Place to Stay

My Unbreakable Warrior

 

Jaeyeon has been wondering aimlessly on the busy streets of Seoul. She received many weird glances from people. It started to flurry; gushes of wind would come now and then almost knocking Jaeyeon over.

She was trudging through the snow dragging her bags behind her. The wind made her almost topple over from time to time, her eyes her on the ground, preventing the cold breeze from striking her face.

Jaeyeon kept replaying the previous events in her mind.

“Daddy’s in a coma?”

“Jaeyeon you aren’t going anywhere!”

“You’re 6 years old where can you possibly go?!”

Jaeyeon squeezed her eyes shut. She tried shaking the thoughts out of her mind. She didn’t see where she was going and she tripped over someone and landed hard on the snow covered ground.

“Umpf.” Jaeyeon grunted. She shook off the snow that was on her face and looked up at the person she tripped upon. “Mianhae, I didn’t watch where I was going.” Jaeyeon bowed as she dusted the snow off herself.

“That’s alright little girl. I believe these are yours.” The man replied as he gave Jaeyeon back her bags.

“Thank you.” She bowed lightly. As she was about to turn around the man looked around secretively, “Hey! Where are you going with these bags? Did you run away from home?”

“Not my home, my friend’s. I don’t have a home.” Jaeyeon said avoiding eye contact.

“Do you need somewhere to stay? My house is just around the corner.” The eerie man pointed down the street.

Jaeyeon looked at him warily. She didn’t like the vibe he gave off. Jaeyeon shook her head meekly.

“Oh come on you don’t really want to freeze out here do you?” The man stepped closer causing Jaeyeon to step back and fall. “Come on! Let’s go!” He bent down and grabbed her arm. She shut her eyes.

------

“Jaeyeon are you ready?” Mr. Lee challenged.

“Ready!” Jaeyeon nodded as she put her fists up.

“What do you do if a stranger grabs you like this?!” Mr. Lee now had both of Jaeyeon’s arms. She acted quickly and swung her arms in an outside circle and grabbed his arms and kicked below.

Her dad recovered and stood back up. “Very good.” He smiled in satisfaction. “You’re fighting is coming along great! Your appa taught you well! Now he keeps attacking! Up! Right! Left! Duck! Swing! Wah! My daughter’s so good. You’re going to be one skilled fighter.”

Her mother watched from inside. A sweet smile spread across her face. “I won’t have to worry about her one bit.”

------

Jaeyeon’s eyes snapped open and immediately started defending herself. Her smallness and quickness was an advantage, she was able to get out of the man’s grasps and holds with ease.

As soon as she’d get out of a hold she got her hits in, causing the man to grunt in pain. She was strong for her age, but she also hit his pressure points and the place where the sun don’t shine.

He doubled over and fell to the ground. Jaeyeon got her bags and tried to run as fast as she could. He looked up and grabbed her ankle.

“Ahh!” She shrieked as she hit the hard snow covered ground.

Meanwhile, a few young boys were walking back home from the grocery store.

“Burr! Who’s idea was it to go to the store in the cold!?” One of them complained grumpily.

“We needed to get more food. With them two little ones back there eating every 2-4 hours, our food won’t last a week.” The eldest responded. The second oldest nodded his head in agreement.

“Ahh!” screamed a high pitched voice. The youngest boy’s head snapped up. He squinted his eyes and saw a little girl with an older man in the distance. “H-Hyung! Hyung!” shouted the youngest boy urgently.

3 heads looked at him with confusion. “There’s a girl up there! She’s in trouble!” He shouted frantically pointing at Jaeyeon. The 3 hyungs looked and immediately sprinted to Jaeyeon who was fighting with the e.

“HEY! –punch” The eldest boy punched the pedo in his face. The man fell to the ground while the others approached Jaeyeon who was stunned at the eldest boy’s reaction.

“Are you alright?” The second eldest boy asked softly approaching Jaeyeon gently. Jaeyeon reacted immediately as she stood up abruptly and put her fists up. “Whoa..” The 3 boys slowly back away. The eldest approached her.

“We’re not going to hurt you.” He assured as he slowly pushed her little fists down. Jaeyeon saw sincerity in his eyes and let her fists fall.

“What are you doing out here all alone? Are you running away?” The second youngest asked with curiosity. Jaeyeon simply nodded and gathered her bags and started to walk away.

“H-hey! Wait!” The 4 boys caught up with her. She stopped and looked at them impatiently. “Do you have a place to stay?” The second eldest questioned.

Jaeyeon looked at him like he was out of his mind. He immediately read her mind.

“Oh! No! I didn’t mean it like that! It’s just we know what it’s like to be where you are, and if you want we’ll take you in.” He started to babble. “I know we don’t really know you. But at least you’ll have shelter, food, and warmth; plus friends around your age.” He pointed to the two youngest.

She looked at them unsure. “Come on.” The eldest held out his hand. The other 3 boys nodded encouragingly. “They did save me…” Jaeyeon thought, slowly she took his hand.

The second eldest and the second youngest took her suitcase and bag.

“Jaeyeon.” She muttered as she stopped walking. The 4 boys looked at her. “My name is Lee Jaeyeon.”

“Jaeyeon… that’s pretty!” The second eldest said. “I’m Yoo Youngjae! It’s nice to meet you!” He smiled whilst holding her suitcase on his head.

“Hi Jaeyeon! Moon Jongup imnida!” Jongup beamed brightly.

“I’m Jung Daehyun.” Daehyun said as he gave a nod and a small wave.

“And I’m Choi Junhong the maknae. I prefer to be called Zelo though.” Zelo shook her hand. “I hope we can be great friends!”

“Oh and there’s two more of us. The 2 eldest, you’ll see them soon.” Youngjae stated. They walked a little further and reached a restaurant. Jaeyeon stared. The boys stopped and waited for her.

“Jaeyeon, aren’t you coming?” Jongup questioned.

She looked at her feet. “Are you sure it’s okay for me to be here? I mean if I ran away from my friend because I felt like a burden, what makes you think this will be okay?”

The boys looked at each other. Youngjae sighed with the suitcase still on his head. “Well, considering what just happened tonight, I don’t think any of us would feel good about sending you on the streets alone. Stay for tonight; and if you still want to leave then we’ll let you go in the morning.”

Jaeyeon contemplated. “Alright.” Hesitantly she walked behind the 4 boys.

____________

HELLO !

Short update. But B.A.P finally came into the story ^^

Well, 4 of the members. Haha.

Have you guys heard EXO- History??

I'm prolly kinda late, but I LOVE that song!

Both versions <33 The members are soo talented and Gorgeous looking <33

And thank you to those who have commented & subscribed. You guys are awesome & made my day!

Lol. Well as always Thanks for Reading! 

 

Comments are loved! Subscribers make my dayFriends are welcome! ^^