1/1

water and fire.
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

There are burnt remnants on the floor. Again. The rage inside of Junmyeon triples. It goes over the limit until globs of water float in the air from wherever it flows, from the vase, the pots.

Even his opened water bottle.

The chimes of the bells wash the burning anger in an instant. A customer has stepped into his shop. Exhaling slowly, he heads towards the front. He will return to inspect his poor burnt flowers later.

Junmyeon owns a flower boutique that has been running for almost five years. He chose a vacant corner shop lot in Myeongdong which was smaller before. By the end of the month, he earns just enough to pay the rent and utilities for his shop but Junmyeon does not mind.

His deceased parents have left a fortune for him so he decided to open a small business rather than finishing up what his parents have saved up.

Several regulars love the flowers from his store and it boosts Junmyeon's pride. He loves his flowers. For him, they are his babies.

He brags about how beautiful they are to his regular customers, even to his neighboring bakery store during breaks. Sometimes he talks to the flowers when he is alone, gushing on how pretty they are.

The most favorite part of his day is watering them. Junmyeon needs to temporarily close the shop during breaks so that no one gets to know the secret to his long-lasting fresh flowers.

Since he wields water, the job is easy.

He can sense which soil is drying up. With a wave of his hands here and there, water will flow out from the buckets he had prepared beforehand, sprinkling over the flowers, some directly to the soil. After he is done, the flower boutique resumes its business.

There has been a peculiar customer coming into the store and the person always leaves empty-handed. It has Junmyeon wondering; are the varieties of flowers in his shop not enough to catch that customer's attention?

The man is tall and his hands are always gloved.

Other than that, the male looks good too. Junmyeon attempted to converse with the man but before he could, the customer never fails to bolt out of the shop.

"Hi, Mr Kim! I'm looking for something to give for my sister's baby shower. Can you list down three of them?"

Junmyeon nods with a smile before showing her the pictures of the suitable flowers. After much pondering, she ends up choosing all three of them as a bouquet. "I'll give you a call after I'm done, Miss Jung," Junmyeon gives a bow, having a smile on his face.

The woman has a faint flush on her cheeks due to the charming owner, "Thank you, Mr Kim." Junmyeon is about to head back to examine the burnt flowers but another customer has arrived.

Oh, well. Might as well check it later, then.

+++

Chanyeol has a big fat crush on the cutest-looking florist he had laid his eyes on. He has been going in and out of the store in hopes of asking the latter out by giving him a flower from the store.

He fails every time.

Whenever he chooses a flower with his bare fingers, due to extreme nervousness, the flowers always get burnt.

Oops. That is supposed to be a super secret of his.

Chanyeol can conjure fire. The thing is, he does not have a good grip on his powers, especially during extreme situations.

Gloves are his best friend, though there have been countless times they have been burnt. He has boxes of gloves at home in case the convenience store runs out of them.

Today, he is determined to confess to his crush. "I can do this." Those words keep ringing in his head until he exits the bus. It is a ten-minute walk to the flower boutique from the bus stop.

Adjusting the bill of the cap on his dark brown hair, the familiar signboard of the flower shop enters his vision. As he wonders about the color of the florist's sweater vest he has on today, his heart hammers inside his chest at the mere thought of meeting the owner.

Chanyeol exh

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter