TWO

it's all about a journey (getting to you)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

She doesn't think of anything that can be worse than this.

 

Don't get her wrong, though. It just happens that none of the members has the slot open in their schedule to attend the show with her, and Jihyo bailed on her at the last minute (she has a treat for her favorite food from her for the next three months), and in short, she has to attend alone.

 

Doesn't really stop the swirling twist in her stomach right now.

 

By all means, she's already gotten used to this. But today (of all days) she finds herself barely paying attention to the MC at the front, and her eyes aren't interested to stray around and amuse herself. Oh, and right in front of her is an idol who is a senior to her by a year.

 

The best view she can get is the back of her head, and she's not that daring to just strike up a conversation (she has to be really bored out of her mind to get to the resolution—

 

"The rest at Row C, please come to the stage!"

 

The instruction came from the farther left side of the (chairs), and she had to think of a way to step down the steep stairs before a hand reached out to her.

 

"You can take my hand."

 

There is no time to think or considering before Sana (she can imagine herself with jaw agape and nodding dumbly like a dumb person right now) put her hand on the senior's and let her stepping down the stairs until they reach the side of the stage, joining the others.

 

Nothing else she remembered from six years ago besides the brilliant smile of Wendy from Red Velvet.

 


 

Today is Thursday, which means that today is their free time from the hectic schedule of Red Velvet, which also means the annual schedule of gathering in their favorite coffee shop which promises a lot of privacy to go around (Some idols and bigwigs of entertainment industry ever step in to try their Toffee Nut Latte, which has become a big hit for some time between PD and script writers alike). Irene steps out of the car with black hat and pastel facemask, gathering the bag onto her shoulder, sweeping the strap to the side before strolling into the cafe.

 

Joy and Yeri discussing (vehemently and vigorously) about pineapple on pizzas, Seulgi with eyes glued on games in her phone (Irene forgot to uninstall that game and block it for real from existence), it is the sight that Irene expected to see as daily occurrences.

 

Except that they are now circling the desk with clasped hands, elbows on the edge of the table, clenched jaw and apprehensive faces. The leader almost thought that they were being serious.

 

"Unnie." As soon as she put her bag at the table, she shot them a weirded out look. "Have you heard the last Wendy unnie's radio episode?"

 

"I have…" Irene shook her head, a little puzzled at why this came out of nowhere. "And it's just a hoobae's admiration." Irene has her own share of that admiration, and the number of those who suddenly open with their admiration for Irene (even public figures) unfazed her after a while. "You, Seulgi and Yerim have your own 'fans' in this industry as well, so why can't Seungwan have one?"

 

Three looks of disbelief on their faces rather pissed Irene off for no reason, but she has to be the bigger person in this situation. "Whatever Operation Seduction thingy you're talking about since last week…"

 

But the maknaes are already having their own discussions.

 

"Welp, even she didn't get it."

 

"Do I have to do everything on my own?"

 

"Stop being such a drama queen Seulgi-sshi, and just stick to your carrot and stick."

 

"Hey!" Irene couldn't help the irritation in her tone when she called them out. "What do you mean by that—"

 

"Oh you'll get it when she comes."

 

One raised eyebrow. "Who?"

 

"Welcome!"
 

Within the sound of doorbell beeping, the door swung forward, and heel boots up to the thighs clip-copping on the surface of the tiles. Almost all of the visitors crack their necks to steal a look as she makes a steady walk to, whatever the blazes is going on, Red Velvet's table. The innocent features hidden in the corner of her lips unmistakably belong to the girl group they knew so well for redefining the cutesy, lovely concept that won hearts for centuries—wait.

 

"Sana…-sshi?" Irene

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter