⠀⠀☀⠀⠀BULLETIN.

⠀⠀⠀⠀HIGHRISE.⠀⠀☀⠀⠀...and welcome to the party!
Gabriel
Yesterday 9:42AM
Who is Gabriel Yang? What does he do?
Gabriel Yang is a sweet, amiable, and popular 26 years old guy who has a high reputation due to his status and "self-made" accomplishments.
 
He began a start-up project during his college years, and it  received high credibility and became a huge success after his graduation.
 
Currently, he is the CEO and app developer of a well-known micromobility (electric scooters) company named Paddle. Paddle is distributed to many cities nationwide.
 
Under all of that however, Gabriel is not the friendly next-door boy that people usually sees him as. He has deliberate plans of his own, doing anything for quick, selfish gains towards his money and reputation. Unfortunately, he plays dirty; he knows everything and everyone. He will eventually find a way to sabotage you if you are an obstacle or target. If you are not, he is simply a nice guy towards you.
Does my character need a motive for being a culprit? Could it be possibly just be an accidental death?
Your character and everyone else must have a motive in some way or form. The culprit will be determined through relationships and character's motive.
 
Gabriel knows all of the sticky and secretive details of your characters: good and bad. He has the potential to blackmail your character if he could. Use this as a way to form your character's secret, and how and why Gabriel knows about it.
What is this party about? Where is it? Why is Gabriel hosting it?
The party takes place in August on a private island owned by Gabriel's father. The purpose of this party is to celebrate Gabriel's success launch of Paddle.
 
Though, we all know it is a way for Gabriel to show off his lucky, "self-made" wealth.
Who is Esme Nakano? What is her purpose?
Esme Nakano is a 25 years old fashion supermodel who is extremely brash and hardheaded. She is a very determined and logical person, only doing or taking action if it benefits her in some way (especially living in a misogynistic environment).
 
Her connection with Gabriel Yoo is that she is his college ex. The couple was well-known amongst their peers. However, their relationship was purely business and superficial. People view them as a lovely-dovey couple, but they are nothing more than "friends".
 
The reason behind the relationship is Gabriel's promise to help her grow a business on her own without her family (and through his family instead). However, it did not follow through as Esme realized that Gabriel is not a good person or friend. 
 
+ More information about her will be on her app.
Can my character be romantically involved with Gabriel or Esme?
You are free to create whatever relation you like with both of them.
How many apps can we apply with?
You can apply as many times as you want, but out of the bunch, only one will be chosen to keep it fair for everyone!
What are Esme and Gabriel's enneagram, MBTI, and Hogwarts House?
Esme is an ESTJ, 8w7, Gryffindor, while Gabriel is an INTJ, 1w9, Slytherin!
What does Gabriel's family do?
Great question!
 
Just like Gabriel, Gabriel's father is a new-money, self-made CEO and developer of a start-up project named Panel. Panel is an energy tracking application/company who provides a tracking system for electric chargers and solar panels in homes and complexes. He also works closely with Esme's father who is a real estate developer. 
 
* A example of Panel would be Clemap.
 
Gabriel's mother is a highly esteemed fashion designer. She also works closely with Esme who is a model for her brand.
 
* A example of her brand/design would be Vivienne Westwood.
Premise. HIGHRISE is a murder mystery in a high society where all characters are invited to a lavish, alumni-only party on a private island for a week long. Unfortunately, the party doesn't go as planned.
 
CW : This story will contains extremely mature and ual themes, such as murder, violence, drugs, alcoholism, abuse, toxic behavior, and much more. Please be advised.
 
The School. All characters are graduates from Mandela University, a made-up prestigious college similar to an Ivy League school. Mandela's location is in New York City, New York (to keep it simple), and their mascot is a crow.
 
There is not much information needed since the school is not important. If you do have questions about it, don't hesitate to ask.
 
The Invitation. So how are people invited? Easy! You will be applying as Gabriel's former peer. No matter what your status or occupation is, Gabriel will be inviting you to his private party.
 
Characters. A detail to remember about this event is that it is from a high society. Therefore, a majority of the attendees will have rich backgrounds. It is possible for your character to be middle or lower class, but it is likely that they will not have a pleasant time around rich (or even materialistic) people. However, do as you please.
 
* All characters must be from the same class year as Gabriel Yang!
 
You do not need more than one faceclaim. It is preferred that you choose a faceclaim from the K-pop industry, but it is not necessary. Do not racebend whatsoever. Your application will be rejected if you try to racebend. All characters must be older than 25. You are allowed to age up or down your faceclaim of three years.
 
Personality and background does not need to be long. As long as I understand what's going on, you don't need to write more than necessary. Feel free to use MBTI, zodiacs, inspirations though; it helps me understand your character more.
 
* Please remember to TW or CW your application if there are themes that are inappropriate. It is safer for everyone.
 
Relationships. The relationship section is the most important part of the application. It is what will push the plot forward. Please be as detailed and thorough so I have a complete understanding.
 
All characters are connected with each other, even if they are acquaintances or distant. It is required for you to add Gabriel and Esme to your relationships. Your application will be pending if I do not spot their relation.
 
You are allowed to collaborate with other applicants! Very much encouraged! There is no love interest section because that is not the main focus whatsoever. Your character can still be romantically involved with another character though.
 
Application Tag. Please tag your application with "hriseapps" so I can easily track your application! I like to look at people's progress.
 
Brownie Points, Taken. This is a section for me to be more casual and add more things that I didn't say before!
 
Taken FCs: Park Hyungsik, Minatozaki Sana
 
Pls help... I haven't done an applyfic in forever... I actually forgot how to do a cheatsheet and had to go on my other fics to double check... Let me go to the point...
 
I would love to see more of older gen idols!!!!!! Fromis_9, The Boyz, Woodz, iKON, DEAN, Lee Hayi, B.I., and people with a lot of HD pictures... I love doing edits so please! Non-EA faceclaims are very very loved! Collabs with very deep connections are my absolute favorite as well.
 
Some character ideas:
- An athlete or Olympian
- Celebrity (actor, singer, etc)
- Someone in culinary arts, owns restaurants, a chef
- Someone in the medical field
- Someone related to the dean of Mandela (nepotism..?)
- An extrovert, party-goer, vacation lover
- Tech/school rival of Gabriel, someone who competed against Gabriel
- Positive relations with Gabriel or a L/I for him (think about it... a motive with this would be very interesting!)
- Someone heavily involved with Gabriel and Esme's past relationship, perhaps a middle man?