In defiance of the desire

In defiance of the desire

CHAPTER 2


Wearing a dark suit, a hard-faced man stood guard outside the door.
- Where is Jiyong? asked Chaerin. My husband .... where is he?
The man laid eyes on the closed door of the office.
- Mr. Kwon wishes not to be disturbed.
He had the same intonation as the person to whom she spoke on the phone. With a shudder, Chaerin left the room, crossed the corridor and opened the office door.

Jiyong sat beside the large oak table. He was not alone. There were two policemen and a man she recognized immediately: Choi Seung Hyun, Jiyong's right arm. The four men were leaning on the countertop. Surprised by the entry of the young woman, they stood up all at once.
Chaerin laid her eyes on the only one that mattered to her.
- Jiyong, she said, walking towards him. I ....
He extended his hand toward the object on the desk. Only when she heard a click, followed by a heavy silence, she understood why they had all seemed so absorbed. And at this time also she recognized what she had heard.
She froze. Pale, she closed her eyes and swayed on her legs. Ji Hye's voice. She had heard the voice of her baby whispering "Mom? Mom?" And the sound was suddenly interrupted.
- Do not touch her!

The order was shouted in a hoarse and threatening voice.
Chaerin could not tell who had tried to approach, who slowed her fall. But she knew when Jiyong's arms closed around her to keep her from collapsing on the thick carpet. He pressed her against his chest and held firmly.

After installing her in the chair, he does not release his grip on her, and she leaned against him, without force.
Her heart was pounding and she was breathing with difficulty.
Far away, she heard Jiyong swear softly in Japanese and Korean. She raised a hand frozen, numb, and put her fingers on his lips.
He had the same reaction as if she had slapped him.
- Jingyo, she murmured in a voice barely audible.
She did not even realize she had just called him by a nickname she used before, when she was mad in love with him.
- It was my little girl .... It was her voice ...

Kwon Jiyong remained bent before her. Chaerin's long hair were still clinging to his shoulders. He briefly closed his eyes, gripped by a searing pain.
Then he managed to whisper:
- Shhh ...
He took the clenched fingers of Chaerin, touched them with his lips and pressed them in the palm of his hand.
- She's fine, Chaerin. She called you, but she isn't suffering. You hear me, Chae? It is ...
Chaerin fainted. "Finally!" probably thought those who had observed her with concern throughout the afternoon. She gave herself into the arms of the man who was holding her against him.


*

When she regained consciousness she was in her room, lying on her bed. The doctor leaned over her and smiled warmly.
- I want you to take this Ms. Kwon, "he muttered, handing her two pills and a glass of water.
Chaerin shook her head in denial, and closed her eyes trying to remember what had happened.

The memory pops up in force, bringing in its wake a wave of nausea.
- Where is Jiyong? she asked in a whisper.
- I'm here.
Chaerin turned her head and saw him near the bed. He seemed different, as if his usual arrogance had abandoned him.
Pearled tears in her eyes when she asked:
- You talked to her?
- Take these medicines, he replied simply
Chaerin shook her head stubbornly.
- I want to know what they told you.
- I'll tell you when you've taken these pills.
- You wanna make me sleep. No way!
- Take these tablets Chaerin, ordered Jiyong. Otherwise I will ask them to give you an injection.
Chaerin obeyed: Jiyong never uttered threats lightly. Moreover she was not stupid. She knew that if it was an injection, they won't give her simple sedatives.

After a while, the doctor took her wrist  to check her hearbeat. She realized that her heart was gradually recovering to a normal rhythm. Then she heard  footsteps, the bedroom door that closed quietly, and realized she was alone again with Jiyong.
- You can tell me what happened now, she murmured without even lifting her eyelids? I will not get hysterical.
- You have not had earlier either. You've just collapsed.
- A feeling of "déjà vu" Jiyong? she quipped weakly
- Yes

His answer surprised her as she opened her eyes. He had not even pretended not to understand.
He turned, pulled a chair near the bed and sat down. She knew he disliked it when she evokes the memory. Him, out of control, ready to hit her, and she, fainting because she was too scared.
This incident occurred in another house, another country. Another world, really. And he left without even granting her a look.
Then she had not seen him since. Until today.

 

AN/ New chapter. I know I haven't updated since a long time. Gomen *bows to everyone*

But here is the new chapter. Might raise even more questions lol