The moment I first saw Her

Forever and a Day

 

 

"Hey, we're out of rootbeer." Sooyoung complained once she took a seat on the couch besides me.

 

I gave her a look. "You're the one who drank ten cans of rootbeer last night!" I snapped. "And now you're complaining?"

 

Sooyoung pouted her lips. "Oh come on, I was depressed last night. I had to cool myself off. How would you know my feelings?" She remarked, acting like she was hurt by what I said.

 

"If you want some rootbeer, why don't you go outside and buy some?" I suggested as I grabbed the remote and started switching the channels on the tv.

 

Sooyoung let out a tired groan as she stretched out her arms. "I can't. I'm not feeling so well." Then she tugged on the hem of my shirt. "Can you buy them for me?"

 

I raised an eyebrow at her. "Are you crazy? You're the one who wants the rootbeer, why don't you buy it yourself?!"

 

And that's when she used her secret weapon.

 

Sooyoung's aegyo. A quite terrifying aegyo that would even lead you to having nightmares in your sleep.

 

"Oh come on Yuri, pwease? Just this once. Pwease?" She begged, battering her eyelashes while acting all cute in front of my face.

 

I pushed her away from me. "Would you stop that? You know how I despise aegyo." I remarked.

 

She kneeled in front of me. "Yuri come on, pwease?"

 

"Why don't you ask Taeyeon to do it for you?" I growled.

 

She shook her head. "She's not here. She's outside doing who knows what she's doing."

 

I looked around the apartment and noticed that Taeyeon isn't anywhere to be seen.

 

"Fine. I'll buy your rootbeer." I said in defeat. Sooyoung pumped a fist in the air.

 

I walked over to the door and wore a thick coat and a hat.

 

Before leaving, I looked back at Sooyoung. "I'll be out for a minute. Don't do anything ridiculous while I'm gone. Got that?" I asked.

 

Sooyoung nodded enthusiastically while acting all behaved. I chuckled before dissappearing from the doorway.

 

 

The cold wind surprised me once I stepped off the apartment building. I stuffed both of my hands into my coat pockets, shivering from the cold breeze of autumn.

 

I walked down the empty street, which was quite dark except for the fact that there were street lamps giving light. But other than that, the empty streets and dark alleyways seemed kinda creepy.

 

After a few minutes of walking, I arrived at my destination. The convenience store.

 

Before entering the store, I decided to check my pockets if I brought my wallet.

 

But sometimes, I tend to be unlucky.

 

"Damn it!" I hissed under my breath as I realized I brought no money with me.

 

I thought about going back to the apartment, but it would be a waste of time. So I decided to do plan B.

 

I lowered the hat I was wearing, so my face wouldn't be seen. I entered the convenience store and braced myself.

 

I approached the counter and saw a young guy who appeared to be a cashier behind it.

 

"Excuse me.." I tried to deepen my voice as much as I can so I will be mistaken as a man.

 

"Yes sir?" the cashier guy replied.

 

"Can you give me a little help? The tire of my motor bike is flat. I was wondering if you have any extra tires in here."

 

"Let me check our storage room sir. Wait here." He responded before dissappearing from the counter.

 

A smirk appeared on my face. I took this as a chance to grab ten cans of rootbeer and then I escaped the store as fast as I can.

 

When I was about a few meters away from the store, I heard the cashier exclaim, "Thief! Thief!"

 

But I was too faraway for him to be even able to catch me.

 

I continued to run and run, not knowing where I was heading to.

 

Finally I stopped by near the river and took a deep breath. I was panting hardly, I couldn't even breath.

 

My heart was throbbing against my chest.

 

When I felt myself relax, I realized that I wasn't alone in that place.

 

Right there, I saw a woman standing a few feet away from me. She seemed to be crying a lot and she looked drunk.

 

And before I could even react, I saw her jump into the river with my own eyes. At first I thought she was a psycho, but then I realized she was trying to drown herself to death.

 

Without hesitation, I removed my coat and hat before jumping towards the river.

 

I knew my swimming lessons in highschool would make a good use. I swam as far as I can, to be able to reach that helpless girl.

 

I wrapped an arm around her neck and pulled her with me as I swam until we reached the land.

 

She was totally unconscious, I thought I lost her.

 

I began pumping her chest with my two hands. It wasn't working.

 

But then my brain suggested something.

 

Do CPR! Do CPR!

 

I hesitated at first, since I didn't know this girl. But I thought about her safety.

 

So I took a deep breath before leaning closer towards her face. I leaned closer and closer until the tips of our noses brushed gainst each other.

 

For some unknown reason, my heart started beating faster than I expected.

 

Do it!! My brain screamed.

 

And before I knew it, I placed my lips over hers.

 

It wasn't actually a kiss, because I was breathing some air into her, but it sent a wave electricity through my veins.

 

Eventually, she coughed and she spilled some water off . A sigh of relief escaped my lips.

 

"W-Where am I..?" She stammered.

 

"Miss, you'll fine." I stated.

 

"Where am I? W-Who are you?" She tried to get up but it looked like her head was in a lot of pain.

 

After two seconds, she was unconscious once again.

 

I didn't want to leave her there but I hesitated to bring her home. What would Sooyoung and Taeyeon think if I brought a random girl in our apartment?

 

I couldn't take her to a hospital too, since the hospital fee is way too expensive.

 

Kwon Yuri, you have to do the right thing.

 

"Right.." I said in response to my mind.

 

I got up, picked up my coat and hat and was about to walk off.

 

That's not what I meant about doing the right thing!

 

I sighed heavily. I looked back at the unconscious girl and felt bad.

 

I walked over to her and decided to carry her on my back. Then I began walking back home with this stranger I'm carrying.

 

Whoever this girl is, she owes me by saving her life.

 

 

tbc