My Safe Place

My Safe Place

Everyone knows that she is like an angel. She’s very soft-hearted, kind, attentive and cares about others, sometimes more than herself. She always thinks of others above herself and also a very soft-spoken person. Even their fans, Ujung knows her very well. Quoted from Ujungs, ‘Even if I biassed on other members, she has my soft spot in me’. Yes, it’s true. Amongst ourselves as well, the members unconsciously become soft for her, and never be tough towards her. 

Luda knows that. That is also the reason why she is madly in love with that woman. They’ve been together as best friends since their trainee days and now in a 2 years relationship, Luda is more than grateful that she can hold her and claim her mine. The moment when she realised that she was scared to death to lose her is when she went on hiatus because of a mental health issue during As You wish promotion. She felt so lonely, lost in direction and all she could do was pretend to smile in front of the camera. 

After a few months of on hiatus, Luda can see she came back stronger and decided to confess to her with the help of the other members. Turns out, she is not alone in this feeling. The feelings, the emotion, and the will and drive are mutuals. So, here they are in a relationship, become each other's strength, support, and love.

But the fear came again when she noticed her different behaviour. Sometimes, she acted anxiously even at the smallest mistake that shouldn't be a big fuss. She remembered when the girl accidentally slipped out of the tongue saying about Luda’s real birthday. It’s never a secret to Ujung even though they or the company never admit or make an official statement regarding the members’ fake birthday. But, she took it seriously. 

That’s when Luda realised the girl really needed another break. Then, there again they did a nine members promotion but never failed to mention about her right and left. However, it felt very different when they had to participate in Queendom 2 without her. At first, Jiyeon also missed a few rounds because of her drama schedules, but when she joined them, the members became more confident and stronger. Somehow, they also felt the empty of that one spot that also made them more competitive to win the show. They did it! With the support and help from their family, Ujungs, celebrity friends and the group public, they won the show. They are the queen. 

The company immediately released the announcement about their next comeback, of course to ride the hype from the show. But during the concert, it hurts Luda when the girl said that “the members won the Queendom” instead of “we won the Queendom”. Luda knows she must have felt she didn’t have the right to say that because she didn’t participate in the show. Thanks to our leader, Exy complimented and filled her in the spot so that she didn’t feel left out. 

The comeback went well. Although they didn’t win any music show, they did great in album sales, listeners and also they can see how their popularity and fans have grown so much. Luda especially felt very proud of that girl. When she saw how people turned to her bias and praised the girl's vocals and beauty. She felt proud as the girl deserved for all this after she got slightly mistreated from the company. Luda saw it, the members saw it, but sadly they can’t say much about it. So when her shining era is finally coming, the members support her to the fullest. 

Now, they are in LA for the KCON. But the 'they' consist of eight of them only. The other two members are still in Korea, or maybe they have landed at LAX. Yeonjung has musical practices and Dawon chose to stay behind to wait for her and fly together. Yes, this is why she said the girl is very soft-hearted and always thinks of others above her. Instead of flying to LA with them and having fun going here and there in LA, she chose to wait for Yeonjung.

Luda asked the girl why she chose Yeonjung over her. Not that, Luda felt jealous or angry at her. Luda knows the reason but she just wants her to say it. Dawon said, because Yeonjung is alone and Luda has other members with her, she doesn’t want our maknae to be lonely and left out. Luda girlfriend with a smile. “So, you love Yeonjung more than me?” 

Dawon pulled the smaller girl into her embrace and lifted her. “No one can top my love for you, princess.” A quick peck on her lips followed by. 

Luda knew. Dawon is attentive to all of them, all of the members but when it comes to Luda, it is different. She treats and cares for her differently. She knows and feels it very well. 

So, here she is waiting for her love to land safely in LA. Luda lost in her train of thoughts of her dearest girlfriend when-

 

“Unnie!” Dayoung slapped her arm. 

“Aww!! Ya, Im Dayoung!! What the heck?” Luda came back to reality and saw Dayoung had already sat beside her on the bed. She lazily stretched in her lying position. 

“I called you many times but you didn’t hear me. Are you sick?” Dayoung’s expression turned to worry.

“Oh, sorry,” Luda grinned. “What is it?”

“I just want to tell you that Dawon unnie and Yeonjungie have arrived at this hotel. And Yeonjung wants to tail me, Yeoreumie and Juyeon unnie to go out later.”

“They are here?!” Luda immediately sat up from her lying position. “How ‘bout Dawon?” 

Dayoung swore she could see Luda’s face brighten at Dawon’s name. “Dyeong said unnie just want to chill in her room.” Dayoung shrugged and left the bed to get prepared. “You’re really sick, unnie. LOVESICK!” Dayoung mocked her. Dayoung didn’t get a reply from Luda. Usually, she will fight back but not this time. Dayoung turned to see the older girl and saw she already smiling on her phone. “Oh, god.. Maybe she will get a good rest with Dawon unnie later.” Dayoung mumbled to herself. 


 

-


 

Dawon was chilling in her bed when she suddenly heard a doorbell. She opened the door and saw her girlfriend whom she misses so much. Luda walked past her without saying anything or even eye contact with her. Dawon raised her eyebrows at the act then closed the door. She saw the slightly older girl standing in the middle of the room, waiting for her. As soon as she came closer, the girl pounced and hugged her tightly.

“I miss you so much.” Luda whispered in her ear. 

Upon hearing her girlfriend’s pleading voice, Dawon wrapped the girl in her embrace tighter. “It has been only two days.” She chuckled a bit. 

Luda didn’t reply to her tease. She snuggled into the girl’s chest and stayed in that position longer than it should be with her comfortable silence. She felt safe and sound in her arms. 

When it became longer than it should be, Dawon knitted her eyebrows at the act. “Ludi? You okay?” Dawon released the hug and put some gap between to see her face clearly. She gasped as soon as she saw Luda’s glistening eyes and quickly pulled her into her hug again. “Hey, what’s wrong?” She asked softly.

“I miss you.” Another whisper.

“I miss you too, baby.” A soft kiss placed on the smaller girl’s head. 

Luda knows she’s being emotional more than she should be and she doesn’t even know why. Maybe because of the lack of sleep since they have landed in LA. She never admitted to anyone but everyone knows she will have trouble sleeping when they have an overseas schedule. It is because her mind refuses to familiarise with the new place. Dawon as her roommate, always there for her, helping her to get some good sleep but not this time. 

For the other possible reason, maybe because she felt nervous at the thought that they will perform on KCON again after years. So she just needs a person to let off her guard, to show her vulnerability. 

After a good moment of silence, Luda broke it with a soft voice. “What are you doing?”

“Calming this small girl.”

Dawon’s tease received a good hit on her arm from the said girl and laughed.

“Watching a random tv show that I found quite interesting. Come here.” The taller girl pulled her to her bed.

Both of them lying on the bed, with Luda resting her head on Dawon’s chest. She is not interested with the tv show that Dawon is currently watching now, also because she barely could catch what they said. She’s not as fluent as her girlfriend. 

“Do you get to sleep well these past days?” Dawon asks when she notices Luda fiddled her necklace absentmindedly with half-opened eyes that she knows Luda will fall asleep at any time. 

Luda hummed in response. 

Dawon shifted in her position to make the sleepy girl more comfortable, a hand wrapped around the girl to send the warm. "You should get some sleep."

Luda hummed again. She couldn’t fight the urge to close her eyes after the warm, safe and comfortable feelings engulfing her.

"Good night, princess." Dawon kissed her forehead and hummed her girlfriend a sweet melody. 
 

Dawon awakens at hearing a little rustle in the quiet room, slowly opens her eyes and meets Yeonjung’s contact. 

“I’m sorry, unnie. Didn’t mean to wake you up.” Yeonjung said in a lower voice, doesn’t want to wake the other unnie who is sleeping soundly in Dawon’s arms. 

“What time is it?” Dawon's voice sounded hoarse. “And where are you going with the luggage?” 

“Almost 8 I think. I will share the room with Dayoung. So, Luda unnie could get a good sleep before the concert.” Yeonjung then looked at the sleeping girl pitiedly. “Yomi said that unnie didn’t get enough sleep since they were here. She is always awake in the middle of night and can’t go back to sleep.”

“What are you doing?” Dawon asked the maknae when she saw her phone directly pointed at them.

“To give the unnies the report.” The maknae flashed an innocent grin. 

Dawon heard a soft ding of notification coming in her phone. She opened the group chat and saw the picture of the two of them that Yeonjung captured just now with a caption “Luda unnie sleeps well in Daoni unnie’s hug”. Messages coming through from the members within a second. 

 

Exy y: As expected it will be solved with Dawon. I know I can trust you.

Shakiseola: Thank goodness.

Geundeokie: Aww 97z unnies are cute 

Dayomi: I want to have one Daoni too~~

Soob Peach: Now I miss my yeobo

Yeolleum: Finally, Luda unnie could sleep well.

Bbo: She looks so tired. Good Dawon-ah.

 

Dawon sighed after reading all the messages from the members. 

“How about unnie’s stuff?”

“I’ll take them later. Thank you Dyeongie.” She looked at Yeonjung thankfully.

“No problem, unnie.” Yeonjung left them alone.

Dawon stretched her arm to put the gadget on the side table and switch on the bed lamp at the dimmest level as the room has started to get dark and Luda is not very fond of it. Luda murmured in protest at the sudden movement. 

“Sorry, sorry. Go back to sleep. I will wake you up for a late dinner later.” She made Luda more comfortable in her arms as the girl snuggled into her, tucked perfectly under her chin.

“I love you. I’ll always and never stop loving you.”