Part 1 of 2

Lowkey
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“What would you do if I tell you that I slept with Jennie?”

Irene immediately eyed her friend, sending daggers at her. “I would kill you.”

Seulgi nervously gulped. “Okay, it’s not that I did it with her or anything,” she tried to act nonchalantly, whistling in the process as she jumped on the bed.

Well, she and Jennie didn’t sleep together but they did make out last night in Jackson Wang’s party. Irene wasn’t able to attend since she has org duties. They were all drunk. Joy and Jisoo decided to play cupid since Jennie and Lisa broke up again and Seulgi (who’s currently in love with her straight best friend, Irene) was a little heartbroken when she found out that Irene’s boyfriend, Bogum, is in town.

So why would Irene kill Seulgi if they slept together? think of it as a best friend kind of thing. Irene doesn’t like it when her friends get involved with each other because obviously enough, friendships will also be broken when the two would break up. That was what happened when Joy and Wendy broke up. The group of five was now divided into two. Joy, Seulgi, and Yeri while Wendy and Irene decided to stick together. But at the end of the day, it’s always been Seulgi and Irene (since they were roommates ever since they started college)

“What happened at the party last night? I saw the ig stories online and it was wild,” Irene asked, sitting comfortably on her computer chair. Her face mimicked like those of porcelain dolls, pale and beautiful as if she hasn’t experienced having pimples and acnes.

“Meh,” Seulgi shrugged, “It was fun. I mean, Jackson and the boys were really wild but that was just it. since you know,” she paused, “they’re boys. Yeri’s close with everyone and she’s probably one of the reason why the party was lit.”

“You didn’t answer my question.”

“It was fine. I was with Jennie and her friends all night.”

Irene nodded her head in understanding. “Nothing interesting happened?” she pressed. Seulgi gulped. She doesn’t know why she can’t tell Irene that she made out with Jennie. A part of her wants to tell her to see her reaction but the other part of her is afraid of the outcome. It would hurt like a beeeech if Irene would not care.

“None, ma’am.”

“Okay then. What do you want for dinner?”

Seulgi shifted on the bed. “You’re not gonna meet your boyfriend?”

“We broke up.”

The younger woman’s eyes widened. “What? What happened?”

Irene shrugged her shoulders. “Nothing reallly happened. I guess I fell out of love? Yeah, I guess that’s it.”

“That’s, that’s weird… and scary, people actually do fall out of love, huh.” She muttered under her breath, Irene smiled at her. “Yes, Seulgi. People fall out of love sometimes. That’s normal.”

Seulgi sat up, “Which is why it’s scary.” she opened her phone when she felt it vibrate, it was a text from Jennie.

From: Jennie

Yah, did u tell irene?

“Seulgi,” Irene called the younger woman, Seulgi, whose eyes are still glued on her phone answered, “Yes?”

To: Jennie

Can we just keep it as secret? I don’t wanna tell her

“If you fall in love with someone, tell me.”

The statement made Seulgi divert her attention from her phone to the older woman. “Uh—of course. What’s with the sudden interest in my love life?”

Her phone vibrated again.

From: Jennie

Good. meet me later at the playground near your building. Alone. 11 pm

Seulgi raised an eyebrow.

To: Jennie

What for?

There was a reply immediately.

From: Jennie

Just do it. see u l8er

“Yah, are you listening?!”

Irene was only a meter away from Seulgi when she realized that she hasn’t been listening to what Irene has been saying.

“Sorry, ‘rene. What is it again?” she  lets go of her phone as she clasped her hands together, showing Irene that her attention is solely hers at the moment.

Irene raised an eyebrow, “Who were you texting? You seem nervous.”

.

“No one. So—you were saying?” she pocketed her phone and promised Irene to focus her attention back to her. Satisfied with this, Irene started talking about how it was normal to people to fall out of love.

“Is it possible for people to fall out of love since they fell in love with someone new?” Seulgi innocently asked. Irene seems to be invested with the topic. The question probably took Irene off-guard since she paused to bite her lip, pondering at the question.

“Yes, I guess that happens too.” Irene breathed, “Like what happened to Lisa and Jennie.”

Seulgi shifted uncomfortably, “I think they’re gonna get back together.”

“I don’t think so.” Irene rebutted, “Naeyeon saw Jennie made out with someone last night. She can’t see who it was since it was really dark. They were pretty discreet since they kissed near the tree house. It was really dark.”

Seulgi bobbed her head nervously, . “Re-really? I didn’t see her sneak out last night, weird. But—is that enough basis for them not having a comeback?”

Irene decided to lay next to Seulgi, “I think so. You know how faithful Jennie is to Lisa. Whenever they break up Jennie would never touch someone so-I I geuss that’s it for them.”

“Right,” Seulgi ran a hand on her hair.

“So what will we be having for dinner?”

 

Seulgi saw Jennie sitting alone in the swing.

“Penny for your thoughts?” Seulgi greeted the older woman with a smile, “Make it a dollar and I’ll make it worth your while.”

Seulgi laughed, proceeding to sit next to her since there were two swings.

“How are you? I heard that it’s serious this time.” Seulgi started, Jennie hummed. “I guess so. She didn’t reach out to me like she always does. She probably knows that I made out with someone.”

“Irene told me that Naeyeon saw us—but it was only you that she recognized. I guess that’s where it came from.”

Jennie shook her head, “We made out in their spot,” she chuckled darkly, “Jeongyeon was the one who told Lisa. I know since Naeyeon was the one who spilled the tea on our group chat, confronting me about it.”

“I’m sorry. Are you okay?” Seulgi reached out to hold Jennie’s clasped hands. “Is there anything that I can do to make you feel better? Are you hungry? Do you need a drink?”

Jennie shook her head. “I’m fine. There’s no need for you to apologize, Seulgi. I was the one who initiated it. We were drunk.”

“Still, I kissed you back knowing that Lisa is my friend—Irene too.”

Jennie sighed. “It’ll die down eventually, stay strong for the meantime, okay?” she faced Seulgi and in that moment, all Seulgi could feel was pity.

“Come here,” Seulgi stands up and offers her arms which Jennie immediately accepted. They hugged for a moment or two when it started rainining. No one moved- they remained in that position when Jennie looked up at saw that Seulgi was looking at her.

Neither of them knew what hit them but they kissed—like how they did yesterday—but this time, there were no alcohol involved—just comfort in each other’s warmth.

 

“What were you doing last night?” Irene raised an eyebrow at her. “You went home soaking wet and now you have a fever.” Irene rolled her eyes at her she placed her palm on Seulgi’s temple and compared it with hers. “I guess I have to skip my classes for today,” she muttered under her breath.

Seulgi shook her head, gently removing Irene’s palm on her forehead, “No need. Jeongyeon and the others called me earlier, they’ll be coming over.”

Irene nodded her head, her phon

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter