Chapter Four

Sweet Nightmare
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

My mind was still preoccupied with the sight of the boy. He seemed suffering, and the sack was hefty based on the way he managed to close it. How come I even noticed him? Little did I know how the lady's fate would bring the pieces of the puzzle together.

It was already noon when I was done with my tour around the household. Mother had informed me beforehand about all the responsibilities that we had to confront here. As a former elite, we used to own servants for our demands and specifically for doing house chores. Conversely, we brought only two of them here, a butler, Leetuek, and a maid, Reyowook as our companions. I was well aware of the fact, that there were multiple of stuff that I require to master before the upcoming month. I managed to bake some pies and confectionaries before, even though my ability in cooking is questionable. Along with that, my experience in doing house chores is almost non-existent which is desperately demanded assistance. Lunch was a quiet affair. We were all eating together, and mother insisted on it. Her humble behaviour was always admirable. Until mother asked about the workers for the farm.

"Leetuek, I was wondering about the working men for the farm. How are we going to hire them?"

"Madam, I was about to put an announcement on a board in front of the hyper store in the centre of town."

"Oh, that would be great. Please, go ahead. I hope we could find a couple of loyal ones soon. "

"Sure, madam. After the midday meal, I would head to the city centre."

When lunch was over, mother asked me to assist Reyowook and did the wash-up. It was my very first time, and being clueless about how to do so was kind of comical.

" Young master, you should not commence the task with your sleeves down."

"How come?"

" Well, they would get into your way, and at the end, would remain soaked in filthy water."

"Oh. You're right. Let me fold them up."

" You must also tie your hair."

"Would they get wet as well?"

" There would be a chance."

" So unlikely, but sure. Whatever the master of the kitchen says." And emphasized my point with a naughty wink; while striving to look for a ribbon as a hair-tie to get rid of my waterfall of golden locks. Once settled, I headed back to the sink for my initial lesson as a not-an-elite anymore.

“Do I look proper for doing the task now, Reyowook?" Uttered that and exaggeratedly turnaround myself for a show-off.

" Perfect, young master. No

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter