uno

Glimpse of Us

The night was still young when Minjeong entered a bar. Her hands are tucked inside her pockets due to the cold weather. She just moved into an apartment a few blocks away from this bar 

"Scotch, neat." She said as she sat on the stool by the counter. Her gaze roamed around. 

"Here you go," the bartender said and handed the girl a glass of alcohol. 

Napatingin sya sa stage ng biglang may tumugtog ng drums. She cannot see the band clearly because of the crowd and dim lights. They started playing In the End by Linkin Park. The vocalist of the band is a good singer, a very good one.

She remembered living in this small town. Wakefield. She enjoyed her time living in this town, but she had to move with her family. 

She went back. After graduating college and earned enough to build her own studio, she went back. She wants her first love back. Matagal na rin simula ng huli nilang pagkikita. Hindi sya sigurado kung nandito pa rin si Jimin. 

"Are you new here?" Napatingin si Minjeong sa babaeng nagsalita sa gilid nya. The girl looks new, at least, she did not know her. Minjeong hummed and shook her head politely.

"It's complicated," sagot nya. She offered the stranger a drink, which the girl accepted gratefully. Nakatabi pa rin sakanya ang babae, both of them looking at the stage. 

"That's Querencia. I am their manager, Aeri," the woman introduced. She offered a handshake. 

"I'm Minjeong." Sabi nya at ngumiti.

"What do you do for a living?" Aeri asked. Minjeong is a professional photographer.

"Uhm, I am a Photographer, actually. If you and your band are interested, I have a studio in town. I'll give you a discount," the taller girl said and smiled. Aeri, the band manager nodded her head with a sly grin.

"Well, I might need your calling card, then." Kinuha ni Minjeong ang calling card nya sa wallet nya at iniabot kay Aeri. The latter inspected her calling card while biting her lower lip. 

"The drummer is good," Aeri looked at Minjeong with a raised brow. The slightly taller girl is so random.

"You know how to play?" Tanong nya. 

"Hindi. I had a friend who plays lang. She is the best drummer I have ever seen," Minjeong proudly said. Aeri smirked.

"Well, my drummer is a lot better. Pakilala kita mamaya, if you'd like. You need to have friends in this small town," hinila sya ni Aeri patayo at papalapit sa stage. Ngayon nya lang napansin na may 3 lalaki at 3 babae pala sa stage. Minjeong was pulled the backstage before she could even have the chance to take a glimpse on the band members.

Aeri and her stayed backstage. 

"Thanks y'all! See you next week!" Rinig nilang paalam ng vocalists. 

Tumunog ang phone ni Minjeong. She checked it while Aeri hugged every member of the band.

"By the way! I have a new friend. She's kinda new, kinda not, anyways," tinapik ni Aeri ang balikat ni Minjeong. The latter looked up and finally saw the band. 

"MINJEONG?!" Sabay-sabay nilang sabi. They run towards her and hugged her tightly. Nakakunot ang noo ni Aeri habang nakatingin sakanila. 

"You all knew each other?" Aeri asked. Minjeong smiled.

"We were friends before I left Wakefield." Sabi nya. No wonder everything is familiar. 

Napatingin si Minjeong kay Jimin. 

Jimin is the drummer. She sings, pero she prefers to play drums. She is Minjeong's first love. She looks more gorgeous. May mga tattoo na ang arm nya. 

"Jimin," bulong ni Minjeong. The older girl heard it and smiled at her. 

"Long time no see, Min." She said.

"Anyway Minjeong, this is Querencia," Aeri said. 

"You guys did well. I enjoyed the show." Sabi ni Minjeong.

"Nahihiya ka ba, Minjeong? Kami lang to oh!" Sabi ni Mark at nagbody roll pa sa harapan nya. 

"Iinom mo na lang yan!" Yujin said. Hinila nila si Minjeong papunta sa usual table ng banda nila. 

"Kamusta pre?" Tanong ni Chenle at siniko si Minjeong. The latter grimaced.

"Life is not too easy, that I can say." 

"Ikaw ha! Sasagutin ka na sana ni Jimin pero bigla kang lumipat," sabi ni Yizhou. She is the vocalist of the band. No wonder the vocalist is good. 

"You idiot," Jimin mumbled and scoffed. Napatingin naman si Minjeong kay Jimin.They had a past together. Label na lang ang kulang nila. They acted like a lovesick couple. And before she can even pop out the question, they had to leave. 

"For sure naman may jowa na yang si Minjeong." Sabi ni Haechan at itinuro si Minjeong gamit ang nguso nya. 

Minjeong shook her head.

"Wala naman. Why? May jowa na ba si Yuji?" She asked. She felt a lot of things when Yuji left . It has been a while since she spoke that word aloud. 

"Uhm," Aeri looked around. It is awkward. Hindi naman nya alam na ito yung Minjeong na laging kinukwento ni Jimin sa banda. 

"I go by my stage name now." Sabi ni Jimin kay Minjeong. The younger girl raised a brow curiously. 

"A stage name? I thought you hated that stuff." The others shut their mouths, trying hard not to leave them alone.

"A lot has changed since you left, Minjeong."