My Wheein

The Way I See Her

The moment she took me home, I knew I loved her. How could anyone be in the same room as Jung Wheein and not love her even a little bit?. I was treated like her favourite child from day one, my own bed, food ready whenever I asked and all the love she could give me. At first I tended to hide away from her affection, but with time, my confidence grew and she herself became warmer. When I slept, she never disturbed me, when she slept, I wanted to be close to her. We were a duo, we are a duo, unbreakable and together forever. I've told her so many times how I feel but she never hears me, she tells me the same and my heart melts every time. If I need help, she takes time to find out how she can help and when she needs me I am her sole comfort. People come and go, she sees them in dribs and drabs, in the apartment, at work or on the street. They spend all their time talking to her and a few seconds with me but that's how I like it. I'm not here to take the attention, her loveliness should be shared and when her best friend is around I give her the room. Hyejin has been with her longer than I have and I know that when i'm not here, she will be. I will spend my life with my Wheein and she in turn will spend hers with me, we're not perfect but we don't need to be. We just are. 

Sometimes I feel like a burden, getting under her feet, she shouts in frustration and I cower at the soundbut I know that in a few seconds I will be forgiven for my mistakes and she will love me again. If she leaves for too long, I wonder if she found someone better than me, if I can't see her from the window when she says she'll be 'right back', then she must have left me for someone new. Her kisses on my cheek are soft and I close my eyes to remember then, her hugs are just the right tightness, enough to convey her feelings but just short of smothering me. I sometimes lay my head on her lap and look up into her beautiful face, her eyes glistening in the reflected light of the tv, she looks down and my heart skips a beat. I sit patiently, watching the door every time she goes and I step to her when she returns, she must feel the love because she smiles every time when she sees me there. Others come, others go, all making her laugh, all tolerating my presence but never spending time on me, I feel so bitter towards them. I skulk around the apartment for long periods of time and plan their demise, see them in my mind as play things for bigger and scarier people. I find a secluded space and nestle myself into it, I want to hide away, let this anger dissipate. The door closes and I close my eyes, her hand reaches into the space around me and I feel her touch my head, she uses her most loving voice and seduces me from my slumber. When our eyes meet once again, she is smiling as widely as ever and I exclaim to see her so happy, it's like her emotions permeate the room and I am engulfed within them. Within seconds, i am embraced by her and I can relax, the heavy feeling from moments ago has gone and I am content in her arms.

The day she adopted me, was the day I started to live. It was the day I knew that I loved Jung Wheein. My name, is Jung Ggomo. Thank you for listening.