One

The Storm Will Pass

Another semester has finally started last week. Students are coming back to the dorm, and one of them was Hyukjae. Hyukjae somehow doesn't have a roommate. Supposedly everyone has a roommate. But Hyukjae also enjoy being all alone anyway 

Hyukjae has done today's classes. but he decided to use his free time to get fresh air on campus garden before heading back to the dorm.

Some people greeted him while he was walking in the corridor. Yes, Hyukjae is popular. He's a good looking man and smart, who wouldn't fall for him?

When he reached the garden, he just sat on the bench and enjoyed his beloved drink, strawberry milk. Just as he was sipping on the milk, he saw a man bringing a suitcase, with teary eyes walking while looking down.

The view caught Hyukjae's attention. He then stopped the man.

"Please don't hurt me." The man squeezed his eyes shut.

Hyukjae was a bit shocked with the reaction. But he saw a drop of tears fall on the man's cheek.

"Hey, I won't hurt you. Please open your eyes. Are you okay?" The taller asked.

"H-huh?" The man slowly opened his eyes, showing his beautiful eyes.

"I'm Hyukjae." The taller one introduced himself with his gummy smile.

"I- I'm Donghae." The man said it, stuttering as the taller pulled him to sit on the bench.

Hyukjae noticed that the man's body was shivering. He quickly took off his jacket. Just when he was about to cling his jacket on Donghae's body, he saw a piece of paper taped on Donghae's back. 

"What is this?" Hyukjae asked with confusion.

Hyukjae checks it and turns out "LOSER" was written on the paper. Then it hit him, Donghae was scared he would hurt him, and he got this paper on his back. Someone is definitely picking on him.

Donghae saw the paper and began to cry silently. Hyukjae didn't realize at first, he was trying to put his jacket on the man in front of him. But a sob can be heard.

"Donghae?"

Hyukjae finally realized that the man was crying. He quickly hugged him tight and gave some pats on Donghae's back.

"Who did this to you, Donghae? Let me help you."

Donghae didn't say anything. But the man started to hug back the taller. He feels safe. And he needed it. Just a little longer.

Just like reading a book, Hyukjae easily understood the situation and let Donghae cry in his embrace. At least until he feels better.

 

After some time, Donghae finally calmed down. He stopped crying. Hyukjae wiped the tears that ran through Donghae's cheeks.

"Feeling better now?"

Donghae just nodded and sniffled. 

"Well, Donghae, I can help you if you need help. You can tell me who it is."

"NO!" Donghae widened his eyes in panic. "I- I mean, I'm s-scared."

Ah, Hyukjae got it. It must be terrifying for him to open up about the matter. The bully might pick on him even worse when they know Donghae asked for help.

"I need to go to find my room, because I'm getting a new room. Thank you so much, Hyukjae." Donghae stood up and bowed while showing his warm smile on his face.

"Let me help you search for it then, I know this campus really well. What room are you in?"

"718. You?"

"Hey, that's my room! I finally have a roommate! Cool!" Hyukjae said excitedly. "Okay Donghae, follow me!"

 

Donghae just noticed the jacket and he saw Hyukjae just wearing a long sleeve. 

"Your jacket." Donghae said while trying to take it off.

"No, you wear it. You were shaking. I'm good."

Donghae's heart warmth. This little thing somehow made him slowly trust Hyukjae. The look on the taller one made him feel safe.

 

"Alright, here we are!" Hyukjae chanted as they stood in front of a door with 718 written on it. 

Hyukjae unlocked the door and let Donghae in. He then helped Donghae to set up his stuff. 

"Are you hungry, Donghae?" Hyukjae askee when they're finished.

"A little, yes."

"Donghae, you look pale. Are you okay?" Hyukjae quickly put the back of his hand on Donghae's forehead.

Donghae was a bit flattered by the act. He could feel his cheeks heating up by embarrassment.

"Donghae? You're sick. Let me make you some soup. Just rest on the bed."

Not gonna lie, Donghae felt his head very heavy. Maybe what happened today made his body feel numb. He obeyed Hyukjae's words and lay on the bed while waiting for the soup.

 

Half an hour just passed. Hyukjae brought the soup, water and medicine. Hyukjae greeted by the peaceful view of Donghae fell asleep on the bed. 

Hyukjae softly shakes Donghae's hand to wake him up. Donghae slowly got up as his sleep was interrupted.

"It's getting late and you haven't eaten dinner, so eat first. I also prepared you medicine so please drink it." 

Donghae nodded and thanked Hyukjae. Hyukjae then also grabbed a bowl of soup and ate it with Donghae. 

 

Donghae finished his, and followed by Hyukjae. The taller cleaned up everything and came back to Donghae. 

"You haven't taken your meds. Come on." Hyukjae took a pill and gave it to Donghae.

Donghae then took it and drank lots of water.

"Now sleep, Donghae. Get a lot of rest."

"Hyukjae, thank you for taking care of me. You're so nice."

"Thank me by getting healthy then." Hyukjae smiled. "Goodnight Donghae."

 

They both drifted to sleep.