Three

The World Ended Then
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

THREE 
Owed

Sehun had to leave now while the area was empty and the weather was fair. If he stayed inside the basement for one more day, he was sure to starve to death. Plus, after a whole month of no anomalies at all seemed too good to be true. For sure, something bad had to happen sometime, and he wouldn't wait and take that risk. He has to move now.

     While carrying a huge bag on his back, Sehun also carries a bow and a couple of arrows in his right hand and a flashlight in the other. If Sehun had known that being forced to do archery since middle school would save his life, he wouldn't have given his parents hell every time he attends practice. While guns are good and more efficient, guns are also loud. With a bow straight to the eye, which Sehun had perfected from more than ten years of practically training, he could get away faster without attracting attention.

     When the sky is just about to rise and the world was still dark, Sehun got out of his bunker and walked South. He didn't know what to expect or where to go exactly. All he knew was that he needed to find a safe place as soon as possible.

     New York, being the most populated city in the United States, was one of the most dangerous places to stay. Especially in Manhattan. Sehun tried to go there eight years ago. It was an extremely unwise decision. He realized that when he saw the Empire State Building on the verge of collapse. The people looked like ants from above, they were so many of them. After that, Sehun decided to jump from one house to another, staying there for at least a day or two before finding a safer place to stay. But of course, not without fatal encounters that almost made him want to give up.

     But the thing about human beings is that they will always strive to survive. That is their natural instinct. On the brink of death, the human brain will force itself to cling to the things worth surviving for. Family, beaches, foods, and every single moment that would make them want to continue living would flash right back in their minds. That is what kept Sehun running all these times.

     Sehun scanned the streets for any signs of soulless He called them that because they looked like humans, they once were, but they don't have the same personalities anymore, no same minds; and when you look them straight in the eye, there is no soul at all. But he doesn't want to dehumanize them, although all the humanity in them seemed to have disappeared long ago. When the coast was cleared, Sehun carefully steps onto the pavement and started walking south. He has to find shelter before the dark envelops the earth once again. It doesn't even have a comfortable place. Sehun had forgotten what it felt like to be comfortable ten years ago. He just needed to get through the night and maybe find something to eat if he's being extremely lucky.

    Straight down Brooklyn Avenue, Sehun was pretty sure there was a cemetery and just two blocks away was a diner he ate at once with his friends. With that location in mind, Sehun continued walking on the deserted road.

     Just five years ago, Brooklyn was still crowded with the soulless. But since a huge tsunami washed the city away. Sehun remembered having to stay on the roof of a miraculously well-built condominium for weeks to wait for the flood to go down. Surprisingly, soulless decompose faster in that dirty water and no matter how alive their brains were, they simply couldn't go on walking around with rotten flesh and half a brain. Many died completely... Sehun couldn't find a better wording for it so he prefers it was just natural selection, probably. He had survived because he knew he was smarter than most people. He can think quickly of a way to get out of an impossible situation, and he knew how to handle his stress. The first five years after the year 2022 are the hardest. That was when soulless continued to multiply and there were more of them each day. The later they were infected, the more compact and strong their bodies were. Now, about ten years later, the e

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter