It Hurts

It Hurts
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Baboblueboy’s POV

 

 

“Is it over between us?” The short hair girl asked as the person in front of her stared at her.

“You’re the one who left-”

“And I came back.” The short hair girl said as the other girl bit her lip.

“Well, you shouldn’t come back because I’ve moved on.” The tall girl said as she turned and walked away with her werewolf girlfriend.

“Did you?” The short girl called out as her vision was getting blurry while the tall girl turned

“Yes.” The other girl replied as she held hands with her werewolf girlfriend, leaving her ex standing there, crying.

 

The short girl watches her ex walk away with someone new as she thought they would get back together, but it's too late. She was too late..

 

“She’s changed. She’s not the Josie Saltzman I knew anymore.”

 

You wear the shoes I gave you and walk along the streets with her

As if it were nothing, you kiss her

You spray the cologne I gave you and embrace her

You’ll probably repeat those promises you made to me with her 

It seems that we’re already too late

Has our love already ended

Please at least say anything to me

We truly loved each other,

can’t turn back?

I’m the only one hurting tonight

 

Screams can be heard at the school’s entrances as everyone was crowding around there as Josie was confused on what was going on.

 

“Whats going on here?” Josie asked as she tried to see what’s going on.

“I don't know? A guest? A teacher? Maybe a new student?” The short hair girl, Finch said as Josie looked at her.

“Probably.” Josie smiles at her new girlfriend while hold her hand as a someone called out

“It's Penelope! She’s back!” Josie jumped in surprised to hear as she looked at the crowd.

 

Everyone moved out of their way to make Penelope make an entrance as they clapped for her as a welcome back celebration. Penelope smiles and thanks them for welcoming her back.

 

“Penelope?” Josie uttered under her breath as she was surprised to see her ex back.

“Josie.” Penelope saw her and smiles

“Hi.” Penelope said as Josie stares at her while Penelope noticed Josie frozen in her place as she saw their hands,

“I see. You’re… dating someone… while I was gone.” Penelope said as Josie snapped back into reality.

“Y-Yea. I finally came out of my codependent rabbit hole. All thanks to my girlfriend here.” showing Penelope their holding hands

“I-I see.” Penelope said as Finch nudged Josie.

“Who’s she?” Finch asked quietly as Penelope heard.

“I'm Penelope. Josie’s ex-girlfriend.” Penelope said as she reached out her hand as Finch looked at it.

“I don't do greetings.” Finch hissed as Penelope retract her hand back and nods

“I see. You got a thing for werewolves now.” Penelope said as Josie felt a pull from her girlfriend, trying to singal her something as Penelope saw.

“Well, I’ll leave you guys to go lovey dovey somewhere. I’m going to the headmaster’s office. If you’ll excuse me.” Penelope said, walking around the couple as she walked to the office.

 

Josie watches her as she couldn’t believe her eyes. Penelope is back.

 

“Josie?” Finch said as Josie looked at her.

“Y-yea?” 

“Let’s go to class now. We’re gonna be late.” Finch said as Josie nods

“Yea. Let’s go.” Josie said as they walked to their classroom while Josie took a glance back at Penelope who was walking in the halls of the Salvatore school once more.

 

Meanwhile, Penelope felt her chest hurt as she couldn’t believe her eyes. Her ex, Josie Saltzman, is dating a werewolf. Penelope looked back as she saw the couple happily walking together in the halls while holding hands.

 

We used to do that… Penelope bit her lips. She looks… more happier than we used to date.

 

Penelope bumped into someone as the person apologized and realized who he saw.

 

“Peez? Wow! OMG! You’re back!” He said as Penelope nodded while chuckling.

“Yea. Yea. I'm back.” Penelope said

“H-How have you been? It's been like a year already. There’s so much catching up to do. And with everything that is happening to the Salvatore school and-”

“Calm down MG. I’m not going anywhere. I'm staying.” Penelope said, trying to get MG to catch his breath.

“Like for real, for real? You’re actually staying?” MG asked as Penelope nodded.

“Yes, I am. So there’s time for you to tell me stories while I was gone later.” Penelope said as MG nods

“For sure.” MG said as he saw a familiar figure in the distant with her girlfriend as he looked at Penelope,

“I'm guessing you saw?”

“Saw what?” 

“Josie’s new girlfriend?” MG asked as Penelope went ‘`o`’ face and nodded

“Yea.. I did.” 

“Are you going to win her back?” MG asked as Penelope scoffed.

“Like I would have a chance? There's no way that Josie still loves me.” Penelope mutters as MG pat her shoulder.

“You will have a chance. I don't think she moved on yet.” MG said as Penelope looked at him.

“It looks like it though,” MG added

“But it's not.” Penelope said, shaking her head

“Stop trying to give my hopes up. If she moves on, she moves on. There’s no way she would open her heart back for me.” Penelope added as MG gave her a small smile.

“Good luck.” MG said as he walked to his classroom.

“Tsk.” Penelope couldn't help her expression with a small smile on her face, knowing MG would probably do something as she continued to walk to the headmaster’s office.

 

Have you changed?

Am I no longer in your heart now?

When I, I think about you

It hurts, hurts, hurts so much

 

Penelope opened the classroom door as everyone looked at her including Mr. Williams.

 

“Oh. Penelope. Welcome back to the Salvatore school. I didn't know that you came back. It's good to have you back.” Mr. Williams said as Penelope saw Joise and Finch sitting on the desk where Penelope used to sit.

“Thanks.” Penelope said as she saw an empty chair next to Hope.

“Take a seat. We were just talking about some spells.” He said as Penelope nodded.

 

Penelope sat next to Hope as Hope gave her a small smile and whisper.

 

“Welcome back. I missed your y banter.” Hope whispers as Penelope chuckles while Mr. Williams continues teaching..

“Thanks. I missed hearing your moon howls… When I was gone, it sounds weird sleeping at night when there’s a full moon,” Penelope whispers back.

“Things changed while I was gone,” Penelope added as Hope nodded.

“Yea. A lot of things changed,” Hope said as she saw Penelope looking at Josie.

“You wanna talk after?” Hope asked as Penelope looked at her.

“Hm? Talk? Talk about what?” 

“I feel like there's something you need to take off your chest,” Hope said as Penelope bit her lips.

“I don't know if I want to talk about it,” Penelope said as she looked at her notebook while Hope gave her a smile.

“If you need someone to talk to, I am here for you.”

“Thanks,” Penelope said as she looked at her with a small sad smile.

 

Penelope looks at Josie who was concentrating in class as she sees Josie has changed over a year. Every time she sees Josie, her heart beats fast for her, even though she’s her ex and she still has feelings for Josie. 

 

She’s changed. 

 

~~~~~

 

Class ended as everyone walked out as Penelope saw Josie leaving. 

 

“Hey. Is it okay if I talk to you.. In private.” Penelope asked Josie as Josie looked at her.

“If you have to say something, you can say it to the both of us.” Josie said confidently as Penelope bit her lip.

“Never mind. Just forget it.” Penelope said as Josie and Finch left the classroom.

 

Penelope was the only one in the classroom as she put her hands on the desk to support her as she leaned over. She let out her tears as she quietly cried. She felt her chest tighten in pain as she couldn’t stop it and hated the pain. She felt a hand on her shoulder as she quickly wiped her tears and looked at the person. As it was, Hope.

 

“Penelope…” Hope softly said as Penelope inhaled and exhaled her breath.

“I-I'm fine.” Penelope said, picking up her notebook.

“Penelope.” Hope said as Penelope walked towards the classroom doors.

“I'm fine.” Penelope ignored her comfort as she left. 

 

She hated people who pitied her.

 

———

 

Penelope enters her friend's dorm as her dorm was taken by Josie and her girlfriend. Penelope walked in quietly as her friend was sleeping. Penelope sat next to the window ledge as the moon light was shining through the window, hugging her knees as it's going to be another endless sleep night. 

 

I hate nights..

 

———

 

You look at my tears as if it were nothing

You continue to talk calmly again

You told me cruely that you couldn’t deny

That you had absolutely no attachments

or regrets

 

A knock on the door as Penelope heard it. She walked to the door and opened it as it was Hope and MG on the other side.

 

“Peez! Why are you holding yourself in here?” MG asked

“Why are you here?” Penelope asked softly.

“Your friend told us that you're here and aren’t attending class.” Hope said

“So we thought we would check up on you.” MG said, finishing Hope’s sentence.

“Thanks, but I’m not feeling well.” Penelope said as MG saw the eye bags on Penelope

“Have you not been sleeping?” MG asked as Penelope shook her head.

“I can't sleep.”

“Why not?”

“I hate sleeping.” Penelope said as MG looked at Hope then back at Penelope.

“Is there something making you not sleep at night?” Hope asked.

“My days in the Belgium witch school. Let’s just say that I hate it there.” Penelope said as they looked at her.

“Did something happen?” MG asked as Penelope rubbed the side of her arms.                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                     

“I don't feel comfortable talking about it right now.” Penelope said.

“But-” Mg stopped as he looked at Hope who shook her head to stop him from asking.

“Maybe next time.” Penelope added as Hope nods

“We’re here when you need us.” Hope said as Penelope nods

“Thanks.” Penelope said as MG realized something.

“Oh. and here are the notes for the classes that you have missed for about 2 weeks.” MG said as he gave Penelope his notebook.

“Thanks again.”

“We’ll leave you alone now. Get better soon.” Hope said as Penelope nods

“Bye.” MG softly said as Penelope gave them a small smile and closed the door.

 

Penelope walked towards her bed as she tossed the notebook there and said a spell as a pen and notebook started to copy the notes from MG’s. Penelope walked towards the window ledge and hugged her knees as she didn't want to do anything, but stay in the room. Penelope sighs as she misses the Salvatore school, but something was missing. Someone was missing. But she knows that she can't ask that person because she’s taken… by someone else.  

 

Suddenly a loud banging came from the door as it scared Penelope. She covered her ears and closed her eyes as flashbacks from the witch school came back. Penelope screams.

 

_____

 

BANG! BANG! BANG!

 

“HEY TRANSFER!” a voice called out as Penelope looks up at a couple of figures standing in front of her.

“Yes?” Penelope asked as the other classmates whispered around them.

“Just because you’re a smartass, doesn't mean you can be full of yourself because of your pride.” one of the girls said as the girls of the group agreed.

“So? I’m only here to learn to be the best witch. It's not my fault that you can’t catch up.” Penelope said as the girl who talked was pissed.

“Take her.” She said as the group took Penelope’s arm and dragged her out the classroom.

“Where are you taking me?” Penelope asked, struggling to get them to let go.

“Somewhere to get beaten up.” The girl said as Penelope was shocked to hear.

“Let me go!! LET ME GO!!” Penelope struggling from their grips

“AHHHHHHHHHH!”

 

_____


 

“AHHHHHHHHHH!” Penelope screams as she woke up.

“PENELOPE!” A voice called out as the person shakes Penelope to come back to reality

“Snap out of it!” The person said as Penelope looked at the person.

“L-Lizzie?”

“What is wrong with you? Why did you suddenly scream when I knocked on the door?”

“I-It's nothing…” Penelope stuttered as she realized she wasn’t getting taken.

“W-What are y-you doing here?” Penelope stutters to ask as she's trying to calm down and change the subject.

“I was gonna say ‘welcome back’, but I heard you screaming on the other side, so I opened the door and saw you freaked out in your sleep. Are you sure you are okay?” Lizzie asked as Penelope nodded, wiping her sweat from her forehead.

“Y-Yea. I'm fine.” Penelope said as Lizzie sat in front of her.

“Do you want to talk about it? It sounds like it's eating you up.” Lizzie asked as Penelope looked at her.

“Since when is Lizzie Saltzman suddenly nice?” Penelope asked as Lizzie rolled her eyes in annoyance.

“I'm trying to be helpful, you know.” Lizzie was a little annoyed as Penelope chuckled.

“I know, but I never knew Lizzie Saltzman had a change of heart.” Penelope said as Lizzie rolled her eyes.

“The Lizzie I know would never be nice to the Penelope Park.” Penelope said as Lizzie stood up.

“Okay, if you’re gonna be like this, I'm just going to leave.” Lizzie became irritated as she can't stand being nice anymore.

“Okay, okay.” Penelope said, stopping her from leaving.

“I didn't mean it. I was just playing with you.” Penelope added as she stopped Lizzie from going.

“Do you want to talk about it or not?” Lizzie asked once more as Penelope looked out the window.

“The days that I’ve been to the new school…” Penelope started as Lizzie sat down in front of her.

“Are my nightmares,” Penelope said as she looked at Lizzie. “And I can't sleep at night because…”

“It comes back to haunt you?” Lizie asked as Penelope nodded.

“What they do over there,” Penelope stopped as she rolled up her sleeves to show her the scars that were on her arms.

“They hit you?” Lizzie asked as Penelope nodded.

“Not the teachers… The students there… They bullied me. Picked on me. Teachers didn't care and put the complaining students in a small time out room alone.” Penelope said as tears started to form.

“I was in one for 3 whole days. Crying silently until I out.”

“Penelope.” Lizzie softly said as she felt bad for her.

“And after I leave, the students there would bully me or beat me up… I--” Penelope stopped as she let out her tears to roll on her cheeks.

“I- couldn’t stand it. And told my mother about it. She said she felt bad for me for moving into a new school. But she never would feel the same as I went through.” Lizzie held Penelope’s hand, rubbing her softly, assuring her that she’s safe.

“I told her that I wanted to go back to the Salvatore school even if she’s away. I don't care, but I-- I just don't want to be there anymore.” Penelope said as she started to sob while Lizzie hugs her.

“You’re always welcome to come back, even if your parents moved far away. Everyone here at the Salvatore school is here for you. We’re family.” Lizzie said as Penelope started to bawl uncontrollably. 

 

———

 

After a couple of minutes, Penelope calms down as she looks at Lizzie.

 

“Thanks for listening. You’re the first person I talked to about this.”

“Were you gonna keep this to yourself?”

“Probably… until I was ready to talk about it.” Penelope said as she let out a sigh of relief 

“Well, I thought I had someone to talk to when I came back, but she’s…” Penelope stopped as she looked out the window.

“She’s already moved on.” Penelope said as Lizzie saw the sadness on Penelope’s eyes.

“You’re talking about my sister, huh?” Lizzie asked as Penelope gave her a small sad smile.

“Yea.” 

“Are you going to talk to her about it?” Lizzie asked as Penelope shook her head.

“It won't matter. She doesn't love me anymore.”

“Penelope…”

“Every time I try to talk to her, she doesn't want to leave her girlfriend’s side and I have to talk to both about it, but her girlfriend doesn't need to know about my life.” Penelope said as Lizzie looked at her.

“Penelope, Josie needs to know.” Lizzie said as Penelope shook her head.

“Not now.. Later… She doesn't need to worry about me. She’s moved on her codependent rabbit hole. It's not her problem.”

“Penelope..”

“I will tell her later..”

“Okay, fine. You can tell her later, but can I ask you something?” Lizzie asked as Penelope looked at her.

“What?”

“Can you at least leave this room to attend class? You can't be skipping, you know?” Lizzie said as Penelope gave a soft chuckle and nod.

“I will.” Penelope said as Lizzie smiles.

“I’m here for you when you need it.” Lizzie said as Penelope nods

“You can barge into my room and tell me what’s in your mind. You can rant at me if you need.” Lizzie said as Penelope smiles

“Thanks.” Penelope said as Lizzie stood up and hugged her.

“Even though you’re a satan. You’re still family at the Salvatore school.” Lizzie said she breaks the hug and slowly walks out of her room.

 

Penelope let out a sigh of relief and leaned against the wall.

 

_____

 

“You can be full of yourself. It annoys me and wants me to beat you up!” The girl said as she and her group steps and kicks Penelope’s body while Penelope tries to block, but it's too painful.

 

*Ding dong ding dong*

 

“You’re lucky class is starting, we would’ve continue to beat you until you can't breathe.” One of the girls said.

“Stop being so smart and become a dumb witch. People like you will never have friends here.” the leader said as they snickered.

“Welcome to the Vexrorths witch school.” the leader added as Penelope saw a fainted leg swing towards her face as everything went black..

 

THUD!

 

_____

 

Penelope closed her eyes as she had a flashback of the last hit as she opened her eyes and lifted up her white blouse shirt, revealing black bruises and scars left from the beaten up. Penelope begins a healing spell towards them, it is still painful when she moves. 

 

Are we already too late?

Is our love over?

Even if it’s a lie, please tell me it isn’t so

I can do better now,

though we can’t meet again

I’m the only one in pain tonight

 

Penelope walked down the hall as she saw a familiar figure alone and saw an opportunity to talk to her. Penelope walked towards her.

 

“Josie.” Penelope called out as Josie looked at Penelope and rolled her eyes.

“What are you doing here? Don't you have other stuff to do?” Josie asked as she walked away from Penelope.

“I wanted to tell you something-” Penelope follows her

“Well, I don't have time to talk. I have a date with my girlfriend soon.” Josie said

“And I can't be seen with you or else she’ll be jealous.” 

“When did you ever stop loving me? Every time I see you, you always get the chance to take a glance at me like you want to make out with me or pounce at me or something.” Penelope said as Josie shook her head.

 

That's not what I wanted to talk about… Penelope thought as she took a look at the note in her hand.

 

“Our love we had is over. I don't love you anymore and don't care what you think. I'm not the same Josie as before. I’ve moved on.” Josie said as Penelope bit her lips.

“Well, can you take this note and read it in private? Please?” Penelope asked as Josie stopped and looked at her.

“Last time you gave me a note and told me to read it in private was when you left me.”

“This… this is different.” Penelope said as Josie shook her head and pushed the note away.

“I'm not gonna read it and I don't care because you’re my ex and I have a girlfriend who really appreciates me for who I am.” Joise said as Josie turned and walked away leaving Penelope standing there.

“But.. I need you..” Penelope whispers sadly as she watches Josie walk away.

 

———

 

Penelope sat down on the school yard bench as she leaned back and sighs. She’s tired. Tired chasing after Josie, asking her to talk to her. But Josie avoids her and tells her that she wants to be with her girlfriend instead of her ex.

 

“What are you doing out here?” A familiar voice asked, sitting next to her as Penelope saw it was MG who said it while Hope and Lizzie followed from behind.

“Just getting some fresh air.” Penelope said, giving them a small smile.

“At least you aren’t stuck inside your room and staying in there forever.” Hope said as Penelope nodded.

“Yea.”

“Are you feeling alright?” Lizzie asked as Penelope nodded.

“I'm a bit better.” Penelope said as MG and Hope was confused

“Feeling? Are you not feeling well?” MG asked as Penelope looked at him and back at Lizzie.

“I may or may not have told Lizzie what’s been bothering me.” Penelope said as they were shocked.

“And you didn't tell us?” MG said, acting like it hurts him.

“I never knew you two were friends?” Hope said as it was weird to hear.

“She was being nice.” Penelope said

“Yea. I'm trying to act nice now.” Lizzie agrees as Hope shakes her head.

“Lizzie Saltzman is never nice.” Hope said as Lizzie looked at her.

“Well, sorry for trying to change.” Lizzie said as she rolled her eyes.

“So.. what’s been bothering you?” MG asked, trying to figure out what’s bothering Penelope.

“I-” Penelope stopped as she bit her lips, stopping her from saying anything.

“You should tell them.” Lizzie said as Penelope looked at them.

“Tell us? Tell us what?” MG asked as he looked at Lizzie, then at Penelope.

“Did something happen when you left?” Hope asked as she sat on the other side of Penelope.

“I guess you guys should know.. What actually happened while I was gone for a year.” Penelope said as she inhaled and exhaled her breath before she started to

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter