “You?” Ten asked back.

 

“Nervous, I’d be playing one of the most important songs of my life.” Kun replied and Ten chuckled.

 

“So I was close to dying trying to snatch away the champagne bottle from Yuta hyung and then I get excluded in a the hug?” They both turned to a pouting Sicheng and Kun immediately gestured him and Johnny who was walking behind Sicheng. The  two immediately squeezed their way and the four laughed as they held each other tightly.

 

There was a knock on the door and Shotaro entered the room to give Taeyong Yuta’s gift. Taeyong hugged the younger and thanked him and told him to stay for a while. Taeyong gingerly opened the box and it was a corsage of white and pink roses, embellished in silver and rhinestones. But what caught his attention was the locket with a Ruby on the cover. When he opened it, he started to tear up because it was a picture of Ruby, his dog that passed a few years back. Taeyong had mourned the lost of his beloved bet and Yuta was there to comfort him. And even now, Yuta never forgotten to include her.

 

“You’ll ruin your make up Yong.” Doyoung remarked, getting tissues to help his friend but he himself was tearing up.

 

“Taro.” Taeyong called the boy who smiled at him.

 

“Oni-chan loves you so much hyung, you deserve each other.” Shotaro said and Taeyong could only cry as Doyoung took the corsage and pin it on his suit lapel.

 

----

 

Sungchan entered Yuta’s room after knocking and he greeted Yuta, congratulating him on his special day. “Taeyong hyung wanted you to have this.” Sungchan gave him a box and Yuta thanked him before opening it.

 

Yuta was expecting some sort of jewelry because it’s their thing but he did not expect it to be this beautiful. It was an earring, an angel’s wing, with both pink tourmaline and ruby. He was sure Taeyong would have a matching set. But aside from that, there were jeweled hair clips because Taeyong loved slipping his bangs away from his face, and a corsage that had a picture of Rapunzel. Rapunzel was left in Japan due to restrictions and it meant a lot that Taeyong took time to make sure that his Rappu-chan is included in the wedding.

 

“I love him so much.” Yuta remarked as he cried.

 

“We know.” Sicheng rolled his eeys but pulled Haechan to fix Yuta’s make up while he and Taeil helped Yuta with the accessories.

 

 

----

 

“Are you happy Taeyong?” Mrs. Lee asked and Taeyong nodded with a smile.

 

“Very happy mom.” Taeyong repleid and Mrs. Lee nodded, tryong hard not to cry because her precious son is getting married.

 

“Take care of Yuta okay?” Mrs. Lee Reminded her son who nodded.

 

“I always do mom.” Taeyong responded.

 

“Are you guys ready?” They heard Ten asked and there was a resounding yes. Ten had a go over with them, checking and arranging their suits. He then congratulated  Mr and Mrs. Lee, complimenting Mrs. Lee for looking radiant in her hanbok, then turning to Taeyong to fix his suit.

 

“Don’t forget to smile Taeyong hyung, this is your wedding.” Ten reminded him and Taeyong nodded with a laugh.

 

 

Kun played River in you as the wedding march started. Doyoung was up first as the best man. He walked with a smile on his face and he took his time, reminded of Ten’s words to walk with ease and not like he was being chased by a pride of lions. Taeyong’s groomsmen followed and they stood on the left side of the gazebo.   Mr and Mrs. Lee walked next, and stopped midway and waited for Taeyong. Taeyong then walked on his own as Ten gave him the signal. He was smiling to the attendees, they were people that he knew and who supported him and Yuta in every step that they took. He met his parents at the middle of the aisle and he took his mother’s arm to her towards the gazebo.

 

 

Ten did a go over at Yuta’s entourage, fixing their suits and accessories. He complimented Mrs. Nakamoto, she’s radiant in her tomesode. He also congratulated Mr. Nakamoto before hugging Yuta lightly and complimenting his beautiful friend.

 

“This is Yuta hyung, are you ready?” Ten asked and Yuta nodded with a big smile.

 

“More than ready.” Yuta replied and Ten smiled wider.

 

“Let’s get you married.” Ten said and allowed them to form a line.

 

 

Yuta’s entourage were up next, Taeil walking first as Yuta’s best man. He then went straight to where Kun was and he smiled at the pianist. Dejun and Renjun joined him and they each took a microphone each. The rest of Yuta’s entourage walked down he aisle smiling at everyone and most especially at Taeyong. Mr. And Mrs. Nakamoto walked next with the door closing behind them, and Taeyong was smiling as he looked at them.  They also stopped in the middle and waited for Yuta.

 

Kun transitioned to a new song and Taeyong was surprised that it was not what he and Kun composed. Renjun started signing and the door opened and everyone stood as Yuta made his way down the aisle.

 

You’re my everything
I want to protect you in your days and your nights
To me, you’re the miracle
I hope I can see

 

The lyrics hit Taeyong and he made eye contact with Yuta. He felt tears form in his eyes, blurring his vision, but he can see Yuta’s smile clearly. Doyoung handed him a handkerchief but he himself was emotional.

 

Yuta met his parents andgave them each a kiss on their cheeks before taking his mother’s hand and putting it in his arm. The three walked down the aisle together just as Mr. And Mrs. Lee joined their son at the foot of the gazebo to welcome Yuta.

 

 

At the end of this long wait that seems to have no end, you’re the one

 

 

Taeyong-chan, I’m entrusting my son to you.” Mr. Nakamoto said and Taeyong nodded.

 

Thank you atouchan.” Taeyong replied and Mr. And Mrs.  Nakamoto enveloped him in an embrace just as Yuta was enveloped in a tight embrace by Mr and Mrs. Lee.

 

 

“Did you like my surprise?” Yuta asked and Taeyong nodded. “I asked Kun to help me with it. It’s how much you mean to me” Yuta added.

 

‘I love you so much Yuta.” Taeyong was starting to tear up once more and Yuta wiped the tears away from his face.

 

“I love you too.” Yuta replied.

 

 

The song ended and Taeil returned to his spot as the ceremony started. The officiant welcomed everyone and proceeded to bless over the couple as Taeyong and Yuta held hands, smiles on their faces and eyes glittering as the sun sets beautifully in the back ground.

 

Kun Joined Ten at the side and kissed his cheek then wiping the tears from his face.

 

“How could you keep a secret so well?” Ten asked and Kun chuckled.

 

“you’re asking that when you had to do the impossible to get me to confess?” Kun asked and Ten smiled.

 

“You’re amazing Kun.” Ten said and kissed his cheek.

 

 

----

 

Kun was working on a composition when Yuta knocked on the door of his studio.

 

“Was it a bad time?” Yuta asked and Kun shook his head.

 

“Come in hyung, just tweaking this song for an idol group debuting in a couple of months.” Kun said and saved his work. :Anything I could help you with?” Kun asked and Yuta shyly showed Kun a notebook.

 

“I kind of wanted to surprise Taeyong, I want to walk down the aisle with a song that expresses what he means to me.” Yuta said and Kun looked at the notes and smiled. “Some of it doesn’t make sense.” Yuta shyly said.

 

“Does anything make sense in life?” Kun replied and it made Yuta laugh. “My everything?” Kun asked, encircling the phrase written at the side of the paper.

 

“Yeah, Taeyong’s my everything.” Yuta answered and Kun let out a loud exhale.

 

“Let’s do this hyung. Let’s make Taeyong hyung cry?” Kun asked and Yuta nodded with a laugh.

 

 

As they worked on the piece, Kun had asked if there is someone he would want to sing it.

 

“Taeil hyung, I’ve talked to him and Dejun, my baby.” Yuta replied and Kun had an internal battle because if these two sings the wedding march, Taeyong’s song won’t sound unique.

 

“I think it would be good to have a third vocal? I can hear Renjun harmonizing with Taeil hyung and Dejun.” Kun suggested and Yuta smiled and nodded.

 

“I love Renjun’s voice, let’s go for it.” Yuta beamed with a big smile.

 

 

----

 

“I would request everyone to quiet down as the couple exchanges their vows.” The officiant said.

 

Taeyong took Yuta’s hand and kissed them.

 

“Yuta, my yukkiri,” Taeyong started and Yuta smiled at him. “Have I ever told you how much I love you?” Taeyong asked and Yuta nodded. “Have I told you how you saved me?” Taeyong asked and Yuta nodded. “Have I ever told you that you are my reason?” Taeyong asked and Yuta shook his head.

 

“You are my reason Yuta, why I am still here, why i can face the world, and brave through any storm, You are the reason my heart beats and the reason why I can stand tall. Yuta, I found my purpose in life because of you.” Taeyong said and Yuta tried to hold back the tears. “My life would be meaningless without you, and everything won’t matter because the reason will always be you.” Taeyong said and held his hand tighter. “Yuta, I can’t promise forever but I can promise my whole life for you, everything that I am, everything that I have is for you, and only you. I love you.” Taeyong said and smiled, wiping Yuta’s cheek with his thumb.

 

 

“Taeyong, my Taeki.” Yuta started. “I’ve always felt like I am nothing.” Yuta choked up and Taeyong mouthed that he is definitely not nothing. “I’ve always felt that I am not enough, that I am useless but you never left me, you’ve always held my hand and assured me that I am something, that I can be someone’s everything. And I knew from the moment that you held my hand and never let it go, that I wanted to be your everything, because you are my everything. You are the miracle that I had wished for, the light at the end of the dark tunnel. You’ve given up so much to be by side and I can’t fathom how you bared the sacrifices but I can give everything I have for you and only you.” Yuta was crying know and Taeyong can’t help but shed the tears of his own. “Taeyong, my everything, you will always have me, no matter what life throws at us, you have me because losing you meant losing my everything. I love you so much.” Yuta cried and Taeyong pulled him so their foreheads touched.

 

 

“I love you Yuta.” Taeyong whispered cupping the younger’s cheeks.

 

“I love you so much Yong.” Yuta responded.

 

“You may kiss your husband.” The officiant said and Taeyong leaned in to do so to the applause of the guests. “By the power vested upon me, I now pronounce you husbands.” He said with a teary eye nad a wide smile.

 

 

---

 

The reception started with the first dance and Taeyong led Yuta towards the center of the dance floor. The lights were dimmed and the spotlight shined on them. Kun started playing the intro and Taeyong smiled.

 

“Listen carefully.” Taeyong said and lead Yuta to dance the waltz.

 

Taeil and Dejun stood next to Kun and they were ready to sing, to serenade the couple on their first dance as husbands.

 

There goes my heart beating
'Cause you are the reason
I'm losing my sleep
Please come back now

 

 

“You’re not the only one with a surprise.” Taeyong said and Yuta smiled but his eyes were watery.

 

I'd climb every mountain
And swim every ocean
Just to be with you
And fix what I've broken
Oh, 'cause I need you to see
That you are the reason

 

Taeyong twirled Yuta and the younger of the two laughed as he enjoyed the dance but when Taeyong slowed down and pulled him close, placing Yuta’s hand on his shoulders and his hands on Yuta’s waist, Yuta shed tears as he looked at his husband, mirroring him.

 

“I love you so much.” Yuta said and leaned to kiss Taeyong, his hands moving from Taeyong’s shoulder’s to his nape just as Taeyong tightened the grip on Yuta’s waist.

 

The melody filled the room and combined with Dejun’s and Taeil’s voices, everyone was tearing up witnessing such love so strong it affected everyone. They can tell that they are soulmates, best friends and partners in life.

 


The song ended but no one dared to stop the two hearts from soaking in the moment of their union so Kun played the song in a loop, enveloping the couple in the melody of reassurance and above all undying love for each other.

 

 

A/n: that went on longer than expected. I hope Taeyong and Yuta would always be happy and comfortable to express themselves wherever they are.