Final

Play me the classics, something romantic

Sleeping in during the weekends is a normal thing for most people like Hyunjung.

She can already feel the warm rays of the sun seeping through the bedroom's window. She turned around, trying to take a hold of her favorite person, but alas, she felt nothing but the fluffy duvet covers.

Her girlfriend wasn't like most people. She's a surgeon. Meaning, most of the time, she is needed at the hospital.

Hyunjung doesn't know why, but during this particular month every year, almost all of the hospitals around the metro are full.

The sleepy woman groaned after learning that her girlfriend was on duty again. She thought that Jiyeon wasn't going to work this weekend to rest, just like she said last night before going to sleep. But knowing how her girlfriend is, the ever so caring and dutiful Jiyeon, if the hospital called for her, she'll always be there.

Hyunjung went downstairs, greeting their cat, Zero, on her way down. Feeling lazy, she opted on eating cereals and went on to eat in the living room.

The living room was wide with a big glass mirror on the side, looking over the beautiful city. She took a spoonful of her food as she searched for the latest episode of her favorite drama on Netflix, aka 'How to Get Away with Murder'. Hyunjung knows it's a little cliché for a lawyer to watch and enjoy such series, but for her, it's a little entertaining to watch these kids try and solve actual criminal cases that aren't really plausible to do in the real world.

She stayed seated and almost finished three episodes straight until her phone buzzed.

"Good morning baby!! I really do hope that you're awake by now LOL. Sorry i left, there was an emergency at the hospital :(( it was a young girl and there were no other available surgeons. Hope u forgive me. I'll buy anything u want for lunch hehe. I'll be home soon. Love you"

Hyunjung smiled at the message and quickly formulated a response.

"Don't worry, i forgive you, my sunshine. Really? Anything I want for lunch? ;) Kidding. Stay safe while driving. I'm excited to have you here beside me again. I love you.

Follow up question, what time did you go to the hospital a while ago? How come I didn't even sense you preparing???"

It's true that Hyunjung was curious about that. Most of the time, Hyunjung would be woken up by the slightest of things; Jiyeon dressing up for work in the wee hours of the morning, tiny chirps of birds outside, or just like a while ago when she felt the heat coming from the sun. So she was confused when she didn't even feel her girlfriend getting up, mostly because Jiyeon is always noisy while prepping herself, often stumbling over thin air or dropping things like her lipstick or her comb.

Another reply came in.

"Around 3:30 am.You we're SO passed out babe LOL. Wouldn't be able to reply after this message cause I'll be driving home already."

"What? 3:30 am?" Hyunjung thought. Her girlfriend went home and slept late last night at around midnight. How can she possibly be at her best state if she doesn't have enough rest?

Oftentimes, Hyunjung worries about her having too little time to eat, to rest, and to enjoy other things. But she cannot really scold her about that since her job also requires a large amount of her time to make her unable to do those things too.

But hey, these professions are what makes them keep going in life. It's their purpose of existence. The two of them loving to serve the public.

Hyunjung got up, bringing her bowl to the sink to wash it, and took a shower after. By the time that she was done, she heard the door of their unit open.

She rushed down to greet her beloved. Hyunjung was running towards Jiyeon at full speed, her arms wide open and ready for a hug, only to be met by a pillow thrown on her face.

"No hugs. I haven't taken a shower yet," Jiyeon scolded.

"Well then, let me help you with that," Hyunjung wiggled her eyebrows, walking slowly towards Jiyeon, still in an attempt to hug the other woman.

"Judging by the looks of your hair, that is still wet, I can conclude that you just got out of the bathroom,"

"What is your point? If you're at the courtroom right now, you would've lost," Hyunjung jokes.

"That's why I didn't take up law. Here," Jiyeon handed her phone over to Hyunjung, "I told you that you can order anything for lunch, so do that while I wash myself up okay?"

Hyunjung would gladly win any debate as she was the best debater when she was in school but no debates involving this lovely woman in front of her. Not wanting to make the younger woman bicker more, gladly took hold of the phone and started scrolling down on the food delivery app as Jiyeon went inside of their room.

Time passed and Jiyeon wasn't still back down at the living room. The food Hyunjung ordered was already delivered but, weirdly, her girlfriend still wasn't done washing up. So Hyunjung went up and inside of their room.

There, she heard from outside if the bathroom that the water coming down from the shower was still running. But there's still this strange feeling inside of her gut that made her unable to stay put.

She gently opened the door of the bathroom, thank the gods Jiyeon doesn't lock the door, and went inside.

What she saw ultimately broke Hyunjung's heart.

She saw Jiyeon sitting on their shower chair, with the water from the shower head still running and trickling down her head while she was sleeping.

Hyunjung couldn't believe it.

Just how tired was her girlfriend that she would doze off in the middle of a bath?

Hyunjung grabs the bathrobe from the stand and gently wakes Jiyeon up.

"Hey," Hyunjung whispered as she closed the shower and wraps Jiyeon up with the robe

"Hmm... Hey, uh... I must have dozed off," Jiyeon said as she welcomes the clothe being wrapped around her, "The water was so warm and cozy" she chuckled.

Hyunjung smiled softly at her before guiding her back to the bedroom and helping her dress up.

The two went down and ate their lunch.

"Wow, you ordered a lot. I hope my card's still alive," Jiyeon joked as she took a spoonful of pasta into .

"Oh shut up, you make like what? Triple of my income?"

"You're exaggerating,"

"I wish I was," Hyunjung quips, making Jiyeon laugh while shaking her head in denial.

Even after saying that there was a lot of food, the two finished everything.

"Babe, let's play rock-paper-scissors," Jiyeon giggled.

"Huh? For what?" Hyunjung asked while throwing some of their trash from the take out.

"Whoever loses washes the dishes," Jiyeon said.

Hyunjung looked back at her and raises an eyebrow, "Didn't you swear, to the old gods and the new, that it is your duty to wash the dishes during the weekends?"

Hyunjung would wash a thousand dishes if it meant that Jiyeon can finally rest. She was willing and was about to do it before Jiyeon suggested in playing a game.

She knew that her girlfriend didn't want to directly ask if she could do the dishes so instead, she asked for a game, a game Hyunjung would gladly lose.

"I'll go for scissors, okay?" Jiyeon said. Hyunjung smiled before stepping towards her,

"Okay,"

"Okay. Let's start!"

"Rock, paper, scissors!"

"Rock, paper, scissors!"

The two made their choices simultaneously and true to her word, Jiyeon did scissors while Hyunjung made paper.

"Haha! You lost!" Jiyeon said as she stood up from her chair and went near Hyunjung.

"Damn it," Hyunjung pretended to get annoyed but the little smile on her face betrayed her.

Jiyeon smiled back, her eyes looking directly at the older woman's. Gazes full of admiration and a connection they've built over the years wordlessly telling each other "I love you".

Jiyeon encircled her arms around the taller's waist and gave her a tight hug, "Thank you," she whispered and gave Hyunjung a warm kiss on the lips which the latter gladly received.

"Anything for you," Hyunjung answered before leaning down and giving Jiyeon a kiss too.