A lesson in power

Breadwinner

A/N: Hi everyone, I wanted to give my sincere apologies for the extended absence. With what happened first in Seoul during halloween and that tragic accident, followed by other tragic events in other countries too. It didn’t feel right to post, at least not right away. When things like this happen, it does put things in perspective and make you more grateful for what you do have. I promise this isn’t some performative note or anything, but I just felt it best not to. And then I ended up getting covid and being very sick with that, and life has been hectic to the point I wasn’t truly able to sit down and write. Those problems do seem very small compared to what others have gone through, but I wanted to give everyone the truth why I wasn’t able to post sooner. I am luckily feeling better now, but I am afraid I’ll need time to catch up writing wise, so I appreciate any understanding at this time. Please enjoy chapter 5 and thanks again! 





 

Joohyun didn’t even hear anything anymore. Her father’s lips were moving and he was certainly talking but she simply couldn’t hear him. She never cared about her parent’s money or wealth, as those were things that were important to the two of them. From the very moment they decided they would threaten to disown her if she chose to marry the person she loved. Joohyun not once backed down and told them they should go ahead and do so. She would not change her mind about being with Seulgi, and didn’t care about their threats. It’s not even the fact that her father has decided to go through with disowning her. It’s more so the fact that he is hell bent on teaching her some lesson he thinks will make her give up on the person she loves the most. No parent who claims to love their own child would ever do this much.

 

“Find a way to meet with your mother and I. We can all go through the details together.”

 

“I don’t see what we need to discuss, dad. You’ve already made your decisions.” Joohyun speaks after finding her voice again.

 

“We don’t want you to feel blindsided, that’s all. Just like we didn’t want to simply blindside your sister. She wasn’t ever planning to be our heir either, you know. So your decisions directly impact Yerim too.”

 

“You’re really trying to pile on the guilt, aren’t you.” She chuckled sadly, and handed him back the documents. This wasn’t the time or place for a conversation such as this. Joohyun had work to do and in truth. She’d rather be working than deal with her father right now.

 

“You still have time to think about your actions, sweetheart.”

 

“I’m not going to leave Seulgi, dad. It doesn’t matter if you’ve taken me out of your will or told Yerim to not leave me with a dime of your money. It’s your money and that’s what matters to you, you’ve already proven that. Now, please see yourself out because I have work to do.”

 

Byeongho looks at his daughter like he wants to hug her. And he almost does, he moves to her side and starts to hug her, like he did when she was a little girl and she scraped her knees while playing. Despite how Joohyun might feel now he is only trying to look out for her best interest.

 

“Hyun.” He speaks softly, “I know you don’t believe me now. But I am only trying to protect you.”

 

“I don’t need protection from my wife.”

 

“You’ll see,” he kisses the top of her forehead. “One day you’ll see. Have a good day, sweetheart.” 

 

He leaves and the moment he does leave her office. Joohyun closes the door behind him and releases a frustrated sigh. How can one person be so frustrating? Worst of all, she didn’t even get to talk to him about what he said to Seulgi, and what he wanted from her. He already ruined her morning and it hadn’t even officially gotten started. 

 

“Is he really not going to be happy unless I’m not with the person I love?”

 

Joohyun just couldn’t understand it at all. Even if her parents didn’t approve of her marriage. The very least they could do is accept it and leave it alone, not keep on trying to attack it every chance they got. She didn’t think her parents would be happy about her marriage by any means. She just didn’t think it would have ever turned out quite this bad.

 

There had to be a better way. She needed to figure something out, because there was no way things could continue on like this.

 

Right now, though. She just needed to hear her alpha’s voice. Seulgi usually made everything feel better.


 

 


 


 

Seulgi had fallen asleep when her phone woke her up and she almost hung up on the caller. 

 

“Kang Seulgi?” 

 

“Kang, are you able to work the night shift tonight?”

 

The voice of her boss Mr. Seo woke her up right away, and it’s funny how that works. Not even an ounce of sleep could be found in her voice the minute she heard that serious and gruff voice on the other end of the call. 

 

“Yes, sir! I can definitely work the shift. Um, Sir. I was wondering if there was any way you’d be able to send some more shifts my way? Doesn’t matter if it’s early morning or afternoon. It’ll really help me out.”

 

The silence hadn’t been very encouraging at all. Seulgi understood she was only working on call, and that didn’t mean she was a part of the regular staff. She needed to try anyway.

 

“I’ll see what I can do, Kang. I can’t promise you but I’ll see.”

 

“Alright, Sir, thank you. I’ll be there tonight.”

 

“Very good. Talk soon.” He ends the call without as much as a goodbye. Seulgi could care less about that. If there’s even a chance she can work some extra shifts to make some more money. She wants to take it. But now she has to work tonight after all. Seulgi figures she better get as much rest as possible while she could.

 

Meanwhile, Yerim doesn’t get the chance to call her sister-in-law as she’s dealing with an unexpected guest of her own. Yerim could only sigh and wish she had something stronger than coffee. It was too early in the morning to be sitting with her mother.

 

“Mom.” The alpha begins. “No offense but seeing you last night was plenty enough for a while.”

 

Hyunjoo takes no offense to her younger daughter and acts as if she didn’t even hear a word Yerim said.

 

“I wanted to stop by because I’d like to know when you and Seungwan will be free next.”

 

Oh no, Yerim didn’t have a good feeling about this at all. She told Seungwan that her mother would no doubt want to spend time with them, and probably treat Seungwan in the ways she didn’t get the chance to with Joohyun. Not that she couldn’t have done all those mother-daughter things with Joohyun anyways. She just chose to hang out because of her dislike of Seulgi more than anything else.

 

“I don’t know. I couldn’t say.”

 

“Yerim.” Her mother frowns. “Your father and I want to have a small dinner. We won’t do anything big and flashy for now. We just want you and her to come with her parents too. We’ve already reached out to the Son’s and they’re more than happy to attend. We’re going to be family soon so it would be nice to start spending more time together.”

 

Her mother makes it sound so lovely, and perhaps it will be. She knows her parents will be very nice to Seungwan’s parents. But the family should include everyone and Yerim didn’t hear any mention of Joohyun or Seulgi at all.

 

“Last time I checked I had a sister. And she had a wife. So are they invited?”

 

“I believe I said small dinner. This is your engagement dinner that your father and I want to throw for you. Perhaps we can invite Joohyun and Seulgi for the next party.”

 

“In other words you don’t want them to possibly embarrass you in front of Seungwan’s parents. I don’t think they’ll care that Seulgi isn’t an executive or running her own company.”

 

“Yerim. Please don’t be difficult.”

 

“I’m sorry, I guess I wanted to be clear why my own sister and her wife can’t come to a small family dinner. Seulgi isn’t the scum of the earth because she’s not rich, mom.”

 

“Let’s not fight, sweetheart. I only want to make sure you and Seungwan have everything you deserve from your father and myself. Now, let’s try this again. When do you think you’ll be free so I can set things up?”

 

Yerim hated arguing with either her mom or dad. Both of them always needed to have the last word no matter what and it was exhausting. Besides that Yerim never liked the feeling of being dismissed and not fully heard. Whenever her parents heard anything they didn’t agree with they’d simply ignore it until you yourself decided to drop it.

 

“I don’t know, let me ask Seungwan and see what a good time will be for her too. Is that alright with you, your majesty?”

 

Her mother simply pats her face. “That wasn’t so difficult now was it? Honestly, Yerim most people would be happy that their parents are willing to spare no expense to treat them well. I don’t understand you or your sister sometimes.”

 

Yerim could have laughed then. They don’t understand her or Joohyun? When it’s her and Joohyun that barely understand their parents.

 

“Is there anything else, mom. I was trying to enjoy my day off.”

 

“Yes, there actually is. When you’re able, your father and I need to meet with you and Joohyun. We didn’t get to speak to you last night like we wanted. We want to go over some things with you two.”

 

“Such as?”

 

“We don’t want anyone blindsided so we want you and Joohyun to see all the changes we’ve made officially. She is no longer our heir because she’s our first born..” anything else Yerim didn’t even hear. She sort of only noticed her mother’s lips moving but not the words she’s actually saying.

 

“ they actually went and disowned her…”

 


 

Joohyun never had the chance to call Seulgi. Not when her day was going from bad to worse before her eyes. She hated sitting in on board meetings with most of these old men who thought they knew it all. She especially disliked the ones who were misogynistic and living somewhere in the stone age. Someone made a comment directed at her, and everyone got quiet.

 

“Excuse me?” Joohyun asked. “What did you just say?”

 

“I’m just saying perhaps it would not be wise to just hand you the CEO position, Joohyun. After all, how do you expect to run this company when you’re probably going to want to have pups soon. That would prove difficult I’m sure…”

 

Some of the other board members looked appalled, shocked, and even if they might have possibly shared similar sentiment. They’d never address it directly toward the woman herself.

 

“I don’t know why you think you can address me on a personal level like this. But since you’ve brought it up. Whether or not I chose to have children with my wife is the business of no one but myself and her. And even if I do plan to have children in a year or two. There is nothing that will stop me from being CEO as well as any alpha who doesn’t have to worry about these double standards. Furthermore, the last time I checked we had family leave for both alpha and omega parents. Did we not?”

 

“Yes, ma’am. That we do!” One of the beta secretaries nods.

 

“So again, don’t underestimate me because I am an omega. Don't think I can’t run this company whether I have a family or not. We are not in the Stone Age either, there’s no law saying my wife can’t stay home with our kids. Now if we’re finished discussing me for the moment. Can we get back to the real issues at hand.”

 

Joohyun was just pissed off and she let him have it. Most people in the room were still stunned but then she heard some loud claps.

 

“Way to go, Joohyun!”

 

“That’s our future CEO.”

 

“She told you!”

 

She wasn’t proud of herself, not really. All she wanted was for this day to be over and to go home to be with Seulgi. Today wasn’t her day at all. Joohyun could only hope it didn’t get worse from here. The meeting did continue and there were no more outbursts. To her surprise a few of the older board members commended her for standing up for herself.

 

“He had no right to talk about your personal life and how it might affect your job here, Ms. Bae. I hope you know you do have the majority of the support you need to be the CEO.”

 

“Oh, thank you, Mr. Jung.” She nods to him and one of the other omega’s in the room. A woman named Kim Jennie came over to her and immediately high fived her. Someone she herself had become friendly with over her time working here, and enjoys the fact she has someone who she can trust at work, and vice versa. She also knew her wife Park Chaeyoung through other business contacts. So it was easy enough to strike up a friendship too.

 

“I’m sorry, but that was so bad , Joohyun. You should have seen his face after you told him off.”

 

“He probably thought I was going to sit there and take his judgments. I don’t think he’ll be a problem anymore.”

 

“He should be more worried you’ll fire his when you are the boss.”

 

Joohyun smiled. Being vengeful wasn’t really in her nature. She’d be more than happy to let him screw up on his own and get himself fired, since that would more than likely be the case.

 

“Thanks, Jennie. We’re just going to have to change this company from the inside one step at a time.”

 

“Sounds like a plan. Hey, what are you doing for lunch? I think we could use some fresh air and I’ll treat.”

 

“I’ll join you. But I hope you don’t mind if I order something light. My wife made lunch for me so..”

 

“Oh, did she. That’s so sweet. You know, I’d really like to meet your wife. The way you talk about her reminds me a lot of Chaeng.”

 

“I’d like for you to meet Seulgi. She doesn’t have the chance to meet many alpha friends so I think she’d get along well with Chaeyoung.” Joohyun knew that they would get along well because Chaeyoung was not the sort of person who cared about what you did for a living. She certainly wasn’t going to make Seulgi feel awful if she didn’t have the same amount of money either. And that’s what Joohyun wanted for her wife to have more chances to meet nicer people. 

 

“We’ll set something up, I can’t wait. Come on, let’s get out of here, Madame CEO.”

 

Joohyun laughs and shakes her head. “I’m not the CEO.”

 

“You will be.”

 

Being CEO is the last thing on her mind. Not when she has seemingly endless family issues all caused by her parents. She thanks Jennie anyway. Right now she’s going to need the small diversion that going outside for lunch will give her. Even if she’s most looking forward to being home with Seulgi.

 

The work day couldn’t end fast enough.


 

 


 


 

She was so excited to get home and see her alpha. By the time she left the office and was on her way. Joohyun hadn’t had the time to check her phone messages. If she were able to. Joohyun would have seen the texts that Seulgi sent telling her she’d be working tonight after all. The fact that it was so quiet and most of the lights were off in the house. It was clear that Seulgi had to go into work after all.

 

“Oh…” She looked at her phone and read the messages Seulgi left for her. As always her wife was thoughtful and sweet.

 

HoneySeul: Hi, Hyun. I will probably be gone by the time you’re home. Boss called and looks like I’m needed tonight after all. I love you and I should be back before morning. Don’t forget to eat dinner.

 

And of course there was dinner made for her wrapped up on the stove to keep warm and Joohyun could only think about how very lucky she was. Before she gets ready to eat she sends a quick message back to Seulgi. 


 

Normally, while she’s working Seulgi has her phone on vibrate since she never wants to not be reached in case Joohyun should need her. Besides, nothing much happens usually when you’re working security at night. Sometimes it's so dull she can catch a nap for a short while.

 

“Hey, Kang!” A taller brown-haired alpha waved to her, dressed in the same black and dark gray security officer’s uniform. “You’re earlier than me?”

 

“Hi, Sooyoung.” She greets her coworker with a warm smile. This job would be a lot more boring if she didn’t have a partner to pass the time with. Besides, she enjoys Sooyoung’s company because she’s someone she can relate to. Not someone born rich and entitled, but someone who had to work for a living, usually dead-end jobs she hated to get by. Sooyoung is also really easygoing and hilarious at the same time. 

 

“How’s it going? I feel like it’s been a long time since I’ve seen you.”

 

Before Seulgi can answer she feels her phone vibrating and takes a moment to see Joohyun’s message.

 

JoohyunnieWifey: I really wish I hadn’t missed you, baby. I’m going to eat all of this food you made for me, and please make sure you eat too. I love you too. 

 

Sooyoung took one look at the cheesy smile on her fellow alpha’s face. She recognized it for the only thing it could be. Seulgi had to be looking at a message from her wife. She waited until Seulgi wrote some possible cheesy reply back.

 

“How’s the wife, Seul?”

 

“Great. She’s amazing.” Joohyun was never the issue. Seulgi feels incredibly lucky to have her and will never regret being together. No matter how awful her wife’s parents choose to be. 

 

“You have to tell me what your secret was to landing a rich beautiful babe. I need someone to take me away from this life!” The dramatic way her friend says this and leans on the security officer’s desk has Seulgi laugh. 

 

“You should have gone into acting.”

 

“You know I already tried that. Seriously, I like your wife. She’s nice and very down to earth. Not like what I expected from someone as rich as her.”

 

When Seulgi first met Joohyun she didn’t know anything of who her family was or her true wealth. Sure she thought Joohyun was dressed nicely even for someone who came into the bar she worked in. But she didn’t assume anything about her personally, and Joohyun really seemed interested in getting to know her more than anything else.

 

“She’s not like her family. Well, her sister is pretty nice too. I don’t know what the hell happened with their parents.”

 

“They’re still acting like s?” Sooyoung reached down into her bag for two sodas and offered one to Seulgi. 

 

“Yeah, at this point I think it’s just fun for them trying to make me feel like I’m less than a human being.”

 

“You’re braver than me, Seulgi. I don’t think I’d be able to take that from them.”

 

“I love my wife, and it’s hardly her fault she has parents like them. Honestly, we barely see them these days unless it’s mandatory we show up.”

 

“Oh, like a summons from lord and lady .”

 

Seulgi ends up snorting out the orange soda she started drinking. This is why she enjoys Sooyoung’s company. The other alpha is hilarious and she needs that downtime with someone who understands. She, like Sooyoung never had anything simply handed to her like the Bae’s probably had. She also could never imagine treating people any differently just because of things like money and social status. To Seulgi people were people and should be treated as such.

 

“Yeah; it’s kind of like that.” Seulgi leans up against the desk and explains to Sooyoung what recently happened. And how her father-in-law asked to meet. Seulgi just didn’t know what he could want from her. 

 

“I say, don't go. If he wants to meet you alone there’s no telling what kind of he might try and pull.”

 

“He’s not going to be ignored. Sooner or later I’ll have to see what he wants.”

 

She knows the sort of person Joohyun’s father is. He won’t simply take no for an answer and he will expect to have a meeting because he asked for one. It might be better to get it over with. 

 

“Don’t let him push you around. Father-in-law or not. He has no right to treat you like trash because he wishes his daughter married someone rich.”

 

“Yeah, thanks, Sooyoung. I’ll keep that in mind. I’ll take the first shift if you want to go to the office and watch the security cameras or take a nap, whichever comes first?”

 

Typically nothing much happens here. Seulgi suspects it will be a slow night.

 

“Are you sure? I don’t mind the first shift.”

 

“I’m sure. I can use the exercise anyways.”

 

“Oh yeah, right. You’re in better shape than me. But thanks, Seulgi.”

 

Sooyoung did leave to head to the office and she sat down at the desk in the lobby. Maybe in a while she’d patrol the halls, but Seulgi knew she would have so much time to think. She tried to think hard about what she should do. She’d love it if she didn’t have to talk to her father-in-law at all. Something told Seulgi it would only be worse the longer she put it off. 

 

“After our anniversary.” The alpha tells herself. She doesn’t want anything getting in the way of her anniversary with Joohyun. Mr. Bae would just have to wait.

 


 

At home, Joohyun prepared for bed alone. She would have preferred to have her other half beside her tonight, but she knows Seulgi would have of course wanted the same thing. The omega knows it doesn’t make her alpha feel good to not have steady employment at the moment. She tried to reassure Seulgi that it didn’t matter because who said the alpha had to be the breadwinner. That was an old way of thinking and she didn’t mind supporting them financially for the time being. Seulgi explained to her she wasn’t embarrassed that Joohyun made more money by any means.

 

“I’m not one of those alpha’s that are control freaks and feel inferior if my omega makes more money than me. I think it’s y that you’re so focused on your career and work. I just don’t want to not contribute at all. It’s not easy to go from working steadily for so long to this. I hope you understand, Hyun. But I guess I don’t mind being a trophy wife for a while.”

 

She might have been lightly teasing but Seulgi wasn’t so insecure that Joohyun made more money. She would proudly announce that her wife was on her way to being CEO and there was never any shame. Seulgi being so proud of her and secure in her own self was very attractive to Joohyun. She also understood that need to contribute in some way, and for Seulgi to be doing something with her time. The only thing the omega wanted was for her wife to be happy doing things with her time.

 

It was one thing to work. But there was another thing: being mentally fulfilled and happy with that choice of work. She asked once before what Seulgi’s plans were. What kind of career would make her happy more than anything.

 

“It might not be possible but maybe running my own lounge one day. Or opening up my own dance studio. Something like that.”

 

Joohyun wanted to make those dreams come true, whatever they might be. It didn’t matter if Seulgi didn't make as much money. She would rather Seulgi be doing something she truly loved. It dawned on her what she could do for their anniversary. She could help her alpha start to realize those dreams. Whatever it took.

 

First, Joohyun knew she needed to handle this business with her parents. They would not be satisfied until she took the time to talk about the changes made. 

 

“Oh…” Joohyun notices who is calling her and it looks like she just found out too. 

 

“What the , Hyun!”

 

Yep. Yerim must have been told today too.

 

“You’re asking me? We knew there was a good chance they’d really disown me.”

 

“I didn’t think they’d actually do it. They can’t do that to you, Hyun. You’re the oldest.”

 

“They can do whatever they want. It’s their money and to be honest I don’t need it. I already told dad that I will not leave Seulgi so whatever games he’s playing. I want no part of it.”

 

“I don’t need their money either. It’s just not fair that they’d cut you out because you fell in love.” Her sister sighs on the phone. She hasn’t been able to stop thinking about everything since her mother dropped the news on her.

 

“It’s not exactly fair to you either. They’re unfairly putting a lot on you now.”

 

“Yeah, I was good being the unnoticed second born with no expectations. I’m not the first born heir material.”

 

“You just liked that you were able to get away with things.” As the older sister she says it affectionately.

 

“.” Yerim sighs. “You know they’d disown me too if Wan didn’t happen to be related to a rich family and her own money too. Let’s just be honest here.”

 

“I knew it! I knew you only wanted me for my money!” A dramatic shout is heard in the background and Joohyun has to listen to a cute and funny exchange between her sister and soon-to-be-sister-in-law.

 

“Oh no that’s not why I wanted you. I wanted you for your great !”

 

“You’d say such things in front of your sister!”

 

“Oh, Hyun. She doesn’t care. No one’s a bigger than her.”

 

“Hey! I am not!” 

 

She can hear the two of them laughing at her and obviously there will be more of that teasing to come now that Yerim had gone and got herself a partner to help.

 

“You’re just lucky my wife isn’t here to back me up. Anyway, Yerimie. I don’t think it’ll be as bad as you think. Mom and Dad are very happy about you being with Seungwan. At most they’re probably going to want you to attend more events and show up to more gatherings as a couple. Maybe take part in the business more.” She mentions all the things she expected to be doing as heir. Joohyun let go of those ideas a while back. She doesn’t want to be anywhere her wife isn’t welcome.

 

“That’s what I’m afraid of. I don’t want them to see me as some replacement just because they feel disappointed with you for some stupid reason. But I guess I am the spare.”

 

“Hey, no don’t say that.”

 

“It’s true though. They’d be screwed if I wasn’t born to have as their replacement heir. But, sis, believe me. I’m not going to leave you without anything. Whether you need the money or not. You are entitled to what they have, especially after all the they put you and Seulgi through.”

 

Joohyun knew Yerim would not leave her out. She is the only person she is close to in her family and they’ve always understood one another. It’s nice to hear Yerim reassure her though.

 

“Thanks, you brat.”

 

“You’re welcome, hag. Okay, I better go. Let me know when you and Seulgi are free to meet for dinner. Maybe over the weekend?”

 

“Yes, we’d like that. You just text me the time and place. We’ll be there.”

 

“Alright, bye, sis.”

 

The moment Yerim is off the phone she feels those warm arms around her. And the comforting vanilla-honey scent of her omega. Seungwan hated to hear how Yerim addressed herself, like she was worth nothing except to be a replacement for her older sister.

 

“You’re not just some spare shiny toy they can now focus on because they’re not happy with your sister, babe.”

 

She would be a mess without Seungwan. Somehow she always knew what to say and how to make her feel better. 

 

“I know, Wan. I know that logically but that’s how they’re going to treat me. It’s not like they didn’t give me all the same things Hyun had.  I wasn’t neglected or anything, but she was their firstborn and expected heir, so you know how that went.”

 

“Yea, I can imagine. Especially when your family puts such a heavy emphasis on money and status. Hey, it’s going to be okay. I’m with you and we’re going to get through it together.”

 

The alpha smiles softly and thanks her with a proper kiss on the lips. “I appreciate you not running off because of my parents.”

 

“It’ll take more than your parents to scare me off. Besides, have you seen this big ring!” She jokes again and Yerim lightly taps her arm.

 

“Oh yea. I’ve got something else big for you.” The innuendo isn’t lost on the omega and she squeals when her alpha picks her up suddenly and runs off toward the bedroom. This is what she had to look forward to for the rest of her life. Being with the woman she adored and nothing would get in the way of that. Especially not her fiancé’s parents. 

 

They would not have the power of them or their relationship.


 

 


 


 

With less than an hour to go before her shift ended, Seulgi could go home while the regular security staff took over the morning shift. The alpha saw her boss Mr. Seo enter the building and he looked stressed in a way she hadn’t really seen before.

 

“Is everything okay, Sir?”

 

He looked conflicted and Seulgi didn’t have a good feeling about this upcoming conversation.

 

“Kang. Let me start by saying you're a damn good worker, damn good. I’m sorry I won’t be able to give you those extra shifts you asked for.”

 

Oh, well that wasn’t so bad. Not really. Seulgi just knew there had to be more.

 

“That’s alright, Sir. Maybe next time?”

 

He takes a breath and Seulgi waits for it. He tells her that unfortunately he’s going to have to let her go, and thanks her for being a good worker. He wishes he could hire her full time, but at this point there’s not enough funds to keep up with the amount of people actually on staff.

 

“I like you, Kang. You’re a damn good security officer, but…”

 

“Did my father-in-law threaten you with something? Bae Byeongho.” She adds his name in. “It’s alright if you can’t talk about it much if he did. I understand.”

 

It’s the only thing that makes sense, because why would she be called into work without any problem only for it to end so abruptly. Mr. Seo looks hesitant to speak but when he apologizes to Seulgi. She has all the information she needs.


“I don’t want anyone to lose their livelihood or be threatened because my father-in-law is an .” Seulgi wants to be surprised that Mr. Bae is starting to retaliate in ways, because she hasn’t yet answered his summons. Why should it matter to him so much that he starts attacking her on a personal level.

 

“I’ll clear out my locker. Don’t worry, I won’t cause any further issues for you, Sir.”

 

“Kang.” Mr. Seo looks saddened. “I am really sorry, truly.”

 

Seulgi figures Mr. Bae must have threatened her boss with something major. She feels badly for him and knows she doesn’t want to make things worse for him, whatever his situation is. She quietly goes to her locker to retrieve her things even though Sooyoung wanted to ask. The other alpha could tell that Seulgi was not in any mood. 

 

“Hey, when you want to talk, I’ll be here. You’ll be alright, Seul.”

 

“Yeah, thanks, Sooyoung.”

 

By the time she finished gathering her things and heading outside to her car. The sun was almost up, and she wanted to be home before early morning. She wanted nothing more than to go home, wrap her arms around the woman she loves, and forget everything that just happened. At the same time, she is just so angry with Mr. Bae. Him getting her fired from her job is like a kid having a temper tantrum because he hasn’t yet got his way. 

 

“ing .” Seulgi sat down in her car for a moment. It’s not enough he wants to try and make her feel worthless every chance he can. Now he has to go after her sense of purpose too. All this because she loves his daughter with all of her heart. Seulgi didn’t know how long she sat there before driving off. As furious as she was, the alpha also felt so hopeless. She didn’t know what she was going to tell Joohyun when she got home.

 

“Now what am I going to do?”

 

A/n: If we made it through this chapter and not ready to scream at Mr. Bae, lol thank you! I will do my best to catch up with any writing I am behind it, I know in my case rushing will not help the chapters and they will be more unpleasant to read, but just know that I will do my best to catch up and truly thank you all for reading and your support as always.

 

Sponsor Mentions: Sincere Thank you to everyone :) tay_84, YANGx_, AliyaViktoria, Taeyang729, DTHDHR, User_name1200, pinkpinkypin, Androsssss, Mmm2392, sleepyhead, Informedpuppy, ericakate, LOCOppl, dmac20, j33200, Supergirl03, Redpaint, ainijt, jjlevi93, bbongdrr, Zesev7, Xoxosonegg, okay54321, seulseulseul, Mustafina, Rated_pg, dianafeng, Jiminiepabo707, macegraco, Taitai84, km3bty, isisswain56, itheartisti, baetokki9, Ginestroza2000, born10966, Cheorrybat, raej02, km62201n, KasierKawaii, mari102002, ultchae, omadiver, zezyul, jinja_ninja, wittyadie95, jasonds, falsuki, Fantasiii, Eris78, captainsnsd, theRequiem78, royalshipper2122, iamforeverlame, aya_aha98, s1786343, noob101, Lpoppp, Maria2308, ErisKeeyan