Chapter 1

Let's get your girl

When Jeongyeon, her dear friend and lawyer called Sana in her office she didn’t think much of it. They’d hang out all the time whenever Jeongyeon was free. But when Jeongyeon handed her an envelope it nearly gave Sana a heart attack.

“What the hell is this? Hundred thousand dollars? Are you kidding me?”

“I know but you were supposed to pay her monthly which you failed to do so now you gotta pay all at once”

“I think I am gonna die”

“At least you wouldn’t have to pay her monthly now”

“That’s not the point Jeongyeon.” Sana was nearly shouting now.

“I don’t even have enough money to pay for my utilities. My acting career is doomed as well. Where am I supposed to get a hundred thousand dollars from?”

 

~Flashbak~

 

“You’re married?” Sana’s producer asked her in a sharp tone.

“Yeah I have a wife, Momo. The one who came here the other day.”

“No no no this can’t happen. No one can know that you’re married. If anyone finds out the star of my movie is married it’s gonna flop for sure.”

“But sir- “

“No buts. From now you can’t be seen with your wife. You’re gonna move in the production’s house”

 

Sana was packing her stuff when Momo entered the apartment.

“Are we going somewhere?” Momo asked while hugging Sana from behind.

Sana turned around and kissed Momo on the forehead.

“Um not us but me. The producer said that people can’t know about me being married. So we’d have to live apart for a few months.”

Momo was still processing what was just said while Sana continued.

“This is my first movie Momoring, if this flops I am done for. It is for my future, our future. It’s just for a short period of time. We can do this right?”

After a beat Momo nodded her head slowly.

“Okay I’ll see you soon.”

Sana softly kissed Momo on the lips and left their apartment.

 

It was D-Day. Her first movie was finally going to release. She was standing outside the premiere hall, all smug waiting for fans to crowd her. But what happened was nothing like she expected. Only people’s disappointed faces were seen coming out of the hall. Her producer bashed her for wasting his money and Sana, she was shattered.

Her dream of becoming a superstar was combusting and right now she didn’t want anything more than to just go home and cry in Momo’s arms.

They haven’t been in contract for a few months as Sana was not allowed to have a personal phone due to PR reasons and the producer was really strict about her and Momo. But she trusted their relationship, she knew this was for their future so she kept working hard for the movie.

 

When Sana opened the door to their apartment, Momo wasn’t there. She searched all the rooms but Momo was nowhere to be found. She also tried calling her but nope nothing.

Did Momo just leave? No this can’t happen. Momo wouldn’t leave Sana. They are each others everything. Momo wouldn’t do anything like that.

 

Sana kept waiting. For days, for weeks, for months. She kept writing to Momo after she found out she had moved to New York, begging for her to come back. Momo didn’t write back, never. Until one day Sana did receive a letter. But it wasn’t a letter from Momo nope. It was divorce papers. And just like that Sana’s entire world shattered with just one piece of paper.

 

~End of Flashback~

 

They are at Sana’s house now with Sana pacing around the room and Jeongyeon sitting on the couch.

“How much can you get from selling this house?”

“This house isn’t even mine. I live here on rent and I don’t even have money to pay for that?”

Sana suddenly stopped in front of Jeongyeon and looked down at her.

“What?” Jeongyeon asked.

Sana knelt in front of her and asked, “How much would my kidney cost?”

Jeongyeon smacked her head and scolded, “Stop talking nonsense.”

“Then what am I supposed to do? I don’t even have any source of income but she does. She should be the one paying me”
“Well when you got divorced you were earning while Momo wasn’t so…”

“Ughhh this is so frustrating.” Sana stood up and pointed her finger at Jeongyeon. “And it’s all your fault.”

“What the hell did I do?” Jeongyeon asked in disbelief.

“If you hadn’t given me the stupid idea of running away with Momo, this would have never happened.”

“Well I didn’t know Momo would turn out be like this. She seemed like a nice girl and she made you happy”

“What am I supposed to do Jeongyeon? There’s no way in hell I could get a hundred thousand dollars”

“Well there’s only one thing we can do”

Sana’s ears perked up at that.

“What? What?”

“Pray to God”

“You’re ing useless”

 

 

One hour later Sana and Jeongyeon both were on their knees looking up at the stars and praying to god.

“God just help me through this please please please”

“God send us an angel to help us through this please please”

Just on cue as Jeongyeon said that the doorbell rang.

They opened the door and there stood a girl and they could practically see wings on her.

They were convinced that god had sent this angel for her.

“Hi” the girl said smiling.

“Hi” both Sana and Jeongyeon said together.

“Um Is Momo here?”

As soon as that name came out of that girl’s mouth Sana could see the wings disappearing.

“NO. She doesn’t live here.”

“But this says right here that this is her address” the girl said while handling Sana a piece of paper.

“Oh yeah she lived here but got divorced and moved out.”

The girls’ face fell flat at that.

“I knew she couldn’t live with that punk. I should’ve came earlier. Oh god how could my angel Momo survive with that monster” the girl mumbled to herself, entering the apartment.

“And who the hell are you?” Sana asked, turning the girl’s attention towards her.

“Oh sorry. I am Chou Tzuyu from NASA Houston, Texas” the girl said shaking Sana’s hand.

“And I am sorry for how I reacted earlier. I just got shocked hearing the news of Momo’s divorce. Anyways do you have her email or contract number or anything?”

“Nope nothing” Sana lied.

“Um how far did she move away?”

“New York”

“New York? Oh god this is terrible. I finally gathered some courage after seven years and she’s in New York? I am so stupid that I wanted to surprise her. I should’ve called her before coming here.” Tzuyu said taking a seat on the couch, still in shock.

“Superstar?” Jeongyeon called for Sana while Sana just hummed.

“I don’t think she’s an angel. It feels like she’s some kind of fraud”

“Hey” they both called for Tzuyu and she looked up.

“How do you know Momo?” Sana asked.

“Um who are you?” Tzuyu questioned back.

“My name is Minatozaki Sana— supeeerstarrrr” Sana said while taking a seat on the couch.

“So are you the new owner of this house?”

“Yes”

“But you’re questioning me like you know Momo really well. Like she’s your sister or something?”

“And you seem like you know Momo’s family really well” Jeongyeon said in between.

“No I don’t know Momo’s family well but I know Momo really well”

“Ohhh” Sana and Jeongyeon nodded.

“She was my girlfriend. She was my sweetheart”

“WHAT?” Sana was shocked from what she was hearing.

“But wasn’t Momo married to someone else?” Jeongyeon asked.

“What did I just tell you? She was my girlfriend but I was not her girlfriend.”

“Ohh” Jeongyeon and Sana just hummed.

“Actually Momo was supposed to marry me but she ruined her life by marrying that bastard.”

Sana was so close from losing her temper while Jeongyeon was trying to stop her. The girl oblivious to the situation continued.

“Have you seen her? She looked like King Kong. I knew Momo would never be happy with that gorilla. Like there’s no comparison between my sweet angel Momo and that hairy donkey”

From the looks of it, this girl probably knew who Momo was married to but didn’t know her name and couldn’t recognize Sana because of the change in her looks. Sana used to wear more hippy clothes, had messy long hair and always had a baseball cap or handkerchief wrapped around her head as she was in a band. But now her appearance has changed drastically.

“But you haven’t yet said how do you know Momo.” Jeonyeon asked trying to change the topic while holding Sana’s hands to stop her from doing something stupid.

“How do I know her?” The girl hummed while taking out a photograph from her bag.

“We used to study in the same college, she was the love of my life”

Sana snatched the photo and both her and Jeongyeon’s mouth dropped when they saw the picture.

The girl in picture wore big glasses and had rodent teeth with oily hair. She looked nothing like the girl in front of them.

“It’s the picture of me and Momo. I only have one copy so please be careful. It was the day I last saw her”

“And you said you were supposed to marry Momo? What is that about?” Jeongyeon asked out of curiosity while Sana was still staring at the picture, staring at Momo.

“Oh it’s a long story. It might take a long time.”

“Oh don’t worry about time. We got lots of time. Right Sana?” Jeongyeon asked while nudging Sana.

“Right” Sana gritted her teeth.

“It was the first day of college when I was just entering through the gate when a bike passed by me, almost hitting me. The girl who was sitting at the back got off and apologized. It was Momo, my Momo. When she got off that bike it was like I was in some sort of movie. I fell for her right then and there. It was love at first sight”

“Love at first sight my foot” Sana mumbled to herself as she started getting flashback too. She was the one who was riding that bike with Momo at the back that almost hit Tzuyu.

Oops

“What happened after that?” Jeongyeon questioned.

“Days started passing by, and we got closer and closer. It was like we were two pieces of a single puzzle. We sat next to each other in every class and one day…”

 

It was their physics class. Momo and Tzuyu were sitting next to each other when a girl signaled Tzuyu to call Momo.

“Um excuse me..” Tzuyu called for Momo.

“Who are you and what do you want?” Momo asked while blowing her bubblegum.

“Me Chou Tzuyu. I am your neighbor, I always sit next to you”

“Really? I don’t remember seeing you before”

“But I am always seeing you” Tzuyu mumbled to herself

“What was that?”

“Oh nothing. Your sister is calling you right there” Tzuyu said while pointing at the girl who was peeking through the window.

It was Sana.

Momo asked Tzuyu to help her get out of the class.

“No no no I can’t do that. That’s wrong”

Momo knew what she had to do.

She held Tzuyu’s hand and gave her puppy eyes which left Tzuyu giggling.

“Sir I have a question” Tzuyu called for the teacher’s attention.

The question she asked made the teacher to turn towards the blackboard. Momo grabbed the opportunity and got out of the class.

When Momo was getting out of the class her stuff fell down. Tzuyu picked it up to give it to Momo but it looked like Tzuyu was getting out of the class.

“CHOU TZUYU WHAT ARE YOU DOING?” Their teacher shouted.

Oops

 

“Hey baby” Sana hugged Momo and gave her a peck on the lips. “I am performing at your college tomorrow”

“That’s awesome babe”

“So who’re you coming with?”

“I’ve to come with someone right?”
“Bull. You know how I am. You know I can’t see you with other people”

“Sana please babe. It’s a rock concert, how can I come alone?”

Sana still didn’t look convinced so Momo thought of an idea.

“Baby please don’t be jealous. Okay how about this, I’d come with whoever you choose.”

Sana thought for it a moment and pointed at Tzuyu who was still being scolded by the teacher inside the class.

“No no no. Please no baby” Momo started whining.

“Yes yes yes. This nerdy has already gotten a lot of scolding because of you. I’ve no problem with her so come with her okay? No one else.”

“Okay whatever you want”

 

Tzuyu was crying at the stairs where Momo spotted her.

“Hey nerdy” she said and sat beside her.

“Oh no nerdy, are you crying?”

“No no just something went inside my eyes” Tzuyu replied while wiping her tears.

“I am so sorry nerdy that you got in trouble because of me”
“Oh please don’t say sorry. We’re friends and friends help each other”
“Oh nerdy you’re so sweet” Momo said while hugging Tzuyu’s shoulder which made her giggle again.

“Please don’t cry. Okay how about this? Do you want to be my date for a rock concert?”

Thousands of butterflies erupted inside Tzuyu’s stomach when Momo said this. This was going to be the best day of her life.

 

“Nerdy you’re late” Momo scolded Tzuyu when she finally spotted her.

“I am sorry. I actually went to buy new suit for this. How is it?” Tzuyu asked while pointing at her colorful purple suit with flowers.

“Wow” Momo replied while not even looking at her.

“But you didn’t even look at…”
“Oh shoot the concert is starting come on come on let’s go” Momo pulled Tzuyu inside the venue.

 

It was honestly great. Getting to dance with Momo, seeing her so happy made Tzuyu happy as well. As she was hoping it was turning out to be the best night of her life until… someone took Momo away..they just took her away..

Sana grabbed Momo and pulled her up the stage. They were dancing happily like a couple, close and kissing and all that. Tzuyu could literally feel her heart breaking. The girl that had made her so giddy and happy was in someone else’s arm and she looked so so happy.

She thought she and Momo had something.

Was it just her imagination?

Tears started b in her eyes until she was full on sobbing.

Nope this isn’t the best day of her life..

 

 

“This emotional story made my eyes teary and my throat dry. I’ll get some tea. Do you want anything nerdy? I mean Tzuyu?” Jeongyeon said while pretending to wipe her tears while Sana was just sitting there with no expression.

“Just Bournvita please”

“Okay” Jeongyeon stood up while signaling Sana to follow her.

 

“Are you searching for the recipe to make Bournvita?” Sana asked when she saw Jeongyeon going through a book.

Jeongyeon shut her up with a kick.

“Found it” Jeongyeon exclaimed and started dancing. Sana joined her without even knowing what was going on.

“What did you find? Hundred thousand dollars?”
“Not exactly that but an idea that can save those hundred thousand dollars”

“How?”

“According to this article you wouldn’t have to pay any money to Momo if she gets re-married”

Sana’s eyes widened at the realization.

“So youre trying to say that we should let Momo marry this nerd and save ourselves from paying that hundred thousand dollars?”
“You’re right superstar”

“No Jeong. I am not going to follow-up through your stupid plans again”

“Alright then. I was just trying to help you as your friend and lawyer. But your life, your choice.”

Sana started scratching her head trying to come up with an answer.

“Is there no other way Jeong?”

“Nope…so what do you say?”

“What do you say?”

“I think that our Momo would not get a better girl like this. We should fix a date and get them married soon”

“And I was thinking that we should ask for Momo’s preference once”

They both started giggling like teenagers at their horrendous plan.

 

 

“Here take your Borunvita” Jeongyeon said while offering Tzuyu the glass.
“Thank you” Tzuyu replied and accepted the glass.

“So Tzuyu, what are you thinking of doing next?”

“Nothing. I am thinking of going back home but I am worried about Momo. I am worried about the condition she is in you know”

“Yeah yeah I know. But I think whatever happens in life happens for a reason. If Momo wasn’t divorced you’d be having this Bournvita with her and her wife right now, not me and Sana.”
Sana was just humming and agreeing with whatever Jeongyeon was saying.

“What are you trying to say Ms. Jeongyeon?” Tzuyu asked as she was left confused.

“She isn’t understanding” Sana sighed.

“Okay let me explain. You’re having this Bournvita with us because Momo and her wife are separated.”

Wait a second. Are you telling me about Momo or Bournvita?”

“Oh god” Both Sana and Jeongyeon sighed.

“Okay let me explain again. Momo is divorced. That means she doesn’t live with her wife anymore. That means she is single again. And you came here after seven years from so far, why?”

“To drink Bournvita?”

“Oh dear lord..” Jeongyeon was this close from losing her .

“You’re not here to drink Bournvita. You’re here because you belong with Momo and Momo belongs with you”

“You guys are made for each other” Sana said to add more weight on the statement.

“Really?”

“DUH” Sana and Jeongyeon said in unison.

“Is she really mine?”

“Of course she’s yours. If she wasn’t then why’d she be divorced? And why’d you come here after seven years?”

“Yeah yeah you’re destined to be together”

“Yeah that makes sense”

Jeongyeon took out a paper from her pocket and handed it to Tzuyu.

“This is her address in New York which she’d given to pass any letters that may come. Now you go and book a flight to New York and get the girl dude.”
“Yeah go get your girl dude”

Tzuyu started giggling like a fool while Sana and Jeongyeon were laughing like evils.

“But wait a minute. What am I supposed to do there?”

“You’re supposed to meet her, make her fall in love with you and marry her. Simple. Isn’t that what you want?”

“Of of course it is. Thank you so much Sana and Jeongyeon. I owe you big one, a big one”

Tzuyu left the apartment still giddy with happiness. Finally she was going to get the girl of her dreams after seven long years.

 

“Jeongie?”
“Yeah?”
“Do you really think that this nerd will be able to make Momo fall in love with her?”

“This nerd? There’s no chance. You’d have to do it for her buddy”

“But Jeongie how’ll I go to New York?”

Jeongyeon took out a bunch of cash and handed it over to Sana.

“This is my lifetime saving. I saved it for my wedding which I never got to do. At least it’ll be useful for your divorce buddy”

“Thank you Jeongie. I promise that after my divorce I’ll make sure you get married” Sana said while hugging Jeongyeon.

 

Tzuyu was just nervously sitting on her plane seat when she realized who was sitting beside her.

It was Sana.

Sana had made sure that her seat is next to Tzuyu.

“Sana?” Tzuyu’s eyes widened.

Sana squinted her eyes pretending to not recognize Tzuyu.

“Me Tzuyu. Chou Tzuyu…nerdy…”
“Oh yes Momo’s lover huh?”
Tzuyu started giggling at that.

“So you took our advice huh. Going to New York?”
“Uh yes.. and what about you? Where’re you up to?”

“I am going to chichachu”
“Huh? Chichachu? Where’s that?”

“Just there. I’ll get down at next stop”

“Ehh stop dude..” Tzuyu laughed awkwardly.
“Where’s this flight going? New York right? So there’s where I am going”
“Oh yeah right..um sorry”

To say Tzuyu was an awkward person is an understatement. Sana was glad that she made the decision to help her court Momo.

 

“Excuse me. Could I get a hot chocolate please. I need to relax before taking off” Tzuyu asked the flight attendant.

“Sorry Ma’am there’s no service before take off”

“Oh alright. It’s okay.”
“Excuse me dear I can’t find my…” Sana started fiddling in her seat pretending not to have found her seat belt.

“Hey it’s right here” Tzuyu tried to help but Sana slapped her hand away.

The flight attendant bent to help her.
“Thank you my love.. you smell great by the way.” Sana said with a smirk which made the other girl blush.

The girl got up after helping Sana.

“Thank you dear and could I get apple juice and wine please?”

“There’s no service before take off but I’ll see what I can do”

“Oh and hot chocolate for my friend over here please”
“Sure” the girl replied and left.

“Wowww. How can you do it? How can you do all these things?” Tzuyu was so amazed with the interaction that happened before her, how easily Sana manipulated that flight attendant.

“Do what?”

“That. Talking to girls you know. If I was like you I’d be with Momo right now but I just can’t talk to girls. I am such a potato. I wish I was like you dude ”

“Oh this just my luck. I was born with it. There’s nothing I can do about that”

“I am so nervous just thinking about what I’ll do when I see Momo tomorrow. I don’t even know what she likes and dislikes. I just hope I don’t make a fool of myself”

“I think God has sent me to help you. We’re on the same flight going to New York and not only that we’re sitting next to each other. So I promise to help you out.”

“Really? You’d do that?”
“Yes I promise that until I help you through this Momo problem I won’t book a flight back to Seoul”

 

This was going to be a long long journey….

Note: I don't know about laws and stuff so please ignore that...

inspired from the movie jaan-e-mann