men are trash

twenty-one
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

A/N: Didn't expect me to update in a couple days huh, LOL. I have a couple chapters drafted, not much yet but there is a completed outline so there's that.

Thanks for the support, I hope you all enjoy this! As always please stay safe and healthy, until next time!

Months have passed since the two of them first played each other at the neighborhood courts. Since then, they’ve been playing against each other every other day, fueling the rivalry even more with all the talk and taunting. And right now, Seulgi was down by a lot like she’s getting her handed to her, the score was 20:14 and Irene had the ball.

 

“Tsk, tsk. We’ve played each other like fifty times already and you’ve only won fifteen games. Such a shame, I think what you need is some help.” Irene said before driving the ball into the lane and releasing it for a floater.

 

Irene smirked at Seulgi and continued, “I’ll gladly help you, but under one condition though. You have to say I’m better than you in front of our teams.”

 

“Over my dead body,” Seulgi replied, picking up the ball. She was determined to win against Irene, even though she had more losses than wins, any win feels good as long as Irene loses.

 

Just as they were about to play again, a basketball rolled onto their court and a voice came along.

 

“Hey, baby girls! Be a sweet little doll and pass the ball back.”

 

The two of them looked at the other court and found the owner of the voice, a scrawny guy that looked as if he hadn't showered in days. He stood there waiting, with his hands resting on his hips while his friend was laughing away.

 

He called out again, “I’m not sure if you girls heard me the first time. But can you be a doll and pass the ball back? If it’s too hard and you don’t want to break a nail, you can just roll it back.”

 

“Who do you think you’re calling baby girls?” Seulgi scoffed at the misogynistic douchebag, picking up the ball and chucking it at him.

 

“Woah, feisty huh? I like it when girls are like that. Hey, you know what? Me and my friend over here,” He pointed to his friend that was laughing, “We can teach you how to play basketball.”

 

This time Irene snorted and laughed, she couldn’t believe what was happening. These two random guys are trying to teach her and Seulgi how to play basketball–what an absolute joke! Did he not see Seulgi and her playing just a moment ago? Oh, she’s about to have the time of her life embarrassing this guy and his friend.

 

“Okay, well how about this. If we,” Irene motioned at Seulgi and herself, “Beat you in a pickup game, then the two of you stop harassing us and never show up here again.”

 

The guy stood there, weighing out his options, and answered, “Fine, but if we win, the two of you go out on a date with us.”

 

“Alright,” Seulgi said, stretching her limbs, readying herself to kick some .

 

-

 

An hour passed and Irene and Seulgi were badly kicking their asses, the score was 20:7. There were perks of being on the basketball team and this was one of them, using their skills to put misogynistic men in their places.

 

All they needed was a single point to win and Irene had the ball as she drove in for a layup but it missed, thankfully Seulgi was there to get the rebound and go back up. However, Seulgi landed wrong and rolled her left ankle when she came back down, wincing as Irene ran up to her and pulled her in for a celebration hug. It took them a hot second to realize that they were hugging and abruptly broke it off, awkwardly laughing at the matter.

 

“Pack it up boys, you lost by a landslide,” Irene said, giving Seulgi a high-five.

 

The scrawny guy scoffed, “You only won cause we were being nice, we couldn’t let you lose.”

 

“Yeah, whatever makes you sleep at night. Let’s go.”

 

Irene and Seulgi walked away, heading to the bench where their things were. Irene waited until they were out of earshot before speaking up.

 

“Can you believe those guys?” She scoffed, “Being nice? We totally kicked their asses. Isn’t that right?”

 

Irene turned around to see Seulgi trailing behind her, limping, trying her best to catch up. She went back to Seulgi and tried to help her but was immediately rejected.

 

“I’m fine. I don’t need your help.”

 

“Are you that stubborn? You know you shouldn’t even be putting pressure on your ankle. C’mon, you know better than that. Now let me help you.”

 

Seulgi let out a dejected sigh, accepting the offer, and put her arm around Irene’s shoulder. They got to the bench and Irene lifted Seulgi’s leg up to see how bad her injury was, and boy was it bad, her ankle was pretty swollen as she winced at every touch from Irene.

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter