End (2/2)

Lost Star

"Brilliant! He has an adorable charm that people will fall for. Pair that with a unique magnetic voice and humble personality, he'll surely become a superstar in no time!"

"Of course, he will. Have my vision ever let you down?"

 

Kyuhyun boasted proudly while patting his student's hair. After taking extensive lessons from him for half a year and a month, Jongwoon was ready to present his first results to the company's president, in order to decide his future. The younger man was anxious but he was very confident. In the end, as he expected, both Shindong and Ryeowook who tagged along were completely charmed by Jongwoon's singing. The ambitious producer even already planned a grand debut for Jongwoon while Ryeowook kept praising the flustered young man, all the while he was watching them from the side. Picking Jongwoon up from the street that day was one of the best decisions in his life. Not only did he discover a talented student, but he also found an adorable younger brother to dote on. Despite having a difficult childhood, his student was very hopeful and always looked at the bright side. His sincere and innocent attitude was very refreshing for him who had spent decades in the entertainment circle where people tended to put on a mask. Overall, he was overjoyed that he had met Jongwoon.

 

"So? What do you think? Is he ready for a debut yet?"

"Hmm, his singing prowess is more than enough but he needs more exposure to how our world functions. For example, he needs to be able to converse and make a joke naturally. Can you do that? Jongwoon-ssi?"

"I'm not good at it but I'll try my best."

"Awesome! Then, could you please wait outside with Ryeowook? I've something to discuss with your teacher."

 

Jongwoon glanced at him and he nodded. So, the curly-haired boy bowed at them and followed the chatty scout out of the room. Kyuhyun sat down opposite the president and raised his brow, hinting at the other party to state his purpose. Shindong leaned forward and put his clasped hands on the table, before looking at him with a serious and observant expression.

 

"Kyuhyun, answer me truthfully, you love Jongwoon, don't you?"

 

The unexpected question caught him off guard and he stared at the famous producer in disbelief, shaking his head as he answered.

 

"Am I fond of him? Undoubtedly. Do I have any romantic feelings toward him? Absolutely not."

"You might say that but your works can't lie. I've seen the change in your music, Kyuhyun. They used to be melancholy and grim. Now, however, they sound more upbeat and lively. I almost couldn't believe my ears when I first listened to them that you're the composer."

"...Living with him makes my days brighter but the feeling is akin to having a cute younger brother. I didn't think of him that way."

"Sigh, have it your way then. However, you should be careful and watch out for how you act around him. Jongwoon is about to debut soon. If anyone finds out that you love him, they'll doubt the legitimacy of his debut no matter how talented he is. People are always ready to find faults."

 

Kyuhyun couldn't find any rebuttal for that. So, he simply nodded and left. He closed the door and came to face his student who was still chatting with Ryeowook. As soon as the young man saw him, Jongwoon beamed and came to stand beside him. A small hand tugged the hem of his shirt which also tugged the corner of his lips up. He was about to pat his student's fluffy hair but the president's words suddenly appeared in his mind. He pursed his lips and retracted his hand amidst the shorter man's quizzical look. Shindong was right. He might not love Jongwoon that way but it was very obvious that he was fond of the boy and people could mistake their relationship. Although he didn't want to, he ignored those puppy eyes and turned around.

 

"Let's go home. We need to strengthen your sense of variety show."

 

For the sake of his student's future, he had to push Jongwoon away.

.

.

.

.

"Hyung, can I ask you something?"

"Sure. Go ahead."

"Will our feelings get in the way of our careers after I debut?"

 

 

Kyuhyun accidentally spilled the soy sauce and cursed after he realized that the stir-fried sweet & sour pork had become just salty pork instead. He gave up on the dish and turned off the stove, before turning to see his student who was sitting at the dining table. He frowned.

 

"What did you just say?"

"...You avoid me after the talk with Shindong-ssi and won't touch me, so I hazard a guess that the president probably talked about our feelings because it's almost my debut now. Hyung, is it wrong that we love each other?"

"What nonsense are you talking about? I didn't love you, not the way you thought anyway. Most importantly, you should focus on your debut rather than a fleeting thing like romance."

"No, I love you and you also love me. Kyuhyun hyung, you like to hold my hand and hug me. When we sit together, you always hold my waist and nuzzle my hair. Plus, I-I can see in your eyes when hyung looks at me that hyung wants to k-kiss me and does more..."

 

Jongwoon touched his burning cheeks and shook his head, before looking up at him again.

 

"I love you, Kyuhyun hyung. And you definitely love me too."

"Jongwoon, you're misunderstanding. True, I act way too intimately around you, but it's just fondness not love and I'll cease it soon. That aside, you still should forget it and focus on improving yourself instead. Don't forget that your variety show skills are still lacking."

"I know and I'm working on it, but I don't understand why we can't be together..."

"Because there's nothing between us and, Jongwoon, listen, if you want to be a star then you must sacrifice your personal wants. Only when you abandon that baggage can you become successful."

"But I don't want to be a star!"

"What? But I heard you talk in your sleep that you want to be a star?"

"I did?... Oh. Hyung, you got it wrong! When I said that, I didn't mean a star as in a superstar. I don't want to be the brightest star that attracts everyone. I just want to be a tiny star that someone always looks at whenever they look at the sky... Kyuhyun hyung, I want to be your star, just as you're mine."

 

The smaller man stepped closer to him and grasped his hands when he was about to step back. Then, Jongwoon stared into his eyes. Various emotions were swirling in those determined dark eyes, causing his heart to skip a beat.

 

"Hyung... don't lie to me and yourself... please..."

"I... I-I..."

 

He wanted to keep denying but that pleading gaze absorbed all of his willpower. He couldn't do it. He didn't want to see Jongwoon sad. Kyuhyun freed one hand to brush a single teardrop hanging on the corner of the smaller man's eye. Then, his thumb caressed down to rub the chubby cheek in circles and stopped at the slightly-parting lips. He wondered what kind of a gaze he was making that caused his student to blush darkly. Jongwoon's eyelashes fluttered shut and he felt his heartbeat speed up. After hesitating for a few seconds, he shifted his thumb to the side and touched the soft lips, dragging along the full bottom lip back and forth. The shorter man still had his eyes close but his cheeks turned redder in response to the feathery touch. A quiet cry then escaped the luscious lips and set his heart on fire. He lifted the younger man's chin up with his index and middle finger and he slowly leaned in. Just as his breath hit the full lips, he felt Jongwoon squeezing their connected hands and the spell broke. Kyuhyun sprang away as if he was struck by a lightning and shook off the smaller hand. His student's heartbroken look stabbed his heart like a sharp knife but he didn't give in this time, instead quickly stepping away before that precious hand caught him.

 

"...I'm going to stay a night at my friend's place. Order whatever you want to eat on my tab and go to bed early. No practice tonight and tomorrow."

"Kyuhyun hyung—"

 

The door was closed before Jongwoon's voice reached him.

.

.

.

"What should I do? I really fell in love with my student..."

 

 

Kyuhyun groaned and took another big gulp of the soju. The alcoholic beverage instantly burned his throat and chest as it went down but it was nothing at all compared to the fire within his lower region. Had that kiss landed, he was definitely certain that the situation would have escalated and the two of them would have ended in bed, with him on top of Jongwoon who cried and begged with his uniquely hoarse voice for— . Kyuhyun slapped himself mentally and drank another big gulp, hoping to chase away the inappropriate dirty thoughts about his student.

 

"Jesus, calm down dude. I don't want to read tomorrow's headline news that a famous singer and composer with an initial K died of alcohol poisoning."

"You didn't answer me. What should I do? I really do love Jongwoon, not as a student but as someone whom I want to treasure all my life. I want to make him happy and smile. I want to take care of him and protect him. Hell, I also want to touch him and kiss him and—"

"You should be saying that to Jongwoon-ah, not me."

 

Rolling his eyes hard, Ryeowook snatched the soju bottle out of his clutch and ignored his cursing. Kyuhyun pushed himself from a table and rubbed his face with a headache looming over him. After almost crossing the line with Jongwoon, he ran to Ryeowook's house and began to drink himself wasted after knowing that his friend's wife was at her parents' house tonight. Actually, he had long realized that the way he looked at his student had changed. The skinship had also increased and became more intimate. Whenever he looked at Jongwoon, he wanted to crush that slim body beneath him and leave marks all over. He wanted to feel the smooth skin and see the smaller man whimper his name while being penetrated and ed. He wanted all of Kim Jongwoon to himself.

 

"How? He's my student and way younger than me. I'm an old creep who preys on an innocent kid!"

"Except Jongwoon isn't a kid anymore. He is about to turn twenty-one soon and who cares if you're fifteen years older than him?"

"The entertainment circle cares. Ryeowook, don't pretend as if you don't know how our world works. Those vultures will definitely hound him to death if they catch wind of my feelings for him."

"It's not that I don't know but I want you to pursue your happiness. True, Jongwoon-ah might face backlash but I have faith in his raw talents and in our president's superb PR team. In my opinion, you should let your relationship develop naturally and make an announcement once Jongwoon-ah's foothold in the industry is more stable. You're a genius. Surely, you know how to navigate around this, right?"

 

Kyuhyun didn't say anything and just listened to his friend quietly. He might consider it but not now. Ryeowook also didn't persuade him more and they just drank together until very late in the night. He slept at the scout's house and went home in the afternoon after sobering up. He frowned after being greeted by silence. Usually, Jongwoon would watch something in the living room at this time of the day if he didn't have to practice but he wasn't here today. He headed to his student's bedroom, thinking that the younger man was taking a nap, but only the giant penguin plushie was there. A sense of foreboding gnawed his heart as he hurriedly checked the entire house but he still couldn't find Jongwoon. As a last resort, he called the boy's phone and almost dropped his when he found the ringing phone in a drawer by the bed, along with a post-it note that made his world shatter.

 

 

I won't come back until I become someone worthy enough to proudly stand by hyung's side.

I love you

-K. Jongwoon

 

 

The small paper fell off of his shaking hand along with his heart.

 

 

 

Kyuhyun had lost his star.

 

****************************************************

 

A month later...

 

 

Kyuhyun still couldn't find Jongwoon despite his best effort. The younger man left behind the phone he bought for him so he had no way to contact him. He was depressed and frustrated. Everything was his fault and both of them suffered from it. He shouldn't have pushed Jongwoon away and denied his own feelings. He should have spent the time running away to hold Jongwoon and promise to be by his side. Kyuhyun sneered at himself. He often boasted proudly that he is a genius but he might not be that smart, or else he wouldn't throw away a precious star with his own hand. He asked Ryeowook and Shindong for help but even with their connections they still couldn't find his student, although they promised to keep looking. At the same time, he moved back to his apartment in the city and went to the park every day where he first met the eccentric boy. He waited there until the moon rose, hoping to run into the curly-haired man again. Sadly, real life wasn't a drama so the faithful encounter that he dreamed of never happened. Despite that, he never gave up and kept searching for his lost star.

 

One day, he got a call from an unknown number in the middle of a night.

 

"Hello? Who's that?"

"..."

"I'm going to hang up if you don't say something."

"Hyung, I miss you..." 

 

Kyuhyun almost dropped the phone.

 

"Jongwoon!!! Where are you!!? Tell me and I'll pick you up right away!"

"I'm sorry for running away, hyung, but I can't go back yet." 

"Why...? You have nothing to prove. You're already good enough. I'm sorry for pushing you away and disregarding our feelings. Jongwoon... Please come back to me..."

"I will. After I won the bet with Shindong-ssi."

"A bet? Wait, Shindong knew where your were all this time?"

"I asked him to hide it from you so please don't blame him. I won't come back until I can stand by your side without anyone criticizing our relationship."

"What bet? How can I help you with it? Where are you?"

 

When nothing but silence answered him, Kyuhyun knew that his student had already made up his mind. He sighed. Although the time they spent together was less than a year, he had long known that Jongwoon was very stubborn once he decided to do something. If the younger didn't want his help in this bet, then he really meant it and he could only wait. Sighing again, he decided to inquire about the younger man's well-being instead.

 

"How are you? Do you... have a warm place to stay and a hot meal to eat?"

"Mm, I'm doing amazing, hyung. I just settled down and started my first step toward winning the bet!" 

"Settle down? Let me see your place. Turn on the face cam."

"No! Hyung will know where I am then!" 

"But I want to see you. You're too far away..."

"Hyung, can you see the sky where you are?" 

"I'm home. Why?"

"Look up at the sky!" 

 

Kyuhyun moved to the balcony and looked up. The crescent moon tonight was accompanied by Venus and Jupiter, creating a smiling moon.

 

"The moon is smiling for us! Can you see it?" 

"Yes, I saw it too."

"Hyung, if we can see the same moon then we're not far away at all. Plus, I always think of you whenever I hear the songs we listened to together. See? Our hearts are connected by music!" 

"Jongwoon..."

 

He felt his chest get warmer and his heart race faster. True. He also thought of his peculiar but adorable student whenever he heard the songs they used to listen to together. Knowing that Jongwoon also felt the same... Something itchy slowly made its way from his chest to his throat, squeezing its way upward to rest comfortably on his tongue and knocking on his lips.

 

"Jongwoon,"

"Yes, hyung?" 

"I love you."

 

His body felt so light after saying those three words, the ones that he had kept hidden in the corner of his heart that raised its head every time he looked at his student. Finally, he decided to set it free and let it curl around him, feeling its warmth gently caressing his being. He loves Kim Jongwoon. There is nothing left to doubt about it.

 

"...Hic, K-Kyuhyun hyung..." 

"Shh, why are you crying, Jongwoon-ah?"

"B-Because I'm very happy now... Hic... Hyung... W-What you said..."

"I love you, Jongwoon-ah. Hurry up and win the bet. I miss you and your everything."

"Y-Yes!!! I'll work even harder!! H-Hyung, please wait for me!" 

"I will. Always."

 

Kyuhyun ended the call after telling his love to go to bed and not stay up too late. He looked at the number on the screen and smiled, the first time in this month, before saving it as "My beloved star". Although he still had no idea where his star went, he felt contented enough knowing that their hearts were never apart. As much as he wanted to see Jongwoon's smile with his own eyes, he will have faith in the younger and waited for the day they will meet again. In the meantime... He called Shindong next.

 

"Hi. Sorry for calling so late. Yes, I already knew about Jongwoon. It's okay. I won't ask what bet you two made. Actually, I called you this time to talk about those songs. Yes, those love songs that I composed months ago under another alias, I want you to release the news that it's me who wrote and composed them. That's right. I'm thinking of slowly and subtly telling my fans and the public that I'm in a relationship. I know. I won't do anything that ruins our reputation. Mm, yes, I just know that Jongwoon will win the bet. Okay. Thank you for everything, Shindong."

 

He put away the phone and looked up at the night sky again. The smiling moon was still there, watching over him and his love with a gentle yellow glow. He smiled.

 

 

Instead of just making a wish to see his star again, he will build a road that shortens their distance and find his beloved star himself.

 

******************************************************

 

Four months later...

 

 

After finding out that his student had made some deal with Shindong, Kyuhyun also started to subtly hint that he was in love and in a relationship. He wrote more love songs and often posted about romantic stuff on his sns. Once, he was invited to join a music festival and he opted to sing upbeat love songs instead of ballads like he usually did. When the reporters asked him, he didn't admit to anything but also didn't deny it, just smiling politely. Ryeowook said while laughing that he purposefully did all of that to get back at Shindong for hiding about Jongwoon. He didn't agree with his friend but he didn't deny it either. Although they talked on the phone for hours once a week, it still did nothing to the longing coiling around his heart. The itchiness to touch and hold the younger man worsened after Jongwoon accidentally disclosed that, the reason why they never did a face cam, was because the younger man's resolve would definitely waver if he saw his face. That night, he teased his student to the point that Jongwoon hung up mid-conversation. He tried to call back and apologize but his flustered boyfriend mercilessly ignored him. However, a few minutes after that he got the cutest message from Jongwoon...

 

 

Please stop teasing me, hyung! I'm going crazy with how fast my heart is beating. How am I going to focus on work tomorrow with your voice ringing nonstop in my head?

—Yours truly who still love the meanie you  

 

 

"It's you who's making it hard for me," he remembered murmuring that to himself and forsook sleep altogether that night. Instead, he wrote a new love song about having a lover so endearing that you couldn't resist teasing them, and it later became his new hit. The distance kept their bodies apart but their hearts always stayed right where they were supposed to be— by their sides. Kyuhyun didn't know how long will his star come back to him, but he had faith in his student and their love. Therefore, he moved back to the vacation house, their home, and waited patiently. He washed the penguin plushie and dried it under the blazing sun. He swept the fallen leaves in the backyard while talking to Jongwoon on the phone. He made a derpy snowman and sent a picture to his beloved boyfriend who then sent back a selca of himself using a red-nosed reindeer filter.

 

 

Before long, another winter had arrived and it had been a year since he met Kim Jongwoon, a peculiar lost young man who changed his life forever.

.

.

.

.

"What's gotten into you? I doubt you'd miss me so much that you have to call me back here just to drink together on Christmas Eve."

"Is this how you treat your best friend after having a cute younger boyfriend?"

"Isn't it you who ditched me years ago to go on a date with Ari on Christmas Eve?"

"Fair enough."

 

 

Kyuhyun rolled his eyes but easily accepted another glass of soju from his friend. This morning, Ryeowook suddenly called him and nagged him to meet. So, he had to drag his feet back to the city despite the heavy snow. As soon as the scout arrived at his apartment, Ryeowook kept pouring him drinks and just smiled suspiciously whenever he asked why they need to meet. Although he had already made a guess as to why...

 

"This is about Jongwoon-ah, right? He must have already won the bet then."

"...What the . How did you know? Are you actually a mind-reader? No! Don't intrude on my privacy!!"

"Shut up and tell me already. Where's my Jongwoon-ah?"

"Tsk, way to ruin my Christmas surprise for you! As for your question, just search the name "Yesung" on YouTube, and there you go. Sigh, to think that this is how you treat me, your best friend since middle school..."

 

He let the drunk scout keep rambling on while searching the said name. A channel named "Yesung" popped up as the first result with more than 611k followers. Huh? There is a new YouTuber this popular debuting recently? He was rarely up to date with new idols these days because he didn't have time to check the news—

 

His thumb froze while hovering over the screen.

 

Every video's thumbnail featured a smiling Yesung who was holding a classical guitar, the same one that the younger took with him when leaving. The only difference between each live that lasted an hour was the background, some were at a beach, some were in a forest, and some were on a busy footpath. He checked the channel's About section and found out that it was created exactly on the day that his student ran away. Could it be that...?

 

"Yeah, that's the bet your little boyfriend made with our Producer Shin. In half a year, if he can gain more than five hundred thousand followers then the company will rightfully support your relationship and his debut. 'Cuz it'll prove that he got here by his talent alone, not climbing onto your bed, which is something I doubt happened yet, or else you wouldn't look at me like you're considering murdering me and making my beautiful wife a widow—"

 

Once again, he turned off his hearing from Ryeowook's drunken talk and quickly checked the most recently uploaded video. There must be a reason why his friend told him all of this and insisted that he came back to the city no matter what. For example, something like...

 

 

Kyuhyun bolted up and snatched his winter overcoat before running out of the apartment.

.

.

.

.

.

"Everyone, thank you for accompanying me on this coldest night of December. Haha, I appreciate your concern but don't worry! I'll go home and soak in a bathtub after the live ends~ Yes, unfortunately, we're approaching the end now... Tonight, I'm saying goodbye with a song that I compose myself for my boyfriend. I know he doesn't know about this channel but I hope that when we meet again in the future, I can sing this song for him— "Because I Love You".

 

 

To be honest, “I like you”

With no special reason, “I love you”

Among all those people,

I’ve realized, you’re my destiny as soon as I met you 

 

If people came to know about their stories, they would probably think he only loved Kyuhyun hyung's wealth and fame. That's not true at all. He knew as soon as he met the older man's eyes that night that they would fall in love. He just knew it. The time they spent together just further guaranteed his hunch that they were fated to be.

 

Because I love you, every day, ‘cause I love you, every night

If my forever-lasting love gets sent to you

Because I love you, for you to be happy

Because I love you, baby you~ 

 

He didn't mind his hyung pushing him away. He understood that his hyung did it for his sake. He might be naive but not stupid. He knew how the world worked, especially the entertainment industry, but he still wanted to be with Kyuhyun hyung. Therefore, he ran away and accepted the bet from the famous producer. If he proved that his skills were a real deal, then no one could insult their love anymore.

 

My empty heart melts with your smile

Sending your kiss to me more and more 

 

The first month was really hard. As a nobody, his channel barely got any view but he preserved it. He did one-hour live every day, randomly singing songs and changing locations every week. Although Shindong-ssi paid the living expenses for him, he still decided to pick up a part-time job to not be a burden. It was a hard and lonely life, but Kyuhyun hyung's love made him able to endure every hardship.

 

Because I love you, every day, ‘cause I love you, every night

If my forever-lasting love gets sent to you

Because I love you, for you to be happy

Because I love you, baby you~ 

 

The number of followers suddenly increased massively when his cover of "It Has to be You" was talked about by the original singer. After that, his channel steadily became more well-known and he was one more step closer to meeting his hyung again. He didn't lie and sincerely told his followers that he's having a bet with a certain producer, for his and his boyfriend's sakes.

 

My heart is dyed by your color 

 

He lost quite a lot of followers after they learned from him that he had a boyfriend and the said boyfriend was fifteen years older than him. He endured the hurtful comments and chose to listen to the kinder souls. This trial was nothing at all when compared to what might come after his debut. But he will be fine when the day really does come because Kyuhyun hyung will be there with him. Ah, he missed Kyuhyun hyung so much... He missed those warm hands, gentle smile, and fond eyes. With their connected hearts, he could always see the ballad singer by just closing his eyes but no one would be there when—

 

Because I love you, every day, ‘cause I love you, every night

If my forever-lasting love gets sent to you

Because I love you, I’ll be your love

Because I love you, promise you~ 

 

His eyes widened in surprise but his mouth still kept singing. Tears started to form as he smiled from the bottom of his heart at the taller man who slowly approached him. The tired but overjoyed brown eyes were reflecting his image just as he sang the last line in tears.

 

Because I love you… baby you… 

 

He put down the guitar and hurriedly brushed the tears away while smiling up at the taller man.

 

 

"Hello, do you like my song?"

.

.

.

.

"Hello, do you like my song?"

 

 

As soon as he saw the beautiful smile that he had longed for, Kyuhyun skipped everything else and pulled the smaller man into his arms. One hand placed intimately on the small of the man's back while the other rested on the thin nape, pushing both places closer until their lips met. He impatiently tasted and the full lips while Jongwoon's arms came to hook around his neck.

No words needed to be exchanged because their tongues and lips had already done the conversation. And their heartbeats that echoed in sync had already done the confession. They had no idea how much time had passed and they didn't care, because they already had what they wanted the most in the world in their holds. Even after their lips broke apart, the newly-reunited couple stayed close in their loved one's embrace. Their foreheads were pressed together as their eyes stared into the other pair.

 

Kyuhyun smiled fondly, "Welcome back, Jongwoon-ah."

Jongwoon smiled tearily, "I'm home, Kyuhyun hyung."

 

Their lips then returned to meet once again while tiny white snowflakes languidly descended from the night sky. The comments on the forgotten live broadcast flooded the screen showing two men from different backgrounds but with the same heart kissing passionately. Yet it did nothing to separate the couple. Nothing will. Not anymore.

 

 

Because, this time, both Kyuhyun and Jongwoon will never let go of the precious hand they are holding.

 

********************************************

 

Four months later...

 

 

"Jongwoon-ah, look this way."

 

Jongwoon turned around obediently as his husband said but the sudden blinding light from the camera's flash startled him. He closed his eyes and used his hand to shield them instinctively, and only lowered it to pout at the deep chuckling.

 

"Hyung, you took a photo of me when I'm not ready again!"

"I like it better this way though. It feels real."

 

Kyuhyun smiled and opened his arms, and the smaller man immediately came to cuddle on his lap. He kissed the rosy chubby cheek while Jongwoon glanced at his phone.

 

"Hyung, are you going to announce our engagement?"

"Mm, I think it's time. Your debut went smoothly and my fans have already come to accept our relationship, some who really likes you even nags me to hurry up before someone steals you away; not that we'll let it happen."

"Won't you tell Shindong hyung and Ryeowook hyung first?"

"Ryeowook and his wife haven't come back from their vacation yet and Shindong, well, with the amount of money you made for him, he has more than enough to hire a hundred PR teams to deal with what comes after."

 

The curly-haired man giggled while Kyuhyun posted the picture on his IG with a short caption. He threw the phone aside once it was done and held the singer tighter.

 

"I love you, Jongwoon-ah, thank you for coming into my life."

"I love you too, Kyuhyun hyung, always have been..."

 

The couple smiled and leaned in for a kiss that gradually stepped up the intensity level. Jongwoon hooked his legs around the older man and Kyuhyun secured the younger man in his arms while getting up from the couch, before disappearing to the second floor. The screen of the lonely phone on the couch lit up with abundant notification messages as people poured in on Kyuhyun's latest post— a picture of a startled Jongwoon who covered his face with his left hand; a gleaming yellow diamond adorning a silver ring on his ring finger reflecting the camera's flash. There was a short caption above the picture...

 

 

 

I have found my lost star. 

 

*******************************************

 

Author's note:

ASDFGJHKLSJFJK I MADE A MISTAKE

The first chapter supposed to end when Jongwoon ran away and Kyuhyun "lost" his star, you know, ending with a cliffhanger to tease you xD

Well, I guess a whole chapter of fluff isn't bad too *shrug*

This story aims for slow-burn & heart-warming romance like sipping on a cup of hot chocolate on a rainy day. If I can make you feel that way then I'm happy!

Next week, we're seeing kyusung Omegaverse  ;)

Take care and love you  <3