*-*

it's over
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

"Jihyo-ssi, Jongkook found you very cute just now." Jaesuk randomly said. Both Jihyo and Jongkook were flustered. 

Jongkook denied but Jihyo knew that this would be fun for the show so she rode Jaesuk's skit, "Am I really that cute to you?"

Jongkook was flustered, both by Jaesuk and Jihyo's initiation. Jihyo smiled awkwardly and looked at her Jaesuk-oppa. Jaesuk has inferred a long time ago that Jongkook might also have feelings for Jihyo, after seeing how he treats Jihyo different from other women that he worked with. He would not tease them oncam if he knew that they were not good match.

"Oppa, should we stop this loveline thingy?" Jihyo asked one time when they were waiting to start filming.

"Why? You hate it?" 

"I just thought... you might be uncomfortable with it."

"Are you?" Jongkook asked her back. They were sitting side by side but Jongkook made an effort to see her eyes.

"No, oppa. It is fun for me, I think. It is good for the show but with how you react... I just thought maybe you are bothered with it." Jihyo can't help to explain. She enjoys teasing her oppa with it but with Jongkook's consistent indifference and aggressiveness about it, she doubts if he would like to continue it. It could be that he want to portray such character but Jihyo knows that Jongkook hates faking himself even oncam. He does not like artificial things and this loveline could probably be one of it. It has been sailing for the past weeks and she don't know if her oppa is comfortable with the idea of it.

"I'm not. I am fine with it. Our viewers like it too." He nonchalantly said. He did not like it. He hated how they teased them and how Jihyo would play along with it. It affects him in a way he cannot admit to himself. 

Jihyo is used to this lovelines, he pondered. She has been in one for several years and she is very professional. However, Jongkook knows he is not like that. 

"Jaesuk oppa loves it most." Jihyo said and laughed. Jongkook agreed.

"And I seriously hate it when he enjoys himself with this. Tss, as if there's a chance for his fantasies" he added. Jihyo looked away and faked a laugh.

Everyone cheered for them. And when their so-called loveline on the show seemed to have reached its peek, things got awkward between them.

With all the comments and antics that both fans and members initiate, both have become distant to each other. It seems like they were overwhelmed and got conscious of their interactions. Everyone in the filming noticed it which made Jaesuk temporarily stop his antics about the loveline.

However, Jaesuk was smart enough to understand that a sudden change in the two and his enthusiasm for them would mean issues. Fans overthink everything and they cannot just stop what he initiated by himself.

Jihyo was bothered by it too. She have adored Jongkook ever since. His discipline, sense of responsibility, his overprotectiveness... Those are the things that attracted Jihyo to Jongkook. They also share a unique bond and compatibility with each other. She have long acknowledged that maybe she liked him. Jihyo felt it very special that she can be herself with Jongkook and now that something is changing between them, she cannot help but be worried on how it would affect their friendship.

Now, Jihyo tries to remedy this awkwardness by implying that everything is just for a fun show. She knew that something between them had become different. She was just not certain if Jongkook was able to grasp her feelings for him or if he has been affected by it. It confused her so much.

Jongkook, on the other hand, is lost. After years of working together, both has established the family-like bond that they have for each other. They have publicly said for many times that there's no chance of a romantic relationship between them despite the high demand of public for romance between them. Jongkook was certain that he should never let himself be attracted to her. However, he knows that there is still a 'what-if' on the back of his head that he is not letting out. He cannot admit that no other women clicked with him other than Jihyo, which was probably the reason he cannot make himself get married.

Somin: Jihyo-unnie finished her quarantine. She's here!

Somin was in the hospital because of her foot injury and Jihyo was bored so she went out to her. Somin sent a selfie of them. After reading Somin's text on their group chat, Jongkook decided to visit her. It's been a while since he had seen Jihyo. He pondered for a while if going there would be weird. He reasoned out to himself that he's bored and he could give some advice to Somin about her condition. It was a nearby hospital and he had no schedule other than his gym activities. 

Jongkook: I don't have a schedule and I'm bored. I'll visit you too.

Somin knew why Jongkook will come. They had been obvious but both seemed oblivious of their feelings for each other. She sighed and told her unnie, "Jongkook oppa will come. I sent our selca on our group chat and he decided to come."

"Really? That's good..." Jihyo uttered. Somin observed Jihyo's reaction. It seemed to her that both of them really like each other but none of them was brave enough to initiate its progress romantically. Probably, for fearing for the fall of their friendship and the uncertainties that come with it.

Somin did not mention any of her thoughts to Jihyo. She continued their talk about other stuffs. Jihyo, on the other hand, cannot focus. She cannot help but wait for him to arrive. It has been a while since she have seen him.

When Jongkook arrive, everything went casually. Jongkook, as a health enthusiast, talked a lot about Somin's injury and he had given her some tips for recovery. It was a fun talk, overall.

When both of them decided to leave, they bid their farewell. Jihyo and Jongkook walked out of the hospital together.

"Do you have a schedule after this?" Jongkook asked after contemplating. He unconsciously wanted to spend more time with Jihyo. This was just a friendly gesture, he convinced himself.

"I don't have anything scheduled after, oppa. Why?" Jihyo asked

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter