End

Sunset

So, here’s the thing, Johnny was sure Kun isn’t big on birthdays, especially his own, but it would be nice to spend the day with his boyfriend and pamper him like the demigod that he was. Johnny knew Kun would just love cuddles and kisses but he wanted to take his boyfriend out to eat, maybe hotpot because Kun likes them, or barbecue because again Kun likes them. But Kun never replied to his test the other night about the schedule and his year end activities caught up with him so he hadn’t had the chance to talk to Kun in person about it.

 

Until he saw post about Kun eating with Chenle, okay valid Chenle is Kun’s angel and his non-biological son in the twisted NCT family tree. But with Junhui? Of all people Junhui?

 

Johnny isn’t a jealous person perse but there is just something about Junhui that irked him, and even though Kun explained that Junhui and him were just friends, johnny had doubts clouding his mind because damn, have you seen Junhui? The guy was sculpted by the gods and his personality could in event he most introvert of a person.

 

“Stop looking like your ex-boyfriend stole your pet and ran off.” Taeyong scoffed as passed by a looming Johnny by the kitchen counter.

 

“hey! I only have one ex!” Johnny huffed and yes that’s Ten but he wasn’t really bummed about it nor jealous of the two, even if Kun and Ten belonged to one unit and were considered as WayV’s parents and already married with 2 fur babies.

 

“I know and you don’t even have a pet. Kun on the other hand, is like a step dad to those cuties.” Taeyong hummed and Johnny showed him his middle finger, making the slightly younger laugh loudly.

 

“Leon likes me.” Johnny retaliated. True, Leon likes Johnny and Johnny likes the cat the most among the little ones.

 

“But seriously, what had gotten your up in your ?” Taeyong asked, genuine if I may add, and it made Johnny sigh.

 

“It’s just that Kun never really replied to my text about plans for today and then I get to find out that he went out to eat with Chenle and Junhui! What about me?” Johnny asked and Taeyong laughed, because he knew, even if they all insisted that Junhui is only a friend, Johnny would never believe them.

 

“So Junhui huh?” Taeyong grinned and Johnny hissed at him. Taeyong laughed at his friend’s reaction because they all knew, Junhui is dating Wonwoo and it baffles them that Johnny is still jealous of the him; heck Wonwoo would even join Kun and Junhui from time to time and the rapper won’t even bat his lashes when it comes to Junhui and Kun meeting up.

 

“It’s unfair! I am the boyfriend.” Johnny pouted.

 

“Talk to Kun, must be a misunderstanding.” Taeyong urged his friend who sighed then nodded, moving to his room to get some privacy before he called Kun.

 

 

Kun picked up on the third ring, the screen showed Kun dressed warmly and perhaps he just got back. “Hi Johnny hyung.” Kun beamed and Johnny smiled at hos beautiful his boyfriend is.

 

“Hi Kun, Happy birthday baby!” Johnny greeted back and Kun smiled wider. “How was your day?” Johnny asked and Kun confirmed that in fact, Junhui and Chenle came with him for lunch. “What about me?” Johnny pouted at his boyfriend.

 

“You didn’t reply when I invited you.” Kun replied and Johnny was perplexed! He did! He sent a message saying that he was available the whole day!

 

“I did!” Johnny exclaimed.

 

“No you didn’t!” Kun exclaimed back. “Check your phone hyung.” Kun said then dropped the call.

 

Johnny was mad about this, like how could Kun accuse him and then drop the call. He grumpily went to his messaging app top screenshot his text when he saw that the message was still on the box and wasn’t even sent over as he argued. Johnny groaned then whined before calling Kun again and this time when the younger picked up, Johnny was almost in tears and apologizing like he did Kun a capital crime.

 

“I’m sorry! Kunnie I’m really sorry!!!” Johnny was genuinely sorry to a point that Kun was almost laughing at his boyfriend. ‘I knew I sent it. I would never ignore you! I must have caught up with something. I promise I wanted to spend your birthday together. I had these plans, I want to pamper you! I wanted to watch the sunrise with you! Kun!! I really do love you and promise this was just a fluke please don’t break up with me!” Johnny was sobbing and Kun was endeared.

 

“Jhohnny hyung.” Kun said softly. “Listen baobei. I am not breaking up with you.” Kun added and Johnny wiped the tears from his cheeks then pouted at Kun. “I understood and figured that you might be busy or something that’s why I asked Chenle and Junhui.” Kun explained and with the mention of Junhui Johnny glared at Kun.

 

“Why Junhui?? Why not the others?” Johnny spat and it made Kun laugh.

 

‘Stop that hyung, Junhui is already dating my cousin!” Kun replied and Johnny was confused, Kun has a cousin? “Junhui’s dating Wonwoo and we found out that our family names’ characters are similar, both in hanja and pinyin so we call each other cousins.” Kun explained and Johnny blinked owlishly at him. “You’re being jealous for no reason, Junhui is one of people I can trust especially in this industry.” Kun said and Johnny pouted even more, why is his boyfriend this cute? He’s a freaking 6 ft giant.

 

“You do know that I prefer sunsets over sunrises right?” Kun asked and Johnny nodded then looked at the clock on his nightstand. “Come with me, let’s go for a drive.” Kun invited Johnny and the older nodded like a puppy.

 

‘Give me like half an hour, I gotta shower then drive to your dorm. No don’t pick me up, I’ll drive! I’ll pamper you and all, this is your special day!” Johnny chirped excitedly making Kun laugh loudly.

 

“Don’t stress yourself hyung, I’ll see you later.” Kun then blew a kiss and ended the call.

 

Johnny was smiling like an idiot for a moment before he hurriedly dashed to the bathroom to take a shower.

 

When Kun opened the door to their dorm, he was engulfed by Johnny’s arms and peppered kisses all over making Chenle and Yangyang gag at their place on the sofa.

 

“Please, if you are going to do the deed, not by the front door, my shoes are there.” Yangyang shouted.

 

“I mean I am all up for my parents getting lovey dovey but eww, not in front of my salad.” Chenle added.

 

“First of all, you’re eating ramen Chenle. And second, we’re not dong it here. Maybe Johnny’s car though.” Kun remarked making Johnny laugh at the shocked expressions of the two.

 

“Let me greet my precious before we leave?” Johnny asked and Kun nodded, calling Leon over who dutifully followed Kun. Johnny picked up the cat and nuzzled him before kissing him on his head then letting him go.

 

“See you kids.” Johnny shouted then off the two went out of the dorm laughing at how they played the younger boys. ‘you didn’t have to scare them like that.” Johnny sighed as they boarded the elevator. “But if you’re down for it, I don’t mind.” Johnny grinned and it made Kun laugh.

 

“No, I wouldn’t want to be bent over in a dingy car back seat that would give me a sore back, much rather get a sore back from other means.” Kun grinned back and Johnny laughed at that, Kun was really something else, this is a persona he rarely showed, mostly to Johnny only and behind closed doors.

 

 

Johnny drove them to the beach, and he made a pit stop somewhere to buy food and a small cake from a really cute café. They also bought their coffees and continued their drive towards the beach just in time to watch the sun set on the first day of the year and Kun’s birthday. Johnny sang him a birthday song in three languages, belting it out in his best Mandarin making Kun laugh at him but very much appreciated because right after the he blew the candle, he leaned in and gave Johnny a sweet kiss just as the sun painted the sky orange and the moon peaked out on the horizon.  They parted with smiled on their faces and Kun planted a kiss on Johnny’s cheek before side hugging his boyfriend and resting his chin on Johnny’s shoulder.

 

“Thank you hyung.’ Kun told him and Johnny was breathless with how beautiful Kun is, his smile as bright as the setting sun. ‘I love you.” Kun added and Johnny smiled wide and kissed Kun’s forehead.

 

‘I love you more.” Johnny replied and they stayed quiet for a while before Johnny swiped icing on Kun’s face.

 

They decided to check into a nearby hotel to stay the night, ate their dinner and then went in for a walk on the calm beach

 

“You should greet your fans, they’re all excited to see you and greet you personally.” Johnny suggested, taking the interlocked hands to his lips.

 

“You think so?” Kun asked and Johnny nodded, assuring him. “Okay.” Kun then took out his phone. “Selca first.” Kun beamed and Johnny indulged his boyfriend, smiling happily for the camera, and fully knowing that the picture will never be released for the public see but for Kun’s vault to keep in cherish.

 

 

Kun set up his phone and went live while Johnny stayed a few feet back, careful not to be seen and cause a PR nightmare for their team. Johnny watched as Kun talked to his fans, happy to see his beloved happy and calm. He stared at the sea, calm and cold but Kun loved it here, loved the sky and sea just as much as he loved adventure, and he thanked the heavens for giving him Kun, his other half and the love od his life.

 

When Kun finished his stream, Johnny extended his hand and Kun ran up to him, hugging him as he reached him and johnny laughed heartily, he love this, he love Kun.

 

“Time for my birthday present.” Kun grinned and Johnny nodded, He couldn’t disappoint the birthday boy.

 

“Let’s go love, time to unwrap your present.” Johnny replied and they walked back to their hotel room, hands interlaced and smiles on their faces never leaving.

 

 

---

 

a/n: I’m sorry Junhui for making you the third wheel but Johnny was asking it lols.

I adore Kun and Junhui’s friendship and would really want them to have more interactions and outings.