-Fin-

Car Crash
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

/chaeyoung’s pov for the whole thing\ song : car crash by eaj







 

We got it started in the worst way

Just by the way you looked at me

 

Shutting off my bike, I headed towards the gate that led into the complex. Classes were boring as usual, and I couldn’t wait to just throw myself into bed and sleep all of my problems away. If that couldn’t work, I could always just turn to my little boxed friends. They’re in one of my pockets somewhere…

 

I turned the corner, and the gate to the complex was already open, which meant no fishing around for my keys until I got upstairs. I walked through, and immediately heard the quiet shouts of Eunseong.Of course, Eunseong and Goeun are fighting again, and it has to be at the entrance of the complex. My head started to hurt just thinking of what stupid insecurity of hers Eunseong was trying to project onto Goeun this time. Pour soul, I could never have the patience to deal with that . Eunseong would've been punched in the face the first time she did that if it was me.

 

I nodded towards the both of them, as a means of acknowledgement and nothing more. As I glanced at Goeun, I immediately turned away because of the look she gave me in return. She looked angry, like I was the one she was in an argument with and not Eunseong. But as I looked away, her gaze changed in the slightest bit. It wasn’t meaner, instead it looked as if she took interest in me. I shrugged it off and continued to my apartment, finally able to get some rest.

 

Goddamn it was a spectacle

We look in incredible (yeah)

 

It was a car crash

Two colors cross the intersect

 

After that first encounter, it seemed like I couldn’t escape Goeun’s presence. Everytime I would leave to the campus, or return after my classes, it seemed like Goeun was around so much more. That and the petty arguments Eunseong constantly made seemed to lessen. Maybe that’s why it seemed like she was around more. Because she actually was.

 

I sat in silence listening to a new song I had to write for class. It wasn’t anything special, but it wasn’t good either. I only started it today, so only the base layer was done. It needed a few more hours, but I had confidence I could pull it off. I plugged my headphones in and loaded up the saved file into the program I used and then it was off to the races. 

 

About an hour had passed when I saw Goeun’s door open in my peripheral vision. She seemed like she was going somewhere, so I just continued with what I was doing. She walked away from her door, before she stopped and looked towards my apartment. I stopped what I was doing before glancing up towards her.

 

The moment I saw her wave was the moment I realized I ed up. My head tilted as my eyes widened slowly, before I glanced down at the headphone jack on my laptop. My headphones weren’t plugged in properly, so the whole time everything I was doing could be heard. What was even worse was the fact that I opened the window just a tad bit earlier so I could get some air in my room. With the window open, it was louder than it would’ve been if it was closed. I flushed red in embarrassment as I moved to close the window, and hide in humiliation. I couldn’t believe I did that, and hoped I could forget this day ever happened.

 

What I didn’t notice was the way she smiled at my embarrassed self, giggling softly before returning to whatever she was doing previously.

 

Red light wasn't the problem

The stop sign drew us deeper in (Yeah)

 

Chase me out of your bed just to tell me, "Come back"

And the signals were mixed, so we crashed

Your bloodshot eyes tell me when

All the warring has ended, it was beautiful

 

Walking back into the complex after a tiring day of classes, I wished I could just nap and be done with the day. One of my teachers, however, did not share the same sentiment and assigned a song due tomorrow just before noon. Thankfully, it was a quiet afternoon in the complex so maybe I could finally be productive today.

 

A few hours later I had finished my assignment. It was a bit overkill, considering I had tomorrow morning to work on it too. But where was the fun in more work when I could just take a longer break instead. I unplugged my headphones and played the song out loud, just to ensure it sounded good.

 

The song finished and I was satisfied with it. As I moved to close my laptop, a voice interrupted me. “Did you make that?” My eyes widened from the question, turning towards my window just to come face to face with Goeun. I could only nod in response, before clearing my throat to properly speak to the other girl. “Yeah, it’s for one of my classes.” Goeun seemed intrigued, to say the least. Her eyes lit up in wonder, but her face showed that this small fact about my talents seemed…attractive? All she did however was smile, before beckoning me closer to the window. As I moved closer to her, a smile landed on my face before we started talking. Even if it started to be about pointless topics, we still talked and entertained each other.

 

“I didn't mean it”’s caught in crossfire

It's fine, but then, you called me, "Liar"

How could I be alright

Knowing where you are at night?

 

The weekend came quicker than I had expected, and once again I spent it cooped up inside watching cheesy k-dramas with Goeun. They were cringey yes, but watching with her made it so much more funnier than they should have been. It was the little things, like the way her eyebrows scrunched in disgust every time something cheesy happened or the subtle way her eyes lit up at the romantic words. If someone described to me the very sight I was looking at, I wouldn’t have been able to envision the sight. Goeun was the type to do dumb to look cool, to impress or in her current case, simply because she liked one of the idiots who frequented that stuff. She wasn’t (well, up until this moment I believe) the type of person who would rather spend time away from their significant other simply because they wanted to.

 

The dialogue coming from the TV speakers pulled me out of my thoughts. It seemed familiar. My eyes became fixated on the drama ahead, as Goeun began to speak to me. “Chae,” she said, quietly, like the walls were listening to us and would, at any moment, spill whatever was shared. I nodded, glancing at her before returning to the TV. “...can I…trust you?” Those four words caught my attention, subconsciously pausing the show while turning to fully face Goeun. I nodded, “Why? Did something happen?” Her eyes landed towards her lap, as she faintly shook her head in a yes. I didn’t say anything, just waited for her to say something, anything. A number of minutes passed before she spoke again.

 

“Th…This may seem kind of stupid and I’m really really sorry if I’m dragging you into t

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter