Marry U

Marry U

“Please Hyukkie,” Donghae begged, pouting his lips and widening his eyes in his best attempt to act cutely, “it won’t take long I promise.” 

 

Hyukjae shook his head, trying to physically evade Donghae’s puppy eyes, “time isn’t the problem so don’t pretend you don’t know that.” 

 

“What is the problem then?” Donghae pouted again, moving to wrap his arms around his boyfriend’s waist. 

 

Hyukjae looked down at him, internally laughing at their height difference, placing his hands on either side of Donghae’s face and pushing his cheeks together. He chuckled softly, playing with the younger’s cheeks and laughing every time Donghae tried to pull away. 

 

“My hair is damaged enough because of you, what more do you want from me?” he complained, finally letting go of Donghae’s face. 

 

“I resent the implication,” Donghae whined, tightening his hold on his boyfriend, “it was your own choice to get your hair dyed, how can you blame me for that?” 

 

Hyukjae scowled, but not before leaving a gentle kiss in the centre of the younger’s forehead. 

 

“You threatened to only have with other blonde men until I bleached my hair!” Hyukjae laughed, and Donghae could sense the slight bitterness in his tone. 

 

“I didn’t threaten you, I merely suggested that I would like to have with a blonde man, pertaining to you and only you,” Donghae explained himself, maintaining their eye contact as Hyukjae brushed the hair away from his boyfriend’s forehead, “you know I’d never want to have with anyone but you right?” 

 

Hyukjae recognised the beginning of a drop in Donghae’s mood, placing another delicate kiss on his forehead as a meagre attempt to comfort him, “of course Hae, I was just teasing you.” 

 

The younger didn’t seem to believe him, but smiled up at him anyway, nodding his head cutely. Hyukjae didn’t know how to convince him, leaning down to finally give Donghae a proper kiss. 

 

Hyukjae pulled away, smiling widely when he saw the pout appear once again on his boyfriend’s face, “come on.” 

 

Donghae looked at him questioningly, eyes widening in shock when he saw the elder point towards the makeshift station he had set up earlier. Donghae squealed in happiness, dragging him by his wrist towards the sofa. 

 

Hyukjae chuckled as he was pushed down onto the floor, smiling to himself proudly as he saw all traces of insecurity wiped from his boyfriend’s face. He made himself comfortable, Donghae situating himself behind him on the sofa. He let Donghae swing his legs over his shoulders, grabbing hold of his ankles as the younger started on his hair. 

 

He let out a pleasured sigh when he felt Donghae rake his hands through his hair, parting it with a happy giggle. 

 

Donghae started to braid a small piece at the front, sticking his tongue out in concentration as he tried his hardest to copy what he had been taught and practised for the last few weeks. He stopped halfway down, picking up the first fabric flower and braiding it into the blonde hair and giggling again to himself when he had finished on the small bunch of hair. 

 

“How did you learn to do this?” Hyukjae interrupted the silence as Donghae picked up another piece of hair, on the opposite side this time. 

 

Donghae started on the braid before answering, not wanting to mess up and have to start again. 

 

“One of the hair stylists gave me a lesson and noona let me practise on her until I started to get better,” he explained as he picked up a pink flower this time, weaving it into the little braid. 

 

“Should I be scared or relieved that you and my sister seem to get along so well?” Hyukjae joked, staying as still as possible as to not disturb the younger. 

 

Donghae snickered as he finally fastened the little flower into the braid, continuing to entwine the strands together, “she’s my sister too now.” 

 

“Not officially,” Hyukjae could sense the dissatisfaction roll off the younger as soon as the words had been said so he continued in an effort to correct things, “but she will be when we get married.” 

 

He heard Donghae let out a quiet gasp of surprise, about to turn his head before his boyfriend spoke up again. 

 

When we get married?” he asked in shock, tying off the end of the braid before turning Hyukjae’s head to face him. 

 

The elder had a slight blush decorating his cheeks and Donghae had to resist the urge to pinch them and coo out loud. 

 

“Well,” Hyukjae’s eyes started to dart around the room, subconsciously looking for a way to escape just in case, “we will get married eventually right? Even if we can’t here in Korea, I was hoping we could at least get married abroad.” 

 

Donghae couldn’t say anything, instead he continued to stare at his boyfriend with the same bewildered expression. Hyukjae took it as a bad sign, rushing to try and explain himself. 

 

“I…I mean, that’s only…I just hoped…” Hyukjae took a deep breath, staring up into Donghae’s reassuring eyes and deciding to just go for it, “even though our marriage wouldn’t be recognised legally in Korea, I really want to spend the rest of my life with you.” 

 

Donghae felt the corner of his lips rising involuntarily. 

 

“I want to marry you Donghae.” 

 

Donghae flung himself at Hyukjae, kissing him repeatedly as to stop himself from squealing. He felt the rim of his eyes start to tingle, and before long tears started running down his cheeks. 

 

Hyukjae breaks away from a particularly passionate kiss, grabbing hold of Donghae’s face and wiping underneath his eyes. 

 

“Why are you crying baby?” he started to panic, “did I say something wrong?” 

 

Donghae shook his head, feeling another wave of tears cascade down his face, “I want to marry you too Hyukjae, I want us to share our love like any other couple.” 

 

Hyukjae nodded in reply, feeling his own tears start to build up. 

 

“I want to have a big wedding, and go to Hawaii or maybe Japan for our honeymoon and I want to raise a family with you, even if we have to learn a new language and move far away,” Donghae sobbed, kneeling down so he was level with Hyukjae, “I want to do it with you Hyukjae, no one else but you.” 

 

Hyukjae let his own tears fall, pulling Donghae’s head into his neck and rubbing up his back as he continued to cry. 

 

“Let’s do it Hae,” Hyukjae resolved, through his hair with his free hand, “not right now, but let’s make a promise until then.” 

 

“A promise?” 

 

Hyukjae chuckled at the muffled yet nasal voice, “a promise to get married and love each other for the rest of our lives.” 

 

Donghae couldn’t speak nor could he control his crying, instead wailing a noise of agreement into his boyfriend’s now damp skin. 

 

“I’ll buy you a ring soon,” Hyukjae continued, though his voice was quite obviously shaky, “and I’ll officially propose to you, I’ll try and make it as romantic as possible, just for you.” 

 

“I love you Hyukjae…so much,” Donghae’s tears were starting to subside but the traces were still visible on his face and in his voice. 

 

Hyukjae pulled the younger in for another kiss, not caring about the saltiness of their tears, and ended up smiling so wide their lips were barely pressed together anymore. He pulled away after a short while, pressing their foreheads together and taking in a few deep breaths. 

 

“I love you, more than anything in the world.” 

 

Donghae giggled, pulling away from Hyukjae just enough so they were still close but their foreheads were no longer in contact. Hyukjae stared at him curiously, unknowingly pouting his lips. 

 

“Your hair makes you look very cute, Hyukkie,” Donghae continued to giggle. 

 

Hyukjae didn’t respond, instead pushing Donghae to the floor and claiming his lips once more.