End

How to Say "I Love You"
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The next day at school, Kyuhyun managed to stop Jongwoon in an empty hallway after class, mentally preparing himself to confess. Donghae and Hyukjae were hiding behind a set of lockers a few feet away, watching the action from a distance. When Kyuhyun looked in their direction, they gave him a smile and a thumbs up, telling him that he’d do fine.

 

Kyuhyun took a deep breath, giving Jongwoon an awkward grin.

 

“Uhm…..”

 

Kyuhyun was struggling.

 

What’s something nice I can say to him? Why didn’t I think this through earlier? Ah …..

 

Jongwoon stares at him with his small, black eyes, patiently waiting for him to speak.

 

“Uhm, Kyuhyun ---- “

 

“Sometimes I don’t vomit when I see you. AlsobythewayIjustwantedtosaythatIlikeyouokaybyeseeyouaround!”

 

Before Jongwoon could even reply, Kyuhyun ran down the very same hallway where Donghae confessed to Hyukjae so fast that he nearly plowed down class president Park Jungsoo and vice president Kim Heechul on the way out.

 

“Kyuhyun-ssi! No running in the halls please!” Jungsoo reminded calmly fixing his glasses that has somehow become lopsided after nearly running into Kyuhyun.

 

After watching the incident, Donghae and Hyukjae face palmed from behind the lockers, shaking their heads.

 

“Well, he couldn’t have ed that up any worse.” Donghae said, shaking his head.

 

Hyukjae just sighed, pinching the bridge of his nose.

 

“You know that Jongwoon is good friends with Ryeowook and Sungmin, those two are social butterflies. This will spread around the school fast.” Hyukjae said, smacking himself in the face of disappointment.

 

“Well, first of all, let’s just hope that Kyuhyun didn’t get busted by the hall monitors for running. I think Zhoumi and Henry are on monitor duty today, and they don’t give mercy when it comes to handing out referrals.” Donghae said, biting his lips.

 

“He almost got busted by Park and Kim, but he got off without any punishment. I think he’ll be alright. Anyway, where did Kyuhyun go…..?” Hyukjae asked, looking around where they were standing.

 

Donghae and Hyukjae looked at each other widening with realization.

 

“!”

 

“Hey you two Lees! No cursing in the hallway please!”

 

“Not now Jungsoo!”

 

Jungsoo and Heechul could only watch Donghae and Hyukjae speedwalked out of the building as fast as they could, trying not to break school rules anymore as they went to find their most-likely embarrassed friend.

 

 

---------------------

 

 

After an hour of fruitless searching, Donghae and Hyukjae crouched down next to him in the grass, trying not to get their pants dirty as they checked on their friend.

 

“…..Kyuhyun?” Hyukjae asked softly, waving a hand across Kyuhyun’s line of sight.

 

“I messed up guys.” Kyuhyun said, smacking himself in the face.

 

“Well, not to be straightforward or anything, but you really ed that up pretty bad.” Donghae said, patting Kyuhyun’s shoulder.

 

“I know! Out of all things I could’ve said, why…..that.” Kyuhyun said, his face wrinkling with distaste.

 

“I don’t know, but get it over quickly! If you want to make up for what you did, you have to outdo yourself…..but in a good way, please.” Hyukjae said, shrugging casually.

 

“I know, but how am I going to clean up a mess as big as this?” Kyuhyun asked, groaning loudly.

 

“Easy, you create a bigger mess that cancels out the first one.” Donghae said, grinning dumbly.

 

Hyukjae and Kyuhyun blinked, giving Donghae strange looks.

 

“Okay, don’t do that, first of all. Secondly, let’s try this, for example. Pretend I’m Jongwoon, and I’m asking you if you have a boyfriend or not. How will you respond?” Hyukjae asked, motioning for Kyuhyun to reply.

 

When Kyuhyun looked at him in confusion, Hyukjae shook his head, opting to restart instead of explaining the whole thing.

 

“Alright, so, I’m Jongwoon, okay? Now, I’m asking you, do you have a boyfriend?” Hyukjae asked.

 

“…..Yes.”

 

Donghae raised an eyebrow in surprise but didn’t say anything, wanting to see how the rest of the conversation would go.

 

“Alright, where’s he from?” Hyukjae asked, confused as to why Kyuhyun said he has a boyfriend when he…..well, didn’t.

 

“From another nation.” Kyuhyun replied.

 

“What nation?” Hyukjae asked.

 

“…..my imagination.”

 

Donghae held back a snort.

 

“Kyuhyun! Take this seriously!” Hyukjae scolded smacking Kyuhyun’s arm.

 

“I am trying, but how can I imagine you as Jongwoon when you’re dating Donghae? It doesn’t seem right.” Kyuhyun said, sighing heavily.

 

“Fine then, Donghae, break up with me for five minutes, okay?” Hyukjae asked, kissing Donghae’s cheek.

 

“Alright, for five minutes, Hyukjae is single, only for five minutes though. Kyuhyun, if you make a move on Hyukjae within those five minutes, I’m cutting off your !” Donghae threatened, giving Kyuhyun a scary look.

 

“Damn, okay, okay! I’m not going to do anything!” Kyuhyun said, throwing his hands up in self-defense.

 

Hyukjae smiled, turning back to Kyuhyun.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter