Unexpected Guest

Booze Up!
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The throngs of people grinds on the dance floor, the blaring music piercing through Irene’s eardrums. She groans in discomfort and covers her ears, treading along with gloom as sweaty bodies grazes her shoulders. Her eyes scanning a certain group of people, mainly the friendly brunette who invited her. She shouldn’t be here in the first place, only coming along as Wendy used her puppy eyes unfairly. She would've flat out rejected the invite, not when Wendy glided her hands way into Irene's own. It strung her heart, as she slipped a small yes.

 

A slender hand snakes her waist, making her way back to reality. Her eyes ready to give a glare and swat whoever had the audacity to touch her. However, her countenance immediately changes, meeting those hazelnut eyes that made her come in this least liked place on her list. She sighs and pinches her nose as she wafts a good hold of Wendy’s inebriated state.

 

“I’ve been waiting for you, Irene,” she says, far too closely to Irene's liking. Her cheeks warming with Wendy's close proximity. Those same hand from her waist maneuvers swiftly on her palms, dragging her away from the crowd.

 

Wendy dragged her in the kitchen, handing her a red cup with a silly grin. 

 

“Wen, you are aware that I don’t drink, are you not?” Irene pinches her nose again with a faint shake of her head.

 

The brunette shrugs, setting aside the cup on the ceramic counter. She pulls on a high stool, opting for Irene to sit on it. “I know, but there’s no harm in trying, right?”

 

Irene sits on it, the other girl rummaging through the refrigerator for something. Wendy pulls out a sparkling water, handing it over to Irene. “Best alternative, non-alcoholic.”

 

“Thank you.” She grabs on the beverage, opting to drink it after the hotness of the crowd and Wendy's attire that she finally fully had a look at. Wendy wore a black crop top, a

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter